2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Twin Charged! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hahn racecraft is a very fairly priced company... there is NO reason that the twincharger kit would cost significantly more then a standard turbo kit. Same parts, and HRC doesn't screw you on R&D costs like some companies.... I dont see why it would cost in excess of 4000 for just the kit. I'll bet money on that.

And if you are only pushing in the low 300hp range, an internal upgrade prolly won't be nessicary. A good idea no doubt, but not a must.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by SloBaltSS
Hahn racecraft is a very fairly priced company... there is NO reason that the twincharger kit would cost significantly more then a standard turbo kit. Same parts, and HRC doesn't screw you on R&D costs like some companies.... I dont see why it would cost in excess of 4000 for just the kit. I'll bet money on that.

And if you are only pushing in the low 300hp range, an internal upgrade prolly won't be nessicary. A good idea no doubt, but not a must.
Would you really want to swap in a 4000 dollar kit when you can just change the blower for less then half that?
Old 11-03-2005, 06:21 PM

I don't wanna balive that gravana gave up on the kit... and if they did, it can't be cuz of GM... there still makin parts for the Balt. I'm not likeing, however, the $$$ of this TCkit. Makes if feel so unreachable!
Old 11-03-2005, 11:09 PM

Sure, just swapping the blower might be easier... but on some level there isn't that "oh ****" factor when you say you have a super and a turbo on your car, and its actually there when you pop the hood. It would be alot rarer you know?
Old 11-03-2005, 11:30 PM

I think I am going to need a bigger boost gauge
Old 11-03-2005, 11:40 PM

Anybody else see that front mount intercooler on that???

Also did anybody else see the other cobalt that had a rear turbo setup? The sounds more feasable for twincharging for us worried about engine space.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:43 PM

Yeah....I saw that setup. It looks damn cool. What is that extra pipe for??? Is that for the blow off? The one all the way on the left of that picture.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:46 PM

Also has anybody noticed that most of the cobalts at sema that were widebody just had the stock SS SC body kit with fender flares? There are no body kits for our car!!!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by BlAckOnBLaCK
Yeah....I saw that setup. It looks damn cool. What is that extra pipe for??? Is that for the blow off? The one all the way on the left of that picture.
no that is a wastgate

and that setup sucks monkey nuts
Old 11-03-2005, 11:57 PM

OOo......well ok.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:16 PM

alex, i beg the differ, my buddy is running a sts on his t/a and the sh*t is sick! Talk about really hearing a turbo!....
Old 11-04-2005, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by dirtySSout
alex, i beg the differ, my buddy is running a sts on his t/a and the sh*t is sick! Talk about really hearing a turbo!....
I bet he has alot of lag. Now take that lag and doubble it b/c of a 4 cylinder not an 8.
The only reason the turbo is so loud is b/c there is only 1 foot of exhaust pipe coming out of it. If u are more intrested about turbo sound and not efficient operation that is the kit for you.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Alex47
If u are more intrested about turbo sound and not efficient operation that is the kit for you.
OH THE IRONY IS TOO MUCH! Isn't the whole reason people were talking about adding a turbo is for efficiency? Plus that car sounds like crap, there's no muffler to add tone.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:19 PM

Can you argue that the rear mount turbo would make the car slower then stock? No? Then get over it. Its still an improvment over stock, and by degrading somebody else choice in modifications, you are just proving that you are indeed, an ASSHAT. kbyetnx
Old 11-04-2005, 11:26 PM

Can you argue that the rear mount turbo would make the car slower then stock? No? Then get over it. Its still an improvment over stock, and by degrading somebody else choice in modifications, you are just proving that you are indeed, an ASSHAT. kbyetnx
Umm.... he's not degrading anyone, he's stating peer facts that it's a poor design. It is a poor design and he's trying to help a fellow tuner make theright decision, and "asshat" what are you 12?? "TURD"
Old 11-04-2005, 11:30 PM

okay tard, someone is not going to spend that much money for a twincharge when they can just as easily go with a whipple 1.6L and push just as much, if not more horsepower with a billion times more efficiency. The only reason why this should ever be done on a car is if it's going to be a showcar. Performance wise this setup isn't very good, a lot more could be done for the money.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:31 PM

Wow.. Imagine your beside some dude, All of a sudden he pins it and you hear the whine of the supercharger , starts going pretty fast, around 3000 RPMS u see him start going 2x times fast and all of a sudden "CHHH" the blow off valve
Old 11-04-2005, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by SS-=MKR=-SS
Wow.. Imagine your beside some dude, All of a sudden he pins it and you hear the whine of the supercharger , starts going pretty fast, around 3000 RPMS u see him start going 2x times fast and all of a sudden "CHHH" the blow off valve
He wont hear jack crap because he pulls a car length on you, then when your supercharger is maxed and you're waiting on your turbo to spool, he's pulling bus lengths on you, then all of a sudden, "CHHH" and the race is over.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by VaMP
He wont hear jack crap because he pulls a car length on you, then when your supercharger is maxed and you're waiting on your turbo to spool, he's pulling bus lengths on you, then all of a sudden, "CHHH" and the race is over.
and the winner is Vamp ne: , sorry turds but lets face the facts, chhh doesn't win races!! If you really want to spend a ton of money on a chhh ,I'll video record my buddies SRT-4 for you and you can play it next to your ear!!
Old 11-05-2005, 12:11 AM

Vamp you sound like your trying to make yourself feel better by saying all those things, Like if it bothers you that the cobalt ss.sc is finally get to a stage where you thought it would never get. It bothers you that we r going to have like three stages and maybe a possible twincharge setup. You use that as a way to make yourself better about your cobalt 2.2 or berreta.
believe me, its phsycological, thats what im studying, your simptoms are all positive buddy.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:23 AM

Oh thank you ol' fountain of knowledge! I'm sorry if you think being against wasting money is a metal illness.
And it's not like I didn't think anyone would try it, because I knew when I got my car this summer that they were, it's just I've just been enlightened. When you understand the concept behind forced induction, you will be brought into the light, but for now, be blissfully ignorant.
Oh here's some picture of my 2.2 and beretta, enjoy....

Old 11-05-2005, 12:26 AM

Thumbs up

Oh thank you ol' fountain of knowledge! I'm sorry if you think being against wasting money is a metal illness.
And it's not like I didn't think anyone would try it, because I knew when I got my car this summer that they were, it's just I've just been enlightened. When you understand the concept behind forced induction, you will be brought into the light, but for now, be blissfully ignorant.
Oh here's some picture of my 2.2 and beretta, enjoy....

This is the time when I say My concept was wrong. And your behavior didnt match my description. Therefore I apologize for making assumption about you. I was also being biased because I really like the idea of twincharging. You obviously dont. By the way, your car looks great.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:39 AM

YOU MUST ADRESS ME AS MR.ASSHAT
Old 11-05-2005, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Ljavy17
Vamp you sound like your trying to make yourself feel better by saying all those things, Like if it bothers you that the cobalt ss.sc is finally get to a stage where you thought it would never get. It bothers you that we r going to have like three stages and maybe a possible twincharge setup. You use that as a way to make yourself better about your cobalt 2.2 or berreta.
believe me, its phsycological, thats what im studying, your simptoms are all positive buddy.
1) might want to find a new school to study phsycological

2) I think you use your phsycological as a tool to make yourself feel better about yourself and the way you think you know everything.

3) Punk card issued!!

4) l8ter toad
Old 11-05-2005, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Ghalterman_usmc
1) might want to find a new school to study phsycological

2) I think you use your phsycological as a tool to make yourself feel better about yourself and the way you think you know everything.

3) Punk card issued!!

4) l8ter toad

Quick Reply: Twin Charged! ! !