2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Twin Charged! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 11:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow this tread has gone downhill... Anyways, I can't wait to see this thing in action. I've wanted a twincharger set up the moment I heard about it. I think the wow factor the moment the hood is poped will be unbelievable. Last night at our meet everyone pretty much agreed.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i love how there are more SRT-4 owners that talk in here, then on there forums..... just madness!
Old 11-05-2005, 05:51 PM

There are very very few other cars on the face of this planet that rely on twincharging for extra power, so why does everyone here think its the ultimate solution for the SS?? I think most people here only want it so they can say that have it, and dont really know that you could get the same effect out of a more efficient blower pushing more boost, a better intercooler, a ported head, bigger cams, and tuning for alot less money. And you will learn more in the process about your car.
The only other cars I've seen that has had any kind of popularity what-so-ever with twincharging are Skylines and Supras, and that was mainly for shock value in car shows anyways.

And I have to disagree with Alex on his criticizing of the remote mount turbo system. Maaaybe hes right that it will have horrible lag on a 4 cylinder, but it has worked very well on a 2.8 V6 Cavalier that a member ofwww.thirdgen.org owns, and they have worked extremely well on anything with a V8, especially LS1's. If you size the turbo to your application correctly and make sure the exhaust is free flowing as well as the charge pipe feeding the engine, then the system will have minimal lag and work almost as well as a standard turbo kit while being cheaper and easier to install/deinstall. I dont understand how someone who attempts at coming off as being fairly educated cant grasp the concept for what it is.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:54 PM

I don't know if this has been mentioned cause I'm not going to take the time to read 6 pages to see but......
What all would you have to modify in the engine to handle that kind of pressure? I'm sure you'll have to change a whole lot and that means $$$$$$. Personally I'd love to twin charge the car but I just cannot afford to sink like $7,000 in the engine.

Tom
Old 11-05-2005, 06:06 PM

Technically you could only see a 50-75hp gain from TC'ing and nothing would have to be done to the internals. Its all about how much boost you want to make with the turbo up top, and how much power you want to make. I can just see tuning being a nightmare though
Old 11-05-2005, 06:19 PM

I spoke to the engineer from hahn and they havent done anything with the ecu yet, another words its not tuned yet and has only moved enough to get on and off a trailer. They are working on it though soon they should have it together..
Old 11-06-2005, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Sinisterredlines
I spoke to the engineer from hahn and they havent done anything with the ecu yet, another words its not tuned yet and has only moved enough to get on and off a trailer. They are working on it though soon they should have it together..
sounds good now if the kit can stay low in overall price plus install then it should be a worthy investment closer to the end of ones warrenty or at any time as long as the cash flows
Old 11-06-2005, 01:22 AM

Yea thats old news.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by OniMirage
now if the kit can stay low in overall price plus install
Expect it to be somewhere near $8,000.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:29 PM

Your retarded VAMP, it won't be half of what your expecting...$8,000... nice evil monkey though!
Old 11-06-2005, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by jymontoya
Your retarded VAMP, it won't be half of what your expecting...$8,000... nice evil monkey though!
Okay tard-face, I see you have no clue what you're talking about. A company started a twin charge project during the summer, they since then stopped development because the design and install costs were outweighing the demand for it. The last quote before they quit was at least $8,000. I don't even know why I'm explaining this to someone who is incapable of comprehension. I hope you mature and learn how to act on forums.

Take the time to read this time:
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...ht=twin+charge
Old 11-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Proud Playstation 3 Owner

Originally Posted by VaMP
I hope you mature and learn how to act on forums.
Word
Old 11-06-2005, 09:27 PM

Pwnag3! Even a Mod agrees!
Old 11-06-2005, 09:49 PM

man, what happened to simple posting an opinion then moving on? its pretty sad yall have went to name calling...

but anyways, when the kit comes out, it wont cost $8k. the thing that proves this the most is the fact that this company did it without doing what gravana said they would have to do. me thinks they never looked too far into it. the part of making this a working kit that would take the most time and money in R&D would be making the piggyback work to the twinchargings safe potiental. dont get me wrong, twincharging isnt the cheapest way by far, i totally agree that swapping the s/c out and cams would net quite the gain...

this is a new car though, so ya just gotta give it time guys, it will all come with time...
Old 11-07-2005, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dman
man, what happened to simple posting an opinion then moving on? its pretty sad yall have went to name calling...

but anyways, when the kit comes out, it wont cost $8k. the thing that proves this the most is the fact that this company did it without doing what gravana said they would have to do. me thinks they never looked too far into it. the part of making this a working kit that would take the most time and money in R&D would be making the piggyback work to the twinchargings safe potiental. dont get me wrong, twincharging isnt the cheapest way by far, i totally agree that swapping the s/c out and cams would net quite the gain...

this is a new car though, so ya just gotta give it time guys, it will all come with time...

That's exactly what I was talking about. I'm not saying it won't be more expensive than a supercharger swap, but definetly won't be $8,000.

And just because one small company couldn't figure out how to develop it for reasonable cost to them, doesn't mean someone with a bit more backing (HAHN RACECRAFT)... couldn't do it in a much more cost effective manner.

VAMP- this is the one and only time I will say this. Leave your personal bull$hit to yourself. These forums were made to discuss the possiblities of future developments. If you don't like something, that's fine, that's your opinion. But once you state your opinion, whatever it may be, leave it alone, especially if obviously no one else is agreeing with you. The discussion in this forum could grow beautifully if it weren't for you being so repeatedly negative. We understand you don't think it will work. You already spoke your opinion... Now let us discuss ours without your constant disbelief. If you don't like what your reading, GO READ SOMETHING ELSE!
Old 11-07-2005, 10:38 AM

If you guys want to see how twin charging realy works look over at zzperformance.com Stock block, XPZ cam, heads, M90, turbo and the first company to hit 9's. Tunning is the biggest thing. Poeple who say it doesnt work need to go back to school.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:55 AM

hey at least now everyone here can finally put a f***in BOV on their cobalt.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:07 AM
Banned

hey vamp, that was the gravana twin charge kit.....that they estimated to me @ $8000. this hahn turbo kit doesn't look like it has relocated anything, and the relocation of the abs and fuseblock is what gravana said was going to cost all the extra $$$ i would say if they got everything working on the hahn kit without relocating anything it's going to be $3-4k maybe less after a few months or so
Old 11-07-2005, 12:18 PM

I like how someone thats been here for a whopping 5 days and has 6 posts is calling out VaMP like he is. Thats just some genuine funny shiat right there

This kit from Hahn will probably cost closer to 4k than 3k. You can do ALOT with 4 grand. You can buy an M90 and have it machined to fit the LSJ for probably a grand at the most. After that you have another 3k to play with, which could buy you a Patriot head and upgraded cams, and after that you might even have enough left for internals. Seeing as how an M90 can feed 15+ pounds of efficient boost to a 3.8 6 cylinder, I see it having no trouble pushing even more to something with 2 less cylinders and 1.8 liters less displacement. This whole twin charging idea is only good for those that want to say they have something unique and have something to show off to the people that dont know any better. Anyone who has common sense when it comes to performing the right mods to a car will know better than to drop 4k for something that wont provide nearly the gains.
As I've asked before: If twincharing is sooo great, why isnt it done more regularly?
Old 11-07-2005, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by GTPsRule
I like how someone thats been here for a whopping 5 days and has 6 posts is calling out VaMP like he is. Thats just some genuine funny shiat right there

This kit from Hahn will probably cost closer to 4k than 3k. You can do ALOT with 4 grand. You can buy an M90 and have it machined to fit the LSJ for probably a grand at the most. After that you have another 3k to play with, which could buy you a Patriot head and upgraded cams, and after that you might even have enough left for internals. Seeing as how an M90 can feed 15+ pounds of efficient boost to a 3.8 6 cylinder, I see it having no trouble pushing even more to something with 2 less cylinders and 1.8 liters less displacement. This whole twin charging idea is only good for those that want to say they have something unique and have something to show off to the people that dont know any better. Anyone who has common sense when it comes to performing the right mods to a car will know better than to drop 4k for something that wont provide nearly the gains.
As I've asked before: If twincharing is sooo great, why isnt it done more regularly?
I see they banned you for the 3rd time over at the ************* site
Old 11-07-2005, 12:41 PM

That site is REAALLY weird. They ban you for just about everything. If you ask a question about a product that isn't on their supporting vendor list ....you are gone.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:44 PM

Theyre pansies over there. God forbid should you try talking about a product that you think is good without paying them first!!! That and all they do is cry when someone says something they dont like hearing, even if it is true
Old 11-07-2005, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by GTPsRule
Theyre pansies over there. God forbid should you try talking about a product that you think is good without paying them first!!! That and all they do is cry when someone says something they dont like hearing, even if it is true
yup...seems like that site is for makin you feel stupid if you ask a question. They will only cry about it rather than answering it for you. Also, seems like there are hardly any good topics over there compared to cobaltss.net. I was banned for asking the difference from the scdyne header and TOG. Didn't think that question was bad at all. They said that I looked like a vendor trying to look for some free advertisement. This site is soooo much better/educational. ne:
Old 11-07-2005, 12:54 PM

Was that you that questioned the header design? The guy that said hes been making headers for years? I remember that whole argument and it was real pathetic Fuggin babies, wa wa wa!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 01:29 PM
p7x

Originally Posted by BlAckOnBLaCK
That site is REAALLY weird. They ban you for just about everything. If you ask a question about a product that isn't on their supporting vendor list ....you are gone.
I have to say the site is a lil odd but i got away with this quote and didn't get the boot.

"And as for you, move the f**k on, Bit@h!!" (without the symbols)

CobaltSS.net ROCKS!!!

Quick Reply: Twin Charged! ! !