2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

ZZP Did What?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any one know the troque specs for the cam arms please?
Old 04-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
looking at the sticky section or the search button works

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l...atings-193753/
Old 04-10-2011, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by newt
LOL I could go threw and comment on every single post but I can't be bothered.

To many ZZP fan boys in here to bother trying to go agianst the grain.

Ps. ZZP I didn't contact you about a build because quite frankly I am quite capable to build my own motor/source my own parts....pretty basic stuff boys. Not to mention other than these rods there is nothing you guys sell that I would be interest in buying, I'm building an all-motor car, not a boost build.
cool story bro
Old 04-10-2011, 09:03 PM

Is this sleeve girdle for sale on your site?
Old 04-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 383_Stroker
i couldnt find it but may be missing it, i also want one
Old 04-10-2011, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Matt M
That's exactly what I mean. You consistently act like you don't need ZZP for anything, but then keep pointing out how we won't help you. On another note, why do you want to replace your rods if it's an NA build? And how could you possibly be worried about the rods we are selling? You are going to make literally less than 1/4 the power that Ryan's car put down. It seems that your question for us should have been, "How much do these rods weigh?" because that's the only reason I could see to change rods on an NA build.
I don't need your help your right, all I wanted to know is who made these rods, but you wouldn't say, so then I asked if they are from a reputable company...and I got attitude.

I never asked for you to help me, I just wanted an answer and cited the experience of people I know who ran your valve springs (which is where my concerns stem from).

Sorry about your thread, I'll just look elsewhere for rods when the time comes.

And if you must know I was planing switching the car over to a nitrous car next year and I don't think the stock rods are up to the job.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:32 PM

I'm am not a zzp fan boy either but they did a great job on this build and are bringing alot of products to the market for the ecotecs. Can you stop coming into threads to just cause problems? Thats all I ever see you do.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Banned

I don't need your help your right, all I wanted to know is who made these rods, but you wouldn't say, so then I asked if they are from a reputable company...and I got attitude.

I never asked for you to help me, I just wanted an answer and cited the experience of people I know who ran your valve springs (which is where my concerns stem from).

And if you must know I was planing switching the car over to a nitrous car next year and I don't think the stock rods are up to the job.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:41 PM

i know i have had concerns from zzp before but i am lookig into the lnf stuff they have now. after the post i seen matt and ryan post i feel better in my decision.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:54 PM

I understand you have concerns about some of their product. But you do realize that when you make posts concerning matters that are totally off subject of the thread topic makes you look like a troll, right? I'm just saying dude. There's an appropriate thread to discuss your problems with this company. This thread isn't it. And there isn't any thread, then either (a) make a thread; (b) PM them, or; (c) keep your comments to yourself. The first half of this thread was loaded was useful information; but now it might as well get locked cause it's just become a flame war, and needlessly at that.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by matt638
cool story bro
Old 04-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The reason questions like yours are so annoying is because they make a statement in the guise of a question. Why don't you ask who makes Manley's rods or Comp's rods or springs? You wouldn't because in your mind their brand is what makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. but they don't make those parts. They are made somewhere else by another company and they slap their brand on them. Almost all companies do this but you choose to single out ZZP and imply that we are somehow inferior to other companies and YOU know better than we do who is reliable and who is not.

If you go elswhere you also have to make a determination on the reliability and reputability of the company you buy from. Do you really think you are more qualified than we are to make that decision? Do you think you can choose a bunch of random parts from various companies and end up with a safer, stronger build than trusting ZZP to make all of those choices for you? no other companies are in this market doing what we're doing. so you can trust that we are more experience than you, know better than you and buy our parts. Or you can question our stuff, buy some of this and some of that and roll the dice. If that's the route you go I view it as unfounded arrogance because it portrays you think you're better than we are. The same could be said about us, however I think we have proven very clearly that we are better than you or anyone else who hasn't dedicated the time and efforts we have into part selection.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i will say this.. zzp comes off as pompous and arrogant but they have the results to back up that assholedness so as the saying goes .. "put up or shut up" and they put up so that only leaves one option for the haters.

they're one of the few vendors that does give a decent amount of info on their stuff.. and try to help out people.. **** they've helped my on questions i had about products i bought from other vendors

as far as who makes their rods.. **** eagle designs their rods then have them forged in china but since they're sold with the eagle name on it your ok ? would you be happier if the rods weren't called zzp rods but zzp designed rods?? seriously man your splitting hairs over ****.. if something works it works who the hell cares who made it
Old 04-11-2011, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Zooomer
The same could be said about us, however I think we have proven very clearly that we are better than you or anyone else who hasn't dedicated the time and efforts we have into part selection.
And this is the attitude that makes me hate ZZP oh so much. Seriously Zoom? Why you gotta be like this? I know Newt poked your ego, but my god man this statement makes me feel like a 13 year old pubescent high school boy is running ZZP. Its cool you're making the power and all, and its respectable, until you make statements like that.

BTW, God > you.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:05 PM

ZZP does have the "we're better than anyone else" kind of attitude and to be honest they are. who else has put in as much time and R&D as them? i'm not bashing any other companies out there that do stuff for the ecotec platforms because they've done some great stuff as well im just saying the cobalts wouldn't be where they are at today if it wasn't for ZZP. im in no way a ZZP nut swinger the only ZZP part i have are their valvesprings. they make quality stuff and it has been proven time and time again on the dyno and the track. Keep up the good work ZZP
Old 04-11-2011, 01:18 PM

Who cares who in the hell makes the ZZP rods (or any of there products), if ZZP stands by there products/warranty and backs them up with proven results, why should anyone care?

I have a feeling the guy wants to know ZZP's supplier so bad, so he can try to go straight the supplier and have them made for him, thus cutting ZZP out of the loop.

I'm not a ZZP fan boy by any means, I have there DP and MAF relocate (this week).

I actually think some of there stuff is priced high, but they offer stuff that is proven on the market that other vendors dont.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mkriebs
And this is the attitude that makes me hate ZZP oh so much. Seriously Zoom? Why you gotta be like this? I know Newt poked your ego, but my god man this statement makes me feel like a 13 year old pubescent high school boy is running ZZP. Its cool you're making the power and all, and its respectable, until you make statements like that.

BTW, God > you.
The statement is accurate however I didn't mean to imply that I or someone here is 'better' as a person. I meant better, in knowing the platform or choosing parts.

In terms of attitude, everybody hates somebody. We can't and won't ever be liked or loved by everyone. We could be super nice an give parts away for free. People would say our parts are junk, we're ruining the market and we're queers for being so nice. It's just life.
Our business isn't based on selling 'nice', our business is based on selling the best parts at the best prices and backing them up with great customer service. If you would rather buy a piece of junk in a box and have it served to you by a nice guy with a big smile, you'll have to shop elsewhere. If someone being nice makes you feel their parts are going to work better, I suggest reassessing your personal measures of quality. If you buy a part for more money or of lesser quality because you don't like the attitude of ZZP, I consider it an odd way of making choices for your vehicle. Some will but after a while people get sick of breaking or being slow and just buy what's best.

Last edited by Zooomer; 04-11-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:17 PM

well i will say. i am looking at the lnf engine and tranny. plus a turbo upgrade. Just would like to be able to actually order one this time. i know everyone is busy but i wanted to order and had to go to work so after 3 days i got what i have on the car now
Old 04-11-2011, 04:07 PM

The reason questions like yours are so annoying is because they make a statement in the guise of a question. Why don't you ask who makes Manley's rods or Comp's rods or springs? You wouldn't because in your mind their brand is what makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. but they don't make those parts. They are made somewhere else by another company and they slap their brand on them. Almost all companies do this but you choose to single out ZZP and imply that we are somehow inferior to other companies and YOU know better than we do who is reliable and who is not.

If you go elswhere you also have to make a determination on the reliability and reputability of the company you buy from. Do you really think you are more qualified than we are to make that decision? Do you think you can choose a bunch of random parts from various companies and end up with a safer, stronger build than trusting ZZP to make all of those choices for you? no other companies are in this market doing what we're doing. so you can trust that we are more experience than you, know better than you and buy our parts. Or you can question our stuff, buy some of this and some of that and roll the dice. If that's the route you go I view it as unfounded arrogance because it portrays you think you're better than we are. The same could be said about us, however I think we have proven very clearly that we are better than you or anyone else who hasn't dedicated the time and efforts we have into part selection.
Are you really trying to compare yourself agaisnt the like of Comp or Manley? You guys are a drop in the bucket compared to them. Yes I do trust them to build quality parts as they have been doing it for years and have a reputation for quality parts.

You keep saying they are ZZP specs, what specs? The stock GM bearing dimensions and length? You took a stock rod, spec'd it and sent it off to be made.....you didn't design **** all.

Your arrogance is absolutely hilarious, this is the stuff that bothers me. There have been many others building Ecotecs for alot longer than ZZP has and making more power (untill your 900whp pass) and running much quicker times. Yet you guys act like you are the only company in the world that knows how to modify a ecotec.

You are so full of yourself, this 900whp has gone to your head. Congrats you built a dyno queen, now take it to the track and watch your **** blow to the moon.

Anyone with half a brain can source out and select parts, send it to a machine shop and get a motor built......you act like it's ******* rocket science.

I'll build my motor myself thank you very much, it will be just as good as you guys could do and make more power.

This is my last post here (yes yes no one cares, I know, I could give a ****) all I wanted from day one was a simple anwser.... I guess that was too much to ask for.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:59 PM

back on topic................ when will the test resume?
Old 04-11-2011, 06:13 PM

....... a prospective customer would like to interrupt this dick measuring contest...

thanks..
Old 04-11-2011, 06:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
....... a prospective customer would like to interrupt this dick measuring contest...

thanks..
u probly wont get an answer for months just like when i asked if they were gonna ever build a built f23 tranny.....
Old 04-11-2011, 06:38 PM

All this hate and discontent is why I gave up on using this forum a year ago, came back on to look into zzp and thmotorsports reputations and guess what. All I can find is a bunch of people making posts that make as much sense as some of my 12 daughter's twitter comments. This is a tech forum not a person/company bashing site. Well, I thought that. Tell me about the parts you bought and how they worked for you, and if you had customer support issuses with the company said parts were bought from. Spare me and others all the attacks on someone's attitude and how they run their business or build their cars. All we need to talk about on here is what works and what doesn't.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Banned

The statement is accurate however I didn't mean to imply that I or someone here is 'better' as a person. I meant better, in knowing the platform or choosing parts.

In terms of attitude, everybody hates somebody. We can't and won't ever be liked or loved by everyone. We could be super nice an give parts away for free. People would say our parts are junk, we're runing the market and we're queers for being so nice. It's just life.
Our business isn't based on selling 'nice', our business is based on selling the best parts at the best prices and backing them up with great customer service. If you would rather buy a piece of junk in a box and have it served to you by a nice guy with a big smile, you'll have to shop elsewhere. If someone being nice makes you feel their parts are going to work better, I suggest reassessing your personal measures of quality. If you buy a part for more money or of lesser quality because you don't like the attitude of ZZP, I consider it an odd way of making choices for your vehicle. Some will but after a while people get sick of breaking or being slow and just buy what's best.
zooomer i wouldn't even address that guy's stupidity. the ******* rods are holding nearly 300bhp EACH it doesn't matter if a branch of tonka toys in thailand made them, they hold the power so nothing else matters
Old 04-11-2011, 07:11 PM

I'll build my motor myself thank you very much, it will be just as good as you guys could do and make more powe.
I highly dout you will ever build a motor that makes more power and will last longer then anything that ZZP has built..

Just sayin'

Quick Reply: ZZP Did What?