Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Are L.E.D's along the headlight bottoms stupid?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 04:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Instead of putting on LEDs that u are not sure u want why don't you use your time to put LEDs in the switches, radios, gauges etc of nearby Balts? Earn money and buy stuff for your car that you want.
Just because you have time and some leftover **** doesn't mean you have to put it on your car.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:51 PM

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by sLAsh
Instead of putting on LEDs that u are not sure u want why don't you use your time to put LEDs in the switches, radios, gauges etc of nearby Balts? Earn money and buy stuff for your car that you want.
Just because you have time and some leftover **** doesn't mean you have to put it on your car.
most people put the extra time, money, parts into their hobby. most of us here on this site, our hobby is car related. i dont see anything wrong with that.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MastaShaKe_88
what he said.. I had em for a lil... but eventually turned em off.. you COULD put em on the fogs.. like from the top left around the top to the bottom right... THAT would look hot as long as you dont cheap out with it
still think you should do this...
Old 12-19-2012, 07:57 PM

I seen some neat setups while browsing motorcycle projector retrofits on ebay. The best was one where they had the ledstriprrunning just above the cfl halo curved upward so as to look like an eyeball with a eyebrow giving it an angry look. i imagine if you built a light difuser out of round clear plastic window blind wand and heated it and bent it to whatever contour you wanted and layed that over the led's to make the light look like one solid thing instead of a bunch of led's it would look good and you could achieve any of the looks below. not sure if it would look as mean though on a cobalt since the headlights arent close together but should look nice. im a sort of out of the box person though. all the ideas never the time to bring them to life.

http://www.ktautopart.com/upload/201108/1314093302.jpg

http://eshop.ktautopart.com/media/ca...600rr-12_1.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORCYCLE-H...sories&vxp=mtr

Last edited by joezombies; 12-19-2012 at 08:16 PM. Reason: added links
Old 12-19-2012, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by joezombies
I seen some neat setups while browsing motorcycle projector retrofits on ebay. The best was one where they had the ledstriprrunning just above the cfl halo curved upward so as to look like an eyeball with a eyebrow giving it an angry look. i imagine if you built a light difuser out of round clear plastic window blind wand and heated it and bent it to whatever contour you wanted and layed that over the led's to make the light look like one solid thing instead of a bunch of led's it would look good and you could achieve any of the looks below. not sure if it would look as mean though on a cobalt since the headlights arent close together but should look nice. im a sort of out of the box person though. all the ideas never the time to bring them to life.

Those are cool, I guess.... but mostly because they're on a bike..

the second one's look hot, the other's look weird lol
Old 12-19-2012, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by MastaShaKe_88
Those are cool, I guess.... but mostly because they're on a bike..

the second one's look hot, the other's look weird lol
Actually the third if it had blue halos it would remind me of bumblebee's eyes from transformers.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:09 AM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by sLAsh
lol yeah literally all my stock stuff is L.E.D converted, switches, gauges, Hvac.. you name it.

I make decent money, I`ve been spending money elsewhere (trips with the Gf and such) so I didnt want to spend much on the car right now, I just had a ton of LEDS left and wondered what else (if anything ) could be done on the car with them.

I`m just not hard up to spend a lot on the car right now, know what I mean? I'm fully bolted, intake tune, lower, projectors... all that stuff.. and I'm not gonna boost it, so for now its just cheap mods

Last edited by StevoElSupremo; 12-21-2012 at 12:26 AM.