Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

V-LEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks pre-ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 03:08 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
oh the eyelid is vinyl...
Old 01-20-2013, 04:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
oh the eyelid is vinyl...
If you are talking about mine, they're a very heavy coat of plasti dip. Didn't want to go with the vinyl until I tried it . Dip is faster and easier: mask off and spray.. Was a temporary thing to see what it looks like but it stuck with me...
Old 01-20-2013, 04:48 AM

dang im just failing badly. lol i have VHT lids where these bulbs would be completely hidden by. before i spend the 100 which is no longer 100 anyway i have to see how they look behind the tint
Old 01-20-2013, 04:59 AM

That would be just asking for a ticket. Just go for a blacked out housing... And if you absolutely need to have your lens tinted where the turn signal is, try chrome blackout can from your local auto zone... Worked well for me on my tails a while back...

Or, if you have access to a spray gun, mix some clear with a tiny bit of black paint and smoke them that way or use tint film. Just don't use VHT on headlights.

I would just sand down the part that covers your turn signal.

Can you post a picture of your eyelids?
Old 01-20-2013, 05:29 AM

I've had them tinted for a while... bout 4 years. id sorta prefer the actual paint and clear method but ill look into that once i redo my lights again

Old 01-21-2013, 03:19 PM

Old 01-21-2013, 09:41 PM

^^^ Those eyelids aren't much lower than the ones I have on mine...
Old 01-24-2013, 09:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
finally got my car back. my old switchbacks look so ugly compaired to the v3's
havent hooked the v3's up yet because its just way toooo cold to even bother. and i have no access to a heated garage.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:23 PM

yeah winter blows for that, i tend to run into the same issue lol
hope it warms up soon for ya.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:44 AM

UPDATE: STill waiting for my 'replacments".
Last email a month ago had all the return shipping instruction followed at the top of the email with 'we will ship out asap'. weeks later i sent an email enquiring for an update.
No response givin.
One week later email sent again asking for a status update.
I am then told that they have no info for a shipping address in my 'vleds account' and that they had asked me to update the info bf they could send. I was pissed. So now its my fault that i dont have the replacments!!!????
I kindly pointed out that they never instructed an update and for clarification they can reread the email thread that is attatched to our emails back and forth. I also pointed out that all my info was there and correct as they shipped the product to that info, so if they made updates/changes to their system thus losing the info that it was their fault not mine.
I am appauled that they tried to blame me for their lack of responsibility in rectifying these issues.
Then to top it off he just sent the controllers when i was told i would get all new wiring (so everything but the bulbs) as the wiring and plugs were garbage and short on and off as the male and female do not connect snuggly.
N ot impressed to say the least
I bought these back in Nov. recieived early jan, sent emails out for replacements jan 15. UGH
Old 03-07-2013, 04:33 PM

still waiting for my replacments..............
Old 03-07-2013, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by victoryredturbalt
still waiting for my replacments..............
Still??? Damn. I call and yell or something. They're supposed to be shipping out replacements for me and the end of the month for their updated version. I usually get a response back via email within a day or two.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:44 AM

i think its intentional. I am less then impressed, and now ur saying they have the updated version, which i want over this crap lol more waiting for a feew more months mayb? lmao
Old 03-08-2013, 03:44 PM

damn bro that sucks hard core. hey at least ull get the updated version at the preorder price
Old 03-10-2013, 05:04 AM

They were supposed to send me a replacement part a while ago too... Never happened yet. I think their system is messed up... sucks.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:18 AM

i think theeir customer service sucks. I recived said package, only to find it incomplete. sigh
Love their lights but they suck for service.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:11 AM

E-mailed them again. It's Sunday... It's been almost 2 months...
Old 03-11-2013, 08:05 AM

i never opened my v3's/installed them
all i did was just open the box but all the harness's and all that are still sealed in the original packages.

should i email them and ask them to send me the newest batch of them since i heard people were having problems with the original and i didnt want to hook em up and than have to unhook everything?
Old 03-11-2013, 03:28 PM

good luck on that. u can do that but doubt that would fly
Old 03-22-2013, 10:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So can someone give some cliff notes on what the problems was with the originals, and what is suposed to be fixed on new versions? On their site it says the ETA: Mid March. I'd like to get them if they address some of the crappiness, IMO, in the original released V3s (No waterproof connection between the V3 harness base and factory bulb socket connection)
Old 03-23-2013, 11:28 AM

I highly recommend NOT getting.
The product is decent, but if u expect them to honor their ''lifetime warranty' u can expect, extreme delays, rudeness, blaming of the customer for their mistakes, and ultimitly flat refusal to assist.
I still have yet to receive the remaining replacements for the full package I purchased in Nov.2012, received items jan08. products were faulty(wiring and connectors were ebay garbage) bulbs were great .I was told they would resend asap and provided return instructions for the faulty products (involved opening replacements carefully and resending faulty items in that box then return to sender), waited a month for promised replacement items.
I sent email to vleds asking where the replacements were, no response, sent another email one week later only to be told nothing had been sent and then blamed me for 'not updating shipping info as requested' even tho the email thread between us shows they never had sent such a request. also why is it my fault they updated their accounts system thus deleting the info they ALREADY had for me? and other customers?
Then when I finally received replacement wiring in early march 2013 (almost three months since first emails outlining problems guess what? it was only half the replacements items that were required.
I sent an email, clearly upset and frustrated asking why they couldn't get this right and requested they send the items asap and I outlined specifically the missing items, only to be told that I should send all items back for a full refund as vleds and their products were clearly not a 'good fit'.......
I sent them a nasty email back and I have began the process of a BBB complaint (lifetime warranty????wow epic fail VLEDS). BTW they fit fine its their **** customer service and arrogant attitude and outright disrespect to their customers that's the problem (do a google search for customer service issues and poor customer service regarding vleds and you will find other customers outlining their issues they have had). Do they really think i'm going to send the items back for a refund when they cant even get sending out replacement items back properly? give me a break. BUYER B AWARE!

Last edited by victoryredturbalt; 03-23-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:35 AM

^^ send them another e-mail. I think they had a glitch with their website change over. Same thing happened to me, waited for weeks.. just e-mailed them again a week ago or so, received my tracking number next day and received my replacement controller the following week.

EDIT: as far as light output - there you are by far the BEST and BRIGHTEST bulbs on the market. Being first of their kind, I can live with the kinks.

EDIT #2, just read your whole post, all I can say is WOW, dude.. chill out. I've dealt with these guys for over 2 years now for multiple cars and if you treat them right - they treat you right. You want to be a dick - that's what you'll probably get. I think you should give them another chance, bro.

Last edited by serega12; 03-24-2013 at 01:42 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt08LS
i never opened my v3's/installed them
all i did was just open the box but all the harness's and all that are still sealed in the original packages.

should i email them and ask them to send me the newest batch of them since i heard people were having problems with the original and i didnt want to hook em up and than have to unhook everything?
Only a certain percentage of people had issues with them. There's a good chance yours will work. And if not - they do give you a chance to get it replaced with the whole new kit once it actually comes out. When that happens though - noone knows at this point.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:07 AM

3 good rules of thumb in life.

1 customers are beta testers. If you are the first to get a new product there's a much greater chance it will have some sort of bug/problem then if u purchase it later on.

2 take negative reviews with a grain of salt. Everyone with a problem will shout from the hills about it, very few with positive experience's will say anything because its the "expected behavior" however you dont want to ignore the neg reviews.

3 treat others like you want to be treated. nothing is promised especially on the internet. most people in the service industry arent millionaires so when you are making a purchase or warranty claim you will generally be dealing with someone making not very much money and their sole "job" is to give out someone else's money. When u get sent something out for free it costs company money. and warranty or not someone is making that decision on whether to help you or not. Being stern and expressing discontent is one thing but if you are an ******* then why would anyone do a damn thing for you?

Also think about it for a second but with an internet purchase what leverage do you actually have to do anything?
Old 03-24-2013, 03:49 PM

you can alsogo on their facebook page. add jake@vled's i have talked to him a bunch of times and he has responded

Quick Reply: V-LEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks pre-ordered!