General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

SS vs srt4--(srt4 lowercase) lol

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Window Licker

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BPacak
that didnt make much sense and just makes you look bad haha. srt4 guys arent even bad. yeah some are but theres a good amount of tools that drive cobalts.
I must know the wrong srt guys, I know 3 and they are all pretentious d-bags. One of them just tried to out run a cop and got clocked doing 140, bye bye car
Old 09-08-2011, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hydroturboss
SS- RPD
SRT-4 - NO!!!!

/thread
lmfao it would figure you would make that point.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:50 PM

i prefer the srt. and i had a very nice balt that i had a lot of money in. my car is right around 300 on stock turbo. theyre very well built, sturdy cars/ interrior is very cheap and rattles everywhere, but so did my balt. it really just depends on what your looking for.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So many stupid people on this site.

NSRT-4's are leaps and bounds above LSJ/LNF cobalts are far as drag racing goes.

Interior and such, their are both turds, just one is more polished then the other

Whoever said the cobalt sounds better then the NSRT-4 is on drugs, And needs to give me some of them.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by sjc0013
I must know the wrong srt guys, I know 3 and they are all pretentious d-bags. One of them just tried to out run a cop and got clocked doing 140, bye bye car
if i got clocked doing anything over 100 i probably would too

wouldnt be my first time.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Projekt
So many stupid people on this site.

NSRT-4's are leaps and bounds above LSJ/LNF cobalts are far as drag racing goes.

Interior and such, their are both turds, just one is more polished then the other

Whoever said the cobalt sounds better then the NSRT-4 is on drugs, And needs to give me some of them.
amen. My car sounds like **** with just a catless downpipe. it pops and crackles and all that good **** and then just when i thik it cant get any better, i hit the little button under the dash and open the cutout.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:49 PM

Yeah, Seriously though I Love my Balt SS s/c, But I'm really Considering Selling my Car and getting a SRT4, The reason why I havent done it yet is I cant stand how cheap thier Interiors look and No power windows in the Back?! That bothers me cause I prefer my vehicle Loaded(Yes, I know the Cobalt isnt much better, But it is Better), Like a couple of the other members said, In terms of Raw Power and MODDING Ability SRT4 Wins.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:14 PM

Once my SS is paid off in summer 2012, I will be racing it on the autoX and Time Attack. It will never see a Drag strip at all. I have nothing against it, it just not my thing.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:19 PM

There is no way in hell a cobalt sounds good as an srt-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOeuFuoYfCE

Gurgly as ****

Last edited by Phyrric; 09-08-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Phyrric

SRT-4 Neon, Stg 1+, Custom 3" Side Exit, 2 Step @ 4000rpm - YouTube

Gurgly as ****
Agreed my buddy has a red one and its sounds almost as good as my other buds LS1
Old 09-08-2011, 04:33 PM

My buddy has an SRT-4 and that thing will rape all day long he took me for a ride its awesome but id still have my cobalt
Old 09-08-2011, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Phyrric

SRT-4 Neon, Stg 1+, Custom 3" Side Exit, 2 Step @ 4000rpm - YouTube

Gurgly as ****
you think that sounds good? id get your ears checked
Old 09-08-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by penelopetheg6
Yes, amazing even, though it isn't my favorite car sound, its much better then most cobalts
Old 09-08-2011, 04:49 PM

if you think that sounds bad for a 4cylinder you need to get your brain checked
Old 09-08-2011, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by defo98
if you think that sounds bad for a 4cylinder you need to get your brain checked
im not comparing balts or the srt.. i just dont think that "gargle" noise is a nice sound. it def isnt ricer or pop can but i dont think thats pleasant
Old 09-08-2011, 04:53 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I seen this thread turning into a a a lnf/srt4 flame war

But to be objective the cobalt is a new car relatively speaking so it does alot of things better than the srt 4 stock for stock like some of yall mention above....now when it comes to modding its all preference. As long as you have the money you can have 500hp cobalt or neon. Just a matter how much you want to spend.

As far as NRST4 being better in a straight line..Ive seen cobalts dominate there

As far as Cobalts being better in in turns Ive seen couple NSrt4 tear willow up

Now with that being said those cars were modded. As long you have the time, funds and patience...anyone can get what they want , well within reason of course, out of both cars. Its Just preference

My exp vs neons is I messed with a couple stage 1 and pulled one stock and shut another 1 down with gsm1. So yeah i beat a couple but i know there are monster out there so I dont think im the ****.

I have met a couple of neon owner too and they were just regulars dudes like me who likes modding cars and pushing the envelope as much as they can and want. They were pretty cool actually. We are all enthusiast and have the same passion we just choose different platforms to go and mod on. Im cool with any car modder as long as they cool and not a dick...like BMW guys..they are douches...lol!!! ...oh and the corvette club out here....a bunch of old stuck up farts.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:02 PM

I guess you preffer a bunch of rasp?

Originally Posted by volsfan92
Agreed my buddy has a red one and its sounds almost as good as my other buds LS1
SRT-4 Stage 3 With Crower Cams - YouTube
Old 09-08-2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise

that sounds badass! but having it backed up that close to the garage is giving it a little extra too
Old 09-08-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise

no not at all.. rasp=bad. i said in my previous post that it didnt sound like a pop can. i just didnt like that sound, and i also should have mentioned sound clips do NO car justice what so ever. i like the deep rumble and maybe thats what that neon is doing but you cant tell from that clip. i didnt want to **** no one off.

that neon you posted here doesnt sound bad at all...

just not a fan of the neon, faster, better mods, w.e everyone is saying.. they are ugly, cobalts are sexy
Old 09-08-2011, 05:31 PM

i know ur comparing it to ss/tc, but i have an sc with a fair amount of the basic mods. zzp 3" intake, injectors, 2.9" pulley, header, downpipe, stock catback, HP Tuned and i'll pull on a stock ss/tc possibly a gm stage 1 depending on the driver, good drive would pull on me, bad i'd have a fighting chance, but every srt4 i've met with walked me. IMO srt4s sound is untouchable, but thats an oppinionated thing. speed is definately better for the srt4s. i do know from what i've read that srt4s trannys suck.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:42 PM

Srt4 put out really good numbers and there are s ton of turbo swaps for them. Give ss/tc a year or two more I bet there will be plenty off 500 hp cobalts. My main thing I like about srt4s is the conventional fuel system. I'm just hoping cobalts tuners can find a solution to this . ( yes I know zzp has a bandage)
Old 09-08-2011, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by N1ckateen
i know ur comparing it to ss/tc, but i have an sc with a fair amount of the basic mods. zzp 3" intake, injectors, 2.9" pulley, header, downpipe, stock catback, HP Tuned and i'll pull on a stock ss/tc possibly a gm stage 1 depending on the driver, good drive would pull on me, bad i'd have a fighting chance, but every srt4 i've met with walked me. IMO srt4s sound is untouchable, but thats an oppinionated thing. speed is definately better for the srt4s. i do know from what i've read that srt4s trannys suck.
Yeah, trans suck though there are so many companys that offer built trannys. It's not really the trans not being able to hold the power really just 3rd gear pop out.

Originally Posted by DirtyBalt09
Srt4 put out really good numbers and there are s ton of turbo swaps for them. Give ss/tc a year or two more I bet there will be plenty off 500 hp cobalts. My main thing I like about srt4s is the conventional fuel system. I'm just hoping cobalts tuners can find a solution to this . ( yes I know zzp has a bandage)
Maybe, though the SC has been out for 6 yrs already and they are still so limited on aftermarket. (7 if you include the IRL)

DD I would pick a TC sedan, Car to make fast I would pick a N SRT. Like everyone though thats just my opinion.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:02 PM

this is alot of BS to read thru. whats with all the ****** car wars? seriously? cobalt ss = cavalier, srt 4 = neon. get your heads out of your asses. im tired of seeing dumb ass threads like this. if you wanna compare the cobalt ss/tc to a srt4, compare it to a caliber srt 4. instead of fighting over what car you think is better, how about yal go out and start dominating on the haters of the cars.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:06 PM

no not at all.. rasp=bad. i said in my previous post that it didnt sound like a pop can. i just didnt like that sound, and i also should have mentioned sound clips do NO car justice what so ever. i like the deep rumble and maybe thats what that neon is doing but you cant tell from that clip. i didnt want to **** no one off.

that neon you posted here doesnt sound bad at all...

just not a fan of the neon, faster, better mods, w.e everyone is saying.. they are ugly, cobalts are sexy
you make me LOL. get outta here with that BS lol. i own both cars (cobalt is a LS) and i wouldnt say the cobalt is "sexy". its decent looking, as well as my NSRT.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:10 PM

neon's are fugly. dont matter if its srt or not...

cobalt SS's are sexy. its in opinion. get over it.

Quick Reply: SS vs srt4--(srt4 lowercase) lol