Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

A/C fan stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C fan stopped working

So about a month or so ago my ac fan would stop blowing intermittently and I found out it would start when I fucked with the wires going into the fan. Well now I can't get it to blow at all. Could this be a short that caused a fuse to blow? And which fuse would it be
Old 06-28-2019, 08:23 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
Originally Posted by Fakebelieve
So about a month or so ago my ac fan would stop blowing intermittently and I found out it would start when I fucked with the wires going into the fan. Well now I can't get it to blow at all. Could this be a short that caused a fuse to blow? And which fuse would it be
It could be a short or it could be that whatever symptom you were temporarily alleviating, by wiggling the wires, completely lost connection. As wiggling the wires to make the fan work is indication of bad connection or wire. I would guess you probably don't have a short but a broken wire or loose connection. When your connection is poor it will build excessive heat and could have finally burned through. Your fuse is in the fuse box under the hood. On the back side of the fuse cover is a diagram which will help you easily locate the correct fuse. That said, even if you did blow a fuse you need to inspect and fix your wire or and/or connection before even worrying about the fuse. Pull the connector and look at the pins on the fan body side to see if any are loose or corroded. Inspect the wire pigtail and check for any flimsy spots in the wire. Wires can be broken with the insulation still intact. If you still haven't found the cause I would disassemble the harness connector at least partially to verify the wires are properly crimped into the terminals and there isn't excessive corrosion there either. If it is the connector you can purchase a new pigtail connector that comes with about 10"-12" of wire and crimp connectors that you can either solder or crimp into place. The provided crimp fittings are they type that will shrink and seal around the wire when you apply heat after they have been crimped.