Site Development and Help Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help
View Poll Results: Should the War Stories Section be Removed?
Yes
33.63%
No
66.37%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: War Stories Section Removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jsscriado
Street racing is awesome. Nuff said.
And people like you are the ones I scrape off the road in the middle of the night. Nuff Said!
Old 10-13-2010, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rissa
I voted to keep it, I like the entertainment value, even though I've never made a thread in that section.
It attracts a lot of trolls and people just use the section to discredit the ops ... I find it a very interesting part of the forum and is one of my favorite sections . I love seeing new Videos and stuff it keeps the site entertaining and I always learn new things.

The part I don't like.

I think some of the people who are on this site are just here to discredit the ops in that section , I won't give names but you all know who they are .. Particularly the Mustang crowd that for some reason needs to put every one in a cobalt who beats a Stang down etc...
Old 10-13-2010, 03:16 PM

Its a sub culture of the whole car scene. To ignore it would be kinda lame. Its illegal but so is a lot of crap I have seen/read on this site. Is this site here to entertain or to be a moral compass? If you do it, enjoy. Try not to kill somebody. If you don't do it, good for you. Your mother must be proud.
Its not like people are not going to street race. Your just going to **** off more members and ban more people...only hurting your own site.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.N00bLaR

This is just one step towards fixing a broken car(cobaltss.net). I pray that the rest of the much needed fixes are not met with this kind of resistance.

And if you want examples ofwhats NOT going to help grow the stie, keep reading:

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/5293463-post11.html
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/5293465-post12.html
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/5293469-post14.html

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/5291162-post2.html
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/5291168-post5.html
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/5291233-post11.html

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/5291754-post25.html

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/5289994-post15.html

I can go on and on and on but I hope the point is sinking in. Will this completely fix the problems I talked about? No...no...but its a start.

You get some people who just want to interact and make jokes and laugh at everything , and then you get people like myself who dig through these useless idiotic posts like you just put up and I just can't stand it sometimes its funny other times Its frustrating.. Good post , I'll admit sometimes its fun to jump on the band wagon but theres a time and place for that , in the OFF-Topic section.

It seems a premium membership just gives people the idea they can say and post whatever they want without consequences.

You have to understand a lot of people have been banned in the past who are coming back with revenge making this place a troll fest. Not only that but its the demographic of Cobalt SS owners that makes it even worse .....
Old 10-13-2010, 03:46 PM

Since the moderators have the responsibility of controlling the content of the site and being representative of CSS.net, the War Stories section should be removed. It is great that a poll was set up and opinions asked. For all of the reasons each of you stated and your responsibilities to the community you must do what you collectively deem moral and correct.
For us members who don't necessarily agree it is not something that will cause physical or emotional harm. YOU NEED TO SIMPLY TAKE THE WAR STORIES SECTION DOWN and be done with it. Make the executive decision.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by shadowfaxss
Since the moderators have the responsibility of controlling the content of the site and being representative of CSS.net, the War Stories section should be removed. It is great that a poll was set up and opinions asked. For all of the reasons each of you stated and your responsibilities to the community you must do what you collectively deem moral and correct.
For us members who don't necessarily agree it is not something that will cause physical or emotional harm. YOU NEED TO SIMPLY TAKE THE WAR STORIES SECTION DOWN and be done with it. Make the executive decision.
although it is up to us on what goes and stays here it is always nice to see what the community thinks about changes regarding the site. admin/mods have a similar thread in our section on ways to make both sides happy. we do enjoy reading input from both sides of the fence.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:35 PM

if a yes vote wins, maybe you could just rename the section to "track encounters"
Old 10-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by exiged
if a yes vote wins, maybe you could just rename the section to "track encounters"
we do have a section for drag racing and auto-x already.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:26 PM

I'll add to the "if you don't like it, don't read it" bandwagon. That's the simplest answer and the most effective one imo.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by coopercharge
And people like you are the ones I scrape off the road in the middle of the night. Nuff Said!
and that's why you have a job. why trip?
Old 10-13-2010, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by DC52NV
we do have a section for drag racing and auto-x already.
I as previously suggested..
If you want to *tone down* the name of the thread>>>>

*Street Stories*. *Encounters* implies racing.
Personally, I don't want any changes at all, but if you're gonna do it then do it *all the way*.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:44 PM

although it is up to us on what goes and stays here it is always nice to see what the community thinks about changes regarding the site. admin/mods have a similar thread in our section on ways to make both sides happy. we do enjoy reading input from both sides of the fence.
And I stated that fact.....you have enlisted the comments of others. However, you folks are empowered to make the call as you see necessary.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:16 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by shadowfaxss
And I stated that fact.....you have enlisted the comments of others. However, you folks are empowered to make the call as you see necessary.
i was just stating that so others are in the loop. we hope to get things resolved soon and meet somewhere in the middle.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:40 PM

i was just stating that so others are in the loop. we hope to get things resolved soon and meet somewhere in the middle.
Gotcha........
Old 10-13-2010, 09:12 PM

I bet all who voted to further censor the site and shut the "war stories" section down voted for Obama.

..yup.... i just went there... *runs*

On a more serious note... I think street racing is extremely stupid and dangerous. Do I think we should eliminate a section of the forum because its stupid and dangerous? No. I think those that say it casts a bad light on the forum are for sure in the minority. I fully agree that street racing is part of the Aftermarket culture, and will be around as long as there are passenger vehicles on the roads. If the Admins and Mods are concerned about legal ramifications of having a "War Stories" section, that is a COMPLETELY different story. I wouldn't put my ass on the line for a second for anyone on this site just to be able to post up who they beat on the highway last night.

Bottom line: let the kids play.. they're gonna do it anyway.. might as well keep quarantined it in its own section.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:21 PM

i have street raced legally before... /win

but yea, im also going to go with the "if you dont like it dont read it" deal. street racing can kill, yes. its dumb sometimes... yes. but honestly, street racing doesnt cause nearly the most traffic fatalities.. so why get so worked up on it?

anything can cause you to get into a serious accident on the road, not just street racing. messing with your ipod while driving... looking at something for a little too long on the side... lighting a cigarette, eating food, drinking, roadhead, picking something up off the floor that you dropped while driving... all kinds of things that can get you into a serious car accident. yes.. the diffrence is mainly street racing is illegal, ill give u guys that, but thats not a really good reson to ban the war stories section.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i voted no. doesnt matter if you condone it or not its going to happen because children are stupid. if you call it track stories theyll just continue posting in there as is. doesnt matter what you call it the street racing stories are going to go in there. or theyll just post it somewhere else. let the ******** in the gvmt decide what content should be viewable. speeding is illegal too but we all do it. doesnt matter if its 20mph in a 15mph school zone or 90 in a 70. use the same rule as you should use for everything else. if you dont like it dont read it or go into that particular forum. would be like me bitching about meth heads and fat racist ****** and going to a harley convention and complaining to mgmt about the people there.

and ricer youre right. he would love to censor the internet and control the flow of information.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:24 AM

That's the dilema..there is >>>
NO MIDDLE GROUND ...you either ban the discussion of street racing/display of speed or you allow it.
Here's another idea. I have been suggesting the DE-emphasis of the thread's title which suggests condoning street racing ("War Stories"). I earlier suggested *Street Stories*..which doesn't point to racing per se. Might want to take it a step further removed by using something like * On the Highways* ..*On the Road*. That way, the forum isn't explicitly making a *home* for outright street racing. It opens the door without sanctioning street racing.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:50 AM

[QUOTE=Ricer;5296303]I bet all who voted to further censor the site and shut the "war stories" section down voted for Obama.

I got a pretty good laugh when I read that!
Old 10-14-2010, 01:36 AM

The War Stories forum is a great concept actually. Street racing isn't the issue. I used to love to read Jackalope's crazy stories, for example. The real problem with this site and car forums in general is the majority demographic they appeal to, especially with an entry-level car that is getting cheaper and cheaper for kids to own.

Given the age group and type of people this car appeals to, I can understand why the moderation staff would want to get rid of it. If babysitting the war stories forum is too much work I'd probably want it gone too..
Old 10-14-2010, 02:26 AM

If war stories were deleted and we were not allowed to talk about street racing on this forum I would never come back to this site or post again....

Nuff said
Old 10-14-2010, 02:37 AM

i second thst
Old 10-14-2010, 02:39 AM

I think the results of the poll are very important. The members here are the ones that keep the community growing, we attract the sponsors that support the site financially and the premium members also contribute to this. I don't feel as though the mods should remove this section unless that is the result of the vote by the members.

For the people that do not like the War Stories section, just simply ignore it. It's as simple as that.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:52 AM

Getting rid of the section is not going to have an affect on people racing on the streets. I think getting rid of the section is pointless. Racing on the streets is not safe, but css.net can not regulate this by omitting the war stories section.(or whatever name it will be if it remains)
Old 10-14-2010, 10:54 AM

Point Blank;

Many other forums have gotten rid of this section, because of flack they have caught from authorities, parents or relatives of those who died in street racing, & etc. Any one can be sued for any thing now-a-days, and unfortunately when you are a business and you openly discuss illegaal activities, it pretty means you are condoning it, even if you have a disclaimer.

Point of the matter is not just safety, is not just the intelligence factor behind it, but the fact that it is a criminal offense. It doesn't matter who dictates the law, who wrote the law, or how stupid the law is.

The law is the law, and we are citizens. We abide by the law. Plain and simple.

The section can remain, but I think it reflects negatively upon CSS.net in accordance with many outside sources.

Quick Reply: POLL: War Stories Section Removal