Site Development and Help Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help
View Poll Results: remove war stories section.
Yes
30.92%
No
69.08%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Remove War Stories Section?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by arkkornkid
can't vote:

there's not a category for "who gives a ...."
lol

i gave a whole post supporting keeping it, but even more people got butt hurt over it. I don't even post in there. I say keep it because I do enjoy a good street race from time to time myself and I enjoy reading them. But when it comes right down to it. I don't care and arkkornkid said it best.

if this is that big of an issue in your life that you needed to lobby for it's removal -- you need a life.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:03 PM

The internet is full of illegal ****.. in reality of things nobody cares about streetracing if the talk of streetracing is taken away, then nobody should be allowed to talk about installing cat-less downpipes, punching out a Catalytic converter, or deleting a Converter.. because the federal government create clean-air laws.. that would be breaking a federal law and reckless driving is breaking a state law.. Federal>State

Last edited by Chuck; 09-05-2008 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:53 AM
Fail Less.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this thread should be locked just like the banning politics thread.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jackalope
And yet you can be banned for a political thread but talk of illegal activity is perfectly fine.
incest???? where?!!?!?!?!
Old 09-05-2008, 01:35 AM

its called war stories... Not Street racing stories...
Old 09-05-2008, 01:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 07SSCharged248
its called war stories... Not Street racing stories...
War/street its in essence the same thing. Now if being technical about stuff is the name of the game. then fine Ill play.

I would also like to point out this little fact. Everyone seems to say that "street racing" is not reflecting well on the site.

WHO IS JUDGING THE SITE? Everyone who is here registered for a reason. No matter what it is, you are here because you want to be here. the war stories section has been here longer than you, so that CANT POSSIBLY be the reason for not liking the site. If someone decides they dont want to join this forum because we discuss racing, then I dont want them here, because all they will do is complain, like say. all of you are doing.

Last edited by Borderlin3; 09-05-2008 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-05-2008, 10:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
be careful what you wish for.
if all the people who dont like street racing left, it would be a very different forum....
Old 09-05-2008, 10:34 AM

remove politics? remove war stories? shut down threads for bullshit reasons? i don't like where this forum is going...
Old 09-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by an0malous
if all the people who dont like street racing left, it would be a very different forum....

Amen to that. Notice most of the people that voted yes are older , senior members.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:58 AM

qft!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:01 AM

get rid of it... i have been around here to see and hear about people dying... we dont need it here
Old 09-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sick06cobalt
get rid of it... i have been around here to see and hear about people dying... we dont need it here

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showt...ghlight=cvenom
Old 09-05-2008, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by camarokiller
Amen to that. Notice most of the people that voted yes are older , senior members.
And who would be left to answer the questions involving technical stuff if you lose those who have "been there and done that"? This place would turn to "do you think this aluminum wing looks best?" threads.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jackalope
And who would be left to answer the questions involving technical stuff if you lose those who have "been there and done that"? This place would turn to "do you think this aluminum wing looks best?" threads.

mmmmm aluminum
Old 09-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by camarokiller
mmmmm aluminum
as long as you use a low weight paint, you should be good with painting it red or yellow.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:42 PM

lmao low weight paint.
gonna have to remember that one.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_SSTuner
i say keep all the threads, is the fking internet for ***** sake! If you cant handle opinions don't join a forum.
agreeeeeeeed.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:33 PM

tough call i do enjoy reading some of these war stories but i really dont condone street racing, grant it we have all done it at one time including myself, eh keep them around unless its something that really crosses the line.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:38 PM

Same as if the war stories section was banned. This would be a very different forum....and not for the better....
Old 09-05-2008, 11:44 PM

There are enough nannies trolling around here, the grown ups can and will deal with the toolbags that post stupid crap about street racing... If anyone has a problem with it they can pull their panties up, be big girls and just avoid the conversation. There is a legitimate purpose for the section.

Originally Posted by cobaltR
Same as if the war stories section was banned. This would be a very different forum....and not for the better....
Yeah, like if they ever locked the Motivational thread... Wait, crap, never mind...

Last edited by BRN169; 09-05-2008 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-05-2008, 11:51 PM

yeah...basically... I'm not one to codone street racing...sure I do it every once in awhile....I'm sure 99% of the people on this forum has done it at least once. But if you dont like it...dont read it, thats what I do.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bika
this thread should be locked just like the banning politics thread.

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out where that is in the rules???

About as hokey as that whole emanations from penumbras argument if you ask me...

I guess your eyes are the first to go cause I'll be damned if I see it...

Forum Posting Rules
Our goal is to provide a friendly atmosphere for all. The rules and guidelines below are established to help us meet our goal. If you feel that certain remarks or links are inappropriate please use the Report to Moderator icon so that it can be evaluated. If you cannot follow these rules, do not use this website.
No flaming or trolling - Be respectful of other posters and please keep discussions tasteful. Do not make posts that incite arguments, or any post that turns to arguments and flame wars. Posts of this nature will not be tolerated and can result in the immediate closing, deletion, or editing of the post and the suspension of the posting member's account.

Conflicts – All conflicts should be resolved in private via PM, email, or IM. Do not drag your personal conflicts on the forums. Do not make prejudicial or hateful remarks, threats of physical or other harm, threats concerning personal data, or objectionable language.

Profanity - No excessive or continual use of profanity or vulgarities. Do not use profanity in the subject of your thread.

Signatures - should not be bigger than 500x100 and 100kb. Also, sigs should not exceed 7 lines if no picture is used. If a picture is used, please limit the text lines to 4. One "userbar" counts as one line. We don’t mean to be **** about sigs, but many users have slow internet connection and large signatures take a long time to load. If you have a big sig, and post multiple times in one thread, some members may not be able to load and read that page.

No Spamming - No spam in PM's, emails, or signatures. It's OK to have a link back to your personal webpage in your signature but any off-topic spam will be deleted. That includes "helping people" by advertising your site/forums to them or soliciting other members. While these forums are free for you to use they cost money to run.

No free advertisements - If you are the owner or employee of a company, don't mention it, or put links and phone numbers in posts or signatures. Only Supporting Vendors can use links and numbers in signatures and posts.
If you are developing a product, you may talk about it until you have it ready and/or you are taking orders for the product. At that point you must become a Supporting Vendor to be able to promote your products.

No Competing Sites - We have no issues with competition; however, it would be against our best interests, and therefore the best interests of our members, for us to allow such sites to build upon our popularity by promoting themselves on CobaltSS.net. Therefore, no competing site may attempt to gain traffic from CobaltSS.net in any way, including but not limited to, links in posts, signatures, profile information, PM's, emails, or IM's. No treads about starting competing sites.

Buying and Selling – Private party sellers may offer to sell individual items. No person, company, or business of any size shell attempt to sell merchandise, products, or services of any retail nature, or to make a profit of any kind. Anyone attempting to sell multiple quantities of items or in a retail/profit nature without being a Supporting Vendor of this site will be in violation of this site's rules and Terms of Use.

Buyer Beware - Buying, selling, and trading has inherent risks. All buying, selling, and trading on this forum is conducted at the member's own risk. CobaltSS.net bears no responsibility for any dealings undertaken among its members. We cannot guarantee the ability of any seller to complete any transaction, not guarantee the quality of any items sold by any seller. It is strongly recommended that you use C.O.D. or an online escrow service. Always use common sense and do research on the product and the seller before making any deal.

Posting in Classifieds - If you have no intention of buying what is being offered for sale, do not post. Posting to give someone a hard time because their price is too high, or to take the thread off topic, is not permitted. No "auction" style or "testing waters" threads allowed. See this for more info.

Donations - Posts asking for donations due to financial hardship or any other reason are not permitted under any circumstances.

Picture Size in Posts - If you are using the [img] tags, please make sure your pictures are not bigger then 640x480. If your pictures are larger then that, please resize them or if you can’t, just post a link. Many people are using dialup. Be respectful.

Please post in appropriate sections and stay on topic.

Tech Sections - The 2.0, 2.2, and 2.4 Tech sections of the forums are for anything relating to the performance aspect of these engines. Do not post anything that is not performance related in these three sections.

Do not bash our Supporting Vendors. They help us keep the site running!

Illegal software or content - Do not link illegal software or content. These will be deleted.

No nudes pictures - All posted or linked pics must be PG-13 or lower. Moderators have the right to judge what is not appropriate.

No double posting - Post to the correct forum! We will delete all double posts.

Multiple Accounts - Multiple user accounts for a single person are not allowed for any reason.

Quoting Images - Please do not quote pictures unless it is necessary.

Locked or Deleted Posts - When a post is locked or deleted, it is for a reason. Do not make another post in continuation of the locked or deleted posts or your account is subject to being suspended. Do not make a new post demanding explanation of why a post was locked or deleted. If you would like explanation of a closed or deleted post, respectfully e-mail the moderators.

Banned Users – When a user is banned, it is for a reason. Do not make posts asking why a member was banned. If you would like to know why someone was banned, respectfully e-mail the moderators. If you are banned for any period of time, do not register with another username to make a point. If you do, we will permanently deny you access to this website. Do not make “I’m back” posts after your ban is lifted. Doing so will result in another ban or permanent suspension of your account.

CobaltSS.net reserves the right to edit the site rules at any time, without notification.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by cobaltR
BAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA

thats funny.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:12 AM

BAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA

thats funny.
I'm glad your laughing.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:51 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BRN169
Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out where that is in the rules???

About as hokey as that whole emanations from penumbras argument if you ask me...

I guess your eyes are the first to go cause I'll be damned if I see it...
this thread was made so hopefully we could put it in the rules. of course it won't be in the rules....yet. why would we make a post trying to ban it if it there was a rule against it in the first place?

Quick Reply: Remove War Stories Section?