Site Development and Help Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help
View Poll Results: remove war stories section.
Yes
30.92%
No
69.08%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Remove War Stories Section?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude if u goin to ban war stories we mind as well banned talk of catless downpipes/different colored turn signals/window tint/ and all the other illegal things that are done to the balts

it is very illegal and dumb but hey ppl do it... i can understand if banning it would help the cause and have less ppl race illegally but it wont... so who cares
Old 09-03-2008, 11:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i vote ban

Ban war stories (street racing) cause it risk LIVES, the other stuff is illegal but honeslty doesnt endanger anyone, unless you completely black out tails and someone rear ends you , but thats a risk the owner would take
Old 09-03-2008, 11:49 AM

I said No, because just because you take it away, dosn't mean ppl are going to stop doing it.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:50 AM

wow lame
Old 09-03-2008, 12:23 PM

I vote no. lol
Old 09-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WICKED
will you please change your location. im offended
UH... no... im a ******* form icon ive been here 2x as long as you and frankly i dont give a dam if you dont like it...
Old 09-03-2008, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_SSTuner
so why should the non premium members have a say in this? its not like they support the site, and they are usually the one's bitching and being immature in the politics/abortion/emo i like cutting threads. They aren't allowed in the dungeon to see the ****, because you have to be 18, just like you have to be 18 to vote, so why is it such a problem if all the "controvercial (sp?) topics" stay in the dungeon.
I'm not a premium member anymore BECAUSE the site still thinks it's necessary to keep a section dedicated to street racing. This is honestly the first car forum I've EVER been on that allows it.

Originally Posted by Cobalt_SSTuner
and for those that voted to ban war stories, are you saying that you never created a "Guess what I ran into today" thread or "cruised hwy and beat a civic" or something like that. If thats the case, is that not in some way or form hyprocritical? (sp?)
No, I haven't. This is just like the drug thread agrument, everyone that does it and supports it wants to point the finger at those that don't do it and don't support it and try and convince us that really we have, we're just not aware that we have.

Originally Posted by Borderlin3
the ss is a SPORT car, every sports car forum has a race thread. everyone who owns a sport car knows that sport cars race from time to time.
*facepalm* Damn it, I gotta get on this and notify a lot of Vette forums they're missing the most important section!

Originally Posted by DC52NV
this is the only forum i visit out of 10 that has a "war stories" section. all the other ones matured phased it out as the site matured. i don't see that happening here. instead, i see this site breaking down the "war stories" section into makes and models.
I agree. Like I said before, I frequent quite a few car and performance sites and none of them allow street racing posts let alone have a section to encourage them.

Originally Posted by fballman1987
its all about image here, but yet we have at least 20 members signing up here every day, and on other forums i have not seen 1 thing bad about css. so i dont know what image we have, if the image of the forum was bad wouldnt people stop signing up? lol
I wish I hadn't set up Outlook to auto delete e-mails. I'm going on a search and retrieve mission. About 6 months ago, someone e-mailed me a link from TCL asking if I knew the "douchbag" they were talking about. The thread linked back to CSS.net to a post in the war stories section about a guy in Florida (for the older members this was the same guy that claimed his cousin's SS got stolen and driven in the lake, sat in the lake fully submerged for like 4 hours and the engine was still running perfectly when they pulled it out) and some of his street racing threads. The other was from a (of all things) Civic owner friend of mine telling me he saw a few videos of some jackass claiming to be from css.net street racing and acting like a total tool and what forum would allow someone like that to post **** on it. That one belonged to HackAbuse.

So no, it's not that positive. I've run into quite a few SS owners on my own around Pittsburgh who've seen the site, know of the site, but won't sign up because there's too much "garbage" on it. So no, it doesn't have the best reputation. If those "20 new members" a day are really all that great, shouldn't we see an improvement in the quality of posts? Every month it seems like the site creeps that much farther into the *******. I know I'm not NEARLY as active as I used to be. I just stick around for the occasional BS session in the lounge, a chat with some of my fellow auto-x/road racers to see how the season is going, and the local forum.

For the record, I think banning political talk was dumb. Realistically if there were a way to put drug and street racing topics in their own little private forum like the dungeon, then voila, most of the problem is solved but I'm sure there'd be quite a few premium members that would no longer support the site if "their" section started getting all the druggie/street racer posts.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Without it, you wouldn't have a specific spot to talk about your legal wins, like at the track. If people post illegal racing, that's their issue, not the sites.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Halfcent
Without it, you wouldn't have a specific spot to talk about your legal wins, like at the track. If people post illegal racing, that's their issue, not the sites.
So then why is there a drag racing section? I would think that would be the most appropriate and useful place to post up "legal" victories.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by alleycat58
So then why is there a drag racing section? I would think that would be the most appropriate and useful place to post up "legal" victories.
oooo snap
Old 09-03-2008, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Halfcent
Uhhhh, yes you would. Have a racing section dedicated to racing LEGALY.

See how easy that is?
Old 09-03-2008, 01:08 PM

I'm new, but I say leave it. Even though it IS illegal, You'll always have people doing it, and if you take out the war stories section, people will be posting their stories everywhere else. I say give them a place to put them, and then the people that don't care to hear about it know where to stay away from. I've been a moderator on a different website (everything2stroke.com) and the same sort of thing goes on over there, and measures were taken to stop that sort of thing. Its just not gonna happen. Mods and admin staff will be spending more time banning and reprimanding people than here having fun like we all should be doing. Give the people a place to show off....and exercise the right to view or not view at your own discretion
Old 09-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jackalope
Uhhhh, yes you would. Have a racing section dedicated to racing LEGALY.

See how easy that is?
no kidding and as a moderator halfpenny's words hold no bar considering he is never on the site anymore.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:15 PM

Hey I vote we have a drunk driving section to brag about how we go get fucked up and get away from the cops check stops and make it home in one piece without killing anyone.

Oh and then an illegel drug use section to talk about all the pot we've smoked and lines we've snorted and herion we've shot and how we're still alive to get stoned another day!

Hey how about a general "OUTLAW" section to brag about robbing banks, raping dogs, beating children, arson and all sorts of fun illegal activites!
Old 09-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Banned

Hey I vote we have a drunk driving section to brag about how we go get fucked up and get away from the cops check stops and make it home in one piece without killing anyone.

Oh and then an illegel drug use section to talk about all the pot we've smoked and lines we've snorted and herion we've shot and how we're still alive to get stoned another day!

Hey how about a general "OUTLAW" section to brag about robbing banks, raping dogs, beating children, arson and all sorts of fun illegal activites!
that sounds like a great idea
Old 09-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Banned

win.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by exiged
its "war stories" not "street racing stories". people just choose to post street racing stories there. maybe complain to your local moderator?
X2
Old 09-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nramlow2006
no kidding and as a moderator halfpenny's words hold no bar considering he is never on the site anymore.

good thing you got the in there, i was about lose it lol

Originally Posted by Chuck
Yes I realize that streetracing is illegal and when there are crashes sometimes people get hurt or die.. but You may not believe this but people crash and die or get injured at NHRA tracks all the time.. Alot of people say its illegal..thats true..but so is driving 57mph in a 55mhp zone or not coming to a complete stop and a "STOP" sign or turning without using a signal..or spinning a tire (illegal takeoff) when pulling out from a stop light.. no one here can say that they have never done any of these things.. I would say streetracing is someones choice, I dont recommend it or endorse streetracing, but if someone wants to talk about it on the internet its fine with me..

When I was younger and people would race fast cars (12 seconds or better) or motorcycles at night they would line up side by side on a 4 lane road and stop at a green light wait until the light turned red and went...These cars has 2.0 or better 60 foot times..so they were through the intersection before the the oncoming traffic would let off there brake to accelerate.. I never raced like that nore do i recommend it..lol

We dont care if you go to the track and get killed. That is a risk you take. "race/drive at you own risk" on every tracks rules i have ever been to.

We are trying to protect the innocent people street racing morons hurt and endanger.

Seriously. Take it to the track. Its that easy. The next time someone tries to race you at a stoplight be the bigger man and suggest meeting them at the track.

Last edited by camarokiller; 09-03-2008 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-03-2008, 02:05 PM

Posting these races does not kill people. The kid or adult who gets into their cars, drives like an idiot, and then kills him/her self's didn't die cause he read a blog. It's like saying Metal music made my kid commit suicide or Rap music made my kid kill somebody else. That person did it without thinking it thru and paid the ultimate price, their life.
People die all the time. Only way kids/adults learn that a stunt is bad (or anything really) is when a idiot kid does it and kills them selves, or sustains bad injuries, or just gets a ticket. The rest of the people around him learn that it was a bad thing and will not try it. (for some of you - learn from it and get better at it... AKA Crazy people). This goes on and on cause life repeats itself thru different generations. It can't be stopped.

So what I am saying is... for freedom of speech... They should be able to post, anybody should be able to criticize the post, and I like to read them.

Great topic!
Old 09-03-2008, 02:12 PM

^ No but it DOES encourage morons to go out and try the same thing in thier town.

And if YOU go to a track and get killed YOU chose to race so YOUR fault. What gives you the right to go out and street race and endanger others? Nothing.

Originally Posted by nramlow2006
that sounds like a great idea
Thanks! i vote we have an "OUTLAW" section as that encompases the most fun per section.

Last edited by Jackalope; 09-03-2008 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-03-2008, 02:16 PM

too many self-righteous people on this damn forum. I don't sugarcoat or pull punches. I'll flat out admit that I get off on fast cars and, more specifically, modded cars because I like the idea of beating a car that someone paid a shitload for with a car that someone paid much less. I liken it to the underdog coming out on top. That's why I mod, and that's why I street race, it's an immature pissing contest, but for the most part under friendly circumstances and therefore fun. And no matter if I win or lose I'll talk to the guy at the end. I like modding the car and when the opportunity presents itself I like testing it against a car that my mod should have put me even with. It's a quick way of test for the mod and the progress is a moment of pride. You can't run to the track everytime you get a mod done, it's not plausible. It's fun to see the progress your car has made. You can't tell me you've never taken your car out after a mod and gunned it a few times to see the difference or tested it's response. Guess what, genious, you just broke a law somewhere. Either the speed limit or the style of driving (fast acceleration can be fined). So get off your high horse and quit sweating the small stuff.

That said, you dont like it, don't read it. You wanna talk about promoting something that kills... something that is unproductive to society. I bet your the same people that smoke, and think abortion is ok, too. Hypocrites. You worry about stupid ****. You got your priorities out of order.

There's so much crap going on in the world. Not to mention we have more and more fanboi ricers coming on here and less pure enthusiast tuners -- and yet someone get's a bug up there ass and this is the topic that concerns them the most to take action on. Give me a break.

Quit your bitching, don't read the street racing stories. And the site doesn't promote it. Maybe you missed the disclaimer at the top that says to keep it at the track.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Banned

Okay.... Let's trade

Bring back politics
Take away street racing

That makes SENSE.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mss26
Okay.... Let's trade

Bring back politics
Take away street racing

That makes SENSE.
At least politics doesn't encourage morons to go street raceing. No one ever got anything other then butthurt over politics.

Street racers are selfish little children with a "my dick is bigger then yours" complex. Nothing quite like acting like a complete ass on a public road and bragging about it! WOO HOO go you!
Old 09-03-2008, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by roadrage06
too many self-righteous people on this damn forum. I don't sugarcoat or pull punches. I'll flat out admit that I get off on fast cars and, more specifically, modded cars because I like the idea of beating a car that someone paid a shitload for with a car that someone paid much less. I liken it to the underdog coming out on top. That's why I mod, and that's why I street race, it's an immature pissing contest, but for the most part under friendly circumstances and therefore fun. And no matter if I win or lose I'll talk to the guy at the end. I like modding the car and when the opportunity presents itself I like testing it against a car that my mod should have put me even with. It's a quick way of test for the mod and the progress is a moment of pride. You can't run to the track everytime you get a mod done, it's not plausible. It's fun to see the progress your car has made. You can't tell me you've never taken your car out after a mod and gunned it a few times to see the difference or tested it's response. Guess what, genious, you just broke a law somewhere. Either the speed limit or the style of driving (fast acceleration can be fined). So get off your high horse and quit sweating the small stuff.

That said, you dont like it, don't read it. You wanna talk about promoting something that kills... something that is unproductive to society. I bet your the same people that smoke, and think abortion is ok, too. Hypocrites. You worry about stupid ****. You got your priorities out of order.

There's so much crap going on in the world. Not to mention we have more and more fanboi ricers coming on here and less pure enthusiast tuners -- and yet someone get's a bug up there ass and this is the topic that concerns them the most to take action on. Give me a break.

Quit your bitching, don't read the street racing stories. And the site doesn't promote it. Maybe you missed the disclaimer at the top that says to keep it at the track.
Probably because of street racing...
Old 09-03-2008, 02:25 PM

Should be able to do both... in their own section.

She got my vote!!

Quick Reply: Remove War Stories Section?