Site Development and Help Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help
View Poll Results: remove war stories section.
Yes
30.92%
No
69.08%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Remove War Stories Section?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rissa
Probably because of street racing...
DING DING DING we have a winnnnaaaaaa! Now how many fanbois ricers would come in here and troll around if you guys didn't brag about beating them on the streets? Hmmmmmm, now lets think about that. Not too hard though wouldn't want you to strain anything.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man delete this thread and leave the site how it is
Old 09-03-2008, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bolo
Should be able to do both... in their own section.

She got my vote!!

photoshoppp?
Old 09-03-2008, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rissa
photoshoppp?
Gee ya think?
Old 09-03-2008, 02:32 PM

lol
it doesn't look half bad
except i've seen that face in other pictures hahahaha
Old 09-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by roadrage06
There's so much crap going on in the world. Not to mention we have more and more fanboi ricers coming on here and less pure enthusiast tuners -- and yet someone get's a bug up there ass and this is the topic that concerns them the most to take action on. Give me a break.

Quit your bitching, don't read the street racing stories. And the site doesn't promote it. Maybe you missed the disclaimer at the top that says to keep it at the track.
Isnt THIS the pot calling the kettle black.....

and what is this?

what do we have here?.....

it can NOT be!!!!

but it is!

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/poll...ts&pollid=2473

You voted "YES BAN THEM ALL" for politics... but then when it threatens your backyard you tell us not to read it? Move on and stop crying?

UNBELIEVABLE.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by rrutter81

and what is this?

it can NOT be!!!!

but it is!

You voted "YES BAN THEM ALL" for politics... but then when it threatens your backyard you tell us not to read it? Move on and stop crying?

UNBELIEVABLE.
Why is unbelievable for a child to act this way? Children do all sorts of crazy things that make no sence to the rest of us.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jackalope
Why is unbelievable for a child to act this way? Children do all sorts of crazy things that make no sence to the rest of us.
eh some adults dont follow principals either lol
Old 09-03-2008, 03:31 PM

i dont think it should be deleted, i mean were not encouraging anyone to street race, but if they do, theres nothing wrong with hearing about it.... just as long as it doesnt ecourages or tells them to race, its ok i think

oh and if someone doesnt like it,, well just dont visit that section

truth is that with or without "war stories" people are still gonna street race
Old 09-03-2008, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by camarokiller
How is me hitting a deer ironic? I wasnt racing him.
well if you were im pretty sure you lost!

but anyways i like the war stories and has already been discussed before actually
Old 09-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MufcDroog
i dont think it should be deleted, i mean were not encouraging anyone to street race, but if they do, theres nothing wrong with hearing about it.... just as long as it doesnt ecourages or tells them to race, its ok i think
Or....

Someone thinks,

"Wait til I tell CSS.NET about THIS street race. Ill be FAMOUS E-SUPERHERO-DRIVING-OMFGBBQWTF PWNZERS"

and hits some kid on a crosswalk. This holds more weight than politics and should be banned for "safety" reasons. I dunno if anyone has checked the age on this forum lately but its definitley not the 30-40 range as the mean.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:43 PM

^Yah maybe, like i said, if the opportunity appears most people will not back out of a race just because he has nowhere to write about it, even if we didnt have this section,, he/she might think "oh ill race and tell all my friends about it"... i dont streetrace myself... but the bottom line is those who do will do it reguardless if they have somewhere to speak about it... and if it does get deleted, they will probably just write about it in another section of the forum IMO
Old 09-03-2008, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by rrutter81

and what is this?

it can NOT be!!!!

but it is!

UNBELIEVABLE.
no, it's not. politics is unrelated to cobalts. street racing at least deals with cars. they are unrelated. you can read, but not for comprehension.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:57 PM

Are we turning into a bunch of pansies?? Even the older, mature group of RegalGS.org have a kills section. Big deal!
Old 09-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by roadrage06
no, it's not. politics is unrelated to cobalts. street racing at least deals with cars. they are unrelated. you can read, but not for comprehension.
"Quit your bitching, don't read the street racing stories."

So if i used that line on you with politics it would be ok? Thats your only defense.

Originally Posted by Mr_Slobalt
Are we turning into a bunch of pansies?? Even the older, mature group of RegalGS.org have a kills section. Big deal!
since people are gay enough to start censoring politics we might as well censor **** that kills people.

Last edited by rrutter81; 09-03-2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Jn2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
not all war races r on the street...r they???i knw i never post there, but i dont have any wars.lol
Old 09-03-2008, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise
Ok.... lets ban talk of catless downpipes and whatnot aswell.....eh
lol. i get you point. and its funny!
Old 09-03-2008, 09:30 PM

the poll speaks for its self.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:33 PM

Everybody got an opinion, so we have to respect that. But this is like smoking... is bad for you but people still do it anyway.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:33 PM

The section is staying if you dont like dont click on it
Old 09-03-2008, 10:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueSS-supercharged
the poll speaks for its self.
yup, it says theres even more childish idiots on this forum than we all thought.

I second a "drunk driving" section.

why not? theres over 150 people who voted in this thread who wouldnt have the right to say a damn word against it.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Site Founder

Where is the I don't know option?

While I regret creating that section when I started the site way back in 04, I am not going to jump the gun and kill it. It was never intended for street racing, nor do I support such activities. Anyone street racing is a fool and I hope the cops get them before they hurt anyone.

But about the section, note the description, I am pretty sure it’s directed towards track wins:
“Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.”

Most of the stories in the section in question is pure BS and we keep it open to members only for that reason. I am willing to consider changes to the section if someone can make a good argument keeping both sides in mind. I am also willing to assign a moderator just to that section providing someone has the good argument I just mentioned.

Now another small point. Youtube and Streetfire are full of street racing crap and they don’t remove it to my knowledge.

Keep this thread clean or it will end here
Old 09-03-2008, 11:43 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JonyyB
Where is the I don't know option?

While I regret creating that section when I started the site way back in 04, I am not going to jump the gun and kill it. It was never intended for street racing, not do I support such activities. Anyone street racing is a fool and I hope the cops get them before they hurt anyone.

But about the section, note the description, I am pretty sure it’s directed towards track wins:
“Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.”

Most of the stories in the section in question is pure BS and we keep it open to members only for that reason. I am willing to consider changes to the section if someone can make a good argument keeping both sides in mind. I am also willing to assign a moderator just to that section providing someone has the good argument I just mentioned.

Now another small point. Youtube and Streetfire are full of street racing crap and they don’t remove it to my knowledge.
if it was never your intent for members to post their deadly street races then why do you have a "drag racing" and "autocross" section? what type of racing is "war stories"? there is a very old thread in the admin/mod section where ryan and i volunteered to clean up any street racing threads if you ban it.

youtube and streetfire are not forums. they are vid hosting sites. even if they were, does it really matter? is that the type of site you want this place to be? i'm confused.

Last edited by DC52NV; 09-03-2008 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Site Founder

Originally Posted by DC52NV
if it was never your intent for members to post their deadly street races then why do you have a "drag racing" and "autocross" section? what type of racing is "war stories"? there is a very old thread in the admin/mod section where ryan and i volunteered to clean up any street racing threads if you ban it.

youtube and streetfire are not forums. they are vid hosting sites. even if they were, does it really matter? is that the type of site you want this place to be? i'm confused.
Why are you confused? I posted I am open to change ideas. Please don’t make this a conflict. If you have good change suggestions take some time to spell them out. I am not going to just clean it up when most members voted for the section to stay as it is.
Feel free to PM me
Night
Old 09-03-2008, 11:50 PM

night

Quick Reply: Remove War Stories Section?