Supporting Vendor Deals & Group Purchases For Supporting Vendors ONLY!

New Exhaust sale from Clear Image Automotive

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ClearImageAuto Dan
Thanks for your comments. As soon as we get the fixtures done we can schedule you in for an install. Keep in touch.

No problem. So... Did you like my reasoning? Agree, dis-agree?
Thanks for your interest.
To be honest I don't know enough about exhausts on the small displacement motors to agree or disagree. All my experience prior to buying my cobalt has been building large displacement and higher HP (500+ HP) SBC motors. LOL and those are easy. Headers (hardest decision because different designs give torque in different areas of the RPM range and you have to figure out what works best for the intended application) and 3" straight back to single chamber flowmaster race mufflers and some big chrome tips out the back to add a few points to the BLING factor
Old 07-02-2008, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tazmanian_Dvl
To be honest I don't know enough about exhausts on the small displacement motors to agree or disagree. All my experience prior to buying my cobalt has been building large displacement and higher HP (500+ HP) SBC motors. LOL and those are easy. Headers (hardest decision because different designs give torque in different areas of the RPM range and you have to figure out what works best for the intended application) and 3" straight back to single chamber flowmaster race mufflers and some big chrome tips out the back to add a few points to the BLING factor
Fair enough. We actually started with the 94 - 96 Impala SS. We build four different headers, offer four different exhaust systems as well as many other products for them. All depending on what the customer is planning to do with their engine. Our headers are on some of the fastest Impala's in the world. 9 seconds or less.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:14 PM

So how do we order once this is available, i am assuming by clicking around on your website that we will have to call in our order?
Old 07-02-2008, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by zx2assassin
So how do we order once this is available, i am assuming by clicking around on your website that we will have to call in our order?
We do not have shopping carts set-up. We still prefer to speak to each and every one of our customers. This alleviates the potential for mistakes and gives us the opportunity to get to know our customers a little while you get to learn a little about us. We do our best to provide customer service the way it should be done, not in person unfortunately, but the next best thing, on the phone. Give us a call at (425)251-0329 and share your automotive enthusiasm...

Thanks for your interest in our products.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:35 AM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by ClearImageAuto Dan
Thanks Joe. So should we sign you up?
Only if you are going to donate it to my cause. I'll run a sticker for you or something, and I'll be sure to tell everyone about you guys

I couldn't afford anything else right now for this car if I wanted to. I'm still trying to get parts together so i can tear it down an do the pistons. Hopefully the header will be here by then, it will save me a lot of work to install it on the head while its out of the car then put it all back in as one piece. I've had the stock manifold off, its not a fun install when its under the car.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:35 AM

Will you have a video up of the new exhaust? What series Magnaflow muffler are You guys using?
Old 07-03-2008, 01:46 AM

I'd be in two factors though:
1. Redline fit
2. Any way you could flange the two pieces (that'd be 3 flanges total) to make it a true bolt on (like the vibrant cat back)...I'd pay extra...just welding is not an option and I dislike the idea of exhaust clamps.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:58 AM

i am very interested......
Old 07-03-2008, 02:05 AM

Hmmmmm. I might have to stop in Dan cuz ill be getting my rebate money soon and i keep switching what i want to use it on....This may be a good choice lol especially since im going to be getting my other stuff on and tuned here soon.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:08 AM

Hey guys... thats my custom cat-back from clear image... sounds awesome... shortly after that vid I then had their header/dp installed, and it sounds amazing as a complete package.

I'll get that video posted up on youtube for those of you too lazy to install quick time. Its in Quicktime format because I made it in iMovie. I'll try to get it posted up there tomorrow.

Highly recommended // Good work Clear Image!!
Old 07-03-2008, 01:49 PM

Dan,

I just spoke with Beth a little while ago. I am going to be calling you guys back by Monday to decide what I wanna do. I was going to go with the slip on flange for now, but since you guys have the exhausts out soo soon I may just have you weld the 3" flange straight to it soo I can get a full system. If I decide to do a straight 3" to 3" downpipe, will it bolt right up to the 3" exhaust? I really want to get a system that doesn't need clamps or welding. Thanks for making some great new stuff! Please try and get a video of the 3" system up real soon on an LSJ.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:01 PM

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

On the connection points of the exhaust. We can do flanges like the Vibrant system but personally it's the worst possible connection. We have had a car here with that system and the flange connection was leaking. In fact, almost every car so far has had a leak at the 2-bolt flanges. 2-bolt flanges are the worst connection you can use. It's a shame the factory decided to use it. We'll see what we can do; maybe do a ball/socket flange if there is room or a double-slip fit, maybe a 3-bolt flanged slip fit...

As far as which series muffler, I've never had anyone refer to a series for Magnaflows. If you're interested in the part #'s, here you go:
resonator - 10436
muffler - 11266

Any questions I missed let me know.
Thanks again.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:21 PM

Dan, yes please see what you can do... I really want to get the full 3" system from you and I want a nice bolt up solution. I really want to get my downpipe fitted with whatever is necessary to get hooked one of the Clear Image exhausts.

Also any approximations on when the exhausts will be done? I would like to get my full header back system at the same time..?
Old 07-03-2008, 06:27 PM

Getting the 3in cat-back system installed on wednsday. Will post video of the sound difference.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:27 PM

How about V-Band clamps? Much better than flanges and easy to install.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:08 PM

We just built a 3" down-pipe with slip-fit 2 1/2" reduction for connection to stock exhaust now and up-grade to our, or another 3" exhaust later. We can start bending exhuast tubing as soon as the orders come in. For any customers wanting to get our exhaust with their header/DP, we will build the down-pipe and exhaust to match via a gasketless ball/socket connection. Just call your orders in and we can fine-tune the details.

V-band flanges are an option but they are very expensive compared to everything else. We can offer them as an option. I'll get prices Monday. Thanks for the suggestion. It will also make it easier for us to provide V-band flanges than 3-bolt or 2-bolt flat flanges.

Everyone please have a safe and fun 4th. Happy Independence Day!!!

Talk to you all Monday.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:16 PM

Yeah, V-bands are pricey, but they work and are gasketless and virtually leakproof when done correctly. I've had lots of experience with them in large marine apps, like 6" - 8" pipe, and they seal great.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:56 AM

Yes, V-band flanges offer a leak free, gasketless seal, are very easy to use as they are available with quick dis-connect band clamps and allow rotational adjustments in one direction. Flat 2-hole or 3-hole flanges tend to leak, require a gasket and do NOT allow for any adjustment. In fact, they must be lined-up pretty much perfect. Ball flanges are gasketless, seal great, allow for rotational adjustment in all directions are much less expensive than V-band but they require more room. If there's enough room to employ V-band or Ball/coekt we will.

I hope everyone had a fun & safe 4th.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok you have my interest.
thats a stunning deal guys.

but my car right now with zzp header/dp + gmpp catback, is already as loud as i want it to be.
is your 3 inch gonna bother me soundwise?
Old 07-07-2008, 02:35 PM

I'm definitely interested. I just bought their header/dp combo to hook this to. We really really really need a video of the 3" system to see how loud it is. A before and after dyno would also be extremely nice. Anyone want to guestimate how much power a catback will add to the car given that the header/dp netted like 15hp/10trq..? I am looking for a breakdown of power added for the header/dp plus the catback power for total power of a full exhaust. Yes, I know that power will further increase with various mods. I'm just looking for a ballpark figure...

Dan, any possibilities of getting a discount for buying a full exhaust off Clear Image (header/dp/catback). I know you had said something earlier about doing $50 off or something for the header/dp GP guys...

Last edited by csementuh; 07-07-2008 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-07-2008, 02:43 PM

Yea count me in on the interested list also.. i jumped on the strut bar GB and this one is even better. Dan if you have not hit the people limit add me to the list probably for the 2.5"
Old 07-07-2008, 02:49 PM

u should try and get a soundclip of the exhaust on a cobalt, and host it in photobucket so we can just view it!!

im interested to hear ur header, 3 inch catless d/p and 3 inch exhaust
Old 07-07-2008, 03:59 PM

If you are interested in ordering the exhaust please call: (425)251-0329.

I'm sorry but the forum names just don't work for me. I have too much going on to try and figure out whos, who. The first 3" install will be on a Redline with our header and DP. I'll do my best to get a sound file. We should be able to get before and after dyno on this.

Then we have a Cobalt coming in for the 3" exhaust install. Same deal, I'll try to get a sound file. We can probably get dyno numbers on this car too.

Thanks again.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:08 PM

I am assuming that if we called and gave our information that we will be contacted when this is available for actual order? Am I assuming correctly?
Old 07-07-2008, 07:13 PM

Call us

Originally Posted by zx2assassin
I am assuming that if we called and gave our information that we will be contacted when this is available for actual order? Am I assuming correctly?
You should be...but things have been nuts around here, there are not enough of us to go around. So my recommendation would be to play it safe and give us a ring or shoot me a PM with your full name (so I know who u r in the system).

Quick Reply: New Exhaust sale from Clear Image Automotive