Supporting Vendor Deals & Group Purchases For Supporting Vendors ONLY!

New Exhaust sale from Clear Image Automotive

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well they looked at the resonator today and it is way to big.... the one they put on my car still gives you clearance all the way around. The bigger one would probably bottom out before anything else would. Oh and Dan and Todd were talking about some kind of insert for the resonator.... i'm interested to see how it works.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:51 PM

Aero resonator is too big and would require us to start over with the design as it would force the exhaust to hang an inch lower and the hangers would need to change from where they are welded. Sorry guys, we have already completed the R&D and have no time or desire to start over again. As Dana mentioned, we will be testing an insert which should achieve the same thing a larger resonator would; quiet down the exhaust.

Also, a larger resonator would NOT increase volume inside the car. It would reduce it, and it would reduce the volume outside as well.

We'll get one of the inserts on order and let you all know how it works out.

Thanks again for your continued interest.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:29 AM

Aww man! I was looking forward to a nice easy solution of a different resonator to quiet this system down... Unfortunately nothing can be easy... Dan, what kind of insert are you talking about? Have a product name or anything? I would be interested in looking this up. Hopefully this will work out and do something for the exhaust. The insert sounds prospective, but will it hurt flow or power in the exhaust? Thanks and keep up the good work!

Am I the only person on here that wants a good flowing and performing 3" exhaust that is not obnoxiously loud? Or am I the only one..?

Last edited by csementuh; 07-18-2008 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-18-2008, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by csementuh
Aww man! I was looking forward to a nice easy solution of a different resonator to quiet this system down... Unfortunately nothing can be easy... Dan, what kind of insert are you talking about? Have a product name or anything? I would be interested in looking this up. Hopefully this will work out and do something for the exhaust. The insert sounds prospective, but will it hurt flow or power in the exhaust? Thanks and keep up the good work!

Am I the only person on here that wants a good flowing and performing 3" exhaust that is not obnoxiously loud? Or am I the only one..?
I am the same way, and they did a very good job at not making ricey, and it's not incredibly loud cruising untill you step on the gas pretty good.... but the supercharger is louder... lol. Hopefully they will want to test this on my car and see how it sounds. Also i've i heard right it will not affect the performance... it's design is to keep the gases in the resonator a little bit longer before leaving to help get rid of the noise. Hopefully that's enough untill Dan clarifies it.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:33 PM

The insert wont hurt performance. I don't have a product brand name yet. We will work on the source Monday. We have been working hard this week to get headers and down-pipes built and shipped.

Yes Dana,
we'll test the insert on your car.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:23 AM

Nice Piping and Exhaust Job.. Cool Low Deep Tone..!
Old 07-19-2008, 01:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im looking to buy around mid august once i move to my new house.
Pending sound clips with your insert, i will likely be buying your 2.5 system.

I would need a quote for shipping to T9G1J9 Alberta Canada,
and id like to know what company you ship with, hoping its USPS, as anyone else rapes canadians.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am also keeping an eye on this, looking at the 2.5 and also don't want it too loud.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
Im looking to buy around mid august once i move to my new house.
Pending sound clips with your insert, i will likely be buying your 2.5 system.

I would need a quote for shipping to T9G1J9 Alberta Canada,
and id like to know what company you ship with, hoping its USPS, as anyone else rapes canadians.
bump for a reply
Old 07-20-2008, 12:50 PM

Good work

dunno about this, my zzp header/dp combo with the megan catback sounds incredible, and adds maximum hp/trq. I dont think this even compares in my opinion, But its great to see a vendor puts so much time and dedication into his work ethics. Keep up the good work guys and you'll pull in the sales!
Old 07-20-2008, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by SuperSlow420
dunno about this, my zzp header/dp combo with the megan catback sounds incredible, and adds maximum hp/trq. I dont think this even compares in my opinion, But its great to see a vendor puts so much time and dedication into his work ethics. Keep up the good work guys and you'll pull in the sales!
got any clips of that?
Old 07-20-2008, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by SuperSlow420
Hahaha no offense, but your thinking is skewed... The Megan Racing exhaust is like a chinese knockoff... It's 2.5" soo it would most certainly not outflow a 3" system. Its made in China or something and has their no-name muffler, the Clear Image has nice Magnaflow stuff. The Megan is obnoxiously loud and makes your SS sounds like a Civic with a fartcan... The ZZP stuff is pretty good, but they have been having some problems in the past. They are a great vendor, I have bought from them in the past and I will buy from them in the future. The ZZP flex pipe isn't even welded, it's crimped in and there has been alot of problem with it breaking... The Clear Image stuff is fully designed and manuufactured by hand to our customer specifications by Americans who actually know what they're doing. Dan and Beth have been incredibly helpful in this entire thing. They have given me the best customer service I have ever gotten from an automotive vendor...

For you to say that this doesn't even compare in your opinion, it's just that, you opinion... Go dyno your setup and see how it compares... Soo if your gonna come into a thread and bash a companies product which is brand new, and you don't know anything about, and you have the cheapest setup possible on your car (next to pacesetter) then I doubt your opinion really matters that terrible much...
Old 07-23-2008, 09:21 AM

I was kinda thinking that maybe sorta possibly we could get this thread back on track!?

Bump for an awesome exhaust being developed! I already got my order in!
Old 07-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Premium Member

Is there any plans to make a direct bolt in replacement downpipe for the SS/SC . I'm looking for a catted downpipe that would hook to the stock manifold and a 2.5 exhaust. thanks.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:45 AM

Sorry for the delay. We have been busy trying to complete the header/DP group purchase.

I haven't had timeto get the insert, or get a shipping quote to Canada. Can't do that until we have a system built and packed in a box.

As for the direct bolt-in stock replacement down-pipe, that was one of the first products we developed for your cars. I just forgot about it and never marketed it. I'll try to get prices worked up. If you are seriously interested, we will do 15% off retail for you since you would be the first customer.

Thanks guys.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:00 AM

Thanks for the update Dan! I'll be looking forward to hearing how those inserts turn out. Do you have a ballpark estimate in price? Will that increase the price of the system? Hopefully once you guys are done with the header/dp madness you can start production. I believe I am one of the firsts to order the 3" system...
Old 07-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by ClearImageAuto Dan
Sorry for the delay. We have been busy trying to complete the header/DP group purchase.

I haven't had timeto get the insert, or get a shipping quote to Canada. Can't do that until we have a system built and packed in a box.

As for the direct bolt-in stock replacement down-pipe, that was one of the first products we developed for your cars. I just forgot about it and never marketed it. I'll try to get prices worked up. If you are seriously interested, we will do 15% off retail for you since you would be the first customer.

Thanks guys.

I'm interested for sure . Drop me a PM thanks .
Old 07-26-2008, 01:22 AM

Almost done with the header/DP group purchase. I will order inserts Monday. We are planning to begin production of the exhaust systems next week.

Thanks again.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im interested in the 2.5 setup but i need to know how much will be the shipping for 00736
thx
Old 07-27-2008, 07:16 PM

Estimated shipping is $45.00. Until we get a production kit boxed and get a weight and measurements, we can not give an exact shipping total.

Hopefully sometime at the end of the week.
Thanks.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:28 PM

well as soon as you have some in stock I will put in my order for the 3" system
Old 07-30-2008, 11:04 PM

We have been working with an associate to possibly release our own, "Clear Image Automotive" brand of mufflers and resonators. There are many customers who have expressed interest in longer resonators, quieter mufflers, etc. Thus far we have been using the Magnaflow brand of mufflers and resonators. However, we are limited on sizes.

If all goes well we will build our exhaust systems using our own mufflers built to our own specs.

Material will be 100% 304 stainless steel inside and out. Clear Image label laser etched on the muffler/resonator body and all inlet and outlet tubing will be TIG welded in-house. This will also allow us to offer a better configuration of the in and out. Something throughout the industry, which drive me crazy, is all mufflers being built have both the inlet and outlet expanded to allow tubing to slip INSIDE. I understand the reason; that being able to offer a universal muffler. However, exhaust flows in one direction and the outlet tube on the muffler should slip into the next tube, not the other way around. We plan to do exactly that to keep the exhaust path free of any restriction.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who has offered their opinion and suggestions for sound, design, etc. You all are the reason we have decided to move forward with our own muffler and resonator specifications.

Thanks everyone!
Old 07-30-2008, 11:06 PM

great news. congratulations on the new expansion of your business!

Im hoping this means i might finally find the 2.5 system that is QUIET that i really want
will be watching with interest, and will have money to spend mid august.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:40 PM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by ClearImageAuto Dan
We have been working with an associate to possibly release our own, "Clear Image Automotive" brand of mufflers and resonators. There are many customers who have expressed interest in longer resonators, quieter mufflers, etc. Thus far we have been using the Magnaflow brand of mufflers and resonators. However, we are limited on sizes.

If all goes well we will build our exhaust systems using our own mufflers built to our own specs.

Material will be 100% 304 stainless steel inside and out. Clear Image label laser etched on the muffler/resonator body and all inlet and outlet tubing will be TIG welded in-house. This will also allow us to offer a better configuration of the in and out. Something throughout the industry, which drive me crazy, is all mufflers being built have both the inlet and outlet expanded to allow tubing to slip INSIDE. I understand the reason; that being able to offer a universal muffler. However, exhaust flows in one direction and the outlet tube on the muffler should slip into the next tube, not the other way around. We plan to do exactly that to keep the exhaust path free of any restriction.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who has offered their opinion and suggestions for sound, design, etc. You all are the reason we have decided to move forward with our own muffler and resonator specifications.

Thanks everyone!
Very good point.

I may have to get an exhaust from you guys at some point.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:28 PM

Thanks guys. We really appreciate the support. we are excited to release our own brand of mufflers and resonators. They will be like everything else we produce, nothing but the best available. Stay tuned. (No pun intended).

Quick Reply: New Exhaust sale from Clear Image Automotive