Supporting Vendor Deals & Group Purchases For Supporting Vendors ONLY!

New Product @ TTR - Turbo Tech Racing STOP Transmission Mounts!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Zdeuce4
people are reachin hard.....

aaron. i saw u mentioned a 2.2 version. that includes 2.4s right? do u need the top mount if u get these?

No the top mount is not needed, it would be an upgrade 2.2L and 2.4L manual tranny should be the same, when we do it.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:42 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
bump to my 2nd long term question.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by northvibe
bump to my 2nd long term question.
I have had poly trans mount inserts on my ion redline for over 15k and still are perfect.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:44 AM

i dont know if this has been answered but...... vibes..... how are they? i had your engine mount and tranny inserts (a while ago) and the vibes were no bueno.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
You will have some vibs, but that is a BENIFIT of this mount. As it does not allow your engine to flop around, like the factory mounts do.
so having vibes is a benefit now? having the dash rattle like glassware in the cabinet during an earthquake isn't a benefit, it's annoyance.

where are the "testers"? i want them to answer the vibe question.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by ecotecturbo
I have had poly trans mount inserts on my ion redline for over 15k and still are perfect.
inserts are completely different. They still rely on the stock mount. This is a full poly mount so its going to react differently.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:58 AM

Vibes are going to happen on any mount that is stiffer than the stock (which you are used too). That is one of the side effects of any replacement mount on any car.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:00 AM

To you maybe, but many others who care about total performance would disagree.

Testers have posted in this thread already, please take some time to read this thread, so we dont have double posts...
i see their posts, they've not answered the vibe question....

i do care about "total performance" and i feel that it doesn't have to come at the cost of the interior of my car falling apart. these aren't race cars. 90% of the people on here drive theirs cars daily and this would only be annoying.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:02 AM

Wrong, bushings are made independent of the mount. They are bushings that are pre pressed in the aluminum housing...
Wrong, you are posting about something else. ecotecturbo posted he had poly INSERTS. those install INTO the stock mount, hence why he said they were on his redline. Those are completely different than your full replacement mounts.

You didnt read my last post so I will repost. This is a serious question that I would ask of any vendor.

"I am mainly concerned about long term. I mean like thousands of miles, 10k+? Because there have been prior mounts, ie. ms3, using poly that couldnt hold up long term. They held for the testing period though."

Originally Posted by rallycobalt06

i do care about "total performance" and i feel that it doesn't have to come at the cost of the interior of my car falling apart. these aren't race cars. 90% of the people on here drive theirs cars daily and this would only be annoying.
these are race cars. You are obviously not in their targeted market and these would not be for you at all. Either would any other replacement mount. You should be considering inserts at the most if your worst fear is vibes.

Last edited by northvibe; 10-30-2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor

That is your thoughts, each to their own. Many members want total performance, you choose not... Like we stated before, if you are actually interested in this product post, if not dont, and you are obviously not interested, and others are.

Wrong, you are posting about something else. ecotecturbo posted he had poly INSERTS. those install INTO the stock mount, hence why he said they were on his redline. Those are completely different than your full replacement mounts.

You didnt read my last post so I will repost. This is a serious question that I would ask of any vendor.

"I am mainly concerned about long term. I mean like thousands of miles, 10k+? Because there have been prior mounds, ie. ms3, using poly that couldnt hold up long term. They held for the testing period though."

these are race cars. You are obviously not in their targeted market and these would not be for you at all. Either would any other replacement mount. You should be considering inserts at the most if your worst fear is vibes.

Sorry about that...

We have tested enough to have out warranty stamp on the mount, any issues, we will take care of them

Last edited by TurboTechRacing; 10-30-2009 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-30-2009, 11:07 AM

i'm trying to gain knowledge of the product. i like to know things so that when the local people i know that don't spend a bunch of time online or on this forum can come to me with questions. i like to be able to provide correct information.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by G85 SS
Nice insult.

I said I was confused and needed a little clarification. Degrees of movement = rotation in my head.
because its like this outside of your head as well. as TTR says even a high school grad should know that. rewording something doesnt make it any different. i invented the intrasnet, not its not the internet, it does the same thing, looks and acts the same, but isnt.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:15 AM

I want to see these in person to judge the vibes. Poly mounts vibed a shitlaod, smaller bushing almost barely vibed. These are poly so IMO they would vibe a shitload too.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by fballman1987
because its like this outside of your head as well. as TTR says even a high school grad should know that. rewording something doesnt make it any different. i invented the intrasnet, not its not the internet, it does the same thing, looks and acts the same, but isnt.
LOL thanks!
Old 10-30-2009, 11:16 AM

Lets see if I can help...I'm far from a biased person, if you really knew who i was, you would know.

If your worried about the quality of these mounts, don't be. They are very high quality.

I have a habit of street racing, and beating on my car. These mounts have held up so far, and done an outstanding jobl. I had my doubts with it being a new product, but i was definately impressed, especially because i had the tester product. TTR could not have done a better job with these mounts.

Some vibrations are normal with solid mounts. If you do the lower mounts, but not the top mount, you may have more vibration that you would if you have both, because the main vibration is focused on the one mount. I honestly dont really notice the vibrations that much.

These mounts prevent the motor from shifting. They are that solid. You can as soon as you go to install them, you will be able to see that they will be doing their job.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:16 AM

We have tested enough to have out warranty stamp on the mount, any issues, we will take care of them
how long is the warranty?
Old 10-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by damien
I want to see these in person to judge the vibes. Poly mounts vibed a shitlaod, smaller bushing almost barely vibed. These are poly so IMO they would vibe a shitload too.
Again, we are not claiming "no vibs", rigid mounts are needed to firm up the drivetrain, true performance members will want them, and wont care about this side effect. If you are not intereted becuase they have poly, it is YOUR choice, dont post.

Originally Posted by cobaltguy889
Lets see if I can help...I'm far from a biased person, if you really knew who i was, you would know.

If your worried about the quality of these mounts, don't be. They are very high quality.

I have a habit of street racing, and beating on my car. These mounts have held up so far, and done an outstanding jobl. I had my doubts with it being a new product, but i was definately impressed, especially because i had the tester product. TTR could not have done a better job with these mounts.

Some vibrations are normal with solid mounts. If you do the lower mounts, but not the top mount, you may have more vibration that you would if you have both, because the main vibration is focused on the one mount. I honestly dont really notice the vibrations that much.

These mounts prevent the motor from shifting. They are that solid. You can as soon as you go to install them, you will be able to see that they will be doing their job.

Thanks for this post.

how long is the warranty?
standard warranty is 1 year, but as any "cavalier" member knows, if it is past this date, we will still take care of you No worries, that is why everyone knows TTR Customer Service is the BEST!

Last edited by TurboTechRacing; 10-30-2009 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-30-2009, 11:20 AM

Cool

Do these fit on a 2004 redline?
Old 10-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ION/GONE
Do these fit on a 2004 redline?
No sorry buddy!
Old 10-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 212 Likes on 171 Posts
TTR has been known well before the cobalt platform was released to have great customer service going above and beyond, and they will still hold that even after the cobalt is gone and the next model is released
Old 10-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Bannned

I am mainly concerned about long term. I mean like thousands of miles, 10k+? Because there have been prior mounds, ie. ms3, using poly that couldnt hold up long term. They held for the testing period though.
had mine for 20k miles... maybe a lil bit more. they looked brand new when i pulled them out
Old 10-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 212 Likes on 171 Posts
i know a friend in NY that has been running a TTR transmission mount for 6 years and it still is holding up / performing fine and that car has 120k on it, and 6 years of NY winters. what more testing do people want on TTR products?
Old 10-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Bannned

so having vibes is a benefit now? having the dash rattle like glassware in the cabinet during an earthquake isn't a benefit, it's annoyance.

where are the "testers"? i want them to answer the vibe question.
seriously? these are performance mods, like all mounts you will get vibes. and if you dont enjoy the feel of your car and what it is doing you are not truley a car guy. you drive a cobalt, not a cadillac.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:55 AM

vibrations are normal, buth there are nothing with questions
Old 10-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Bannned

but you still get vibes... and i love that feeling everytime i start my car... its awesome!

Quick Reply: New Product @ TTR - Turbo Tech Racing STOP Transmission Mounts!