Supporting Vendor Deals & Group Purchases For Supporting Vendors ONLY!

New Product @ TTR - Turbo Tech Racing STOP Transmission Mounts!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bl4des
have you guys compared these to the ottp mounts because i have the ott stage 2 mounts and i still get some wheel hop at the track. i kinda miss my ttr solid mounts except these dont vib as much
I dont see how you get wheel hop still because from what i've seen, tires simply roast with those mounts.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
Again, we are not claiming "no vibs", rigid mounts are needed to firm up the drivetrain, true performance members will want them, and wont care about this side effect. If you are not intereted becuase they have poly, it is YOUR choice, dont post.

I'm posting because i'm interested in the vibes. I had poly's, holy **** they sucked. Rode in a rotated mount car, very minimal vibes. If these "stop" mounts rotate and use poly I want to see how much it vibes. Can't see anything without having a set of my own though. I'll wait for a comparo from someone else.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:00 PM

Canada

Great question!

It is not done on a degree of rotation.

It was done by properly re loacting the X and Y axis, of the mounting points, to have alignment of the axle.

We do not use the term "rotate". Rotation "degrees" is irrelevant, with this being stated.
Hi,

Are the TTR mounts correcting a factory defect by re-aligning the axles?

What happens when 3rd party lowering springs are installed? Does the axle alignment get worse? If so, is the amount of re-alignment of the axles always the same for every different set of lowering springs? What about adjustable coil-overs where the height can be raised and lowered? Will that affect the axle alignment after every adjustment?

Thanks!
Old 10-30-2009, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
no one has actually compared them, they are either on a bandwagon already or they are open to new product, its sad
I'm not on a bandwagon. I had other solid mounts, i have pictures at home that compare them. I'm not a bandwagoneer. I tested this product to give an honest response. You want results with mounts that do their job, this is them.

I like ottp alot, and I think they are a great company and have great products, but TTR IMO, is just as good, if not better, because they work with hahn, and sell alot of hahn products.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by damien
I'm posting because i'm interested in the vibes. I had poly's, holy **** they sucked. Rode in a rotated mount car, very minimal vibes. If these "stop" mounts rotate and use poly I want to see how much it vibes. Can't see anything without having a set of my own though. I'll wait for a comparo from someone else.
I can honestly say that the vibes are minimal. I had a different set of poly inserts and they vibrated hella bad. These are like a whole different world. You feel some minimal vibration, and that really it. Scary part is, I dont have the ttr top engine mount, i wish i did, its just something I can't afford at the moment.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the only time i get wheel hop is at the track when it is not prepped well
Old 10-30-2009, 12:08 PM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by cobaltguy889
I can honestly say that the vibes are minimal. I had a different set of poly inserts and they vibrated hella bad. These are like a whole different world. You feel some minimal vibration, and that really it. Scary part is, I dont have the ttr top engine mount, i wish i did, its just something I can't afford at the moment.
Thanks for you input on this new product!
Old 10-30-2009, 12:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChevyRockstar
your either torqued wrong or they are not settled in.
everything is installed right and i have had them for a long time now everything is settled they just dont stop wheel hop 100% like my solid mounts did
Old 10-30-2009, 12:17 PM

Aaron.... do you know the correct torque specs for the mounts? same as factory?
Old 10-30-2009, 12:19 PM

This thread is about the mounts, how about you take your school girl drama somewhere else. (not intended to you^^^)
Fact is, these are awesome mounts, and they what they are intended to do, solid shifts, eliminates torque shift in the motor, and prevents wheel hop. Some vibrations, but very minimal. Thats what it comes down to.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rallycobalt06
Aaron.... do you know the correct torque specs for the mounts? same as factory?
Yes we use factory torque specs, as they use the factory bolts.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts
This thread is about the mounts, how about you take your school girl drama somewhere else.

Fact is, these are awesome mounts, and they what they are intended to do, solid shifts, eliminates torque shift in the motor, and prevents wheel hop. Some vibrations, but very minimal. Thats what it comes down to.
I agree 100%
Old 10-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Former Vendor

This thread is about the mounts, how about you take your school girl drama somewhere else.

Thanks, this is exactly what is post is about, informitve.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:23 PM

Yes we use factory torque specs, as they use the factory bolts.
gotcha, i didn't know if with the poly inserts or strategic design it'll require a tad bit more torque. factory bolts = factory torque specs
Old 10-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by steddy2112
So you think your upper mount has enough play to let the engine rotate enough for your trans mounts to work?
Already been tested so YES!
Old 10-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts
I wish I had the money, id be willing to get rid of my tranny mounts boughten from you guys for these new mounts, it would compliment my TTR engine mount nicely
Old 10-30-2009, 12:32 PM

you already said the 2.2 are being tested what about auto?s i want mounts but i don't want inserts. from what i heard rotated or shifted axle mounts? have less vibes right. so do you have any plans on auto stop mounts

Last edited by majourpain; 10-30-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Former Vendor

I've been running the TTR STOP mounts for about 4 months and ~10,000 miles of driving now. (I drive 100 miles a day at least). The install couldn't be any easier on this car, I believe they are using the guide I wrote up which is very detailed with plenty of high quality pics. If it takes you the 45 mins Aaron is quoting, I would be surprised! It's very straight forward!

On the install, since there are questions about the stock upper mount while using these, I am running ONLY the TTR STOP mounts, all others are stock. When you install the rear mount, which makes the alignment change, I only had to jack up the rear of the engine maybe .25-.5". There was no flex or stress to speak of on the other mount from doing this!

With all that being said, the car feels incredibly solid with these in place. Running my 25+ psi tune you could feel the car lug while things moved around and then pick up, now that feeling is gone. It instantly delivers the power to the ground with 0 wheel hop to date while using these. I track my car prolly every other Friday at a local dragstrip and these have held up QUITE well! I have high quality pics from the day of the install, I will go outside later today and take some current pics to compare the Poly for everyone. I just changed my oil again, I checked them out and they looked great still! I look forward to using these with some DR's next year!!

And finally onto the vibration aspect. Yes they are there. But they are very minimal and quite livable! Aaron is dead on with it being a MORE then fair trade for the performance! At VERY first they felt a little harsh to be totally honest. After talking with Aaron he suggested I give them a couple days, and within a couple days that did pass! The only time I notice any difference at this point is if I pull away from a traffic light lugging it in first or on cold startup for the first 30 secs. Otherwise you really notice no change in vibration! Highway at 75-80 is nice and smooth and even when you accelerate to climb a hill, its still has no vibe.

Ive had quite a few cars with poly inserts and this is NOTHING like that. Excellent work TTR! Don't forget me if you have more parts

Edit: Some pics

These are the install pics, so don't mind that they're not fully installed in the one pic lol. I can't find the other ones at the moment!
Old 10-30-2009, 12:53 PM

I agree with the above!
Old 10-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Former Vendor

Update! Installed pictures on page #5 (bottom)!

Originally Posted by BYT*SS*TURBO
I've been running the TTR STOP mounts for about 4 months and ~10,000 miles of driving now. (I drive 100 miles a day at least). The install couldn't be any easier on this car, I believe they are using the guide I wrote up which is very detailed with plenty of high quality pics. If it takes you the 45 mins Aaron is quoting, I would be surprised! It's very straight forward!

On the install, since there are questions about the stock upper mount while using these, I am running ONLY the TTR STOP mounts, all others are stock. When you install the rear mount, which makes the alignment change, I only had to jack up the rear of the engine maybe .25-.5". There was no flex or stress to speak of on the other mount from doing this!

With all that being said, the car feels incredibly solid with these in place. Running my 25+ psi tune you could feel the car lug while things moved around and then pick up, now that feeling is gone. It instantly delivers the power to the ground with 0 wheel hop to date while using these. I track my car prolly every other Friday at a local dragstrip and these have held up QUITE well! I have high quality pics from the day of the install, I will go outside later today and take some current pics to compare the Poly for everyone. I just changed my oil again, I checked them out and they looked great still! I look forward to using these with some DR's next year!!

And finally onto the vibration aspect. Yes they are there. But they are very minimal and quite livable! Aaron is dead on with it being a MORE then fair trade for the performance! At VERY first they felt a little harsh to be totally honest. After talking with Aaron he suggested I give them a couple days, and within a couple days that did pass! The only time I notice any difference at this point is if I pull away from a traffic light lugging it in first or on cold startup for the first 30 secs. Otherwise you really notice no change in vibration! Highway at 75-80 is nice and smooth and even when you accelerate to climb a hill, its still has no vibe.

Ive had quite a few cars with poly inserts and this is NOTHING like that. Excellent work TTR! Don't forget me if you have more parts

These are the install pics, so don't mind that they're not fully installed in the one pic lol. I can't find the other ones at the moment!
Thanks Nick!

Originally Posted by PainOfSalvation
Subscribed.

Possibly interested in these
Any questions, let us know

Last edited by TurboTechRacing; 10-30-2009 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-30-2009, 01:31 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Okay, I skimmed through a few pages of this nonsense.....I have some questions I want cleared up/answered as I didnt see the answer.

Who are the testers? I didnt recognize half the names, looked like most of them have only been here for a few months, so to help us out Can we get a list? what engine, what mods, etc?

Okay I get these dont "rotate" the engine, I get why,we all know this is nothing entirely new but I think both sides are being unecessarily douche-y about it. I just want it to be clarified (at least for me) that these mounts realign the axles by repositioning the powertrain along the longitudinal and vertical axis' of the car, correct?

Is the poly portion of the mount unique to this application or is it used somewhere else?is it the same diameter/durometer as the inserts?
Trying to get more answers as to vibes.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Maven
Okay, I skimmed through a few pages of this nonsense.....I have some questions I want cleared up/answered as I didnt see the answer.

Who are the testers? I didnt recognize half the names, looked like most of them have only been here for a few months, so to help us out Can we get a list? what engine, what mods, etc?

Okay I get these dont "rotate" the engine, I get why,we all know this is nothing entirely new but I think both sides are being unecessarily douche-y about it. I just want it to be clarified (at least for me) that these mounts realign the axles by repositioning the powertrain along the longitudinal and vertical axis' of the car, correct?

Is the poly portion of the mount unique to this application or is it used somewhere else?is it the same diameter/durometer as the inserts?
We would love to post all the testers, however, we have to let them come to this thread, on their own; confidentiality reasons (and if you were one, I am sure you would agree, as we just asked them to long term test these, not be our advertizing campain)

Yes the proportion was a tested amount, Nick stated in his coments back to us, he felt the poly portion ratio was very nicely done for this application. Durameter is around a 75 Shore A.

Last edited by TurboTechRacing; 10-30-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Maven

I've been here since 2006....i just had a different sn. I can tell you who i am via pm if you want.

2.0L lsj
s20g turbo converson
forged internals
If you want to know the little stuff i'll tell you.

All the work was done by me, and local friends to help with tear down.

You have rotate the trans, its very minimal, but it works very well!!! I cant say how impressed I am with these mounts.

Honestly, the hardest part of being a tester was waiting for TTR to release the the product so I could post about it. It is honestly worth every single penny. No doubt in my mind.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
We would love to post all the testers, however, we have to let them come to this thread, on their own; confidentiality reasons (and if you were one, I am sure you would agree, as we just asked them to long term test these, not be our advertizing campain)
Fair enough, but Id still like to hear from all the testers.

They do rotate the engine, however, that is not a factor, it is a result of shifting the front and rear tranny mounts in a X & Y plane from the factory location. I am sure you could find an imaginary point in space and state it rotates around this point, but who cares...
Youre right I dont care, I asked a specific question about realigning the axles and you again didnt answer it directly as you havent for everyone who asked.

Again, to be clear.... Do these realign the axles by moving the powertrain assembly in relation to the vertical(up/down) and longitudinal(front/back) axis of the vehicle?
Old 10-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice Aaron. I don't know if this was asked. But will these mounts be safe to run with the TTR engine mount? I know there was some debate with another companies mounts and your engine mount.

Nevermind I should have clicked the link first

Last edited by Black SS/SC 06; 10-30-2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: New Product @ TTR - Turbo Tech Racing STOP Transmission Mounts!