Supporting Vendor Deals & Group Purchases For Supporting Vendors ONLY!

New Product @ TTR - Turbo Tech Racing STOP Transmission Mounts!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Maven
Again, to be clear.... Do these realign the axles by moving the powertrain assembly in relation to the vertical(up/down) and longitudinal(front/back) axis of the vehicle?

Sorry Maven, I over looked this will all the post trying to respond to them…

OUR mount moves in BOTH directs, however the critical direction is alignment front to back, as you can control this. The up/down you cannot control, as you as a suspension guy, knows the A-arm does not stay in a static position, it also moves up and down and you can never achieve an alignment, in a drivable alignment in this aspect. Overall tire diameter would change the output alignment, as drive over bumps/cracks in the road, movement in the suspension will also move. Why did we move up/down? We needed it to pivot around our upper mount, along with keeping the distance from the front and back transmission mount the same distance apart, as the bolts would not fit up as they should.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Black SS/SC 06
Nice Aaron. I don't know if this was asked. But will these mounts be safe to run with the TTR engine mount? I know there was some debate with another companies mounts and your engine mount.

Nevermind I should have clicked the link first
Yup, it has been tested with and without our upper engine mount, either case our mounts work with it.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so when i ordered my engine mount i got trans mounts also....should i get these instead or is this something different? and does this replace the trans mounts?
Old 10-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ericgt79
so when i ordered my engine mount i got trans mounts also....should i get these instead or is this something different? and does this replace the trans mounts?
You may want to for max performance
Old 10-31-2009, 04:55 PM
Moderator Alumni
Platinum Member

As stated earlier.

Originally Posted by REIGN SS
Any non-constructive posts/questions from here on will result in a 3 day suspension...
If you don't think you can follow this simple rule you will be banned.

I will be watching to make sure this topic does not go off topic again.

Carry on.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
You may want to for max performance
Would you recommend using these with your upper mount or will it defeat the STOP mounts main purpose? I didn't know if a stock mount would be ok with these, or if these mounts would stress the stock motor mount. I still have the upper mount and the old inserts from you.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:08 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mr_Slobalt
Would you recommend using these with your upper mount or will it defeat the STOP mounts main purpose? I didn't know if a stock mount would be ok with these, or if these mounts would stress the stock motor mount. I still have the old inserts from you.
We have had it on cobalts both ways already...

Either way, you can run the stock upper and just the STOP mounts

OR

You can run the TTR upper and the STOP mounts, OUR mounts are designed to work with the TTR upper mount.

For max performance, if you can, get both.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:11 PM

love the limited engine movement (crisper shifts and no harsh drivetrain shock), but hate the vibs during the winter......most of all, I hate the tiny bit of wheelhop!

I need to think about this since I spent over $250 last year on all poly mounts from you. lol
Old 10-31-2009, 05:15 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mr_Slobalt
love the limited engine movement (crisper shifts and no harsh drivetrain shock), but hate the vibs during the winter......most of all, I hate the tiny bit of wheelhop!

I need to think about this since I spent over $250 last year on all poly mounts from you. lol
Any questions let us know.

A new order just came in, thanks! If you may, please post when you order
Old 11-01-2009, 07:23 AM

have a question...not sure what has happened but this should stay on the point of constructive thread.

what material is the mount made of? not the poly bushing but the mount itself. To me, it honestly looks identical to another mount that has been on the market for almost a year. What makes these mounts different other than the poly bushing?
Old 11-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SCBLKRL
have a question...not sure what has happened but this should stay on the point of constructive thread.

what material is the mount made of? not the poly bushing but the mount itself. To me, it honestly looks identical to another mount that has been on the market for almost a year. What makes these mounts different other than the poly bushing?
Aluminum, the most common material to make aftermarket mounts with. There is only 2 main choices, aluminum and steel. Who wants all that weight from steel?

ALL intakes look simillar also, oh and so do lowering springs, and struts... Lets move on.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:50 AM

bump for a good vendor and product.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Premium Member

We chose poly for one main reason, control of the movement. With the proper amount of bushing ratio, vibs can be minimized, by dampening the harmonic motions the engine produces. We tested these and the testers have found the ratio to be very approperate. These mounts are to be the complete package, including reducing engine movement, a contributor to wheel hop.

Hopefull spring time Takes months to desgin, test, and get ready for production.
I would test these just have the ploy inserts now. And with cams the Vibe are harsh
Old 11-01-2009, 11:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i want someone to compare these mounts to ott mounts. i still get wheel hop with mine and i dont what any hop but dont want the vibs of solid mounts because i have already had them
Old 11-01-2009, 04:24 PM

Aluminum, the most common material to make aftermarket mounts with. There is only 2 main choices, aluminum and steel. Who wants all that weight from steel?

ALL intakes look simillar also, oh and so do lowering springs, and struts... Lets move on.
yes they may look similar but please tell me what the difference is. On intakes there is something that makes them different then the next...same with springs (spring rates, drop, etc). Can't the same be said for mounts?
Old 11-01-2009, 05:31 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Are there pics of the mounts that have lasted "long term"? How many long term tests were there? I have only heard of 1 person stating they had them on for 10k+ miles.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by northvibe
Are there pics of the mounts that have lasted "long term"? How many long term tests were there? I have only heard of 1 person stating they had them on for 10k+ miles.

We have to let the testers show their photos. None of the test cobalts, had any showing of wear. They look just like new after 1,000's of miles. We have made mounts for many many years, this is nothing new for us. Durability has never been an issue.

Anything else let us know.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:26 AM

these appear to only be for the LSJ, not for the LNF... care to comment?
Old 11-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Nakaiya21
Why do you say that?

http://www.turbotechracing.com/produ...78&idcategory=

Fits:
2005-07 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC 2.0L, F35 Trans
2008-09 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC 2.0L, F35 Trans

These have been tested on the LNF and LSJ.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:36 AM

I have these installed and i have a ss/tc.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Bannned

hahah, he posted in the OTT thread that the mounts in the ss/sc dont fit the ss/tc... someone mechanically declined?
Old 11-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ColeJJones
hahah, he posted in the OTT thread that the mounts in the ss/sc dont fit the ss/tc... someone mechanically declined?
Lets keep to the point here, and not venture off

Bushing diameter between the stock castings are slighly different (SS/SC VS SS/TC), I am sure this is what he is refering to. However being these are 100% replacement from the factory mounts, this makes no difference, and is why they are for both applicaions.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:49 AM

Have had previous issues with TTR saying that something fit the LNF when it didn't.... (I will not elaborate in this thread however...)

Thus, it was a legitimate question on my part... I wanted to make sure that some with a tc actually tested these.....
Old 11-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Former Vendor

Have had previous issues with TTR saying that something fit the LNF when it didn't.... (I will not elaborate in this thread however...)

Thus, it was a legitimate question on my part... I wanted to make sure that some with a tc actually tested these.....
Sure not a problem, as ecotecturbo has confirmed for you.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by SCBLKRL
yes they may look similar but please tell me what the difference is. On intakes there is something that makes them different then the next...same with springs (spring rates, drop, etc). Can't the same be said for mounts?
so what is the difference in these mounts? They look similar and yes so don't springs and intakes, but there are many differences between those......so what is the difference in these mounts to the ones that are out there?

Quick Reply: New Product @ TTR - Turbo Tech Racing STOP Transmission Mounts!