War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

08 ss/tc vs rs w/sti swap and an 05 sti

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I definitely agree with the dig starts on FWD. Given it actually HIGHLY benefits the true better driver, but in reality racing from a roll is just who can shift quicker if the cars are closely matched so i really dont care much about it or if i lose from a roll. From a dig its obviously more important as to who can get the better start then 1st-2nd, many more variables to consider who will come out on top. Def not tryin to start any arguments or anything but for those who dont have a fat wallet, me, id rather race from a roll. Dont get me wrong FWD's can get a nice start if they are setup for racing from a dig (i.e drag racing; sticky slicks, high profile tires with low psi, big contact patch). **** my car is bone stock so i dont care much for racing at all in a strait line...but its awesome to burn GTI's and other cars that arent stock around the twisties with my stock Bolt.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06yellowburdSS
I definitely agree with the dig starts on FWD. Given it actually HIGHLY benefits the true better driver, but in reality racing from a roll is just who can shift quicker if the cars are closely matched so i really dont care much about it or if i lose from a roll. From a dig its obviously more important as to who can get the better start then 1st-2nd, many more variables to consider who will come out on top. Def not tryin to start any arguments or anything but for those who dont have a fat wallet, me, id rather race from a roll. Dont get me wrong FWD's can get a nice start if they are setup for racing from a dig (i.e drag racing; sticky slicks, high profile tires with low psi, big contact patch). **** my car is bone stock so i dont care much for racing at all in a strait line...but its awesome to burn GTI's and other cars that arent stock around the twisties with my stock Bolt.
well when I bought the cobalt my intentions werent to go launching at the track, i bought it for an all around fun car and good gas milage after switching from an suv, i like dicking around with mustangs and sti's on highways or even on the streets, but deff. not from dig tho, too much stress on drivetrain when you launch a car, like I said if you have an awd and its in ur favor then most likely you would want a dig race, im personally going for 370whp tops, everything after that is a fail, not putting on slicks everytime some jackass wants to run from a dig, if ur car is fast then a roll shouldnt be a problem.