War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

evo x vs ss/tc

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PrincessTurbo
epic post ,

1bad-
WRX vs EVO hmmmmmmmmm -for a tuner car 1bad buys a cheap ass csrt4 then brags bout his failure mistake and now claims he owns gods car,

A built STI would pwn your evos period < I would like to see an evo make a 200 FT JUMP on a sand dune and still be 100 % drivable afterwards , **** i would like to see an evo drive off after hitting a pothole ..

LSJ's have run 8s but I am not going to bother to research the tube to show how you praise a car you know nothing about yet ..

awd has more linkage and the brings more potential for failure and you can brag about after market all you want but I won't even go into the cost of building an 8 second evo that runs more then one pass without blowing axles and awd components or even sti's for that matter ..

the reason half the evo and sti owners are so frowned upon is because 90% of the work done on them are from established shops and not guys with a tool box in their garages a tuner car is something you can tune and modify yourself with smaller effort and smaller bank accounts .
Hey man im sposed to hit you up when i get to AZ. Terminator2 is gonna retune me for the AZ weather and 91 octane.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You guys want to see some ownage? Read pages 5-7 of this thread. http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...1#post30188671
Old 11-22-2009, 02:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha epic. dumb vtec owners.

they should leave the car talk to people who acctualy understand cars and figure out their resale value and discuss "how much more reliable" their cars are
Old 11-22-2009, 03:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Projekt
haha epic. dumb vtec owners.

they should leave the car talk to people who acctualy understand cars and figure out their resale value and discuss "how much more reliable" their cars are
I love how they know nothing about DI and how lean it runs compared to port injection. They think 14.0 A/F at WOT is going to melt pistons. I think GM would have a ton of cars with that issue by now seeing as the stock tune runs that lean from 2000 to 4500 rpms.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator2
I love how they know nothing about DI and how lean it runs compared to port injection. They think 14.0 A/F at WOT is going to melt pistons. I think GM would have a ton of cars with that issue by now seeing as the stock tune runs that lean from 2000 to 4500 rpms.
lol. If its not a K or B series it cant make huge horsepower.

DI is the wave off the future. just takes alot of time to perfect. Theres a reason our cars run a 9.2 comp ratio and can still blow 30 psi of hot air into it without blowing up
Old 11-22-2009, 04:03 PM

3grand under each hood of the evo and cobalt. Hands down cobalt! ass clowns. They arent even in the same class and the cobalts are smokin em. very sad. oh... cobalt = 10G's less!
Old 11-23-2009, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Projekt
Go ahead? im not even a vendor. Junk? you mean popular name brand stuff right? guess thats crap.

I make 10 more whp and what 100 wtq more then your turd wagon and weight less? congrats my cars faster. Go play with your evo kids now mmmk.

As for a cobalt fan boy, apparently you dont take alot of time to read this forums, im very realistic when it comes to vehicles. I know evo's are good but they not by far best car for the money.

pull your head out of your ass, or trade your mighty evo in for a GTO, youd fit in more there

since your on the topic of fanboys. maybe you should take the time and look in a mirror. lets start with the CSRT-4 you repped sooo hard, now a evo? you rep it even harder..yup band wagon jumping fan boy, let me guess your favorite NFL team every year is the one that won the superbowl the prior year right? your that type of guy im done with you and your jokes.
all junk including the tune.

I know of a CSRT on here thats running my setup that would decimate you. He made 391 whp and had a solid powerband to boot. See, what u dont get is the fact that I got rid of the CSRT not because it was a bad car, but because mopar would not let its true potential be utilized AND the overall dealerships are complete garbage. They dont want to warranty anything.

Let me elaborate as to why I think the evo IS the best tuner ( sport compact aka NON muscle car ) money can buy.

1) AWD
2) aftermarket that rivals civic's
3) parts arent too terribly priced
4) you can auto-x, drag race, AND dirt course
5) you can have the engine run anyway imaginable

^You will be hard pressed to find a tuner that has all of these. The only other option is a DSM ( which is mitsubishi anyway ) or an wrx ( and they cost a small fortune to mod ). In fact, since you seem to think you know so much about cars, find a direct competitor in ALL of those categories that ISNT subaru. Lets see what u really know.

Yea, this makes tons of sense. Because a GTO is awsome at auto-x, drag, and off road courses. I can see youre a one dimensional person only focused on drag racing. Since that is the case, maybe you should sell ur cobalt and get a GTO. It would fit your definition of a budget car.

I dont need to explain myself to you. You drive a ******* cobalt and only care about drag racing. There is so much fail there. I used to have that mentality. Then I realized AWD + RWD > FWD.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:10 PM

wow wtf did i start here.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nismothecat
im talking about mr. cut springs car. the SS/TC and Evo X are pretty equal around the track.
Why couldn't the thread have ended here !
Old 11-23-2009, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by reign1
wow wtf did i start here.
there are so many different conversations going on here...

SENSE... this thread makes none
Old 11-23-2009, 03:34 PM

lol i think i started the big one
Old 11-23-2009, 03:58 PM

the question is can the evo X/sti even be called a ''tuner'' car anymore with its mid to high 30k msrp for a base model and well into the 40's for a performance MR. At this point they are moving into the $ range where 295hp and 3600 pounds don't cut it anymore.

Camaro SS $35,000 422hp 3860 lbs
Evo X $35,000 295hp 3586 lbs
Mustang GT $33,00 315hp 3533 lbs
challenger r/t $35,00 370hp 4041 lbs fail
sti $35,000 300hp 3508 lbs

this is all a side note but as the evo steps up in price it needs to step up in performance.
Is the cobalt SS the perfect tuner car idk definatly not right now with the lack of support. i believe it can be. Is the evo X the perfect sport compact definatly the **** not. simply cuz i refuse to believe that the perfect tuner car traps 96mph and the one that came before it trapped 102. according to motortrend

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...test_data.html

sorry but imo that aint good enough for that price tag or the ''ultimate tuner'' distinction. If anything try to give it to the evo 9 seriously imho they took a big step back with the new evo. Also i don't think the 4b11 is nowhere near as strong as the 4G63 i read that AMS was having some issues with the aluminum block and sleeves somewhere north of 500whp. I highly doubt you will see 8 sec evo X's and very few in the 9's

In the end who cares IDK how you even compare the 2 you could buy 2 brand new cobalt SS/TC's for the price of 1 brand new EVO X MR. And you can get a rwd V8 thats faster than the evo in a straight dig and much worse from a roll. AWD has a big impact on handling but the cobalt runs around a track just as fast and 99% of guys will never expieriance the very limit of handling for there cars. Almost everybody will expieriance the limit of straight line acceleration i mean who hasn't gone WOT on the highway at least once. Its all whatever makes the buyer happy.

Last edited by blackvette101; 11-23-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by blackvette101
the question is can the evo X/sti even be called a ''tuner'' car anymore with its mid to high 30k msrp for a base model and well into the 40's for a performance MR. At this point they are moving into the $ range where 295hp and 3600 pounds don't cut it anymore.

this is all a side note but as the evo steps up in price it needs to step up in performance.
Is the cobalt SS the perfect tuner car idk definatly not right now with the lack of support. i believe it can be. Is the evo X the perfect sport compact definatly the **** not. simply cuz i refuse to believe that the perfect tuner car traps 96mph and the one that came before it trapped 102. according to motortrend

sorry but imo that aint good enough for that price tag or the ''ultimate tuner'' distinction. If anything try to give it to the evo 9 seriously imho they took a big step back with the new evo. Also i don't think the 4b11 is nowhere near as strong as the 4G63 i read that AMS was having some issues with the aluminum block and sleeves somewhere north of 500whp. I highly doubt you will see 8 sec evo X's and very few in the 9's

I dont know Motortrend must have the slowest Evo X. Car and Driver got 13.4@ 103, the new Road and Track has the MR doing 13.2 (not sure of the MPH).

also the Evo X will kill all those cars you mentioned around a track.

looking back i probably wouldnt have bought my Evo X at MSRP. but at the price i got it was definantly worth it
Old 11-23-2009, 04:22 PM

I dont know Motortrend must have the slowest Evo X. Car and Driver got 13.4@ 103, the new Road and Track has the MR doing 13.2 (not sure of the MPH).

he forgot the 370z, 335i, 135i
Old 11-23-2009, 04:33 PM

looking back i probably wouldnt have bought my Evo X at MSRP. but at the price i got it was definantly worth it
well everyone will get differant times depending on skill that was the 1st one to come up and I picked it because it compared evo X vs evo 9

Originally Posted by ajjaro
he forgot the 370z, 335i, 135i
370Z 36,000 330HP 3400 LBS

135 and 335 have alot higher msrp i think

They may or may not beat it around the track but my point is how many times do any driver push there car to the very limits of there suspension and/or race there car on the circuit. Then compare that to the times people go WOT on a daily basis. I know at the local track we have a drag strip and a circuit track and for every 200-300 cars on the drag track for every 1 on the circuit track. the main comparison point for MOST not all people is straight line acceleration. because people feel the very limit of there cars acceleration in a straight line much much more than they feel the very limit of there suspension around turns on a daily basis and in racing scenarios.

Last edited by blackvette101; 11-23-2009 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-23-2009, 04:33 PM

well everyone will get differant times depending on skill that was the 1st one to come up and I picked it because it compared evo X vs evo 9

They may or may not beat it around the track but my point is how many times do any driver push there car to the very limits of there suspension and/or race there car on the circuit. Then compare that to the times people go WOT on a daily basis. I know at the local track we have a drag strip and a circuit track and for every 200-300 cars on the drag track for every 1 on the circuit track. the main comparison point for MOST not all people is straight line acceleration.
depending on equipment its 3100-3400
Old 11-23-2009, 04:35 PM

In the end who cares IDK how you even compare the 2 you could buy 2 brand new cobalt SS/TC's for the price of 1 brand new EVO X MR. And you can get a rwd V8 thats faster than the evo in a straight dig and much worse from a roll. AWD has a big impact on handling but the cobalt runs around a track just as fast and 99% of guys will never expieriance the very limit of handling for there cars. Almost everybody will expieriance the limit of straight line acceleration i mean who hasn't gone WOT on the highway at least once. Its all whatever makes the buyer happy.
The majority of the evo community is in agreeance on this. They feel the added weight, creature comforts, and the poor 1/4 mile preformance out of the box means mitsu is moving away from the evo's rally heritage. I will also add that the pricetag for one is WAAAY too steep. The dealerships are milking the popularity of these cars, thats for sure.

In my opinion, the best evo is the IX, and thats why I bought one.

As for a tuning platform, you cant get better than an evo IX and earlier models. It will be a while before the X reaches the status of its predecessors, but with the evo's aftermarket and popularity any evo platform mitsu ***** out will be supported whole heartedly. I wont get into why I think theyre the best tuners because I already did.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:45 PM

They may or may not beat it around the track but my point is how many times do any driver push there car to the very limits of there suspension and/or race there car on the circuit. Then compare that to the times people go WOT on a daily basis. I know at the local track we have a drag strip and a circuit track and for every 200-300 cars on the drag track for every 1 on the circuit track. the main comparison point for MOST not all people is straight line acceleration. because people feel the very limit of there cars acceleration in a straight line much much more than they feel the very limit of there suspension around turns on a daily basis and in racing scenarios.
go to a Evo forum and check out thier racing forum. i bet 75% of the threads are about track days and track times, not drag racing times
Old 11-23-2009, 05:10 PM

go to a Evo forum and check out thier racing forum. i bet 75% of the threads are about track days and track times, not drag racing times
Most of the guys Ive talked to on the forums have been all about all aspects of racing, and on average are running at least 400+ awhp.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:14 PM

it might just be Socalevo.net then. it seems 400whp is about normal. im planning for an exhaust and tune in the next few months. i get extra days off at work because of the economy so no mod money these days. hopefully it will change soon.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:29 PM

it might just be Socalevo.net then. it seems 400whp is about normal. im planning for an exhaust and tune in the next few months. i get extra days off at work because of the economy so no mod money these days. hopefully it will change soon.
There are some really fast ones on there ( evolutionm.net ). Lots of 10's, some 9's, 8's. Pretty nuts.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
There are some really fast ones on there ( evolutionm.net ). Lots of 10's, some 9's, 8's. Pretty nuts.
nice, im not that into drag racing so maybe i just ignore those posts.

my uncle tracks a 930 Turbo at Laguna Seca. im gonna try and tag along one of these days. maybe i can see if the Evo can hurt some Porsche pride.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:43 PM

nice, im not that into drag racing so maybe i just ignore those posts.

my uncle tracks a 930 Turbo at Laguna Seca. im gonna try and tag along one of these days. maybe i can see if the Evo can hurt some Porsche pride.
they have separate sections for auto-x, drag, etc.

I got the numbers from the drag slip/performance section

check this out:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/drag-ra...os-2009-a.html

^stock turbo housing evo VIII and IX 1/4 mile times. Complete insanity.

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 11-23-2009 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-23-2009, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
they have separate sections for auto-x, drag, etc.

I got the numbers from the drag slip/performance section

check this out:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/drag-ra...os-2009-a.html

^stock turbo housing evo VIII and IX 1/4 mile times. Complete insanity.
interesting. on socalevo.net its different. in the Motosport section every sticky is about road racing. in fact onthe first page there is only one drag racing thread. i go on evolutionm.net but not as much as Socalevo.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by The Sunburst Kid
Again, most of what you post is purely personal bias and objective. For every story of an STI > Evo story, I can come up with an Evo > STI story. Same thing with the 8 second lsj's. Same thing for the "potential of failure" in the awd components. Until you own these cars, and race these cars, and experience these issues or downfalls, what you say means next to nothing. Speculation and some internet stories and videos do not equate to knowledge kiddo.
Yeah anyone remember that episode of passtime where that evo kids like " im running 30 pounds " goes to launch and dumps it snapping the stock linkage on his EVO LOL poor guy

I am no fan of either or , to tell you the truth I would rather own a cosworth rally car then any STI or EVO with a full roll cage ,

Either way you can't deny the STI is a superior rally car ..

Originally Posted by Turbo'dSS
Hey man im sposed to hit you up when i get to AZ. Terminator2 is gonna retune me for the AZ weather and 91 octane.
well hit me up man you gunna be pwned I got NAWZ and an EVO 12 turd burgler edition its AWD will eat you man Im running like 70lbs boost on stock everything and yeah man My evo is so sweet wait till you see how 1337 it is !

Last edited by PrincessTurbo; 11-24-2009 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: evo x vs ss/tc