ZZ Performance ZZ Performance is a proud Supporting Vendor

My experience with ZZP

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 20gsky
In the end I agreed to pay shipping. I did not agree to pay 800 bucks for removal and replacement of the engine plus paying shipping.
I never once mentioned removing the engine, so I don't know where that comes from. We were talking about replacing valve seals, fixing the pcv system, and a couple other things. The motor would not be removed for any of that type of work.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was a phone call I had with Tim. Tim said it would be around $800 in labor to remove and replace the engine if the rings were bad. That is what prompted the last email exchange with you.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Banned

Lol. So if you aren't going to work with them when they are being reasonable with you, even after you started a thread in an attempt to flame them then this needs to be locked up and you need to accept the fate that YOU chose in doing so. We don't need to hear you **** and moan about it if you're not going to help yourself.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by 05Slowline
Lol. So if you aren't going to work with them when they are being reasonable with you, even after you started a thread in an attempt to flame them then this needs to be locked up and you need to accept the fate that YOU chose in doing so. We don't need to hear you **** and moan about it if you're not going to help yourself.
OK, so don't read the thread.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Banned

Old 03-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Former Vendor

Matt you have been professional in this thread. However, the mod exsoccer, has not. He is acting like I made personal attacks towards him. If he doesn't have time to be a moderator, then maybe he should give up his mod responsibilities because obviously people like me, who have a legitimate discussion, waste his valuable time.

This whole ordeal is bad for all parties involved. Unfortunately I will not be shipping ZZP my car. There are several reasons. Money is one. Don't misunderstand me, I have the money to do it and pay for everything. I simply don't feel like I should. I am not paying for this based on principle. I would rather have another LNF shop do they work and pay them.

Please do not assume my judgment is clouded or I am being irrational. Things are in focus for me. I know where my priorities are.
I really don't think you are looking at it clearly. The reason I say that is because you are still convinced that the issue must be ZZP's fault. You have no way to know this without knowing what the problem even is. In this thread, I have pointed out two major issues that your setup had during the break-in period, but you are ignoring them because you are upset right now. I'm not saying that one of them caused the problem. I am only using them as examples of things that can go wrong outside of our control once we ship an engine to get installed somewhere else. That is why I said to think about it for a few days. Once you are ready to believe that there are things that can go wrong after an engine has shipped, then we can resume our conversations and work together to figure out a solution.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by 05Slowline
lol
Old 03-04-2012, 10:40 AM

Lol.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Former Vendor

That was a phone call I had with Tim. Tim said it would be around $800 in labor to remove and replace the engine if the rings were bad. That is what prompted the last email exchange with you.
Unfortunately, you had already made up your mind before talking to Tim that ZZP should pay for everything. I don't think you left him much choice except to quote standard policy. I had already told you that we often go beyond our standard warranty if it is reasonable to. What we don't do is agree to pay for stuff ahead of time when we don't know what is wrong. Also, it didn't prompt an "email exchange" with me. You sent me an email basically saying that you hate ZZP and that you won't respond to anything I say- still without even knowing what is wrong with your car.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:49 AM

Lol.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:54 AM

How do you know they caused the problem with the engine and not your inexperienced ecotec shop? You are quick to jump the gun and point fingers at ZZP for your unfortunate luck but if your going to do it yourself or have a local place do it make sure they know what the hell they are doing. Why not just send it to them? If it's their fault they will warranty it, if it's the shops fault that installed the engine wouldn't you want ZZP to fix it and not the people at the shop you used so they can screw something up again?
Old 03-04-2012, 11:05 AM

I'm confused on how hard it is to install an engine... I know the lsj install is nothing different than any other car. The lnf may be different but I'm sure a shop full of mechanics could figure it out. Since when do you have to be "ecotec" trained to install an engine. Lol
Old 03-04-2012, 11:06 AM

You dont understand, they will warranty the part, not the labor, not the shipping. I am automatically out 1600 dollars if it is rings.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:40 AM

When I think about modding a car, I do research, get organized, and planned. All my mods installation and suggestions are done by a GM master certified tech. He helped on my return fuel system. That was my first time helping doing a modification. (BTW, use safety glasses when doing this).

IMO, best way to solve this is to send your car to ZZP. They have demonstrated experience working with ecotecs.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
op i run a shop. When customers that have issues with repair work call me and say something is going on with my car i need it towed in will you cover it? I always inform the customers that we will have our wrecker tow the car back to the shop and if there is an issue with OUR repair work or parts we will cover the tow and 100% of the repairs. Ill also inform them that if the issue has nothing to do with the work or parts we installed on their vehicle that they will be billed for towing and diagnostics first, and then presented with a repair estimate. 90% of the time it has nothing to do with anything we did on their vehicle and is usually a whole different problem all together. I dont blame matt or ZZP one bit for not paying for things up front, as a company would probably go out of business doing that. But just reading this thread and what ZZP has told u time and time again what they would do for you sounds to be the same policy that i have at my shop and any other shop for that matter. i am almost certain that if the problem was craftsmanship or part related they would absorb the costs, and just from their responses thats what they are trying to get at but you are unfortunately too upset to hear that right now
Old 03-04-2012, 12:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is why if i were to do some VERY serious modding to my car, such as a new engine or installing a aftermarket turbo kit, I'd have ZZP do the install too. This is the risk you take when you buy a product from one company, and have someone else install it. I know it sucks but its the way it is. I think ZZP is being very fair with you on this one. There is NO WAY you should expect them to pay for the shipping! Now the labor......mmmm I could see them NOT giving you any money for that, BUT, if it is the fault of a ZZP product failure for some reason, then I think they should help you out with the labor on the installation of the new product. However, it would still require you to have your car shipped to them on YOUR dime.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Former Vendor

You dont understand, they will warranty the part, not the labor, not the shipping. I am automatically out 1600 dollars if it is rings.
You keep missing that I specifically stated that we often go beyond standard policy to make things right. I have said it probably a dozen times now. What we don't do is agree to pay for everything before anyone knows what is actually wrong.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:43 PM

OP, what zzp is saying is if it is their error they will try their best to pay for what they can but if it was the installers error, then you will have to assume the responsibility yourself and go after the installers in court for all the repair costs.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:54 PM

Your first mistake was having a shop that knows nothing about the LNF do an engine swap.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:55 PM

If it was the rings the car would be smoking out the exhaust all the time.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:49 PM

OP this thread is going no where just send ur car to zzp while they are still willing to help you out ! Dont let ur rage blind you I know I personally would be flipping ***** right now if it was me but u know what talking on here will get you no where, ive had my problems with vendors before but talking woth them directly always solved the problem, starting a thread on here only made it worse !
Old 03-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Please handle this matter with the vendor via pm's, emails, phone, etc.