08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

adjusting boost

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobaltss/TC
No i don't steal and my dealership is pretty laid back when it comes to warranty but if a turbo goes, they will send an engineer and a district rep i am not willing to lose my job because you fucked with your turbo, just not worth it in my opinion.

The Wastegate adjustment is just a nut on the end of a rod that you turn to lengthen or shorten the wastegate rod, you dont think thats fully reversible if the need should ever arrise to bring it in for warranty work? , all you would have to do is move the nut back over to the original position. They can bring out anyone they want, if nothings there, then nothings there

Ive got a friend with a Mazdaspeed 6 thats modded and beats on his car ALL the time, he had a Intake / Full 3" Turboback Exhaust and a Boost Controller and his turbo seals started leaking so he had to bring it in for warranty work on the unit, he took ALL of his mods off his whole TBE and everything and brought it back in bone stock and noone knew a thing, they approved his warranty work without even thinking twice then once he got it back he threw all his **** back on and was good to go, was it a PITA to reinstall a entire stock exhaust and everything else? yes, but did he get his car repaired for free under warranty? YES so its worth it

just because a dealership "dissaproves" of modding your vehicle does not mean that you cannot mod your vehicle, it simply means be smart about it and get it as close to stock as you can before bringing it in to get work done so noone suspects anything, just like with tuning your vehicle, your not going to take your car into the dealer to get warranty work done with your full race tune, youd flash it back to stock and noone would even know
Old 05-28-2008, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Astyl
The Wastegate adjustment is just a nut on the end of a rod that you turn to lengthen or shorten the wastegate rod, you dont think thats fully reversible if the need should ever arrise to bring it in for warranty work? , all you would have to do is move the nut back over to the original position. They can bring out anyone they want, if nothings there, then nothings there

Ive got a friend with a Mazdaspeed 6 thats modded and beats on his car ALL the time, he had a Intake / Full 3" Turboback Exhaust and a Boost Controller and his turbo seals started leaking so he had to bring it in for warranty work on the unit, he took ALL of his mods off his whole TBE and everything and brought it back in bone stock and noone knew a thing, they approved his warranty work without even thinking twice then once he got it back he threw all his **** back on and was good to go, was it a PITA to reinstall a entire stock exhaust and everything else? yes, but did he get his car repaired for free under warranty? YES so its worth it

just because a dealership "dissaproves" of modding your vehicle does not mean that you cannot mod your vehicle, it simply means be smart about it and get it as close to stock as you can before bringing it in to get work done so noone suspects anything, just like with tuning your vehicle, your not going to take your car into the dealer to get warranty work done with your full race tune, youd flash it back to stock and noone would even know
Regardless so you put the wastegate back how it was for warranty work the mod is a jerry rig 99% of the people that did it put it back how it was because it doesn"t work its a jerryrig tune works for a short time go to solstice forums and read how many thought it was great to run 22psi then oh a week later only running 16 again thgen oh **** now running like crap and check engine light is on.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:04 PM

once again just my opinion, guess nobody knows what opinion means, if you bring it back to stock like you said yes that is ok, yes it is a simple nut, but they mark the nut and the rod, try marking it again and you come in with overpressure codes come on we are not stupid, i'm not saying we would turn you down, and you have to understand i could care less i get paid either way, i don't care if you beat on it or **** around with something, but GM does care and they are the ones who decide. So all i am trying to say is just watch what you do, you don't want to mess something up and regret it ya know.