2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

LHU/LDK can't hold same or more than LNF

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 10:37 PM
Where's The Cruze SS?
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That sucks man, some shitty luck. Good luck with everything.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
wait, stage 3 cams? didn't zzp just come out with the stage 2 cams? why is there stage 3 cams suddenly? this does suck. that car seemed to have all kinds of bad luck. bad installs? stuff not being done right to begin with? very odd.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:25 AM

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts
stage 3 cams are for special people only.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
How are the ring lands on that particular piston?
Name:  20140721_215722_zps89a5a188.jpg
Views: 1620
Size:  32.8 KB
Old 07-24-2014, 09:13 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
I got one name for yall.

James mothafuckin Rakes

LET THA BATTLE COMMENCE.

Edit: Ahhhh... its already been pointed out as a zzp build damn. I thought this was gonna be a blame game thread. Sorry about your engine blowing up mxman. But you are providing very useful info to the rest of us who are looking to "upgrade" to the better engine. Honestly it is still a better engine due to the thick water jacket. LNF scares me on that. I dont want the porus block happening to me.

Last edited by CudaJoe; 07-24-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:14 PM

Does that picture tell anything?
Old 07-24-2014, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mxman38
Does that picture tell anything?
Yep it does. It tells you that the tune killed your engine. Nothing else. The tune. Period. The End.

It amazes me that you guys are still throwing money at vendors that either don't know or don't care.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:28 PM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz
Yep it does. It tells you that the tune killed your engine. Nothing else. The tune. Period. The End.

It amazes me that you guys are still throwing money at vendors that either don't know or don't care.
For once I agree with Gm tech. Lately me and a few of my friends have noticed that zzp doesn't seem to give two ***** about the ecotec community anymore.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey hey, he is still on here.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:37 PM

I'm sorry, I was wrong. It wasn't ONLY the tune, stupidity had a huge part in it too.

Quote from the owner of the car...

it smokes when I let off the throttle (same day I left ZZP). He told me don't worry about it and drive the damn car. I would sit at a stop sign and it looked like someone tossed a freaking smoke bomb under my car intermittently... obviously something not right. ZZP stated I might need a catch can, but really showed no other interest in what it may be- nor said to bring it by to be checked out (these blocks can hold 500whp, remember??).

The next day I do a couple highway pulls and boom, my car is engulfed in flames and throws a rod out the back of the block

Are you people insane? Here's what happened. You broke a piston by overheating the rings and breaking a ring land. You then proceeded to keep driving it and doing "Highway pulls". That fractured piston could not handle that and came apart. Broken piston pieces don't compress very easily so the rod also exploded and destroyed everything else.

All you had to do was STOP DRIVING IT when it was belching smoke and all you would be doing right now is throwing some pistons in it.

Really? This is a big mystery? Horrible vendor+bad parts+horrible tune+stupidity=shrapnel. This stuff is utterly amazing to me.

Edit-

Wait a minute. I just re-read the owners post about what happened. He picks up the car from ZZP and it's smoking on the way home? Holy cr@p, they did a dyno run didn't they? ZZP BROKE THAT ENGINE ON THE DYNO!!!!!!!!!!! They pushed it too far on a cr@ppy tune and cracked the piston. That was why it was smoking on his way home from ZZP. Again, the cracked piston finally failed catastrophically after "a couple highway pulls".

I wasn't there, but the way it's described, it sure looks like ZZP broke this motor on the dyno and just let the guy pick it up and drive it home. Holy f'ing cr@p! Tell me I'm wrong in my reading of this guys. Sure seems to me it's pretty simple to understand what happened. No wonder they didn't give him any dyno sheets!!! Infriggincredible.

Anyone wanna guess how long it takes for me to get banned by simply stating the obvious here? lolz.

Last edited by gmtech16450yz; 07-24-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by AaronJ
Hey hey, he is still on here.
A little birdie told me I'd get a good laugh if I checked in on here. He was right, this forum NEVER fails to be entertaining.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lame ness

Just Think if you just spent $200,000 + Large and this occurred!
Porsche is the first MFGr to issue a
“Emergency Stand-Down” ‘STOP Drive’ order in history!! So much for Porsche Quality.

What engineering group approved this GT3 2014 build and passed it to replication & manufacturing??
For 270 cars!! Fire! Fire!
And if the Ignition switch MEDIA filibustering/ Love Fest is beyond out of control /stupid;
This recall article is in plain sight w/ all it’s Regalia in the Porsch Owners club mag… Jan 2014. Hello Meedia!

Think If This exercise in low quality ‘DANGEROUS’ manufacturing Occurred to caddy/Chevrolet/bmw/ford ?
This SUReLY would get the media all ‘gasaming’ about how bad [gm] is when truly they are somewhat fair most of the time ?? AND THE slimestream media WOULD NEVER STOP…

WHY is Porsche protected from this dildoe-like exercise in low quality DANGEROUS manufacturing??

This compares simply AS just as lame as the hamas rocketing –
-without ‘da Lamestream Media Calling hamas Racist!

“Never-mind” {sat night live-- first season}

2014 Porsche 911 GT3 Engine Replacement Confirmed ť AutoGuide.com News

2014 Porsche 911 GT3 Inspection Advised - Motor Trend WOT

All 2014 Porsche 911 GT3 Engines To Be Replaced

GERMAN CAR NEWSPorsche announces plan to replace 911 GT3 engines - GERMAN CAR NEWS
Old 07-24-2014, 07:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A little birdie told me I'd get a good laugh if I checked in on here. He was right, this forum NEVER fails to be entertaining.
Haha, well you need to get your entertainment from somewhere since you are on hiatus from the solsticeforum
Old 07-24-2014, 08:23 PM

Look call it stupidity all you want that's why I am on this forum, i dont know anything about these cars... hell everything I did read was that a direct inject turbo car burned oil normally so a catch can was necessary. I honestly thought tne extra rpm just had more vacuume in the casing or something.
Doesn't zzp safely tune cars?
I'm more upset about Zzp calling me back a week later and saying they didn't get my email (are you f'ing kidding me I see it confirmed in my sent folder) he states he just got the voice mail a week later and there's nothing he could do so he didn't call back right away. I'm not one to ever negatively critique a shop, but dear lord, zzp Even admitted that he smelt oil on my test drive, then gave me my freaking car back to drive home. I'm a police officer I've seem my fair share of bad accidents, but I am truly blessed I didn't lose my damn life due to zzps negligence. seems they were quick to take my cash but when it came time for them to sac up they won't help me out at all. Kind of sucks, ib may just cut my loses and trade it in once this motor goes in...

Last edited by Mxman38; 07-24-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:29 PM

Received 839 Likes on 736 Posts
Look call it stupidity all you want that's why I am on this forum, i dont know anything about these cars... hell everything I did read was that a direct inject turbo car burned oil normally so a catch can was necessary. I honestly thought tne extra rpm just had more vacuume in the casing or something.

You really want to know the kicker of it all? Zzp called me back a week later, lies and says they didn't get my email (are you f'ing kidding me I see it confirmed in my sent folder) he states he just got the voice mail a week later and there's nothing he could do so he didn't call back right away. I'm not one to ever negatively critique a shop, but dear lord, zzp Even admitted that he smelt oil on my test drive, then gave me my freaking car back to drive home. I'm a police officer I've seem my fair share of bad accidents, but I am truly blessed I didn't lose my damn life due to zzps negligence. Be forewarned, they were quick to take my cash but when it came time for them to sac up they ran.
Just for your info, the EFR (before zzp puts their exhaust housing on it) has a double sealed bearing cartridge specifically to address the oil consumption from traditionally built turbos. Check out their youtube vid about the EFR some damn interesting tech went into them
Old 07-24-2014, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by ECaulk
Just for your info, the EFR (before zzp puts their exhaust housing on it) has a double sealed bearing cartridge specifically to address the oil consumption from traditionally built turbos. Check out their youtube vid about the EFR some damn interesting tech went into them
I've seen it, but people still blow the zfr so I didn't bet against it.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:25 PM

Received 839 Likes on 736 Posts
I've seen it, but people still blow the zfr so I didn't bet against it.
Early efr's had an issue, they released an updated version shortly after the initial
Old 07-25-2014, 10:11 AM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
wow I was going to zzp to get tuned. now I don't know if I want to. That's some scary ****.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltss#01
wow I was going to zzp to get tuned. now I don't know if I want to. That's some scary ****.
Lol, im not saying don't go there. .. Matt knows his **** and no one can really prove my issue was tune related , I was just simply posting the truth since no one seemed to know the story behind the pictures.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:43 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Kyle- I'm not sure why you wouldn't email me direct. I'm sure you noticed that every time you asked tech questions they were forwarded to me. This is the first I am hearing about most of your issues. As far as the clutch- you do realize we were prototyping and we never charged anything for any repairs as far as I know. Hopefully you can agree that you specifically asked for parts that we don't have available. Your cams for example are s3 because they have the largest fuel pump lobe. S2 and s3 cams have the same intake and exh lobes. The reason we called them a mix is because you don't need the offset phasers to spin past 7400 with the regal ECM. As far as the smoking- that is news to me. And the tune did not break your motor. You are running on e85 which has far more octane than pump gas, and you only have 18-19 degrees of timing. It is a conservative tune. This rod issue has actually been documented and it has been found that the rods are in fact weaker in the regal than in the cobalt.

More importantly- you seemed like a really good customer. I'm not sure how we ended up here. If someone didn't respond to you or you didn't like their answer, you can always escalate it within zzp and look for a resolution. Throwing us in the mosh pit and trash talking us won't help anyone.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:04 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by leemanfor
For once I agree with Gm tech. Lately me and a few of my friends have noticed that zzp doesn't seem to give two ***** about the ecotec community anymore.
I don't know how you can think they don't care about the Ecotec communtiy anymore, since they are literally diving head first into the ATS Ecotecs and still making parts for our cars.

What would make you think that they don't? Curiously?

Originally Posted by cobaltss#01
I have been on a ZZP tune since day one, sitting at my power level, and never once was my tune an issue...well once, when the trifecta tune was on it and it never wanted to read right lol. I suggest getting ZZP tuned.

Remember folks, you are getting one side to a story. I wouldn't throw stones until/when/if you get 100% of the facts on what actually happened.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Zzps at fault. Lol... People always pointing fingers.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:33 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Look call it stupidity all you want that's why I am on this forum, i dont know anything about these cars...
John wasn't actually saying you showed stupidity. He only made that statement to set himself up to later say, "oh I just noticed zzp drove it..." Etc... Then he can act like he's not bias and doesn't only come on this forum when he sees a chance to bash us. John thinks everyone on this forum is dumb and will therefore fall for his tactics.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:53 PM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
I like that Matt chimed in because, until this I never heard anything like this happening and it makes me feel a lot better hearing his side.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:08 AM

I'll still goto ZZP nothing but good things are what I've heard

Quick Reply: LHU/LDK can't hold same or more than LNF