2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Where is the GM stage kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 01:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by usnsdoc
The other tunes do not, and eventually have to be reflashed.
I'm fairly certain that this statement is false.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What? you don't see the resemblance?

awd vs fwd
sedan only vs primarily coupe
rally inspired vs tarmac

At least they both have steering wheels

-M

Originally Posted by EvilleCobalt
I lol'd! I want to see your sources for this "info".
Old 02-09-2009, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by rocketpunch1221
Nice to see some SRT-4 fanboi around, they are getting rare.

Honestly, no need to get all out defensive. You can simply man up some solid performance data from legit sources to prove its "EVO based" superiority in stock trim.
http://www.autoblog.com/tag/caliber+srt-4/

^hows that work for u?

as for fanboi, I am not. I know the truth when I see it and until everything about the stage 1 kit is confirmed after someone installs the damn thing and dyno's it people need to stop with the rumors. Everyone sounds like an idiot, and its not necessarily their fault. Someone down the line started this retarded rumor and now everyone is buying into it.

I call out stupidity when I see it. I can see ur not very educated on SRT4's either. U may want to do a few searchs on google before u call someone who owns the car out. Have a nice day.

Originally Posted by tomj77
Actually the ss/tc is completely based off the evo. evo 7 actually but still.

srt4 was crap, they should have put more thought into it, the new one is pretty nice lookin. least its not a neon. whats the price on that thing?
Im sorry, this is completely wrong. GM has nothing to do with Mitsuishi, Hyundai, or Chrysler.

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 02-09-2009 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-09-2009, 03:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice to see some SRT-4 fanboi around, they are getting rare.

Honestly, no need to get all out defensive. You can simply man up some solid performance data from legit sources to prove its "EVO based" superiority in stock trim.
Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC

^hows that work for u?

as for fanboi, I am not. I know the truth when I see it and until everything about the stage 1 kit is confirmed after someone installs the damn thing and dyno's it people need to stop with the rumors. Everyone sounds like an idiot, and its not necessarily their fault. Someone down the line started this retarded rumor and now everyone is buying into it.

I call out stupidity when I see it. I can see ur not very educated on SRT4's either. U may want to do a few searchs on google before u call someone who owns the car out. Have a nice day.
Well, for a person who claim he is not a fanboi of the CSRT-4. You post sure sounded like one.

Reread my post again, I never asked you show me if it is "EVO based"; but I can see why you choose to ignore my actual request about "some solid performance data" about the new SRT-4's 1337ness, compare to the "nothing special" TC in stock trim.

I used to have a 04 SRT-4 and I loved it for the price I got for it. I do admit I know nothing about the new one since I do not have any interest to find out and the need to show people how it is "EVO based"....
Old 02-09-2009, 03:52 PM

1BADSS/SC

My god man, you can be so friggen pompous. The quote you referenced was pretty inoccuous, then you go on another CSRT4 rant. I'm sorry to do a call out sort of post, but you jumped all over that guy for no real good reason.

The next SRT4? WOW. Do u even know that Dodge is still making the SRT4? Do u also know that its engine and chasis are based off the EVO X? In case u didnt know heres a pic:

Yes, the engine in the CSRT4 is related to the EVO. The CSRT4 chassis is only related in the most vague distant kissing 3rd cousings twice removed sort of way to the Evo. A VW bug has as much in common with a 911. You love to pump out that EVO connection, but that's really really thin.

first of all, there is nothing special about the SS/TC vs the sky redline, sol GXP, and the HHR SS. The kappa platform in the sol/sky is much better than the Cobalts platform, and have you looked at all the awards the sol GXP has won? The GXP is a better performer in the corners and the strip hands down.
Whatever you may THINK, stock the Sky Redline and GXP, trail behind Cobalts. It's as simple as that. I have some limited personal experience in them as well, but go read a test summary page if you don't believe me. They run about even in the 1/4 and fall behind in handling (which is really where the platform should shine). It's unfortunate too because they should perform with a Cobalt and GM really needs to get in and spend some chassis sorting time like the did with the SS/TC. Basically, you are simply wrong-and uneducated.

As far as the intake, I don't know who started that rumor. I know the rumor is 315 hp for the SS kit. I'm not 100% sure why but the numbers came out of SEMA, I just thought they were going to be more agressive with the Cobalt since they see it as their tuner offering.

"U have to stop with the fanboy attitude and realize that there are better cars out there than the (CSRT4). U make urself sound like an ass." <---corrected, no thanks required.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Banned

^hows that work for u?

Im sorry, this is completely wrong. GM has nothing to do with Mitsuishi, Hyundai, or Chrysler.

I R TROLL RAWWWWWWRRRRR
Old 02-09-2009, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by MrIcky
1BADSS/SC

My god man, you can be so friggen pompous. The quote you referenced was pretty inoccuous, then you go on another CSRT4 rant. I'm sorry to do a call out sort of post, but you jumped all over that guy for no real good reason.

Yes, the engine in the CSRT4 is related to the EVO. The CSRT4 chassis is only related in the most vague distant kissing 3rd cousings twice removed sort of way to the Evo. A VW bug has as much in common with a 911. You love to pump out that EVO connection, but that's really really thin.

Whatever you may THINK, stock the Sky Redline and GXP, trail behind Cobalts. It's as simple as that. I have some limited personal experience in them as well, but go read a test summary page if you don't believe me. They run about even in the 1/4 and fall behind in handling (which is really where the platform should shine). It's unfortunate too because they should perform with a Cobalt and GM really needs to get in and spend some chassis sorting time like the did with the SS/TC. Basically, you are simply wrong-and uneducated.

As far as the intake, I don't know who started that rumor. I know the rumor is 315 hp for the SS kit. I'm not 100% sure why but the numbers came out of SEMA, I just thought they were going to be more agressive with the Cobalt since they see it as their tuner offering.

"U have to stop with the fanboy attitude and realize that there are better cars out there than the (CSRT4). U make urself sound like an ass." <---corrected, no thanks required.
I dont read these "test summary pages" because MT and car and driver dont know their ******** from a hole in the ground. U want hard facts? Go into forums and see what people are actually doing with the cars, not what car mags say they can do.

And where do u get these facts from? How is a RWD, better chasis platform going to fall behind on the twisties? U do realize that the GM sol took all the top spots in a recent race against 350z's right? Also, WHEN IS FWD better than RWD on the track? Answer me this. There are plenty of sol GXP's running low 12's. Look here, heres one:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Pontiac-Sol...lip-16220.html

see that 1.6 60'? Thats cuz its RWD. Can u cut a 1.6 60' in your "equally performing in the 1/4mi" FWD ss/tc. I dont think so.

U need to get educated on FWD vs RWD vs AWD before u say a FWD car performs equally in the 1/4mi. Especially when RWD can best AWD from a dig. Although u claim to have "limited personal experience" ( whats that mean? U took one out for a test drive? Obviously its VERY VERY limited ), there is no way u can convince me or any person who has actually been to the track that FWD is better for launching than RWD.

This is how it works OK, cuz there is so much ******* uneducated fanboi in here it makes me sick:

drag strip:

LNF in a RWD application > LNF in a FWD application

twisties:

kappa > SS/TC

Also, the caliber is based off Mitsubishi's GS platform:

http://paultan.org/archives/2006/12/...otos-revealed/

a little more relation than a " A VW bug has as much in common with a 911. " U should search before u post. U just made the same mistake.

Well, for a person who claim he is not a fanboi of the CSRT-4. You post sure sounded like one.

Reread my post again, I never asked you show me if it is "EVO based"; but I can see why you choose to ignore my actual request about "some solid performance data" about the new SRT-4's 1337ness, compare to the "nothing special" TC in stock trim.

I used to have a 04 SRT-4 and I loved it for the price I got for it. I do admit I know nothing about the new one since I do not have any interest to find out and the need to show people how it is "EVO based"....
which "performance data" would u like? 370 whp, 433 whp, or 500 whp?

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 02-09-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-09-2009, 04:44 PM

Holy Epic Derail.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I dont read these "test summary pages" because MT and car and driver dont know their ******** from a hole in the ground. U want hard facts? Go into forums and see what people are actually doing with the cars, not what car mags say they can do.

And where do u get these facts from? How is a RWD, better chasis platform going to fall behind on the twisties? U do realize that the GM sol took all the top spots in a recent race against 350z's right? Also, WHEN IS FWD better than RWD on the track? Answer me this. There are plenty of sol GXP's running low 12's. Look here, heres one:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Pontiac-Sol...lip-16220.html

see that 1.6 60'? Thats cuz its RWD. Can u cut a 1.6 60' in your "equally performing in the 1/4mi" FWD ss/tc. I dont think so.

U need to get educated on FWD vs RWD vs AWD before u say a FWD car performs equally in the 1/4mi. Especially when RWD can best AWD from a dig. Although u claim to have "limited personal experience" ( whats that mean? U took one out for a test drive? Obviously its VERY VERY limited ), there is no way u can convince me or any person who has actually been to the track that FWD is better for launching than RWD.

This is how it works OK, cuz there is so much ******* uneducated fanboi in here it makes me sick:

drag strip:

LNF in a RWD application > LNF in a FWD application

twisties:

kappa > SS/TC

Also, the caliber is based off Mitsubishi's GS platform:

http://paultan.org/archives/2006/12/...otos-revealed/

a little more relation than a " A VW bug has as much in common with a 911. " U should search before u post. U just made the same mistake.

which "performance data" would u like? 370 whp, 433 whp, or 500 whp?
Dude chill out. Dont get bent out of shape over this. I agree with you on most points however, stock the TC is actually faster around an autocross track. The Kappas actually dont handle quite as well. I have no clue why but they dont. In the quarter mile stock the ET and traps are very similar. Some people are better drivers than others hence slowstang ripped off a 13.5 sec stock ET in his TC and most of us struggle to get under 14.0.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:54 PM

here are some races with the GXP owning:

http://www.gmperformancedivision.com...cles/scca.aspx
Old 02-09-2009, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by krispy
I'm fairly certain that this statement is false.
Let me correct myself, I have heard of tunes wearing off after a month or so. Though I am referring to the HP Tuners tune.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:04 PM

Where did I read that unless you change the ECU's OPERATING system you can not remove the learn down feature? The LNF upgrade does just this. Also. Which LNF powered car broke the Nurburgring track record, in class, by 13 seconds beatig some pretty prestigious European and far eastern cars. AND! The Cobalt SS/TC was released for sale less than a year ago.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:19 PM

Sorry mopar boy

but the journalists see the CSRT as NOT AS GOOD AS THE NEON SRT-4. Its slower to accelerate , takes longer to brake, torquesteers worse, body roll is worse, gas mileage is worse, shifter layout is worse. In terms of fundamentals the CSRT4 has more in common with the 2.4 Turbo PT cruiser.

The turbocharged balt fills the void left by the neon better than the Caliber, dodges own product... now thats funny
Old 02-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by krispy
Say WHAT? The Cobalt is a GM chassis, the Evo is Mitsu/Chrysler.
gm performance guys said they kept a evo 7 in the shop while they were workin on the motor, forget about the other part. not the whole car just the motor, turbo setup and all that. unless they lied.

i think we should chase the dodge guy back to his dodge forum

Last edited by tomj77; 02-09-2009 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-09-2009, 06:35 PM

lol evo chassis, where the **** are the other two drive wheels?

"The Caliber rides on a heavily modified GS platform, co-designed with Mitsubishi Motors. The modified GS platform is now called JS platform by DCX for mid-size cars and PM/MK for compact cars. It shares a portion of the platform with the Mitsubishi Lancer, but is most similar to the Jeep Compass and Jeep Patriot."

sorry dude but your askin for it, youve been setting off the Gadar everywhere in these lnf forums. waddle on back to the SRT forums with your turbo compass
Old 02-09-2009, 06:41 PM

wow I accidentally got on the shortbus.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:42 PM

gay!!!!!!!!! kiss n make up. just run em already or post times and who ever loses shut up. damn internet gangstas.lol.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by redninja6r
wow I accidentally got on the shortbus.
LOL, sorry . Ya I got carried away. I wish the Stage 1 kit would hurry and come out too
Old 02-09-2009, 06:52 PM

hehe...all this frustration of not having a performance kit is making me a little hostile
Old 02-09-2009, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by idlingmike
???? Explain.
This guy forgot to take his Valium
Old 02-09-2009, 06:58 PM

I deleted my reaction to 1badss/sc. If anyone is quoting it- it's probably an accurate quote. I'm going to summarize everything as:

a) 1BADSS/SC. Quit making hostile antagonistic posts where you overestimate your own knowledge. You just don't have the chops for debate club.
b) I've said it once, I've said it 100x, they need to hand the GXP to Heinreichy to work his magic on. It's a great car that could be an amazing car with the right suspension tuning.
c) Every post you type basically says: Cobalts are FWD and suck but CSRT4s are based on the EVO and kick the ass of everything ever. You need a new tune to sing.
d) and finally, yes I am a fanboy-proud of it.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:06 PM

WTF does the Shortbus SRT4 have to do with anything? Dodge went from building a sedan that was very fast but horribly built and felt like a cheap POS to drive, to building a Godawful ugly little lump of semi-crossover that's fast but horribly built and feels like a cheap POS to drive. It's like an 8/10-scale Aztek with a big motor - why bother?

Numbers aren't everything. What makes the SS/TC a halfway interesting car isn't the numbers, it's that it FEELS so much better than anything else in its class. It doesn't beat you up (like the MS3, Cooper S does), it feels lighter than it is (where the GTI feels five hundred pounds heavier than *it* is), and it's on the tolerable side of the POS line (the Caliber is pretty much the definition of 'trash', SRT4 or no.)

It'll be interesting to see whether this extra 50HP exacts any toll on driveability (e.g. torque steer, etc.)
Old 02-09-2009, 07:11 PM

how many 280whp factory cars do you know of that barely make 13 second passes? way to go dodge
Old 02-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JEMiller
WTF does the Shortbus SRT4 have to do with anything? Dodge went from building a sedan that was very fast but horribly built and felt like a cheap POS to drive, to building a Godawful ugly little lump of semi-crossover that's fast but horribly built and feels like a cheap POS to drive. It's like an 8/10-scale Aztek with a big motor - why bother?

Numbers aren't everything. What makes the SS/TC a halfway interesting car isn't the numbers, it's that it FEELS so much better than anything else in its class. It doesn't beat you up (like the MS3, Cooper S does), it feels lighter than it is (where the GTI feels five hundred pounds heavier than *it* is), and it's on the tolerable side of the POS line (the Caliber is pretty much the definition of 'trash', SRT4 or no.)

It'll be interesting to see whether this extra 50HP exacts any toll on driveability (e.g. torque steer, etc.)
LOL , I have to say this is the most accurate thread I have read in a while.....
Old 02-09-2009, 07:31 PM

aztek rofl !!!

Quick Reply: Where is the GM stage kit?