2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Enthusiasts and vendors alike... header testing inside!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it's funny how much more can be done when the lsj can breathe better. It's only the tip of the spear.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your absolutely right.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:18 PM

Hey, just wondering if you have any logs from the dyno runs where the AFR was goin crazy on you? Or do you remember what injector pulse width and duty cycles were doing? were they following the fluctuations?

I also had the same lean idle issues. Playing with the pulse width adder a bit and the minimum pulse width improved it somewhat.... maybe an idea to try?
Old 08-10-2009, 05:49 PM

On the stock header, the afr stayed flat throughout the pull all three times. It also stayed on par with the target afr. with the jbp header though, things were always goofy. On the one run that I have the sheet for, it held in line except for one period of about 300 rpm, between 4600 and 4900 where the afr went lean and came back down.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by NWAE Cobalt
someone did stock to clear image here a lil while back and showed a decent increase, not sure what it was though
Got a link for the thread? I'm not doubting you. I'm very interested in the results of the Clear Image header and would like to see it.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:45 PM

Or you could just wait about two weeks..., just kidding. But that's the next one due up.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rippin07
Cool, good to see the pics of the header, yes it looks like you recieved a bad header, no excuse for that ****. My header looks nothing like that at all.
First Domin8 this "tool" never made such claim about an m62 and LS4 tb. I never called any tuner out or ****, I said the tune is whak, in all my years I have yet to see a header cause an AFR to change from pull to pull, especially when before the meth problem he drove the car for a week and there is no mention of this problem anywhere!!. Reading and you dont get along, YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE. Second, I am not calling out death, maybe you should continue to read my posts I believe I applauded what he is doing. You guys want to bitch because someone is being critical of the information? Get a life and learn to think for yourselves, followers. Short stack, call the F1 teams and give them your straw theory, then the GT40 engineers etc.
I will acknowledge that this thread is not for fighting. Maybe I was wrong for sticking up for my friends in a way that I did. However, to claim what you just did inb a response to me, might add that you did mention you made more power with the M62 on a Mustang dyno (post #221), and that you do have a LS4 TB (post #226). And how is saying that a tune is "whack" not saying something like "the tuner can't tune." Isn't that calling out a tuner? That is how I interpretted (sp?) it. It may have not been your intention, but that is the message I received. But, as far as I'm concerned, enough has been said already.

However, as far as it goes, I'm willing to agree that we are not seeing eye-to-eye on something. And, if you wish to continue this bickering you shoot me a PM. I'm not about to wreck the integrity of this thread anymore. It has been done enough by the both of us. Feel free to send it in English or French. I can read both just fine.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:44 PM

I think the CTI header will do well also. Gotta rep a company from my home state. Alot of people from N.E. run their stuff. I've only heard good things about their products. Clear Image should do very well and pacesetter will most likely be the best bang for the buck. Cant wait to see more results...keep up the great work deathscythe!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Deathscythe
Or you could just wait about two weeks..., just kidding. But that's the next one due up.
But were they running the M62, or the TVS? That's why I'm interested in the thread. I think it would be nice to see how the numbers add up. Of course, the TVS is gonna produce more total power, but I think it would give a nice indication where you might see the most gain, i.e, is the Clear Image just as beneficial with the TVS, or mostly for the M62?
Old 08-10-2009, 08:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

The head was ported by m2race. It's the same company that ottp uses. The flow numbers are on their site. I have to go back and take a look at your recommendation again. After getting a chance to closely observe the header, I'd feel bad to sell this header to someone else. That's not good business. The header could be fixed, but it's going to take some time.

Have you considered sending your pacesetter out here if I can't get anyone else to get onboard with one?
deathscythe good work and thank you for spending all your money to help out guys.

I have gone through hahn shorty header to 2.5 exhaust, Vibrant long tube to 2.5 exhaust and now have CTI with a full 3 inch exhaust. The hahn needed fixing the primaries did not match the flange port. I fixed it and sold it. The Vibrant was pretty good but only 2.5 so I sold it. The CTI is pretty good but the firewall bolt that holds the tunnel heat shield in place has tobe trimmed to clear the flex. The only thing that worries me is the CTI does not have equal length primaries. I think Pacesetter may win your test, but I am seriously interested in your results and thank you again for your worthy efforts.

JBP bunch of bananas bs? massive FAIL.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:16 PM

hey DS, we need to talk about getting mine out there. i need a header to use in the meantime though. its a ball and socket connection at the end.

and just to clarify i will not use the JBP in the meantime LOL
Old 08-10-2009, 08:33 PM

lmao^
Old 08-10-2009, 08:48 PM

Hey Stu, be careful with your spelling of the location in your info. Apparently, according to a 1881 Proclamation, it is illegal to misspell and/or pronounce the spelling of that state.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:02 PM

so i've been following your thread deathscythe. I think what your doing is AWESOME! Also, i was wondering if you have had anybody send you a pacesetter header? I just went turbo and have mine sitting for sale in the garage (100 plus shipping for anybody interested ).

I'd be willing to let you use it as long as i get it back lol... The thing is, its been modified so that the header outlet to the downpipe is a full 3 inches, so it would bolt up to my 3" downpipe.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:23 PM

So who dynoed the jbp vortex? Any vids or pics of the dyno sheet? Thanks
Old 08-10-2009, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by bowtie32
lol not the brightest bulb in the chandelier eh?
Old 08-10-2009, 09:34 PM

Why dont you just actually read the thread and you could find that out for yourself.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:39 PM

wow...
Old 08-10-2009, 09:45 PM

pacesetter FTW

Last edited by hungryhip-ccp; 08-10-2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-10-2009, 10:06 PM

I have. All you guys are on a bandwagon against jbp and thats fine. Just reassurance and others who have dynoed the header is better. Most are saying paceheader over CIA and Hahn. Ok let's be real.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:13 PM

I have. All you guys are on a bandwagon against jbp and thats fine. Just reassurance and others who have dynoed the header is better. Most are saying paceheader over CIA and Hahn. Ok let's be real.
go to jbp's shop, then report back on your opinions of anything they put out.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
hey DS, we need to talk about getting mine out there. i need a header to use in the meantime though. its a ball and socket connection at the end.

and just to clarify i will not use the JBP in the meantime LOL
I got you. You'll get a pm tonight. And it'll be easier to do yours. I just have to send you my cia header. I got the 4-1 so it'll be an easy fit.

And anyone else that has one that they'd like to donate for what I'm doing, please send me your info in a pm, and I'll respond, preferably with a call.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:25 PM

I got you. You'll get a pm tonight. And it'll be easier to do yours. I just have to send you my cia header. I got the 4-1 so it'll be an easy fit.

And anyone else that has one that they'd like to donate for what I'm doing, please send me your info in a pm, and I'll respond, preferably with a call.
i will be getting it back right?
Old 08-10-2009, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltguy889
so i've been following your thread deathscythe. I think what your doing is AWESOME! Also, i was wondering if you have had anybody send you a pacesetter header? I just went turbo and have mine sitting for sale in the garage (100 plus shipping for anybody interested ).

I'd be willing to let you use it as long as i get it back lol... The thing is, its been modified so that the header outlet to the downpipe is a full 3 inches, so it would bolt up to my 3" downpipe.
That's great! You would be getting it back, in the condition I received it in. I don't feel like ruining my rep on here is worth a couple hundred bucks.

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
i will be getting it back right?
Yeah Stu, you'd get it back. Promise.

Originally Posted by qwikredline
deathscythe good work and thank you for spending all your money to help out guys.

I have gone through hahn shorty header to 2.5 exhaust, Vibrant long tube to 2.5 exhaust and now have CTI with a full 3 inch exhaust. The hahn needed fixing the primaries did not match the flange port. I fixed it and sold it. The Vibrant was pretty good but only 2.5 so I sold it. The CTI is pretty good but the firewall bolt that holds the tunnel heat shield in place has tobe trimmed to clear the flex. The only thing that worries me is the CTI does not have equal length primaries. I think Pacesetter may win your test, but I am seriously interested in your results and thank you again for your worthy efforts.

JBP bunch of bananas bs? massive FAIL.
It hasn't been cheap, but it's been fun to do. I know that you and Joe have had quite a few conversations in the past, your info and your mounts have become invaluable to me. One thing I go by is that a sense of accomplishment is never achieved by taking the easy route. Thank you for stopping in.

Last edited by Deathscythe; 08-10-2009 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-10-2009, 11:20 PM

Yeah thanks deathscyth. For all ur help.

Quick Reply: Enthusiasts and vendors alike... header testing inside!