2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Exhaust Suggestions! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Vander Nars
The one that is wrong here is you, and the 2.5 vs 3 is about catbacks not downpipes.

u can go read the website if you like, says at the bottom works very well with N/A setup.
here is a link ZZPerformance - 2.5 inch Stainless Cobalt/Ion Downpipe #

and the 3" says intended for supercharged engines. here that link also ZZPerformance - 3 inch Stainless Cobalt/Ion Downpipe #
Not saying the website is wrong just saying the 3 inch is not intened for sssc
I had both and I like the 2.5 inch one better
Did you test them? Zzp never showed any proof that I seen that shows your theory. L
Old 12-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Staged07SS
Nope.

I'm saying that I want proof that a 3" is better.

I've tested all different sized downpipes on my car 2.5, 2.75" & 3", and I can tell you from experience there wasnt much difference between any of them.

You directly said 3" is better. Where is your proof?

I said both work well, because they will. I'm not saying one is better than the other like you.
The proof is the website, where is your proof?
Old 12-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blowncavy
Not saying the website is wrong just saying the 3 inch is not intened for sssc
I had both and I like the 2.5 inch one better
Did you test them? Zzp never showed any proof that I seen that shows your theory. L
so your not saying the website is wrong, but your saying the 3in is not intended for the ss sc? ok that ******* made no sense. If your stance is that the 3in is not intended for the sc then you're saying the website is wrong since the site says it is intended for the sc. What you like and what is proven better are completely different things.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
The proof is the website, where is your proof?
Haha....

Where on the website does it say a 3" downpipe is better??

My proof? Why do I need proof I'm not the one saying one is better than the other like you.

I already told you I have tested every size downpipe for the LSJ so far and noticed no power difference between any of them (just sound). I have owned the CTI 3" catted downpipe, Random tech 2.75" catted downpipe, and ZZP 2.5" downpipe. I have even tried the catless route as well.

You may ask why i have had so any downpipes.... Well, I'm in to performing my own tests and finding which setup is best for my car. I do not follow trends, and go by peoples opinions on a car forum where the average age is 20.

Last edited by Staged07SS; 12-02-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Banned

You believe everything you read? Haha
Im looking for dyno sheets not what someone said.

Also I said that I wasnt saying I didn't beleive you about the website.
You was trying to state that I was not beleivn you about the website.

So Im waiting for some dyno sheets
Old 12-02-2011, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a cav2 header, zzp 3" catless dp, to a 2.5" mandrel bent cat back with a borla muffler... It sounds awesome decelerating and I have gotten compliments of it WOT. Only problem is when cruising theres a quick bit of rasp that hits at 3500rpm for a second or 2.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

From ZZP's Website: (See comments next to BOLD font)

Our downpipes are made from 304 stainless steel. No worries about rusting or paint flaking off. It costs a little more but we feel it's worth it. All welding is done to the strictest of standards and bears a professional finish. Weld quality is higher than any other downpipe manufacture. We promise our welds to be 100% leak free. Even the flanges are stainless, which isn't something most companies can say. When shopping around, ask if the downpipe is 100% 304 stainless, ask for a close up shop of their weld. You'll know right away, what true quality is and what it isn't.

Seen below, the stock pipe narrows down to a 2" hole before lowering into the cat. This is very restrictive, causes KR and a loss of HP.

Our 2.5" stainless, bolt in offroad pipes remove all of the stock downpipe restrictions. No more 2" inlet, no more O2 bung dimple, no more Cat. By doing so gains of over 15HP can be had along with a substantial drop in KR.
Most users can drop a pulley size after adding our downpipe. <- I didn't know N/A cars drop pulley sizes

Available in multiple configurations.

2.5" weld in version has a straight 2.5" pipe exit and requires welding to a custom exhaust system.

2.5" bolt in mates to the stock or 2.5" cat back exhaust system without any welding.

*Shipping charges are based on dimensional weight

** Eliminating the cat requires PCM programming for rear o2 code deletes (offroad downpipes).

***Running with no cat(offroad) is not street legal and is for off road use only!

Works in 2.0, 2.2, and 2.4 liter applications! <- Works for all Cobalt Applications hmmm.

This 2.5" downpipe works very well with NA setups. <- Yes works well, does not say intended
Old 12-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Banned

Haha....

Where on the website does it say a 3" downpipe is better??

My proof? Why do I need proof I'm not the one saying one is better than the other like you.

I already told you I have tested every size downpipe for the LSJ so far and noticed no power difference between any of them (just sound). I have owned the CTI 3" catted downpipe, Random tech 2.75" catted downpipe, and ZZP 2.5" downpipe. I have even tried the catless route as well.

You may ask why i have had so any downpipes.... Well, I'm in to performing my own tests and finding which setup is best for my car. I do not follow trends, and go by peoples opinions on a car forum where the average age is 20.
U got any dyno sheets from this test or was it based on guessing and what u thought was better?
Old 12-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Banned

Staged07 is the man
Old 12-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Banned

From ZZP's Website: (See comments next to BOLD font)

Our downpipes are made from 304 stainless steel. No worries about rusting or paint flaking off. It costs a little more but we feel it's worth it. All welding is done to the strictest of standards and bears a professional finish. Weld quality is higher than any other downpipe manufacture. We promise our welds to be 100% leak free. Even the flanges are stainless, which isn't something most companies can say. When shopping around, ask if the downpipe is 100% 304 stainless, ask for a close up shop of their weld. You'll know right away, what true quality is and what it isn't.

Seen below, the stock pipe narrows down to a 2" hole before lowering into the cat. This is very restrictive, causes KR and a loss of HP.

Our 2.5" stainless, bolt in offroad pipes remove all of the stock downpipe restrictions. No more 2" inlet, no more O2 bung dimple, no more Cat. By doing so gains of over 15HP can be had along with a substantial drop in KR.
Most users can drop a pulley size after adding our downpipe. <- I didn't know N/A cars drop pulley sizes

2.5" weld in version has a straight 2.5" pipe exit and requires welding to a custom exhaust system.

2.5" bolt in mates to the stock or 2.5" cat back exhaust system without any welding.

** Eliminating the cat requires PCM programming for rear o2 code deletes (offroad downpipes).

***Running with no cat(offroad) is not street legal and is for off road use only!

Works in 2.0, 2.2, and 2.4 liter applications! <- Works for all Cobalt Applications hmmm.

This 2.5" downpipe works very well with NA setups. <- Yes works well, does not say intended
Nice now quote the 3in one that does say intended for sc setup
Old 12-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

U got any dyno sheets from this test or was it based on guessing and what u thought was better?
My tests were performed via logs from my interceptor.

Airflow readings, KR, how much timing advance I could run, etc....

I saw very little change between any of the different size downpipes I've owned.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Banned

My tests were performed via logs from my interceptor.

Airflow readings, KR, how much timing advance I could run, etc....

I saw very little change between any of the different size downpipes I've owned.
Post logs?
Old 12-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Post logs?
My logs are in a hand written journel from my interceptor recordings.

I do not have HPT where I can just post screen shots.

I will not take the time to upload them in an excel file to prove these things to you.

You have already shown me through your arguments that you are very new to this platform, and are still learning.

Nice now quote the 3in one that does say intended for sc setup
I never said it wasnt.

That's because you would be a jackass to run a 3" downpipe on a N/A car.

There is more to exhuast systems than size.

Let me ask you this.... Have you ever taken a fluid design class??

Last edited by Staged07SS; 12-02-2011 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Banned

Iv never taking a tap dacing class either but that dont have anything to do with reading. This is pointless iv never said 2.5 cant be used im just saying the 3in is better and was designed for this setup.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Banned

My logs are in a hand written journel from my interceptor recordings.

I do not have HPT where I can just post screen shots.

I will not take the time to upload them in an excel file to prove these things to you.

You have already shown me through your arguments that you are very new to this platform, and are still learning.

I never said it wasnt.

So u dont have any logs, pretty much what i thought
Old 12-02-2011, 02:55 PM

My lo
im surprised you've gone on this long
Old 12-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Banned

The 3 inch was NOT designed for an sc setup
Also your trying to flip the script around here. I ask you for proof(dyno sheets,logs) now your trying to turn it around haha
Funny but Im done with arguing with you. You must be a little kid
Old 12-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Iv never taking a tap dacing class either but that dont have anything to do with reading. This is pointless iv never said 2.5 cant be used im just saying the 3in is better and was designed for this setup.
I'm not getting anywhere with you....

How about this.... You enjoy your setup and what you think is best for your car?

There is nothing else to argue.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Banned

Also your trying to flip the script around here. I ask you for proof(dyno sheets,logs) now your trying to turn it around haha
Its ok the site end of story
Old 12-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

So u dont have any logs, pretty much what i thought
Haha reading is greater than you....

I said I have a journel full of hand written logs.

Logging on an interceptor is different than having a program that can record screen shots.

I will not take the time to insert them into excel and upload on here just for you.

I can take a picture of my log notebook for you though, hows that? haha

Originally Posted by RooTBeeR
im surprised you've gone on this long
I don't know why I did man, but i sure passed some time at work, haha.

Last edited by Staged07SS; 12-02-2011 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-02-2011, 03:01 PM

>_<

smh :facepalm:

that is all
Old 12-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Platinum Member

Really? Not designed for S/C engines? Lets check with the ZZP description shall we:

"No worries about rusting or paint flaking off. It costs a little more but we feel it's worth it. All welding is done to the strictest of standards and bears a professional finish. Weld quality is higher than any other downpipe manufacture and a sample of one of our welds can be seen here: WELD We promise our welds to be 100% leak free. Even the flanges are stainless, which isn't something most companies can say. When shopping around, ask if the downpipe is 100% 304 stainless, ask for a close up shop of their weld. You'll know right away, what true quality is and what it isn't.

Our 3" stainless, bolt in offroad pipes remove all of the stock downpipe restrictions. No more 2" inlet, no more O2 bung dimple, no more Cat. By doing so gains of over 15HP can be had along with a substantial drop in KR. Most users can drop a pulley size after adding our downpipe.

3" weld in version has a straight 3" pipe exit and requires welding to a custom exhaust system.

2.5" bolt in uses a 3" downpipe and reduces to 2.5" flange at the tail section so it can bolt up to a stock or 2.5" catback.

3" bolt in mates to our 3" cat back exhaust system without any welding.

** Eliminating the cat(offroad) requires PCM programming for rear o2 code deletes.

***Running with no cat is not street legal and is for off road use only!

More intended for supercharged engines!"
Old 12-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Banned

I'm not getting anywhere with you....

How about this.... You enjoy your setup and what you think is best for your car?

There is nothing else to argue.
I was enjoying my setup, matter of fact i didnt even say anything to u till u came at me wanting proof so i just asked u for the same thing. Either way both work and honestly i was just trolling u for last 8 post i still think the 3 in is best because why would zzp design it if 2.5 was better? And even make the statement of intended for sc in the info of the item
Old 12-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Banned

"MORE"
Doesn't mean **** to me
Old 12-02-2011, 03:10 PM

"MORE"
Doesn't mean **** to me
what other ecotec sites are you one?

Quick Reply: Exhaust Suggestions! Help!