GM STAGE KITs FAQs - Read Me First! - Page 14 - Cobalt SS Network

Go Back  Cobalt SS Network > Engine Technical Discussion > 2.0L LSJ Performance Tech
GM STAGE KITs FAQs - Read Me First! >

GM STAGE KITs FAQs - Read Me First!

2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

GM STAGE KITs FAQs - Read Me First!

Old 06-06-2007, 11:26 PM

Stage 3 100 octane mode: Well just filled up with the 100 octane and it was kinda funny the nosel for the pump would not fit the hole it pushed open the flap luckaly. I put in half a tank . Tuned on the adjustable rev limit then set the 100 octane mode and it's kind weird to see the shift light to indicate the 100 octane mode . I have never seen the light before.

So I can feel the diifference in the 10 extra hp and the shifting seems to be easier and when I step on it in 1st gear at a 4000rpm roll it just spins the tires. Second gear getting on it from a 40 mph roll it crazy . It screams and starts to spinn the tires. I can't wait till I hit the track.
$30 for a half tank of gas ouch .. won't be doing it all the time but just enough every once in a while.

poly mounts are oin and man the vibrations are bad hopefully they will go away.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:12 AM

Lightbulb Installing Stage II abroad

Hi there,

Glad to be here, this is my first post !

I have just bought a 2005 Cobalt SS/S and it will arrive in about 3 weeks. Now I've been reading a lot about the Stage II kit and I really want to install this upgrade.

My local Chevy dealer doesn’t' even import Cobalts and they don't offer support for imported Chevy's...

Now my question is:

If I order the Stage II and get a skilful mechanic to install it for me, how should I go about reflashing the system? I mean is it a standard number/code? Should I call the US and ask? What if they don't offer support to Chevy that have been exported?

I hope there is a way to get this done

I'm just asking this before I go ahead a buy the kit. Maybe some of you can give me some good advice as I've noticed you've been giving a lot of them in this thread

Thanks in advance my fellow Cobalt SS/S enthusiasts

Old 06-07-2007, 08:56 AM

The reflash must be done by the dealership because they down load the software from the tech support line and into the scan tool to reflash the computer in your car. You can do the install yourself it's no that hard but you will only get the parts warranty instead of parts and labor warranty if you were to go to the dealership for them to install.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:33 AM

Question.... What can I do if the dealership threw away the paperwork with the Stage2 Kit Code on it and didnt flash the computer correctly? GM wont give them the VCI# with out the code that came with the kit? I see on the first page or so that there is a Part number for the flash for 05-06...anyone have one for an 07? Im really up $hit creek here... I got everything back from them except the paperwork. Any help Please PM me.. thanks..
Old 06-09-2007, 03:36 AM
Premium Member

Assuming everything transpired as you've indicated, and the dealer ordered and installed the kit should be THEIR problem.
(BUT If YOU provided an open box kit you purchased elsewhere or on-line it could be argued YOU lost the instruction sheet with serial number)
Best case scenario, the dealer will accept responsibility and purchase another kit for you and use the serial number for the new kit.
Worst case scenario YOU will have to purchase another kit
Good Luck
Wop
Old 06-09-2007, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by WopOnTour View Post
Assuming everything transpired as you've indicated, and the dealer ordered and installed the kit should be THEIR problem.
(BUT If YOU provided an open box kit you purchased elsewhere or on-line it could be argued YOU lost the instruction sheet with serial number)
Best case scenario, the dealer will accept responsibility and purchase another kit for you and use the serial number for the new kit.
Worst case scenario YOU will have to purchase another kit
Good Luck
Wop
Thats not what I wanted to hear..haha..
I brought it to them opened.. They are giving me crap because they are saying its "aftermarket" because I didnt buy it from GM. I looked around there are no Aftermarket Stage2Kits for this.. its a manufacturer part only.. Unless you wanna piece together one which I didnt. So Im going to have to spend another $600 just for a Fn code? because the dealership screwed up? they said that they never needed a VCI# before when doing the Reflash. and as we all know GM wont give them the VCI# with out the code from the Kit. This blows that THEY Fd up and I get screwed.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Platinum Member

it sounds like you are going to need to find someone near you with HP tuners and have them tune your car. the good news is that if the person doing the tune knows what they are doing you will end up with a better tune then what you would get from GM
Old 06-09-2007, 02:50 PM

I was thinking that... Anyone in the North Jersey Paterson/Clifton or surrounding area with HP tuners?
Old 06-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

im confused, is it or is it not installed, from what im reading its not, but your signature says it is?!
Old 06-09-2007, 09:54 PM

the parts are installed and they gave it some BS flash.
that they thought was a Stage2 Flash.
They said they have done 12 Stage2Kits and have only called the tech line for the first one.
2 days after the Parts were installed it threw a Code. P0172. Running Rich Bank1.
So yes the pully, injectors, and Belt are all on. only thing missing is the Actual Flash for the Kit that I have.
And the ONLY reason I questioned it was because I got on it good one day while on lunch, to see the redline and BANG 6500..buck buck...not 7K like its supposed to be.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:18 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

id call that bullshit place up and say either your fixing this or my car is coming thru the front door of your office.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:03 AM

lol 07
Old 06-11-2007, 12:05 AM

Lightbulb So basically I'm f*cked :(

Originally Posted by Degashoot View Post
Hi there,

Glad to be here, this is my first post !

I have just bought a 2005 Cobalt SS/S and it will arrive in about 3 weeks. Now I've been reading a lot about the Stage II kit and I really want to install this upgrade.

My local Chevy dealer doesn’t' even import Cobalts and they don't offer support for imported Chevy's...

Now my question is:

If I order the Stage II and get a skilful mechanic to install it for me, how should I go about reflashing the system? I mean is it a standard number/code? Should I call the US and ask? What if they don't offer support to Chevy that have been exported?

I hope there is a way to get this done

I'm just asking this before I go ahead a buy the kit. Maybe some of you can give me some good advice as I've noticed you've been giving a lot of them in this thread

Thanks in advance my fellow Cobalt SS/S enthusiasts

Originally Posted by BCobaltSS View Post
The reflash must be done by the dealership because they down load the software from the tech support line and into the scan tool to reflash the computer in your car. You can do the install yourself it's no that hard but you will only get the parts warranty instead of parts and labor warranty if you were to go to the dealership for them to install.
If I understood you correctly, basically I'm f*cked

My local dealer doesn't support imported cars so there is no way to get them to reflash my CPM. What a bummer, I really wanted to buy and intsall the Stage II. I will try searching for more info on this matter before I give up on it

Thanks for the help !!

If anyone knows more info about this issue, please let me know !
Old 06-27-2007, 04:14 PM

Used Stage II kit

I bought a used stage II kit from a friend. Got it installed and now gm wont give up an vci number. Can somebody PLEASE help me on this. Is it ok to drive it without the flash??
Old 07-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Banned

So if i buy S1 i have to take it to the dealership so they can reflash it correct?
Old 07-02-2007, 11:44 PM

Stage Kit Identification

I purchased my 2005 SS/SC back in November of 2006 and I love it. Having bought the car used, I don't know if the car has a stage I kit installed or not. I know it doesn't have a stage II kit because it is still running the stock pulley. Here's the dilema: I took the car in for service due to a couple known electrical glitches. When the car was in, they flashed the ECM with an upgraded program. Ever since the flash was done, the car doesn't seem to have near the performance. The dealer tells me there is no going back and they don't seem to think there is a problem. I think the car has a stage I kit installed and they flashed the ECM with the "regular" program. Power and torque don't seem to appear until around 3000rpm now. I have noticed that my friend's stage II kit has black injectors and my car has bright green injectors if that helps.

Can anyone tell me how to identify a stage I kit?? The dealerships don't seem to be able to tell me.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by moedeenterprises View Post
I bought a used stage II kit from a friend. Got it installed and now gm wont give up an vci number. Can somebody PLEASE help me on this. Is it ok to drive it without the flash??
No, don't drive it without the flash. Sorry can't help with the GM problem.

Originally Posted by K-Man View Post
Can anyone tell me how to identify a stage I kit?? The dealerships don't seem to be able to tell me.
Look for the blue bolts on the pulley? I think that is a way to check.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:54 AM

i have stock injectors and there green also so you probably dont have astage kit the 42lb injectors are normally silver or white
Old 07-16-2007, 04:37 AM

GM Stage 3 FAQ ...

Old 07-25-2007, 01:47 AM

No warranty on stage 3! Looks like Ill be going with stage 2. Ill have my warranty and eat it too!
Old 07-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

I have a 2007 with Stage 3 pulley and am doing the dpic and wont have any problems.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:16 PM

hey i just bought a 3.25 pulley and they wont give me a belt size without buyying the full kit so i cant find any belts so if anyone has any ides that would help out alot
Old 07-28-2007, 04:16 PM

How do you know where your redline is after you install your stage 2 kit?
Old 07-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

bc/ss why would you buy that pulley? thats the stock size.

baltss - your redline should be at 7k after stage 2 install
Old 07-29-2007, 06:55 AM

can you have stage 2 and switch between stage 3 and back to stage 2 with a/c

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GM STAGE KITs FAQs - Read Me First!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.