2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

My "Large" ZZP Parts Order I'm About to Fire Off - Comments?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 01:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Haven07
If your planning to go turbo then just wait and go turbo, don't even bother dicking around with the supercharger. When all is said and done you still got to install the parts, tune for them then when you decide it's time to turbo, your gonna have to uninstall everything part it out for half of what you paid , then get the turbo set-up Yada Yada Yada....

If you really need something to satisfy you before going turbo I'd go with bigger injectors, option b, maybe a smaller pulley, and meth. A ported head could do wonders but might as well do cams at the same time so id wait on that, again if you are certain you want to go turbo.

If you were planning to go tvs on the other hand that changed things a bit
TVS does sound good now... God damnit, thought I'd have this figured out. Now, I'm confused as ever.

I would eventually like to do turbo, as well, because I want the experience, and cars are my passion. Money isn't a problem because I've got this car paid off, I worked long hours, and got into a good position after 8 years. It's time to fulfill the God damn passion my friend!

Besides, putting $10k into a Cobalt that I own, is STILL a better idea, than buying the car I'd buy on impulse and depreciating it more than that in a damn year, right?
Old 07-30-2014, 02:26 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by boostbalt
TVS does sound good now... God damnit, thought I'd have this figured out. Now, I'm confused as ever.
I haven't started modding anything yet because I haven't figured out which way I want to go. I am going to start with a basic fmhe, option b, phenolic spacer, and dual pass. but the question is, turbo, tvs, or twin charge?
haven't seen a lot of twin charge set ups. and I like being different.
Just sitting here reading comments, seeing peoples build threads, its like HOLY CRAP I WANT!
LMAO
Old 07-30-2014, 02:57 AM

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by goaliemo
I haven't started modding anything yet because I haven't figured out which way I want to go. I am going to start with a basic fmhe, option b, phenolic spacer, and dual pass. but the question is, turbo, tvs, or twin charge?
haven't seen a lot of twin charge set ups. and I like being different.
Just sitting here reading comments, seeing peoples build threads, its like HOLY CRAP I WANT!
LMAO
I've heard twin charge set-ups are difficult to tune and with today's turbos already spooling so fast, the supercharger isn't needed, it's one or the other. If you want to be unique run an oddball like the mp90 or tvs 1900, or there's always the hybrid engine build, or could swap the engine into another platform. That or try to push the boundaries further that others have set.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:16 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Haven07
I've heard twin charge set-ups are difficult to tune and with today's turbos already spooling so fast, the supercharger isn't needed, it's one or the other. If you want to be unique run an oddball like the mp90 or tvs 1900, or there's always the hybrid engine build, or could swap the engine into another platform. That or try to push the boundaries further that others have set.
That is interesting. I read a few things over on RLF about a twin charge set up. May just stick to the supercharger then, and go with an oddball. Especially if the tune is hard to dial in, it could cause more issues then im ready to deal with.
Still all on the drawing board. But thank you for the input.

And I did not mean to thread jack OP, sorry!
Old 07-30-2014, 07:16 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
twincharging is a waste of time.

Either go turbo, slap a tvs on there, or spray with the M62 if you want some nice power.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread is making my head spin. Pick a direction and order the parts. For a dd I recommend the TVS. I miss mine sometimes. Not as much power as I have now but it was snappy and reliable
Old 07-30-2014, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by 574
Everything mrb said.

But for just a weekend warrior I'd still add a ported head from lsjion, an ATI and some stage 3 cams
the ati and head was mentioned and you need to get out of the staged mentality

Originally Posted by Spawne32
Why would you say cooling mods arent needed when its already been proven that the dual pass and option B along with a good heat exchanger improve efficiency of the supercharger system astronomically.
the dual pass does not do **** for max temp 140deg is a 40deg the dual pass is good for recovery that's where it shines if you want to have better max temp control add capacity

Originally Posted by JapEatr
Buy a griffen
Originally Posted by JapEatr
Why not buy tvs and injectors?
dam good ideas
Old 07-30-2014, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mrbelvedere
the ati and head was mentioned and you need to get out of the staged mentality

the dual pass does not do **** for max temp 140deg is a 40deg the dual pass is good for recovery that's where it shines if you want to have better max temp control add capacity

dam good ideas
I am aware of that, but you dont think that is beneficial?
Old 07-30-2014, 11:24 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Yes, it is very beneficial for quick recovery.

Frig all out temps, as long as it recovers quick after repeated pulls is where it's at.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
depends on what kind of racing you do ive considered trying the dual pass again on a new manifold just to see the last time I used it I did not see much if a difference
Old 07-30-2014, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by 574
This thread is making my head spin. Pick a direction and order the parts. For a dd I recommend the TVS. I miss mine sometimes. Not as much power as I have now but it was snappy and reliable
LOL, well the point of the thread was exactly as it played out.

So, don't see the issue bro.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a vibrant performance header and downpipe for sale. if you want a real quality exhaust set up
Old 08-29-2014, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by lnhetzner
I have a vibrant performance header and downpipe for sale. if you want a real quality exhaust set up
Well, I'm still looking for a non-leaking solution. Everything I heard about the stuff I picked was "LEAKS". I don't want that.

Is this a different design? Thank you! I'm interested.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not really a different design it's more just an extremely well made part. Pm your number and I'll send you pictures of anything about the header and down pipe you'd like to see.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by lnhetzner
It's not really a different design it's more just an extremely well made part. Pm your number and I'll send you pictures of anything about the header and down pipe you'd like to see.
Done
Old 09-04-2014, 11:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have you started this or did I over read it