2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Official Procharger Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chevytech007
And the 2.0l will make more power due to the fact that the intake manifold will hold boost! ha ha ha

Originally Posted by Jackalope
Oh God.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:54 PM

Sounds kind of neat.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
i could talk to a couple of techs at ATI/Procharger themselves and see what the word is. if they would be interested in making a kit
dude all u need is the right bracket - **** get a 2.4 to speedmafia in denver so he can see if his existing bracket fits and who knows, the 2.2 kit they make may just slap right into the 2.4.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:20 PM

speed mafia is who I am working with! He doesnt have the brackets for cobalts yet! Im helping him make the kit with my ss.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:25 PM

im interested write up a price and ill let you know more
Old 06-01-2007, 03:31 PM

I would def. be interested in this swap! Get an estimated price for it and let us all know for sure man.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:02 PM

It hard to say right know but his other kit for the ion is 3125 but it has no tuning or injectors.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so this procharger kit woll def fit our cars...is a procharger? a suoercharger
Old 06-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by chevytech007
speed mafia is who I am working with! He doesnt have the brackets for cobalts yet! Im helping him make the kit with my ss.
im friends with a few of the techs at ATi. since they are here in kc. it makes things much easier
Old 06-01-2007, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmys2007CobaltSS/C
so this procharger kit woll def fit our cars...is a procharger? a suoercharger
yes. it's a centrifugal supercharger
Old 06-01-2007, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by bc3tech
yes. it's a centrifugal supercharger
Prochargers are nice, at least in the Fbody world. I've never seen one on a 4banger though.

I'm kind of surprised Powerdyne didn't jump into the sport compact scene? Seeing they make sc's for smaller engines as well as v8's
Old 06-01-2007, 05:11 PM

If I had the $$ I would switch no questions asked.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:36 PM

Thought i would chime in really quick...

The goal and idea of this is to take advantage of the 2.0L LSJ setup and make it work to our advantage...

These advantages i believe are HEAT, RPM, CFM, Reliability, and Hassle Free installation.

Heat: as many ss/sc guys know if you do a hard pull or HOT LAP in your 2.0L if you where even to think of touching the blower (eaton) you will burn your hand and we all know heat is an enemy of the motor and SC in general... so what ProCharger has over many SC is for one its a Centrifual design plus it being Self Contained you are killing heat soak as it sits off to the side of the engine, Plus utilizing the stock SS/SC intercooling design with an Ice box (still kicking around the idea) we can get below ambient outside air temps and that will provide a very aggressive tune in timing advancing and fuel leaning. I will use BC3Tech as an example...when he was out here we installed his SC in 1 day...yes 1 day...and we did pull after pull after pull and we where able to pull over...pop the hood. and put our hand on the blower and yes it was a little hot but but with the FMIC the temps where about 10 degrees over out side temps...So we have that to our advantage right there....

RPM:as some of you guys know a centrifugal sc is all about rpm with more rpm you make more boost and with more boost comes more rpm...So i believe where the ProCharger is going to achieve a higher gain is when the roots is running out or rpm the ProCharger is just warming up...and since the 2.0L loves high rpms that only means the blower will be at its peak performance.

CFM:The Procharger impeller design and gearing will provide all the cfm we will need and another example is with BC3Techs he is running a huge 3.45" pulley and making 10psi solid so we can go down as low as 2.55" and customer pulley as low as 2.25" (don't recommend spinning blower at its max = heat)

Reliability: ProChargers design is all billet and everything about it is billet so not only is it strong but it extracts heat very nicely! They offer a 1 year warranty on the blower so if those that do want to run a 2.55" pulley it should be covered.

Hassle Free: the kit should be as simple as...take off your eaton (slap it on ebay get some money for tuning or gauges or to spend on more goodies) and slap on a adapter plate where the old SC would be and mount the bracket, head unit,piping, air filter, and bov...done! Then fun tuning for less heat and more rpm

My final thoughts about this kit and design and everything...i have been running prochargers since 1991 (i had on my vette) and i can say i ran nitrous (super fun but bottle kept running out ) i have ran roots SC and other Centrifugal SC and out of all of it i will go Procharger any day....It is very simple to maintain, love the sound, and it can take a damn beating! as for power...sky is the limit and when tuned right it pulls all the way throught the rpm in fact ATI ProCharger has a disclaimer stating that they are not liable for people that over rev there car as the rpm start climbing so does boost and as boost rises you will start to jump up the rpm ladder and it does not care about 6krpm or 7krpm or 11krpm it will spin till it fails on its self or the motor fails...it is very aggressive when tuned right and boost levels are high...i would say right around 10+psi it starts to get warmed up! Also i feel for the money it is a great investment...i have friends that go turbo and i have seen them go through 3 different turbos to get what they want...with a procharger 1 head unit will do it all need more boost, run a smaller pulley...need less boost run a bigger pulley...etc...want to get sick...run a cog belt setup! So speaking from experience and i have seen what they can do...procharger all the way...

So there you have it...flame way or give props but it is all food for thought...and for the guys that do end up going ProCharged on the ss/sc all i can say...enjoy!

Bc3tech do you still have some vids of your car and the whine old girl puts out? Also i think BC3Tech already mentioned he put down 190whp with a bad tune...i think with a clean tune from say SCT or Diablo Sport 212whp is going to be very simple!

Also i am very excited to be working with the guys in Cali as they seem to know allot about the ss/sc cars and so i am sure the numbers will be worth bragging about!
Old 06-01-2007, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Speed Mafia
Thought i would chime in really quick...

The goal and idea of this is to take advantage of the 2.0L LSJ setup and make it work to our advantage...

These advantages i believe are HEAT, RPM, CFM, Reliability, and Hassle Free installation.

Heat: as many ss/sc guys know if you do a hard pull or HOT LAP in your 2.0L if you where even to think of touching the blower (eaton) you will burn your hand and we all know heat is an enemy of the motor and SC in general... so what ProCharger has over many SC is for one its a Centrifual design plus it being Self Contained you are killing heat soak as it sits off to the side of the engine, Plus utilizing the stock SS/SC intercooling design with an Ice box (still kicking around the idea) we can get below ambient outside air temps and that will provide a very aggressive tune in timing advancing and fuel leaning. I will use BC3Tech as an example...when he was out here we installed his SC in 1 day...yes 1 day...and we did pull after pull after pull and we where able to pull over...pop the hood. and put our hand on the blower and yes it was a little hot but but with the FMIC the temps where about 10 degrees over out side temps...So we have that to our advantage right there....

RPM:as some of you guys know a centrifugal sc is all about rpm with more rpm you make more boost and with more boost comes more rpm...So i believe where the ProCharger is going to achieve a higher gain is when the roots is running out or rpm the ProCharger is just warming up...and since the 2.0L loves high rpms that only means the blower will be at its peak performance.

CFM:The Procharger impeller design and gearing will provide all the cfm we will need and another example is with BC3Techs he is running a huge 3.45" pulley and making 10psi solid so we can go down as low as 2.55" and customer pulley as low as 2.25" (don't recommend spinning blower at its max = heat)

Reliability: ProChargers design is all billet and everything about it is billet so not only is it strong but it extracts heat very nicely! They offer a 1 year warranty on the blower so if those that do want to run a 2.55" pulley it should be covered.

Hassle Free: the kit should be as simple as...take off your eaton (slap it on ebay get some money for tuning or gauges or to spend on more goodies) and slap on a adapter plate where the old SC would be and mount the bracket, head unit,piping, air filter, and bov...done! Then fun tuning for less heat and more rpm

My final thoughts about this kit and design and everything...i have been running prochargers since 1991 (i had on my vette) and i can say i ran nitrous (super fun but bottle kept running out ) i have ran roots SC and other Centrifugal SC and out of all of it i will go Procharger any day....It is very simple to maintain, love the sound, and it can take a damn beating! as for power...sky is the limit and when tuned right it pulls all the way throught the rpm in fact ATI ProCharger has a disclaimer stating that they are not liable for people that over rev there car as the rpm start climbing so does boost and as boost rises you will start to jump up the rpm ladder and it does not care about 6krpm or 7krpm or 11krpm it will spin till it fails on its self or the motor fails...it is very aggressive when tuned right and boost levels are high...i would say right around 10+psi it starts to get warmed up! Also i feel for the money it is a great investment...i have friends that go turbo and i have seen them go through 3 different turbos to get what they want...with a procharger 1 head unit will do it all need more boost, run a smaller pulley...need less boost run a bigger pulley...etc...want to get sick...run a cog belt setup! So speaking from experience and i have seen what they can do...procharger all the way...

So there you have it...flame way or give props but it is all food for thought...and for the guys that do end up going ProCharged on the ss/sc all i can say...enjoy!

Bc3tech do you still have some vids of your car and the whine old girl puts out? Also i think BC3Tech already mentioned he put down 190whp with a bad tune...i think with a clean tune from say SCT or Diablo Sport 212whp is going to be very simple!

Also i am very excited to be working with the guys in Cali as they seem to know allot about the ss/sc cars and so i am sure the numbers will be worth bragging about!
I'm sure it has potential. I would like to see how it turns out. As a matter of fact I was thinking about this before I ever bought my SS/SC and thought that someone could probably make a setup fairly easy.

When do you expect to be testing this out?
Old 06-01-2007, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey851
When do you expect to be testing this out?
mock up blower should be here next week or so...and bracket time shouldn't be more then a few weeks to get it cut out and tested and then we are sending it off to cali to get the piping and fitted for the SS/SC and he will take it from there
Old 06-01-2007, 06:29 PM

mock up blower should be here next week or so...and bracket time shouldn't be more then a few weeks to get it cut out and tested and then we are sending it off to cali to get the piping and fitted for the SS/SC and he will take it from there
Cool. I'll be interested to see how it works out.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey851
Cool. I'll be interested to see how it works out.
that is how i see it...i know it will be a exotic as i can already see someones face when the hood pops at a local car meet or show thinking there going to see a Roots M62 and BAM in your face a Fatty ProCharger tucked away on the drivers side! that will have people saying...what the hell is that!
Old 06-01-2007, 06:50 PM

Do you have pics of the set up, Once it has been tested i wouldnt mind taking a look at a swap.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Rent me! per hour

whats going to happen when it leaks. bearings go bad.

it's a procharger, they all do it.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
whats going to happen when it leaks. bearings go bad.

it's a procharger, they all do it.
I have had a P600B, P1SC, D-1R and installed many F1SC's and including C1SC's and non of them have leaked?

I believe seals go from lack of maintenance and over spinning the blower...but just like any product you can find fault with anything...

Originally Posted by Avrj123
Do you have pics of the set up, Once it has been tested i wouldnt mind taking a look at a swap.
Here is the process when i did the first C1SC on an ION...etc

http://www.speedmafia.com/cars/SaturnIon/

Just the blower
http://www.speedmafia.com/cars/**************/

when i get the mock up i will start and dedicate a page on the progress of this for the ss/sc and such.

Last edited by Speed Mafia; 06-01-2007 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Rent me! per hour

I have had a P600B, P1SC, D-1R and installed many F1SC's and including C1SC's and non of them have leaked?

I believe seals go from lack of maintenance and over spinning the blower...but just like any product you can find fault with anything...
i know of countless cars here in kc with ati stuff on them.

at least 75% of them have sent blowers back to get rebuilt
one had 400 miles on it. running 8 psi on a p1.
blamo, puked the bearings and started leaking. f1r's need to be rebuilt a lot, f2r's
i haven't heard anything about the f3 series yet.

i know this because half of the people i run around with have ati's on their cars. four of them are techs there, two of them are sponsored by them. the rest bought em, because the support is local {lenexa is about 10 mins away from downtown kc}

im not bashing, im just throwing this out there
Old 06-01-2007, 07:58 PM

how much would the kit cost? roughly. My brother has a p1 on his 94 camaro and that thing rips. Escpecially when in the last 2k rpm to redline. I could see a swap on our cars with a built motor being losts of fun. Car would be an animal from 5k to 8k.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Acidangel_5.0

LOLLLLLLLLL
Old 06-01-2007, 08:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i'd be VERY interested in that for my 2.4
Old 06-01-2007, 10:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would honestly be down with a procharger kit, just keep it simple and cheap. Let the cobalt owners do the tunning and supporting mods, you just supply the hardware.

Quick Reply: Official Procharger Build Thread