Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.0L LSJ Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/)
-   -   Official Turbo LSJ thread!!! (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/official-turbo-lsj-thread-258476/)

SuperChargedMA 07-21-2012 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by c130aviator (Post 6590900)
That was not what I was getting at. I will be clearer (my fault). I have spent probably 20-30K in axle swapping trucks and building jeeps. ITS A SICKNESS. I moved onto something smaller and economical. I am not trying to spend a lot on this car, that is why I have bought just about everything used. Or new unused parts. I am 32 years old and my priorities are saving and building a home. I had bought land this year and I am broke. The air force then decided it was time I move and now I have land I cant build on. Sorry for the off topic rant. But cars and trucks and mods are a huge waste of money. I see dozens of cars on ebay selling like this "30 thousand invested" then I laugh cause they are selling it for 15K. How is that investing. :r: I teach dave ramsey and well I guess he brain washed me. I get it costs but this car is going to be fast and CHEAP. LOL, Thanks for the good luck, I am going to need it. ;)

you sir are my hero. This will be the first thing I do when I get the exhaust manifold off. is "axelthered05 oil return system" a mod? it is now!

SO i need to make a short list for the local autoparts store.
3/8 npt
9/16 or 37/64 drill bit
rtv silicon
gasket maker for oil pan
copper gasket spray for manifolds
can of hairspray to act as adherent on the couplings for charge pipes
can of engine degreaser (just need it to help get gunk off while I am in there)
new oil
new coolant dex

anything I am missing?

Oh you are right, it is an absolute waste of money. You never get back what you put in. And just to be clear, I'm not bashing you for not spending the amount some of us have, or trying to gloat about what I've spent or done. I've been following your build and I applaud what you've done. Your car looks nicer and is going to be faster than most on here and yet you've spent way less.

Anyways, back on topic. Keep us updated

c130aviator 07-21-2012 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by SuperChargedMA (Post 6590914)
Oh you are right, it is an absolute waste of money. You never get back what you put in. And just to be clear, I'm not bashing you for not spending the amount some of us have, or trying to gloat about what I've spent or done. I've been following your build and I applaud what you've done. Your car looks nicer and is going to be faster than most on here and yet you've spent way less.

Anyways, back on topic. Keep us updated

Thanks and LSJ is > LNF, per your sig.

BlkWdoSS 07-22-2012 02:24 AM

Wasnt gloating or anything as well, just trying to give you an idea of what some including myself have spent to be where we are.

LSJ always > LNF most def.

Where is the land at that you are stuck with?

BTW this thread has finally reached 100 pages, happy reading for all that are looking for info and have to go thru all of them lol

jonathan923 07-22-2012 02:16 PM

^^^^:twothumbs:guns:

jhaddock21 07-22-2012 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS (Post 6586154)
Injector dynamics id1000cc's
Return style fuel system with aeromotive pressure regulator. 43psi base pressure, 68psi WOT pressure.
Walbro 255lph fuel pump

You need to get this thing on the dyno!

BLAZIN07SS 07-22-2012 03:10 PM

Soon enough. Gonna order the cams and valvesprings shortly

jhaddock21 07-22-2012 07:42 PM

Are you still going to be on stock bottom end? How does that gmpp clutch hold?

BLAZIN07SS 07-22-2012 08:48 PM

Yep still stock bottom end. Gmpp is holding like a freakin champ. I'm going for the stock lsj shortblock record held by zzp at 507whp

jhaddock21 07-22-2012 08:53 PM

Hell yea!!!

jonathan923 07-23-2012 08:53 AM

i rode in josh(blazin07ss) car on friday, and this thing left me speechless. that car hauls ass like a mofo!
it actually feels like your going 190mph down hill except your looking straight. my guess the car its easily making 450whp+ right now.

Killa SS 07-23-2012 09:08 AM

can i haz 450whp plzz :D

BLAZIN07SS 07-23-2012 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by jonathan923 (Post 6592928)
i rode in josh(blazin07ss) car on friday, and this thing left me speechless. that car hauls ass like a mofo!
it actually feels like your going 190mph down hill except your looking straight. my guess the car its easily making 450whp+ right now.

what scares me is how violent the car is :lol:

Killa SS 07-23-2012 10:17 AM

blazin, u have a build thread i can check out thats up to date on ur current mods?

BLAZIN07SS 07-23-2012 10:44 AM

i haven't updated it in the last year. i probably should though. :lol:

07LSJ 07-23-2012 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS (Post 6593095)
i haven't updated it in the last year. i probably should though. :lol:

i might go to towers this week just to see your car now :lol: jon told me how it pulls

BLAZIN07SS 07-23-2012 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Killa SS (Post 6593051)
blazin, u have a build thread i can check out thats up to date on ur current mods?

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/forc...-build-225722/

updated it

c130aviator 07-23-2012 12:26 PM

drove 8 straight hours this am without sleep. just wanted to get home to my family. Starting build tomorrow too tired and feeling sick today.

jhaddock21 07-23-2012 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS (Post 6593043)
what scares me is how violent the car is :lol:

Video video video :))

Killa SS 07-23-2012 12:34 PM

thanks Blazin, aye c130, not safe bro.

tbellazzi 07-23-2012 06:47 PM

so after reading several pages of this thread it seems like many of you like the direct bolt on from zzp over the hahn bolt on kit...is there a comparison of hp gains between the two? (granted while still running a m62 anything over 300hp sounds great haha)

**concept is to build my old motor turbo out of car slowly while money rolls in, then eventually just drop it in**

Edubs 07-23-2012 07:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New project...

Attachment 58728

jonathan923 07-23-2012 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by tbellazzi (Post 6593998)
so after reading several pages of this thread it seems like many of you like the direct bolt on from zzp over the hahn bolt on kit...is there a comparison of hp gains between the two? (granted while still running a m62 anything over 300hp sounds great haha)

**concept is to build my old motor turbo out of car slowly while money rolls in, then eventually just drop it in**

i started with hahn, but now i would deff go with zzp after seen there parts and quality. honestly i never had any issues with the hahn parts i had. but zzp's kit delivers alot more room for more power while making your engine bay look almost as a stock car "if you know what i mean".

all in all, both kits will get you well over 300whp even with a mere can tune. both kits are good for 400whp as well, except that with hahns kit you will have to push the turbo to its limit making it more stressful for your other engine component at a much higher psi. while with zzp with just 22psi and a good tune, your more likely to reach the 400whp mark much easier.

both kits are good, but both also have there pros and cons starting with there prices. but sometimes piece out a kit or just waiting on a good opportunity to find a good used one are always good alternatives.

jonathan923 07-23-2012 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Edubs (Post 6594027)

mmmm i see what you did there ;)

ported head, valve springs, and a cam soon to be in there :twothumbs:guns:

tbellazzi 07-23-2012 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by jonathan923 (Post 6594034)
i started with hahn, but now i would deff go with zzp after seen there parts and quality. honestly i never had any issues with the hahn parts i had. but zzp's kit delivers alot more room for more power while making your engine bay look almost as a stock car "if you know what i mean".

all in all, both kits will get you well over 300whp even with a mere can tune. both kits are good for 400whp as well, except that with hahns kit you will have to push the turbo to its limit making it more stressful for your other engine component at a much higher psi. while with zzp with just 22psi and a good tune, your more likely to reach the 400whp mark much easier.

both kits are good, but both also have there pros and cons starting with there prices. but sometimes piece out a kit or just waiting on a good opportunity to find a good used one are always good alternatives.

Thanks you were just the guy I was hoping would comment back haha...especially since you started this thread over a year ago...So one more question do you have any input on zzp adapter plate to use the existing intake manifold/intercooler or is it worth it (hp gains over all performance) to go with the zzp intake/hahn intake?

thanks again for the support..new to the idea of turbo after 5 long years of being supercharged

c130aviator 07-23-2012 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by jonathan923 (Post 6594034)

^this