2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

zzp stage 2 kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 05:14 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Zach06CobaltSC
It is a fact that I have zzp tunes, but you're right I don't KNOW for sure if there stage 2 tune files or not. I will go through and see if any of them are different. It is a fact that I have ran 2 of your tunes on the dyno and they both produced lower numbers then the ottp tune.

The FACTS are that the ottp tune makes MORE power then the tune of yours that I ran on the dyno. It's a fact that a 2.8 will produce more power then a 3.0, especially if you have cooling mods. Also, just because I haven't posted everything doesn't mean I know nothing. I will post logs and a video showing your stage 2 tune file against the ottp tune and prove which one makes more power if you would like to present me with the file. If not I will look through and see if I have it. I may not, but I am sure I can find someone with it and grab it from them.
LOL, so if I give you our file (a vocal ZZP hater) you'll prove that it makes less power than an OTT tune. Oh wow, such great technical knowledge you'll bestow on us all, HAHA.

The only facts I see above are you changing the entire original debate and then claiming victory. I've already proven you wrong with a dyno chart on the power and proven you lied about having a ZZP stage 2 file (oh wait, you didn't lie, you were just mistaken), and proven you are willing to lie, cheat and steal if it means you get to bash ZZP. The "fact" that you made more power with an OTT PCM vs. what you say was a ZZP PCM is completely meaningless and was never debated.

How about I brag about being stronger than you and then say HA, I win. I told you I was right. A straw man argument can be used by anyone at any time to 'win' a new debate but it always fails to address the original statements. BTW, I have yet to be proven wrong about not having a single complaint about our stage 2 file, despite your desperate attempts to change the statement and bash ZZP
Old 05-14-2009, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zooomer
If you email customer service with the information on the sticker we put on the PCM, we can tell you. There is a revision letter we change as we upodate files.
Ok I will do that when I get home. Also I was wondering if I can PM you a question about your intercooler that I have installed. I don't want to ask on this thread cause off the topic at hand.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I've never seen one of zzp's stage 2 tune so I can't comment on it. As far as I know it's one of there newer offerings. Anyways this is to zooomer........I'm guessing you don't tune the pcm's that come through your shop but I'm curious to know if you are aware of what goes in them. I have seen 4 of your 1.0 pcm so far and every one of them has had no vin stored, and the wrong operating system for the year/model. Someone there is loading up a 05 model year file into every car.....even the 06 model year cars. The only reason the cars start is because the vats is disabled, which makes it alot easier to have your car stolen.

Just a fyi
Old 05-14-2009, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Matt M
You are proving exactly what I said. You "hate zzp" for other reasons. Therefore, your opinion of our tune is pretty much worthless.

You can say it, but it doesn't mean it's true
how is it not true? there is a vid about it.. and i seen the car in person run that 8.1x pass so how can you say its not true where there is proof of it. im just wondering why you are saying its not true when it can be clearly seen. now dont get me wrong i have nothing agains u or zzp or nothing bad to say, but dont deny something its true.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by fast98
Someone there is loading up a 05 model year file into every car.....even the 06 model year cars.
More false information.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Former Vendor

More false information.
I'm not lying. Do you tune the pcm's there? I have the files if you want to see them. As soon as you open them in hpt it says invalid vin/operating system flashing disabled.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rico
how is it not true? there is a vid about it.. and i seen the car in person run that 8.1x pass so how can you say its not true where there is proof of it. im just wondering why you are saying its not true when it can be clearly seen. now dont get me wrong i have nothing agains u or zzp or nothing bad to say, but dont deny something its true.
A. We don't race 1/8th mile and then paper race what it should have went in the 1/4.
B. He doesn't run a mail order OTT file which is what the claim implied. The claim was made with the intention of leading people to believe that it was a mail order tune, which is false.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
More false information.
This flase?
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...+blower+record

This is Stu car, has pics, video, and timeslip. if that aint enough then i guess your 12 second turbo 2.4 needs more proof (you show the same)cause its false
Old 05-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ChevyRockstar
This flase?
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...+blower+record

This is Stu car, has pics, video, and timeslip. if that aint enough then i guess your 12 second turbo 2.4 needs more proof (you show the same)cause its false
He is saying it's not a canned tune, which is correct but he is in arkansas and I did it over the internet. This still doesn't change the fact that it's still the fastest in it's class.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:55 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
He is saying it's not a canned tune, which is correct but he is in arkansas and I did it over the internet. This still doesn't change the fact that it's still the fastest in it's class.
I'll give you that. Props.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Banned

wow..... I never thought I would see the day zzp respected another company and actually gave them props!!

*runs to see if pigs are flying*

ah, figures *swine flu*
Old 05-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Former Vendor

I'm not lying. Do you tune the pcm's there? I have the files if you want to see them. As soon as you open them in hpt it says invalid vin/operating system flashing disabled.
Once again, you might not be lying, but you are certainly mistaken. We have owned several Cobalts and tuned dozens of them on our dyno. We have the correct base files and use them. If you have a file that says OS error, how do you figure we flashed it to begin with? It sounds like you have a file that has been passed around and possibly misrepresented at one time or another. Hearing all these false stories about our PCMs is getting old. A few months ago, the thing to say was that we turned the knock sensativity way down on a customer's twincharge build. Fortunately for us, we saved his original file and the final tune. A quick compare file load showed no changes in the KR settings whatsoever. Yet we still read several times about how we turned his KR settings way down. It's funny how that just goes to the next thing every time we disprove it.

wow..... I never thought I would see the day zzp respected another company and actually gave them props!!

*runs to see if pigs are flying*

ah, figures *swine flu*
Hopefully you will notice- once it was represented truthfully, Zoom had no problem acknowledging the accomplishment.

Last edited by Matt M; 05-14-2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Banned

I thought the thing to say now was that you guys still have problems with your flex pipes...

I noticed and I am shocked. I have never seen this side of zzp before.

Last edited by Zach06CobaltSC; 05-14-2009 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Former Vendor

Once again, you might not be lying, but you are certainly mistaken. We have owned several Cobalts and tuned dozens of them on our dyno. We have the correct base files and use them. If you have a file that says OS error, how do you figure we flashed it to begin with? It sounds like you have a file that has been passed around and possibly misrepresented at one time or another. Hearing all these false stories about our PCMs is getting old. A few months ago, the thing to say was that we turned the knock sensativity way down on a customer's twincharge build. Fortunately for us, we saved his original file and the final tune. A quick compare file load showed no changes in the KR settings whatsoever. Yet we still read several times about how we turned his KR settings way down. It's funny how that just goes to the next thing every time we disprove it.

Hopefully you will notice- once it was represented truthfully, Zoom had no problem acknowledging the accomplishment.

Well I pulled the files right off your pcms that customers sent in to be reflashed. They have a zzp 1.0 sticker on the back with vin number and customer name. As for the way the file got loaded up, there's a couple of ways it could happen.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Banned

these threads always turn out like this. In the end its buyer prefrence, go with who you want
Old 05-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Banned

They always do end up like this but at least we get to argue our points .
Old 05-14-2009, 10:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They always do end up like this but at least we get to argue our points .
im liking this thread. the members get a little too irrational/heated, but the vendors themselves are pointing out pros and cons of their own and their competitors business with a LOT of evidence every time. This is a great thread to learn about each company
Old 05-14-2009, 11:26 PM

Cool bro, there's nothing wrong with liking a vendor . I liked zzp until there downpipe broke at the flex pipe and then they were all gay about it. Everyone has there own opinions and experiences with different vendors though. Zzp has always been good to you and www.ottperformance.com has always been good for me . As long as our products work that's generally all we care about .
wooooooo pump the brakes, ZZP has some of the best craft quality i have ever seen... i love my shorty header and i am thinking about getting the midlenth header from them.

the flexes they use are custom, you cant buy them anywhere else. they are bad ass, double wall n ****. i bought one of the first ZZP headers they producted and i havent had ANY issues with it
Old 05-15-2009, 12:07 AM

**** my flex pipe on my dp broke too and it was not from zzp or ottp .. **** happens lol it got fixed tho with no problems. but it can happen to anyone or any company then it all falls on the costumer service they provide
Old 05-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Banned

Ya except the problem is zzp has had MAJOR issues with there flexpipes on there downpipes breaking. They will admit this openly and the reason I dislike zzp is because of the customer service I got when the flexpipe broke and there way of solving the problem.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by lsjwannabe
Yeah i think he confused the average numbers it looks like to me.

Stu runs 12.75 on our tune, i haven't seen anyone run faster with similar mods, so where is the statment i made false? Perhaps you just weren't aware he was tuned by us.
Yeah, I might have misread, but I'm pretty sure if you look at the minimum runs the AFR is around 11, and the max runs the AFR is in the 13s..
Old 05-18-2009, 09:37 PM

IDK about you guys, but I think threads like this are great. I think we need more competition like this in the LSJ world. ZZP is right in that these cars are way too slow for being a nearly 6 year old platform (if you include the redlines). I mean think about it, you guys are throwing around Stu's 12.75 time like it's some kind of world record. The SRT-4s only came out a year before the redlines, and they have (and have had for quite a while) "moderately" modded guys doing better than that (no offense Stu, I know you're still an incredible driver and have modded your car perfectly). I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for the rest of the tuner world to take the supercharged ecotecs seriously for a change.

I'm just happy that both of these great vendors happen to be right in my backyard and can't wait to see what each of them bring out this summer.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:43 PM

wooo go michigan!!...but SRT-4 has a turbo and we got supercharger...and they got a 2.4 is it? we got a 2.0 many things play into it but yes these threads are great
Old 05-18-2009, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by ssyellow
wooo go michigan!!...but SRT-4 has a turbo and we got supercharger...and they got a 2.4 is it? we got a 2.0 many things play into it but yes these threads are great
True on the turbo aspect, but I guess I would like to believe that it is not totally impossible for an SC to compete w/ a TC. Maybe I'm just naieve.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:48 PM

im sorry to say, as much as I love My RL the problem is the supercharger... You cant produce the same kind of numbers on the stock supercharger as you can on the turbo. In Addition it's also a 2.4. The other thing is if people are willing to spend the money they can get the car where they want. out of curiosity what is Stu running to get into 12's? that is pretty impressive, is that TVS or not

Quick Reply: zzp stage 2 kit