2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

jdbaugh1 official "build" thread

Old 03-25-2019, 07:52 AM

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by ECaulk View Post
Might want to verify the pcv isnt going to have compatibility issues with gasoline or e85
HaHa first thing I did 1 second after seeing the PVC: http://www.ipexna.com/media/2086/pvc...ance-guide.pdf

Ethanol is "generally resistant", Gasoline is "Less resistant than R but still suitable for some conditions"
Old 03-25-2019, 08:26 AM

Received 153 Likes on 149 Posts
The source I posted indicated that PVC is more resistant to gasoline than ethanol and your source indicates PVC is more resistant to ethanol than gasoline. In my application the PVC is not subjected to significant stress and should be fine. Here is a company advertising PVC as an excellent material for chemical resistance including gasoline.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member

Received 323 Likes on 296 Posts
Im interested to see how it performs without the bottom of the canister. The point of the bucket is that the pump is always submerged in fuel. This also helps to keep the pump cool.

Ive seen before whenre someone added a stock pump that would lay in the bottom of the tank and fill the canister, basically making a makeshift surge tank setup inside the fuel tank itself.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:29 AM

Received 153 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by Slowbalt2000 View Post
Im interested to see how it performs without the bottom of the canister. The point of the bucket is that the pump is always submerged in fuel. This also helps to keep the pump cool.

Ive seen before whenre someone added a stock pump that would lay in the bottom of the tank and fill the canister, basically making a makeshift surge tank setup inside the fuel tank itself.
I thought of this too but the AEM comes with a isolator/insulator sleeve that goes around the outside of the pump in certain applications. Because the sleeve acts as an insulator I assumed the pump would have adequate cooling from the fuel that is flowing through it internally or they would never be configured this way. With the Hydramat that fuel supply shouldn't be interrupted unless I run it completely dry which I have no plans of doing. Another purpose of the stock housing holding fuel is to keep the pump primed as the fuel sloshes about in the tank and away from the pickup which the hydramat should accommodate for. We will see but I think it will work fine this way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.