Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

F35 to f23 swap on lsj, almost there! Couple questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 10:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
F35 to f23 swap on lsj, almost there! Couple questions.

1) shifter bracket- So I'm getting the shifter bracket cut down, and I'm almost to the point where this shifter bracket is at a hair of material left. Basically it's still not fitting, there is about a hair of room between the thermostat housing and the trans. Can I cut this bracket to the point of having a small opening? I really done want to as I feel there's gonna be a lot of slop in the shifting or better yet not grab at all, but if it has to be done so be it. Any insight would be appreciated.

2) new thermostat housing instead? So I've heard I can put the 2.2 housing in instead but how do I get the damn HOUSING off the pipe that leads to the water pump? I've pulled on this thing for awhile because this is the route I've liked to go but it's not coming apart. Don't want to break anything, how do I get it off? Will this restrict coolant flow?

3) clutch pipe/clutch elbow - I ordered a new clutch pipe and elbow because the plastic piece broke and I could not get the elbow back on(hair pin wouldn't go back in), anyone else have issues getting those back together?