Go Back  Cobalt SS Network > Specific Technical Discussion > Drivetrain
Will a Cosmo Racing Cavalier short shifter fit (2.2 & 2.4)? >

Will a Cosmo Racing Cavalier short shifter fit (2.2 & 2.4)?

Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Will a Cosmo Racing Cavalier short shifter fit (2.2 & 2.4)?

Old 09-28-2007, 03:20 PM
  #151  
Jn2
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Jn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-04-07
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,791
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I got mine from K2 motor. About a week for shipping
mine hasnt came in yet, i ordered it on friday night, and now its a week later, and nothin, i sent them an email to avoid leaving negative feedback b/c of a misunderstanding or something, so i told them how it says "billing info recieved" and asked if they have sent it yet, but if i dont get it by monday im opening a dispute thru paypal, i recently lost my job, and the last thing i need is some company rippin me off the money i trusted to them ya know, that money i coulda used to pay bills
Jn2 is offline  
Old 09-28-2007, 03:56 PM
  #152  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 06-16-07
Location: Marion,Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by balmung892003 View Post
mine hasnt came in yet, i ordered it on friday night, and now its a week later, and nothin, i sent them an email to avoid leaving negative feedback b/c of a misunderstanding or something, so i told them how it says "billing info recieved" and asked if they have sent it yet, but if i dont get it by monday im opening a dispute thru paypal, i recently lost my job, and the last thing i need is some company rippin me off the money i trusted to them ya know, that money i coulda used to pay bills
Paypal dispute should get them to take action without negative feedback. I had to do that with the euro tails I got for my wifes Jeep Liberty. They wouldn't answer emails 'til dispute was filed.
Black07LS is offline  
Old 09-28-2007, 04:03 PM
  #153  
Jn2
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Jn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-04-07
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,791
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
than thats what i'll do, right now i have all the damn time in the world to install the damn thing, but if i have to open a dispute than have to wait even longer, WTF...i'll have a job by than and not the time to install, but if its the only way, than thats what i'll, they have ti'll monday
Jn2 is offline  
Old 09-28-2007, 05:09 PM
  #154  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 06-16-07
Location: Marion,Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by balmung892003 View Post
than thats what i'll do, right now i have all the damn time in the world to install the damn thing, but if i have to open a dispute than have to wait even longer, WTF...i'll have a job by than and not the time to install, but if its the only way, than thats what i'll, they have ti'll monday
Check for spam emails, his email may have went to your spam box.
Black07LS is offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 03:21 PM
  #155  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 03-19-07
Location: newburgh,ny
Posts: 14,911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
something i just noticed about my cosmo.. you said there is a pin ... after looking at the shifter again there is no pin in there, there is a whole, but no pin so maybe they just take it out for you (which would kind of make sense)
elecblue06 is offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 03:38 PM
  #156  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 06-16-07
Location: Marion,Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elecblue06 View Post
something i just noticed about my cosmo.. you said there is a pin ... after looking at the shifter again there is no pin in there, there is a whole, but no pin so maybe they just take it out for you (which would kind of make sense)
If you unscrew the knob can you slide the RLO off?
Black07LS is offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 04:35 PM
  #157  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 03-19-07
Location: newburgh,ny
Posts: 14,911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black07LS View Post
If you unscrew the knob can you slide the RLO off?
umm dunno i'm gonna do the install in about an hour and i'll tell you
elecblue06 is offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 10:38 PM
  #158  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 06-16-07
Location: Marion,Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elecblue06 View Post
umm dunno i'm gonna do the install in about an hour and i'll tell you
Post pic.?
Black07LS is offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 10:57 PM
  #159  
Banned
 
SSBOOST's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-18-06
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 566
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black07LS View Post
If you unscrew the knob can you slide the RLO off?
yes, easily
SSBOOST is offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 10:59 PM
  #160  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 03-19-07
Location: newburgh,ny
Posts: 14,911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black07LS View Post
Post pic.?
okidoke i'll link it to the ion forums page soon as i post pics gotta find batteries for the camera
elecblue06 is offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 11:00 PM
  #161  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 06-16-07
Location: Marion,Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SSBOOST View Post
yes, easily
I know it will with our's, he has a cosmo
Black07LS is offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 11:06 PM
  #162  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 03-19-07
Location: newburgh,ny
Posts: 14,911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black07LS View Post
I know it will with our's, he has a cosmo
my shifter works exactly like my stock one smoothh shifts from 1-2-3-4-5 and same going into reverse.... didn't have to remove anything
elecblue06 is offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 11:18 PM
  #163  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 06-16-07
Location: Marion,Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You don't have to remove anything for ebay shifter, but it helps the boot fit a little better if you remove the small piece at the bottom of the RLO.
Black07LS is offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 11:33 PM
  #164  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 03-19-07
Location: newburgh,ny
Posts: 14,911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black07LS View Post
You don't have to remove anything for ebay shifter, but it helps the boot fit a little better if you remove the small piece at the bottom of the RLO.
oh well it didn't seem effect me regardless lol

pics downloading right now

damn the pics i took suck... but i'll post up 2 that look ok... one shows how the boot fits.. the other shows it from the side... I really need to adjust the shifter linkage cables cuz where the stock on was sits too far forward now, but i'm just happy it's in




the throw is 3-3.5" now as opposed to like 6-7" stock so i'd say it's pretty good haha

Last edited by elecblue06; 09-29-2007 at 11:54 PM.
elecblue06 is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 12:30 AM
  #165  
Jn2
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Jn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-04-07
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,791
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
alright what should i do, once more i'll explain the situation, i ordered my short shifter and my cf handle and cf boot on friday(9/21) and as of now i have yet to recieve it, when i check the stauts it says they've only been electrnically notified...here's the link to it, so ya'll can see what i mean, this is my first and second ebay purcuse, i ordered these to things at the same time, but here's the links\
http://www.stamps.com/shipstatus/sub...21297056856189
^^^that one is for the CF boot and handle
http://wwwapps.ups.com/etracking/tra...98&track=Track
that one is for the second, WTF, the second says its not available so what happend, idk but to avoid it turnin to late, im opening a dispute right now...**** this im not gunna ripped off my first time purchasing from ebay. **** that...
Jn2 is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 12:43 AM
  #166  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 03-19-07
Location: newburgh,ny
Posts: 14,911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by balmung892003 View Post
alright what should i do, once more i'll explain the situation, i ordered my short shifter and my cf handle and cf boot on friday(9/21) and as of now i have yet to recieve it, when i check the stauts it says they've only been electrnically notified...here's the link to it, so ya'll can see what i mean, this is my first and second ebay purcuse, i ordered these to things at the same time, but here's the links\
http://www.stamps.com/shipstatus/sub...21297056856189
^^^that one is for the CF boot and handle
http://wwwapps.ups.com/etracking/tra...98&track=Track
that one is for the second, WTF, the second says its not available so what happend, idk but to avoid it turnin to late, im opening a dispute right now...**** this im not gunna ripped off my first time purchasing from ebay. **** that...
exactly why i didn't order from ebay... sorry to hear it man... but it's just too sketchy.. i've been screwed 50% of the time i used ebay... granted i only used it 2 times lol but still
elecblue06 is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 12:50 AM
  #167  
Jn2
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Jn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-04-07
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,791
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
i mean other people got their ****, i dont see why i would be singled out and not be sent mine, WTF, she ordered the same ****...**** thatk, i opened the dispute right now...i wrote pretty detailed paragraph...so hopefully that will get their attention and have them send me my short shifter
Jn2 is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 12:51 AM
  #168  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 03-19-07
Location: newburgh,ny
Posts: 14,911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by balmung892003 View Post
i mean other people got their ****, i dont see why i would be singled out and not be sent mine, WTF, she ordered the same ****...**** thatk, i opened the dispute right now...i wrote pretty detailed paragraph...so hopefully that will get their attention and have them send me my short shifter
good luck man..
elecblue06 is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 12:58 AM
  #169  
Jn2
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Jn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-04-07
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,791
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
i opened a dispute w/both companies, i want my ****, i was as nice as possible in the message, i told them all i wanted was to recive the items i payed for, i told them i payd them as soon as the austion ended, i didnt hesitate, so i dont see why they would prolong sending it to me, i mean i pay'd quick, like 5 mins quick, shouldnt they reuturn the favor and send it out ASAP, but either eway hopefully the dispute will make them send t to me, if not i will as for a full refund, and negative feedback will left on their ebay account
Jn2 is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 02:41 AM
  #170  
Banned
 
SSBOOST's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-18-06
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 566
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've bought about 20 things on eBay and have never had a problem.
SSBOOST is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 02:46 AM
  #171  
Jn2
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Jn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-04-07
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,791
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
i've bought things b4 to, and always came in within a week, 1 week being the latest, but its been more than a week, i know sometimes this happends, so hopefully im just being paranoid...
Jn2 is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 06:44 AM
  #172  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 06-16-07
Location: Marion,Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It takes time sometimes. The one shipped USPS so that's all you'll get on the tracking. The one that spipped UPS should have been shipped by now. Check your spam email box, sometimes ebay emails go there. Paypal dispute will get there attention. If they doen't send it paypal can pull the $$$ from there account and refund you. They prob. won't respond on the weekend so give them till Tuesday evening to respond to your claim. Ask for a discount because of the problems after you find out what's going on, you may or may not get one but doesn't hurt to ask. Be nice, if your nice it will get you a lot further. Some ebayers sell 1,000's of things a month, so it's hard for them to keep up. They want positive feedback, and if your new to ebay so do you, so if they help you out give positive feedback so you get it in return.

Originally Posted by elecblue06 View Post
exactly why i didn't order from ebay... sorry to hear it man... but it's just too sketchy.. i've been screwed 50% of the time i used ebay... granted i only used it 2 times lol but still
I have order 50+ things from ebay and never been screwed. Sometimes things take a while. Your shifter looks good but if you turn the boot insideout before installing it will fold over and give you a cleaner look at the top of the boot.

Last edited by Black07LS; 09-30-2007 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Black07LS is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 01:02 PM
  #173  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 03-19-07
Location: newburgh,ny
Posts: 14,911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black07LS View Post
It takes time sometimes. The one shipped USPS so that's all you'll get on the tracking. The one that spipped UPS should have been shipped by now. Check your spam email box, sometimes ebay emails go there. Paypal dispute will get there attention. If they doen't send it paypal can pull the $$$ from there account and refund you. They prob. won't respond on the weekend so give them till Tuesday evening to respond to your claim. Ask for a discount because of the problems after you find out what's going on, you may or may not get one but doesn't hurt to ask. Be nice, if your nice it will get you a lot further. Some ebayers sell 1,000's of things a month, so it's hard for them to keep up. They want positive feedback, and if your new to ebay so do you, so if they help you out give positive feedback so you get it in return.



I have order 50+ things from ebay and never been screwed. Sometimes things take a while. Your shifter looks good but if you turn the boot insideout before installing it will fold over and give you a cleaner look at the top of the boot.

yea i gotta tweak things but after taking 2 hours to install it i was just happy it was done... plus i'm thinking about getting a different shift boot and e brake handle, but right now it's function over form lol and it performs nicely and it's not even set up right, I had the boot tucked into under the knob and that looked good but if i shifter too fast it tugged on the bottom a bit
elecblue06 is offline  
Old 10-02-2007, 08:56 AM
  #174  
New Member
 
BobWreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-02-06
Location: Central Redneckistan
Posts: 191
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elecblue06 View Post
..... not only is that a rice move but that does absolutely nothing to actually shorten your shift...

If you shorten the radius, you shorten the circumference. So cutting a stock shifter down WILL make it a short throw of sorts. The force needed to shift gears will multiply.

Try shifting your transmission by using the shifter shaft instead if the grip. It doesn't appear to add that much resistance. As always, YMMV.

Bob
BobWreck is offline  
Old 10-02-2007, 09:51 AM
  #175  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 03-19-07
Location: newburgh,ny
Posts: 14,911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BobWreck View Post
If you shorten the radius, you shorten the circumference. So cutting a stock shifter down WILL make it a short throw of sorts. The force needed to shift gears will multiply.

Try shifting your transmission by using the shifter shaft instead if the grip. It doesn't appear to add that much resistance. As always, YMMV.

Bob
no you have to lengthen the shaft below the pivot point (ball) other wise it's not a TRUE short throw

shortening the throw has nothing to do with the part you grab, and everything to do with what you don't see..
elecblue06 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Will a Cosmo Racing Cavalier short shifter fit (2.2 & 2.4)?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.