General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

from LSJ to LNF

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 12:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by N1ckateen
Ok some things I did like about my lsj better. Yes it did have more power and would pull a gms1 car hard all day long. But also when running a fully bolted lnf from a 40 me in 2nd and him in 3rd then seeing taillights sucks lol. As soon as I get tuned in the next 2 weeks or so it'll make more power than my lsj did. One other thing I miss is the seats because I had the g85 package. These tc seats aren't bad. But the recaros did have a bit more hug to them.

As far as the speakers go. Well I was taking my tools and an assortment of stock parts out of my trunk yesterday and putting my jumper cables in the trunk when I noticed aftermarket rear speakers.... Pos boss extremes! And the wires were taped together... Factory wires to new speaker wire. So I pulled out my electrical bag and cut all the wires rest ripped it all and put actual connectors on everything. Didn't help though so I just unhooked the ******* and am now in the market for some factory pioneer rear speakers from an SS lol.
Your welcome Congrats on the purchase man!!

robk
Old 01-09-2013, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jonnymerk
I lol at all the sneeze comments. I prefer my lsj's open dump scream over sneeze any day.
Until your power is gone after 45 mph.

K04s spool so quickly, I don't understand where all the LSJ guys are talking about not seeing power at low RPMs... confussled a wee bit.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by Steviodaddio
Until your power is gone after 45 mph.

K04s spool so quickly, I don't understand where all the LSJ guys are talking about not seeing power at low RPMs... confussled a wee bit.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Staged07SS
Any base bolted LNF would run a heavily modified LSJ all day. Proofs in the pudding homie!

I'm driving a 2.2 XFE though now so I don't have room to talk anymore.. I'd kill to have an LSJ.

And no, this is not a knock against LSJ's. I wouldn't think GM would produce another SS that'd be slower than it's previous models.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:52 PM

Any base bolted LNF would run a heavily modified LSJ all day. Proofs in the pudding homie!

I'm driving a 2.2 XFE though now so I don't have room to talk anymore.. I'd kill to have an LSJ.

And no, this is not a knock against LSJ's. I wouldn't think GM would produce another SS that'd be slower than it's previous models.
Well he should be bolted soon and I will have to run him. I know my car prly won't keep up with an LNF
Old 01-09-2013, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by 574
Well he should be bolted soon and I will have to run him. I know my car prly won't keep up with an LNF
Besides, losing to a Cobalt is cool if you're a LSJ or LNF. Now losing to Civics... no.

Those are the only kids to have fun with if being serious. heh
Old 01-09-2013, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Staged07SS
x2
Old 01-09-2013, 02:28 PM

Yeah after 45 my power level jumps off a cliff I wonder if I needz a toon 4 my 2.6???
Old 01-09-2013, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by 574
Yeah after 45 my power level jumps off a cliff I wonder if I needz a toon 4 my 2.6???

No hard feelings, it was a joke. Hence the winky face. You sound all sarcastically upset about it. lol
Old 01-09-2013, 02:33 PM

i just put a motor in my buddies lnf for him. First time i drove one and i have to say im not impressed at all. Not enough to give up my lsj for one. When i was on my blower i never lost to a lnf. now that im turbo swapping one would simply crush one
Old 01-09-2013, 03:10 PM

IMO if am going to replace my lsj it better be something much different with much more potential in everyway, but an lnf isnt worth the hassle when an lsj can be as fast and much more faster for cheaper, and worst when you spend more retail money for the same car with "upgrades".

those lsj owners that "upgraded" to lnfs just have to justify there "upgrade feeling" so they dont feel as bad for making there purchase too pointless. Then again to each there own
Old 01-09-2013, 03:30 PM

i bought my lnf after owning my 04 redline from new. i had upgraded it a bunch, and decided it was time for a new car. i knew i would mod whichever car i bought, and since i had a bunch of suspension goodies that would swap over, and all my stock parts for my redline to put back on, i bought a lnf. this saved me alot of money doing the same lowering and sway bars and shocks and sturts to any other car i would have bought.

now as it sits my redline is my winter beater, which is a shame but it has almost 200k kms on it now, and has been npothing but reliable, but all the bushings are beat to hell, and the thing rattles like crazy. i dont feel like dumping money into it unless i need to, so most of it will stay the way that it is. the cobalt will now get all the attention. the redline will just get regular maint, and anything i deem ness over the next couple of winters.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by jonathan923
IMO if am going to replace my lsj it better be something much different with much more potential in everyway, but an lnf isnt worth the hassle when an lsj can be as fast and much more faster for cheaper, and worst when you spend more retail money for the same car with "upgrades".

those lsj owners that "upgraded" to lnfs just have to justify there "upgrade feeling" so they dont feel as bad for making there purchase too pointless. Then again to each there own
Not everyone wants to buy a LSJ (considering they're impossible to find with low mileage) and turbo swap it or dump 3+ grand into it as well as a lot of time to make them feel satisfied and like they actually saved money... The LNF is a reasonable car for a reasonable price considering 500 bucks and you have yourself a respectable LNF with 300+ hp/trq that's faster than pretty much anything you're going to run across in the price range and even much higher. People want to get in and go, not dick around with their car for 2 years before it's as fast as they want it. Time is money so in most cases the LNF is way more valuable over an LSJ, despite the vast potential of the LSJ.

Either way we're talking big money, a lot of time, effort and knowledge as well that everyone doesn't have. Gotta think realistically..
Old 01-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
lol at this thread.

An LSJ can be faster with a turbo swap. but an LNF can be just as fast with one.

moot point though. both cars are awesome in their own right
Old 01-09-2013, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by leemanfor
lol at this thread.

An lsj can be faster with a turbo swap. But an lnf can be just as fast with one.

Moot point though. Both cars are awesome in their own right
+1
Old 01-09-2013, 04:13 PM

Not everyone wants to buy a LSJ (considering they're impossible to find with low mileage) and turbo swap it or dump 3+ grand into it as well as a lot of time to make them feel satisfied and like they actually saved money... The LNF is a reasonable car for a reasonable price considering 500 bucks and you have yourself a respectable LNF with 300+ hp/trq that's faster than pretty much anything you're going to run across in the price range and even much higher. People want to get in and go, not dick around with their car for 2 years before it's as fast as they want it. Time is money so in most cases the LNF is way more valuable over an LSJ, despite the vast potential of the LSJ.

Either way we're talking big money, a lot of time, effort and knowledge as well that everyone doesn't have. Gotta think realistically..
your right,

but i was mainly referring to those that say getting an lnf coming from an lsj is such an upgrade.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:34 PM

Its like you read my mind 4 months ago when I went from an LE5 to an LNF... This is why I bought a LNF... to a T
Old 01-09-2013, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by zrated89
i just put a motor in my buddies lnf for him. First time i drove one and i have to say im not impressed at all. Not enough to give up my lsj for one. When i was on my blower i never lost to a lnf. now that im turbo swapping one would simply crush one
The most vague generalized comment on the internet. Congrats! I could say, when I put a tune on my car, I never lost to a corvette.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:47 PM

u find me one tc besides chris' that is running 12.0 im stating the truth no need to lie
Old 01-09-2013, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by zrated89
u find me one tc besides chris' that is running 12.0 im stating the truth no need to lie
I was poking fun at how vague your comment was. I know your car goes fast on the 1/4. You mention it in just about every thread you post in, how could I not?

I get it, you have a big *****. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They make this thing called a tvs, yeah its magical.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Vander Nars
They make this thing called a tvs, yeah its magical.
And typically about as fast as a fully bolted tuned LNF.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:19 PM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Frogstofall
I was poking fun at how vague your comment was. I know your car goes fast on the 1/4. You mention it in just about every thread you post in, how could I not?

haha, I was waiting on someone to call him out on that. Every post he gets he always says how fast his magical LSJ is and how fast his TVS was. guess it wasn't fast enough now that you are turbo swapping
Old 01-09-2013, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Frogstofall

lmfao ive noticed that too and im not on here all that much
Old 01-10-2013, 12:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where da time slips at. SC balts are slow!! Pics or GTFO! :P

Quick Reply: from LSJ to LNF