General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Warranty Denied...all read

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 07:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by max_boost
It sucks that your car broke but from your sig it seems you fucked the trans up at the track so it's really not a warrenty issue. Putting your car back to stock and taking it to the dealership is FRAUD, so I can't see how you can be that upset. The point of a new car warranty is not to sponsor your racing career.

^x2 This guy shouldn't be slandering GM because of the things he did with his car
Abuse IS NOT COVERED under warranty .

Sorry to hear about his Balt... But you will not have any case , so start saving your money to fix your car instead of getting a lawyer because you will no win this one.

Good Luck
Old 04-21-2007, 12:56 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
been done a long time ago man. He ended up ripping me off instead. and gm had no proof he was at the track, that's all he was bitching about. See the thread from 95cobra68camaro about what gm did to him this week .. thread was "this thread is rated R for re-goddamn-diculous" or something of that nature./
Old 04-21-2007, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some interesting points have been brought up...

1)
"If you keep your car at stock power should it be warrantied regardless of how you drive it?"

No, hell no, you won't find any manufacturer that does this either. Any idiot can break a car if they drive it like a retard. I suppose they should build a car for 30k(CDN) that puts down 205@the wheels and can handle being launched like a race car over and over....13.8 w/o abusing the car at all? I think not. I'm ALL for GM standing behind their car, and I'm not arguing that there are probably all kinds of situations where they havn't done that, but this doesn't sound like one of them.

2)
But the car is marketed as a performance car they should warranty damage caused at the track.

No, you need to realize the difference between a 30k performance car and a race car. You bought a performance car what it sounds like you want is a race car, however since race cars break all the time you wouldn't be very happy here either. You have to pay to play. You argue that returning your car to stock isn't fraud....I think perhaps you need to look up the definition of fraud.

3)
The point about Honda's not breaking axels or whatever......ORLY?

They may not break axels, but with 120ft lbs of trq what do you expect? Aside from that, go to the clubRSX forums and ask them how they feel about their transmission, alot of them experience third gear grinding and in extreme cases the tranny will pop out of gear. The idea that Honda's never break and are so fantastic is a pile of crap. I'd also like to draw your attention to the fact that alot of Honda's aren't putting down as much hp and not nearly as much trq as a lot of you are...stock power levels aren't even the same RSX's put down 170-180ish @ the wheels, it takes a fairly extensive mod list to bring the RSX to the same power levels as a Stage2 Cobalt, and you can be sure at this point your RSX warranty isn't worth ****. We're all very lucky we even have stage kits...Honda has nothing of the sort.

I know a guy with a brand new Civic SI, barely has any clicks on it and he was tellin me he's taking it into the dealer to have them deal with his rev's mysteriously hanging and to look at his tranny as its already hard to put into third gear...every car has its issues, don't be a fanboy, and don't think for a second if he took his SI in with a bunch of mods on it and an aftermarket tune that they wouldn't tell him to go jump in the lake.

I'm really sorry you're being given such a hard time from your dealer, honestly I am, I don't wish any ill will upon you or your car, but how a car company can be expected to warranty a car with mods and a different tune is beyond me.