General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Warranty Denied...all read

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 05:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by inhale
yes, car broke and it sits. maybe my fault, maybe not. the whole point of this is that GM never LOOKED into the problem. they threw it up on a lift, looked at the car, lowered it, and said "No warranty". they didnt give me any reasons why...and id like to see what they come up with. if they dont have any good reasons, then i will have the car fixed under warranty. and lets say instead of paying GM to swap my tranny and i have a different shop do it....my WHOLE powertrain warranty will be voided. so if GM wants 6k to swap, and a shop wanted 3k to swap....id save 3k but lose my whole warranty. hell yes im going to fight that. im not paying 6k to keep a warranty that isnt even covered under normal terms. there are 100+ cobalts in the Tri-state area that are having the same problems and are being denied warranty work. do you think that those 100 people deserve to be denied because the tech just 'looked' at the car and said no....because i dont think so. im making a stand for myself and maybe GM will realize that i wont be the only. and for everyone saying "you raced it, you broke it, deal with it"....just shut up. i dont need idiotic comments like that. do the world a favor and save some oxygen for people who deserve it. i did race it, i did break it, and i AM dealing with it.

No your problem is you keep confusing "GM" with "dealership"
Old 09-28-2006, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the dealer wants to fix it....but how its working down here. GM is sending a rep down to take look at these 100+ cobalts to see whats going on, so he can approve the work. this guy has been shuttin down so many cobalts. so its not the dealership. its GM.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by +JohnnyBoy-
Wait... idiotic comments that use common sense? Right. Like blaming GM for transmissions on modded cars that explode on race tracks.
How about unmodded cars with blown transmissions. You're missing the point. This isn't a problem that's isolated to the tuners, it's also on people who have stock cars that blow the F*&$ up. Don't be so condescending.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:43 PM

My dealership is cool its called deal chevy and they are helping me mod my 2.2 with out screwing the warenty all in writing there the best. and yes the chevy dealer can tune a 2.2 cobalt for more power they have told me but there not aloud for some reason.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
How about unmodded cars with blown transmissions. You're missing the point. This isn't a problem that's isolated to the tuners, it's also on people who have stock cars that blow the F*&$ up. Don't be so condescending.
K. Point me to the guy with wasnt at the race track with a stock transmission that blew it up and was denided warrenty work for it.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:51 PM

yes, car broke and it sits. maybe my fault, maybe not. the whole point of this is that GM never LOOKED into the problem. they threw it up on a lift, looked at the car, lowered it, and said "No warranty". they didnt give me any reasons why...and id like to see what they come up with. if they dont have any good reasons, then i will have the car fixed under warranty. and lets say instead of paying GM to swap my tranny and i have a different shop do it....my WHOLE powertrain warranty will be voided....

(Translated)

Waaa Waa Waa.

You Raced It, You Broke It. Fix It.

CLOSE THIS THREAD
Old 09-28-2006, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Brian MP5T
(Translated)

Waaa Waa Waa.

You Raced It, You Broke It. Fix It.

CLOSE THIS THREAD
why do we have to have people like this on a site for cobalts..not mazda's. im sure there are some mazda's out there with the same problem and im sure there are other car companies. ok what if it was u...u think we would be sayin this to u...i dont think so. act your age.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:55 PM

So "hundreds" of bone stock, untouched transmissions are dropping in the tri-state area? Is that what I'm hearing? Or is it hundreds of transmissions, both stock and modded, are dropping? And can you site your source for the data. "Some guy who knows" or "the guy at the dealership/repair shop/parts store" are not credible sources.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Evilfrog
K. Point me to the guy with wasnt at the race track with a stock transmission that blew it up and was denided warrenty work for it.
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...t=transmission

I think that counts.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by iLLmaTic3s
why do we have to have people like this on a site for cobalts..not mazda's. im sure there are some mazda's out there with the same problem and im sure there are other car companies. ok what if it was u...u think we would be sayin this to u...i dont think so. act your age.
Because they're drinking some pretty stout glasses of Haterade.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:57 PM

I cant stand ignorant people...

He posts that the dealer will not fix his car.

He posts that he feels like they denied him a proper technical inspection

He feels like GM Owes him a transmission that he probably broke with abuse.

What more can I cay... It's all plain text with no smoke screens.

He posted Track times in his Sig. Drag racing will void...

Just Stupid IMO...
Old 09-28-2006, 05:59 PM

I missed the part were he was in the tri-state area and a rep from GM came in and told the dealer not to fix it. Once again, this sounds like a dealer trying to get a kid to pay more money for a repair.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:03 PM

MP5T has been a lot more helpfull on this site then most people with Cobalts(like me, im not helpfull)....
Old 09-28-2006, 06:11 PM

I missed the part were he was in the tri-state area and a rep from GM came in and told the dealer not to fix it. Once again, this sounds like a dealer trying to get a kid to pay more money for a repair.
You're right, it's not in the tri-state area. Though GM did look at it and GM was the one to deny the claim. It sounds like GM is denying warranty claims to compensate for operating costs to increase their profits. Get real dude. As far as the track voiding people's warranty, why is the track any more harsh than the street? GM advertises that the car will produce X number of HP and it will rev to X number of RPMs and that their product will stand up to those figures. Whats the difference between X number of RPMs and HP on the street and the track? The car should still perform to those specifications. Is the track a magical place where cars aren't supposed to last as long? I can just as easily run the breath out of my car on the street as I can the track.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:20 PM

You're right, it's not in the tri-state area. Though GM did look at it and GM was the one to deny the claim. It sounds like GM is denying warranty claims to compensate for operating costs to increase their profits. Get real dude. As far as the track voiding people's warranty, why is the track any more harsh than the street? GM advertises that the car will produce X number of HP and it will rev to X number of RPMs and that their product will stand up to those figures. Whats the difference between X number of RPMs and HP on the street and the track? The car should still perform to those specifications. Is the track a magical place where cars aren't supposed to last as long? I can just as easily run the breath out of my car on the street as I can the track.

GM didnt design the tranning to last up to people revving the engine up to 4 grand and side stepping the clutch. Which happens on the track. Not to much on the street. And im sure it does happen on the street. Im also sure it will grenade a transmission in a honda. Im also sure Honda wouldnt replace said transmission.

As far as that case...it sucks to be him. And he should fight it. But the guy with the 2.6 pully and a tune wasnt making any power that the transmission was designed for. And that is one of the reason dealerships might be less likely to replace transmissions in cars that arent abused.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:30 PM

GM didnt design the tranning to last up to people revving the engine up to 4 grand and side stepping the clutch. Which happens on the track. Not to much on the street. And im sure it does happen on the street. Im also sure it will grenade a transmission in a honda. Im also sure Honda wouldnt replace said transmission.

As far as that case...it sucks to be him. And he should fight it. But the guy with the 2.6 pully and a tune wasnt making any power that the transmission was designed for. And that is one of the reason dealerships might be less likely to replace transmissions in cars that arent abused.
Can you prove that everyone who goes to the track side steps the clutch and launches at 4000 rpm? I don't launch at that rpm, on the track or otherwise The track is the only place you can legally see how fast your car is, so I should just never fully experience the car that I paid for because GM doesn't like the track? That's a group punishment mentality. I've had enouph of that mentatlity from my job I don't need it from my car manufacturer. I don't think Hondas have the same problems we do and for a reason. They designed the drive train better and used higher quality materials. I also don't think they're indestructible.

I agree, with a 2.6 and a tune you're paying to play at that point. Tranny goes boom and you're pushing 270 or 280 to the wheels, that's beyond GM's specs.

Last edited by StinkBOMB; 09-28-2006 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:46 PM

Nope. But im pretty sure the majority of people who go to the track launch a lot harder than they should.

Pay to play people, If you break the tranny. Get a beefer one.

(also, im pretty sure GM would be able to tell if he programming had been change.)
Old 09-28-2006, 07:23 PM

listen guys, i didnt start this post start a war. my dealership told me that there are over 100 cobalts down in the Tri-state area with transmission or axle problems. he told me that the majority are getting turned down for warranty work. are they all stock? probally not...but im sure atleast half of them arent running below a 3.0" pulley. as far as my mod, i was probally pushing 280-290 wheel hp....gm stage kit says it produces 270hp....so whats an extra 10-20? if some1 got the stage 2 kit and throw on an intake....BOOM! as far as the track goes....i roll off the line and ease into first....i dont dump the clutch like a tool. brian, as far as you go....all i see u do is complain....why dont u just keep your comments to yourself unless otherwise asked. and if you guys pay attention....im not complaining about GM not paying for a transmission...im complaining about how they send a REP down because so many cobalts are outta comission and he denies them without researching the problem. he just says 'no'. i've also stated that i would pay a lawyer 8k instead of paying GM 4k....so as far as not wanting GM to buy me a tranny, thats not the case. its the principal of the matter. all these posts about 'waaa waaa waaa' and stupid **** causes me and ALOT of other people to hate this site. i thought this site was for help and advice not to be bitched at by a bunch of girls PMSing. get over yourselves thinking you have such a power trip on the internet and go out and get a girl. dont mean to offend anyone and this isnt directed at anyone in specific but just in general...why fight? we should be helping each other out.

and PS...swapping my transmission out isnt a problem, my friend has a spare one but i want GM to go thru this hassle because it isnt fair to everyone getting jerked off
Old 09-28-2006, 07:31 PM

I can just as easily run the breath out of my car on the street as I can the track.

"One Racing Lap at Le-Mans for a 911 is as hard as 200 Miles of Street Driving"

-Ferdinand Porsche

La Sarthe

Type: Road course
Length: 13.480 km
Used: 1921 -

Old 09-28-2006, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Brian MP5T
"One Racing Lap at Le-Mans for a 911 is as hard as 200 Miles of Street Driving"

-Ferdinand Porsche
That's a really great quote, however is Mr. Porsche talking about normal street driving or spirited driving? I can easily, though not legally, drive the **** out of my car on the streets.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:38 PM

"but im sure at least half of them arent running below a 3.0" pulley. as far as my mod, i was probally pushing 280-290 wheel hp....gm stage kit says it produces 270hp....so whats an extra 10-20? if some1 got the stage 2 kit and throw on an intake....BOOM!"

GM Stage II is a licensed GM product, installed by a licensed GM tech. If they warrantied every goon (this is not a shot at you, I have no idea what your skill level is) who slapped something aftermarket on their car, GM would cease to exist. If you owned a Compaq, dumed a bunch of MAC parts in it, and hit the power button, would Compaq honor your warranty?

Do I believe that they turn down work they should do... yes, I'm sure they do. But you're lumping all problems into the same issue. Did the transmission stop working? Did you send a gear through the bell housing? These are two transmission problems with two distinct scenarios. My sister has an 05 Cavalier that has 50k miles on it. She has used her warranty to the fullest extent, with no problems. Did your car get towed from the track to the dealership? If so, they know your car was being used outside of the normal parameters of use. The have racing insurance if you want to run you car on the track.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Banned

i'd like to take a ride around that one
Old 09-28-2006, 07:41 PM

brian, as far as you go....all i see u do is complain....why dont u just keep your comments to yourself unless otherwise asked. and if you guys pay attention....im not complaining about GM not paying for a transmission...im complaining about how they send a REP down because so many cobalts are outta comission and he denies them without researching the problem. he just says 'no'.
No Dude, You've got it all wrong. I'm a realist. I'm like a Bloodhound for Bullshit.

I don't go around complaining. I read the posts and tell you exactly what I think about the situation Blunty. I have never Sugar Coated anything I have ever said to anyone. I think you are now simply "Massaging" the facts and backtracking to save face.

I have never been accused of being incorrect, just abbrasive. I'd rather have ten people tell me I'm abrasive but correct than one tell me I'm wrong.

Sorry man but, It's the internet, you have to remember that we are all not going to agree on everything. If it were like that, there would be a bunch of 1 Post threads here. I'm not just some 15 Year old kid who sits at home watching Japanaimation Wacking It Old-School. I am a well rounded individual with opinions based on education and my years on the planet.

Go pay 8,000 on a Lawsuit. Go for it, I personally don't think you have the ***** to back that up so why say it in the first place.

Peace "Out"
Old 09-28-2006, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by +JohnnyBoy-
"but im sure at least half of them arent running below a 3.0" pulley. as far as my mod, i was probally pushing 280-290 wheel hp....gm stage kit says it produces 270hp....so whats an extra 10-20? if some1 got the stage 2 kit and throw on an intake....BOOM!"

GM Stage II is a licensed GM product, installed by a licensed GM tech. If they warrantied every goon (this is not a shot at you, I have no idea what your skill level is) who slapped something aftermarket on their car, GM would cease to exist. If you owned a Compaq, dumed a bunch of MAC parts in it, and hit the power button, would Compaq honor your warranty?

Do I believe that they turn down work they should do... yes, I'm sure they do. But you're lumping all problems into the same issue. Did the transmission stop working? Did you send a gear through the bell housing? These are two transmission problems with two distinct scenarios. My sister has an 05 Cavalier that has 50k miles on it. She has used her warranty to the fullest extent, with no problems. Did your car get towed from the track to the dealership? If so, they know your car was being used outside of the normal parameters of use. The have racing insurance if you want to run you car on the track.
That's a terrible analogy. If you're going to use computers at least make it a correct comparison. For example, don't blame Compaq if you overclock your processor and it gets fried. Also as long the computer parts meet specs it doesn't matter who makes what. You can put a DVDRom drive from anyone into a computer and expect it to work. Bad anology.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:44 PM

Do I believe that they turn down work they should do... yes, I'm sure they do. But you're lumping all problems into the same issue. Did the transmission stop working? Did you send a gear through the bell housing? These are two transmission problems with two distinct scenarios. My sister has an 05 Cavalier that has 50k miles on it. She has used her warranty to the fullest extent, with no problems. Did your car get towed from the track to the dealership? If so, they know your car was being used outside of the normal parameters of use. The have racing insurance if you want to run you car on the track.[/QUOTE]

yes gm stage 2 is licensed...but what is the difference if gm stage 2 produces 270hp when my mods made me around 280-290? just because its licensed? me and other local members modded my car so the craftsmanship is superb. what gm is doing is lets say you change your air filter to a k&n instead of ac delco....whoops, there goes ur warranty (atleast here in the tristate area). my trans is jammed into 2nd gear...for what reason , i have no idea. i have no idea because GM never looked into it. my clutch is fine and my diff. is fine...so what could it be? dunno because GM doesnt know. and no the car wasnt tow'd from the track to the dealer....i may be dumb but not stupid ( )

Quick Reply: Warranty Denied...all read