General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Warranty Denied...all read

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 12:06 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
true.. my clutch supposedly is still good , I don't know how, but so far it only slipped 2x on me. Slave cylinder man... its the slave cylinder... which of course I just happen to have a brand new one sitting in my trunk ... along with a new stock clutch, flywheel and pressure plate...
you know... for that just is case situation.
I wasn't complaining about the clutch... just stating a fact about the gm race team...
Old 09-28-2006, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
true.. my clutch supposedly is still good , I don't know how, but so far it only slipped 2x on me. Slave cylinder man... its the slave cylinder... which of course I just happen to have a brand new one sitting in my trunk ... along with a new stock clutch, flywheel and pressure plate...
you know... for that just is case situation.
I wasn't complaining about the clutch... just stating a fact about the gm race team...
yeah yeah slave cly race teams car is about 65% what we got.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
No flame dude, your post is pretty smart but consider this. Why don't you hear about Honda's breaking the same components on their entry level cars until they've boosted to the extreme? The only Honda I've ever heard of breaking an axle had about 450 to the wheels. It may be an econocar, but no one else seems to be having the same problems.
I know of four different civics that needed new axles, 3 of them were naturally aspirated with only a couple hundred horsepower. Two of them blew out their diffs too, people break hondas all the time too.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:01 PM

well on a good note just talked on the phone with my ups guy my axles are only a few blocks away.... sweet... now I just need a damn radiator.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:11 PM

well on a good note just talked on the phone with my ups guy my axles are only a few blocks away.... sweet... now I just need a damn radiator.
take it off Inhales car does him no good. that is unless he left it at the dealer. Also you can fanagle you heat exchanger into a make shift radiator or am i completly off my rocker?
Old 09-28-2006, 01:14 PM

don't have my stock h/e and mikes car is still at the dealership.... I might have an old monte rad lying around... make that work for now... ****... my car would be done by tomorrow night too... (unless my tranny is also fucked, but I don't think so).. well axles and most of the mods go back in tonight.... yay!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 01:17 PM

don't have my stock h/e and mikes car is still at the dealership.... I might have an old monte rad lying around... make that work for now... ****... my car would be done by tomorrow night too... (unless my tranny is also fucked, but I don't think so).. well axles and most of the mods go back in tonight.... yay!!!
you should have pulled the tranny and had a look you can open it up atleast with out to much hassel. we need a cobalt tranny guy or shop anyway. I know the VDub dudes flip trannies left and right and onlong island there are atleast 10-12 members who can rebuild a tranny for a peroson. cobalts need that convience
Old 09-28-2006, 01:19 PM

I'm working on that.... got the gm build book... so once we do mike's tranny (or not) I'll pull it apart and practice rebuilding these bastards
Old 09-28-2006, 01:19 PM

I also have a race tranny guy off woodhaven blvd...
Old 09-28-2006, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by marerick007
Dude, what is your problem? I don't even understand what you just posted?!?!? The GM Stage kit won't void the warranty...they are GM parts.

How can you say his car is stock? Look his profile and the mods that he as done.

Why don't you learn how to make post that people can understand, grow up and then you can come back and talk.
so if all of your parts are gm will that mean the warranty can't be voided? what about if you've been racing?
Old 09-28-2006, 02:16 PM

thats really fucked up! i'd be pissed. i hope u work ur problem out...i'm not sure what else u can do other than call someone at chevy n give em a piece of ur mind. good luck.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by crunkqueen
thats really fucked up! i'd be pissed. i hope u work ur problem out...i'm not sure what else u can do other than call someone at chevy n give em a piece of ur mind. good luck.
park that car (or tow it ) in front of the entrance to the dealer and sit and **** up every sale they try to make by telling the customer they don't honor warranties and that their cars break within 10,000 miles. if they don't want to spend money on your repairs then cost them money in other ways!
Old 09-28-2006, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by rhuggins
park that car (or tow it ) in front of the entrance to the dealer and sit and **** up every sale they try to make by telling the customer they don't honor warranties and that their cars break within 10,000 miles. if they don't want to spend money on your repairs then cost them money in other ways!
Been there done that. You make a nice scene in the showroom when there busy they rethink things a lot of times then.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:54 PM

I"ve been doin that myself.... I know too many that have broken and weren't warrantied
Old 09-28-2006, 03:14 PM

I"ve been doin that myself.... I know too many that have broken and weren't warrantied
im lucky my dealer doesnt sell cobalt ss/sc's any more only three of us outta mine so my car gets all the warenty work attention
Old 09-28-2006, 03:42 PM

so if all of your parts are gm will that mean the warranty can't be voided? what about if you've been racing?
does anyone know the answers to this?
Old 09-28-2006, 03:43 PM

does anyone know the answers to this?
your still cooked even in that situation. GM and other car companies have strict rules about track use with there cars.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He had a 2.6 pulley and a custom tune at the time. Chances are he was putting down more power than the stage II kit.

And its not like GM is the only company not honoring warrenties for those who race at the track. Wasnt mazda sending people to the track to void people warrenties?
Old 09-28-2006, 04:11 PM

Just wanted to chime in on this.

Parts actually do fail on a long enough timeline; anything with moving parts experiences stress due to, at the very least, friction.

Major Guard covers wear and tear on parts.

Also, does anyone actually have pics of the stock axel?
Old 09-28-2006, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kauser
Just wanted to chime in on this.

Parts actually do fail on a long enough timeline; anything with moving parts experiences stress due to, at the very least, friction.

Major Guard covers wear and tear on parts.

Also, does anyone actually have pics of the stock axel?
There too small to photograph. all joking aside though i don't understand why they just didn't give us the axles out of the grand ams there ALMOST direct swaps and a hell of alot beefier. GM really bitched out on some things when it came to this car.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by BradyB
I know of four different civics that needed new axles, 3 of them were naturally aspirated with only a couple hundred horsepower. Two of them blew out their diffs too, people break hondas all the time too.
I haven't seen that, but okay how many stock Civic SI's blow their axles clutches and transmissions? Nothing is impervious to breaking, but some things are just tougher than others.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Evilfrog
He had a 2.6 pulley and a custom tune at the time. Chances are he was putting down more power than the stage II kit.

And its not like GM is the only company not honoring warrenties for those who race at the track. Wasnt mazda sending people to the track to void people warrenties?
I think it was Mitsubishi with their Evo's.

My Opinion:

- The Cobalt SS/SC wasn't produced to be a drag car.
- You gotta pay to play.

This is why I haven't modded my car yet and will wait until my warranty is up.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:09 PM

yes, car broke and it sits. maybe my fault, maybe not. the whole point of this is that GM never LOOKED into the problem. they threw it up on a lift, looked at the car, lowered it, and said "No warranty". they didnt give me any reasons why...and id like to see what they come up with. if they dont have any good reasons, then i will have the car fixed under warranty. and lets say instead of paying GM to swap my tranny and i have a different shop do it....my WHOLE powertrain warranty will be voided. so if GM wants 6k to swap, and a shop wanted 3k to swap....id save 3k but lose my whole warranty. hell yes im going to fight that. im not paying 6k to keep a warranty that isnt even covered under normal terms. there are 100+ cobalts in the Tri-state area that are having the same problems and are being denied warranty work. do you think that those 100 people deserve to be denied because the tech just 'looked' at the car and said no....because i dont think so. im making a stand for myself and maybe GM will realize that i wont be the only. and for everyone saying "you raced it, you broke it, deal with it"....just shut up. i dont need idiotic comments like that. do the world a favor and save some oxygen for people who deserve it. i did race it, i did break it, and i AM dealing with it.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:17 PM

GM screwing so many people over right now. why would some want to buy a car from them in the first place, cuz they like there product. or they have had a GM since they started driving. why cant GM see that they have so many loyal customers that they are screwing over right now. i can see why now GM is losing so much money. they are trying to not spend anything so they can stay alive in this time. so lets **** over the customers and not give them warranties..100+ cobalts in the tri-state area..thats insane. and they are all gettin turned away by reps. this is so messed up.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:19 PM

Wait... idiotic comments that use common sense? Right. Like blaming GM for transmissions on modded cars that explode on race tracks.

Quick Reply: Warranty Denied...all read