War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

cobalt ls vs. 04 cavy

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you guys are completely missimg my point. the comment was made that the op should sell his car if he wants to race it and buy a tc. i said not all of us can afford the tc so its cheaper for us to buy the lower model and build it how we want it. in doing so it is very easy to make a comparable or better car out of the ls vs just buying the tc, for less then one may pay for the tc. research and patience is key. are there aspects of the tc that are better? yes. but is it impossible to make an ls out perform one? not at all and its not that expensive. so get over yourselves.
ive proven my point whether you believe it or not. we can put this to rest come spring.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by 06black
take a look above and take a shot in the dark as to what i do.
Janitor?
Old 11-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Rocket
you guys are completely missimg my point. the comment was made that the op should sell his car if he wants to race it and buy a tc. i said not all of us can afford the tc so its cheaper for us to buy the lower model and build it how we want it. in doing so it is very easy to make a comparable or better car out of the ls vs just buying the tc, for less then one may pay for the tc. research and patience is key. are there aspects of the tc that are better? yes. but is it impossible to make an ls out perform one? not at all and its not that expensive. so get over yourselves.
ive proven my point whether you believe it or not. we can put this to rest come spring.
It's not easy or cheap to turn an LS into a TC killer . TC owners pay a premium for a new car that is engineered to handle the power that it produces .....and more..... for 100K miles plus. By reading your post comparing the two from a sales brochure .....I don't think you "get" how different they really are.

Can an LS be faster than an SS/SC or TC..............hell yeah. BUT,
there is always a trade off when building a car ...... dependability and longevity are two that come to mind . Then you have that 300 dollar tune to deal with that TC owners can buy ....that makes it that much harder and more expensive to try and beat.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06black
take a look above and take a shot in the dark as to what i do.

this is not a I think Vs You think.

its an I know Vs your being dense thing going on here.

take that list and shove it. if you think the only differance between the two chassis set ups are shocks and tires you have allot to learn about chassis dynamics and how to tune such.

your missing the small bits that add up to big differances. such as control arm bushing durometer, roll bar bushings, roll bar end links, sub-frame mounts, suspension mounts, ect, ect.

the list is huge. your little GM option comparing doesn't show you things like that idiot.

if you'd like to go to a road course and argue the point that your hack-job suspension and snazzy street tires will out handle a FE5 equipped car, i'll gladly take time from my schedule to prove you wrong.

Listen to him, if anyone knows what they're talking about, it's him.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by OBZ
Cavi's can actually be pretty quick. They weigh like 400 lbs less than a cobalt.
x2 !! lighter with the same engine as your 2.2 = quicker.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rocket
The LS arent supposesed to be track cars, why dump a **** wad off money into it just to have a base of an ss/tc. When you buy the ss/tc you already have a foundation to work with. When buying the LS ur starting from scratch. And say it is fast, it will never be as reliable as an ss/tc. All those mods are an overhaul for the engine of an LS due to the lack of forged internals. I know a dude who bought a wrx in 06, it was an 04 wrx. Thought he was gonna save himself a G or two two make an sti killer. Guess what happened then? Added full boltons, tuned it, put a bigger turbo the clutch started slipping, fixed that, it ran for few months, ran it a few times at a track and his pistons went. He had to get that out of the way too, he was at about 450 at the wheels then his block cracked. Spent over 15 g's to make an sti killer. Oh and his transmission blew from the wrx too Point is, when you get a performance car, it has alot more potential then a regular done up car. You can not top of what years of testing and experimenting has brought us.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackSS
The LS arent supposesed to be track cars, why dump a **** wad off money into it just to have a base of an ss/tc. When you buy the ss/tc you already have a foundation to work with. When buying the LS ur starting from scratch. And say it is fast, it will never be as reliable as an ss/tc. All those mods are an overhaul for the engine of an LS due to the lack of forged internals. I know a dude who bought a wrx in 06, it was an 04 wrx. Thought he was gonna save himself a G or two two make an sti killer. Guess what happened then? Added full boltons, tuned it, put a bigger turbo the clutch started slipping, fixed that, it ran for few months, ran it a few times at a track and his pistons went. He had to get that out of the way too, he was at about 450 at the wheels then his block cracked. Spent over 15 g's to make an sti killer. Oh and his transmission blew from the wrx too Point is, when you get a performance car, it has alot more potential then a regular done up car. You can not top of what years of testing and experimenting has brought us.
your also missing the other point. Not everyone could finance a TC which are around 20-22k yet the LS could be bought new for 13 sometimes even 12. Non of the local dealers seem too willing to budge on the SS/TC's
Old 11-04-2009, 05:54 PM

Cavaliers suck!

Bwahwahwhahwwhawhahwe!
Old 11-04-2009, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by CordiaDOHC
you also missing the other point. Not everyone could finance a TC which are around 20-22k yet the LS could be bought new for 13 sometimes even 12. Non of the local dealers seem too willing to budge on the SS/TC's
No Pal your missing the point. The LS will be fast but not for long till something else pops up on it and has to get replaced. So you will save a coin or two from the start but in the end it will all go towards maintenance with all the mods it has.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:05 PM

No Pal your missing the point. The LS will be fast but not for long till something else pops up on it and has to get replaced. So you will save a coin or two from the start but in the end it will all go towards maintenance with all the mods it has.
First off im not your pal.
2nd off I get your point but in either case its moot at best. He's already done it. It was his car to do and he did it. And honestly if a person knows how to turn a wrench its possible to get a preowned cobalt LS and a wrecked FE5 G85 SS/SC put them together make it as quick as the TC while spending less. Is it the best route to go? No. Is it a possible route to go? Yes. Are there many other routes to go? Yes

People will always mod the base models for whatever reason. Either they didnt plan on modifying it and then got the bug. Or their parents did want them having the fast version of it. Or they wanted lower insurance rates or whatever the reason...

So in the meantime quit being an ass.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
Cavaliers suck!

Bwahwahwhahwwhawhahwe!
lmfao
Old 11-04-2009, 06:09 PM

First off im not your pal.
2nd off I get your point but in either case its moot at best. He's already done it. It was his car to do and he did it. And honestly if a person knows how to turn a wrench its possible to get a preowned cobalt LS and a wrecked FE5 G85 SS/SC put them together make it as quick as the TC while spending less. Is it the best route to go? No. Is it a possible route to go? Yes. Are there many other routes to go? Yes

People will always mod the base models for whatever reason. Either they didnt plan on modifying it and then got the bug. Or their parents did want them having the fast version of it. Or they wanted lower insurance rates or whatever the reason...

So in the meantime quit being an ass.
Not being an ass, simply stating the truth. Its just we've got a few nancy's like yourself who cannot bite the bullet. You know what, go ahead, make ur LS into a track car, I could give two *****, I laid out the facts on the table you can do what you want.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:11 PM

Just let them think what they want, in the end they'll be disappointed realizing that what they thought isn't true.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:14 PM

These cars can be had for so cheap used, I dunno what all the hoopla is about. If you really want the performance you won't care that someone put a couple thousand miles on it.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:16 PM

Not being an ass, simply stating the truth. Its just we've got a few nancy's like yourself who cannot bite the bullet. You know what, go ahead, make ur LS into a track car, I could give two *****, I laid out the facts on the table you can do what you want.
See this statement proves my previous point. But hey go ahead and be big and bad in your turbo cobalt! I could give you just as much **** for modding a cobalt. In no way did I say it was a better route to go. However its still building a car. So get off your high horse.

btw your picture on your profile... yeah you look like a crier man. If things arent your way then your upset about it. Its ok I wont tell anyone that you cry.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Acey
These cars can be had for so cheap used, I dunno what all the hoopla is about. If you really want the performance you won't care that someone put a couple thousand miles on it.
Exactly Idk where shes got 20-22k from. I bought mine for 17k brand new with like 150 miles on it.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:19 PM

Exactly Idk where shes got 20-22k from. I bought mine for 17k brand new with like 150 miles on it.
The used market around here is holding at 20k for 09 TC's with 9k on them.
Just going by what ive seen current market value. Aw that was cute crier you called me a she. Wow getting original now arent we?
Old 11-04-2009, 06:20 PM

Idiot, Rocket = a chick.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rissa
Idiot, Rocket = a chick.
Not an idiot as I had also said 20-22k Reading 1 you 0.....
Old 11-04-2009, 06:23 PM

Black was quoting Acey, who never referred to you. Maybe you should work on your comprehension.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:25 PM

See this statement proves my previous point. But hey go ahead and be big and bad in your turbo cobalt! I could give you just as much **** for modding a cobalt. In no way did I say it was a better route to go. However its still building a car. So get off your high horse.

btw your picture on your profile... yeah you look like a crier man. If things arent your way then your upset about it. Its ok I wont tell anyone that you cry.
Yea man right on the money, why dont you quit judging other guys and go put on some cheesy stickers on ur LS to make it a killer street racer! YEA! Maybe like a "Fear This" sticker for extra 10hp, or a NOS sticker, it wont be actual nitrous though with the sticker but hey you could always imagine it, throw in a few "street glow" stickers also,heard those are good for 15 hp each. YEAAAAAA! BTW case was closed a while ago.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rissa
Black was quoting Acey, who never referred to you. Maybe you should work on your comprehension.
Yes and Acey and black both posted after me. So in the real world thats called a timeline. Careful now i know its hard to keep up. But do try!

Yea man right on the money, why dont you quit judging other guys and go put on some cheesy stickers on ur LS to make it a killer street racer! YEA! Maybe like a "Fear This" sticker for extra 10hp, or a NOS sticker, it wont be actual nitrous though with the sticker but hey you could always imagine it, throw in a few "street glow" stickers also,heard those are good for 15 hp each. YEAAAAAA! BTW case was closed a while ago.
lol can you not read? I dont have an LS. Way to go **** for brains.

Last edited by CordiaDOHC; 11-04-2009 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Too many idiots in this thread its full of fail.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:30 PM

Yes and Acey and black both posted after me. So in the real world thats called a timeline. Careful now i know its hard to keep up. But do try!

lol can you not read? I dont have an LS. Way to go **** for brains.
Oh my bad you got a cobalt "Sport" an LS with a big wing. Pretty bad ass gotta hand it to ya!
Old 11-04-2009, 06:30 PM

the more you post the more you sound like a complete idiot.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:32 PM

Oh my bad you got a cobalt "Sport" an LS with a big wing. Pretty bad ass gotta hand it to ya!
lol wow so you cry and dont know ****. Btw this is my daily driver whats your excuse? oh and open your mouth to me once youve actually broken 400hp. Until then your a useless trolling ******.

Here will it make it easier for you.

Sport = SS/NA Its the same low rise as your ALL MIGHTY JESUS BUILT HOTROD FROM THE HEAVENS!

Except mines a true DD. I have no delusions of that.

Quick Reply: cobalt ls vs. 04 cavy