War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

New camaro killed

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 04:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Derek I saw your post on SVT about making your car quieter. You have 2 good options IMHO either weld in 2 Pypes M80 mid mufflers where the stock resonators were which will quiet it down some but might still drone a bit. Or switch to a GT500 axleback although this might be a PITA depending on whether you still have a factory style ball and socket connection at the axleback portion of your exhaust. This should never drone just will be loud when you want it to be and quiet when you want it to be.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I was thinking about the gt500 mufflers as my best bet, couldn't you just get the mufflers welded in place of the dynomax 'mufflers' lol might as well just be straight piped, I hate that I gotta quiet it down.. But it's only for a lil while then I'll swap back lol
Old 02-13-2013, 05:00 PM

I had the Roush axle back with an off road x and JPC over axle pipes and HATED IT. It was so freaking loud and it really didnt sound that good. I switched over to SW long tubes, off road x, kept the JPC over axles, and a gt500 axle back. Night and day difference. The car sounds amazing and it's 1/2 as loud.

As far as long tubes vs an off road x my car only gained 4whp and picked up 20ft lbs from 2500-4500rpm and then it was the same as the off road x. But I added the boss intake with an 85mm throttle body and the car picked up alittle over 3mph at the track. I can't say the long tubes weren't worth it because as a full bolt-on car the whole package seems to work great.

Procharger D1SC coming soon!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by slowstang
I had the Roush axle back with an off road x and JPC over axle pipes and HATED IT. It was so freaking loud and it really didnt sound that good. I switched over to SW long tubes, off road x, kept the JPC over axles, and a gt500 axle back. Night and day difference. The car sounds amazing and it's 1/2 as loud.

As far as long tubes vs an off road x my car only gained 4whp and picked up 20ft lbs from 2500-4500rpm and then it was the same as the off road x. But I added the boss intake with an 85mm throttle body and the car picked up alittle over 3mph at the track. I can't say the long tubes weren't worth it because as a full bolt-on car the whole package seems to work great.

So many people hate on the Boss IM but like you I love mine. Even without my long tubes and ORX on the car yet the car is an animal compared to the factory IM. It spins so hard on the 1-2 shift at 51-53 MPH (7600-7800 RPMs) that I almost always have to let off completely due to the car being instantly completely sideways. On the rare ocassion it does not go completely sideways at 60-70 MPH and I can stay on it the car gets to 120 MPH in a huge hurry. I love my GT500 axle back I cannot wait to get my longtubes and ORX on to really let the beast breathe. I need to port my Boss IM to match my BBK 90mm throttle body so I can actually take advantage of the extra flow it can provide and get rid of that reducer spacer that does nothing but cause turbulance and throttle lag at certain throttle openings.

Paxton Novi 2200 SL coming soon on mine.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by slowstang

I love the way my car sounds, it screams, not alot of drone but like I said on my thread on svtp, it's just too loud for a new born, eventually it'll be back to the way it is now but for a while its gotta quiet down lol

Here's a few vids of inside the car and outside

n the car

Outside