ZZ Performance ZZ Performance is a proud Supporting Vendor

My experience with ZZP

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt M
GMTech- feel free to start a thread to discuss the 5th injector, or post in the existing 5th injector thread. I will gladly discuss it with you, but this is obviously not the right place.
You were sent a copy of the thread I tried to start to discuss the 5th injector issues, did you forget that? It was deleted by one of your clan members. Like I said, ZZP was quickly informed of what I had posted right after their moderator deleted it, but the Cobalt Forum community here was not allowed to view it.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921
so according to gm tech, meth injection always fails as well...
I kinda see where hes coming from. Hes saying that where the port isn't very deep the injector is basically spraying against the intake manifold and puddling. Not supporting either side here, just saying.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:36 AM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz
You were sent a copy of the thread I tried to start to discuss the 5th injector issues, did you forget that? It was deleted by one of your clan members. Like I said, ZZP was quickly informed of what I had posted right after their moderator deleted it, but the Cobalt Forum community here was not allowed to view it.
Yes, I read it. I imagine that it was deleted because it started out with hostility. Had you approached the subject with something to say, but a willingness to discuss it, you would have been fine. You stated in your opening post that you don't care what anyone says and that nothing that we say could change your opinion or assessment. That's not what forums are for. Forums are for discussions. As I said, I will discuss the product with you if you take the right approach.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by FasterIsBetter
I kinda see where hes coming from. Hes saying that where the port isn't very deep the injector is basically spraying against the intake manifold and puddling. Not supporting either side here, just saying.
And yes, spraying meth into that hole would be even worse. Back to chemistry class, what's going to be harder to atomize and stay atomized, water or gasoline? I've NEVER seen anyone route their meth into a hole like that. Most guys route it into the charge pipe before the throttle plate, in a large opening where the liquid has a chance of mixing with the air before hitting the walls and condensing. If you're going to put words in my mouth, you better make sure they make sense. Saying I said "meth injection will always fail" is false, slanderous and ridiculous. I never, ever made a connection or assumption anywhere near that.

The injector being put in that hole has about a 1/16 of an inch or MAYBE 1/4 of an inch before it sprays directly onto a wall. The fuel will then turn back into liquid form and run down the passageway, to pour into the manifold on the side of the throttle body opening. Who here thinks that's a good idea? Seriously, I'm asking.

Matt, you followed me to the HPT forum and posted in one of my purely informative threads hoping to stir things up there, maybe we should post up my pictures over there and ask the experts. I'd LOVE to see what some of those guys say. You want to discuss, let's discuss with people that know what they're doing.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:44 AM
Banned

Gmtech knows WAY more then you will ever know exsoccer, that's the truth.
So you talking like you know more is really hilarious
Old 03-04-2012, 12:47 AM
Platinum Member

when did i ever say i know more than him, or act like i know everything? oh wait... i haven't. you can exi ttoo cavy, all you do is troll.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:01 AM
Former Vendor

I moved the 5th injector discussion to the proper thread- https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l...ml#post6375427
Old 03-04-2012, 01:01 AM

Hello all! Tiz I... Nizzle, one of the many resident trolls here. I just came to say ZZP > ZZP haters
Old 03-04-2012, 01:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just wanna say my dp from zzp was great quality and shipped super fast. How can you argue with the results they have on their cars?
Old 03-04-2012, 02:00 AM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
OP, sorry to hear about your problem with the motor and I hope you get it straighten out with ZZP.
Now I don't know what's the big deal with sending your motor back for them to look at it? I know it will cost some $ to do this. If you wanted a cheaper way out, you should just bought a stock engine at much less and come with some sort of warranty from GM too. Things don't always work out the first time when comes to doing extreme mod to any car.

From my personal past experience, it's better to let the vendor do the installed if one can to avoid the avoidable mistakes that can be prevented during the installation/tuning process? I could have done the turbo install myself or my mechanic to save some $, but I don't want to take any chances. So I drove 400 miles to ZZP, they did the installed/tuned, includes taken few days off work, rented hotel, and a car to explore the area. Those were the unnecessary cost, but IMO, they were well worth spending. Not that I am load with cash but it was necessary to prevent the preventable mistakes from if someone with lack of experience to do the work and tuning on those parts. I am sure many here have done this as well. Well guess what, I've already booked my hotel once again, reserved a car, booked a few days of work, spend the 400 mile trip again come spring to have ZZP do more work on my car.
Another vendor that stand behind their product/work on this forum is Powell. They are a little closer to me, about 180 miles away, which I'd made numerous trip to as well.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:29 AM

OP, I am horribly sorry to hear of your trouble. I really wish you didnt have to go through such a situation ESPECIALLY at a difficult interval in your life such as this. Your wife is def in my prayers and I hope everything turns out for the better.

Now on to my post, I dont like ZZP, absolutely hate them most of the time. BUT! VERY BIG BUT HERE, they are unfortunately right on this one. Its racing, its performance, its extreme, and to even be given a warranty is lucky. 99% of the companies in the aftermarket will tell you in their "warranty" information that they only cover defects in craftsmanship, and absolutely no coverage on a vehicle built to perform in sanctioned racing events. With that said, You should most definitely calm down, work with them, get to an agreement that both parties can agree on, and move forward. Being hard headed will only leave you broke and with a headache. You may have to bend some and it may cost you more than you wanted to spend, but you will definitely come out ahead in the long run.

As for some of the people that have come in to this thread, some of the attitudes are not necessary, the fighting is excessive and this forum suffers. Normally, I perceive Matt as very callous and rude, but in this thread he has been a ton more professional and understanding. Thank you a ton Matt, I dont know what may have changed, but I greatly appreciate it.

If Matt(& ZZP) can make such changes then we all can. Ill definitely try to chill my guns from here on out. We can all be nicer to each other, then we can help each other out drastically.

As far as the motor, over the next year or so, I will be piecing together all of the parts for a motor build. If this motor comes apart on the dyno at the first tuning session after the engine is broken in. Am I stuck with the cost? ABSOLUTELY
Will someone build me another at no cost to me? MOST LIKELY NOT
Will the engine builder comp me an engine or rental car? I wont ever assume that he will.

SO please everyone calm down a little and lets try to hash out our differences with respect and see if we can get our common goal completed.

l8r,
PD

ps: my car burns oil also, bad turbo seals, had the turbo less than a month when they started letting oil by, it was completely my fault, I screwed up the oil feed setup. I couldve asked BW for a new turbo, but didnt. Spent my time talking to them about what causes it and how I can get it fixed. Ill be fixing at my expense. I race, I abuse my car, I expect absolutely no warranty.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:30 AM

Hello :-)
Old 03-04-2012, 02:34 AM

Yes, I read it. I imagine that it was deleted because it started out with hostility. Had you approached the subject with something to say, but a willingness to discuss it, you would have been fine. You stated in your opening post that you don't care what anyone says and that nothing that we say could change your opinion or assessment. That's not what forums are for. Forums are for discussions. As I said, I will discuss the product with you if you take the right approach.
Watch it Matt, there you go misquoting me again. If you're gonna put words in my mouth, they better be accurate. What you said there was close, but taken out of context and twisted just a tad to give it a different feel. Here's my EXACT wording...

Anything you say will not change my assessment or opinion, and I really don't care what you think or feel about me.
I did not say that "I did not care what anyone says". What you (mis)quoted me saying is false, misleading and inflammatory. What I said was "I really don't care what YOU think or feel about me". Where did I say "I don't care what anyone says"? I don't care what you think or feel about me. Since I have no respect for you as a person how you "feel" about me is meaningless.

You were closer on the other part of the quote, I did say exactly "Anything YOU say will not change my assessment or opinion". I stand behind that statement. Again, nothing you can say to try to justify putting an injector in that hole will change my assessment or opinion. You think you can come up with some scenario that I've never considered and I'd go "OH MY GOD, YOU'RE RIGHT, IT'S PERFECTLY FINE TO DO IT THAT WAY"? Dude, I've spent many years in mechanical and electrical engineering classes and have followed that up with 30 years of GM factory training, and hundreds of hours of off the job training. Nothing you can say will change my assessment because you're wrong. You can't justify wrong, no matter how much you try, it's still wrong.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:41 AM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
@ OP, I am sorry to hear of your troubles.
At first glance, the way you posted it, it seemed to me to likely be a ring issue ~ but... (more in a bit)

@ GMtech - You do make great points, and you do sometimes have great posts, but you also generally come off as argumentive, most people here are active for one of the following reasons;
  1. They're looking for like minded enthusaists to have some fun with OR they're stuck with a POS compact, and looking to BS, and have some fun... with other poor saps
  2. they're looking to see what's going on in the scene
  3. they're experienced, and interested in helping like minded enthusiasts
  4. they're looking to troll, and raise crap
  5. a little from all of the above

What am I getting at?

Although your opinions might be appreciated, you might get yourself worked up a little and not let things slide...

PS what are those two pictures you posted?

@Matt;

Hello to everyone- this is Matt from ZZP. ...
Sorry for the long post, but this needed to be said. We all like Jeb and we want his car to be right. I still think this issue can be worked out if the car is shipped to ZZP, so the offer still stands. Thanks for your time.

Wow.

That has to be the best, most tempered, reply to a complaint I've ever read you post.

@ OP
After reading Matt's seemingly level headed posting here, I have to say that what he say seems plausible ~ and if some of what he posted (which seems to contradict you) is in fact correct, I'd encourage you to look into shipping your car to their shop.

Again, I'm sorry to hear of your spot ~ and I hope you can get this all figured out in short order.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:48 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BlkWdoSS
As for some of the people that have come in to this thread, some of the attitudes are not necessary, the fighting is excessive and this forum suffers. Normally, I perceive Matt as very callous and rude, but in this thread he has been a ton more professional and understanding. Thank you a ton Matt, I dont know what may have changed, but I greatly appreciate it.
Thanks. As I was saying earlier, there is a difference between arguing with someone that regularly posts anti-zzp and working with a customer that is disappointed with his zzp experience. I understand that Jeb is upset right now and seeing things a little out of focus. I wouldn't want to ruin the chance to work things out by fighting with him on the forum.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:48 AM
Premium Member

can I haz free shipping of my car to ZZP?

seriously tho OP to expect a company to cover the shipping upfront in this situation is a bit blissfully ignorant. GL tho i know the feeling of bein down a motor on a DD.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:53 AM
Former Vendor

Watch it Matt, there you go misquoting me again. If you're gonna put words in my mouth, they better be accurate. What you said there was close, but taken out of context and twisted just a tad to give it a different feel. Here's my EXACT wording...

I did not say that "I did not care what anyone says". What you (mis)quoted me saying is false, misleading and inflammatory. What I said was "I really don't care what YOU think or feel about me". Where did I say "I don't care what anyone says"? I don't care what you think or feel about me. Since I have no respect for you as a person how you "feel" about me is meaningless.

You were closer on the other part of the quote, I did say exactly "Anything YOU say will not change my assessment or opinion". I stand behind that statement. Again, nothing you can say to try to justify putting an injector in that hole will change my assessment or opinion. You think you can come up with some scenario that I've never considered and I'd go "OH MY GOD, YOU'RE RIGHT, IT'S PERFECTLY FINE TO DO IT THAT WAY"? Dude, I've spent many years in mechanical and electrical engineering classes and have followed that up with 30 years of GM factory training, and hundreds of hours of off the job training. Nothing you can say will change my assessment because you're wrong. You can't justify wrong, no matter how much you try, it's still wrong.
Sorry, I didn't mean "anyone" in a literal manner. I should have said "anyone at zzp" to be more specific. As far as your arguments about the injector, I moved that to the appropriate thread.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:05 AM

Hello another Sky here. woooooo.... that was a hell of a read. Jeb, wish you luck. "It's just a Saturn" LOL and the LNF was originally designed for what cars? Kappa's.

Last edited by 40rty; 03-04-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:45 AM

drawing straws? I just dont understand people like this...
Old 03-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 40rty
Hello another Sky here. woooooo.... that was a hell of a read. Jeb, wish you luck. "It's just a Saturn" LOL and the LNF was originally designed for what cars? Kappa's.
U mad, it was me that said it, looks at sig, shrugs.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:10 AM

& ZZP still offers to look at the car after all of this...very nice...I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having OP, Hope everything works out ya
Old 03-04-2012, 09:45 AM

why don't you just shut your ******* mouth and understand that my posts are to help you realize that everything you say is one, making you look like an idiot. and two, not helping your case with zzp at all. i'm on no ones side here. i guess you're just too one sided to read my post from before so i'll quote it for you.

Dude, Why are you cursing at me? Is this really required for you to make your point? I no longer have a case with ZZP. I have said my piece, and apparently in makes you so mad you feel the need to make personal attacks on me.

Please don't say you are on no ones side. That is completely ridiculous.

all this **** you've been saying along with creating this thread in the first place. i wouldn't even return your calls let alone try and figure out a problem with a motor that i haven't seen since we shipped it out and have no idea what was done to it.
Well then its a good thing you dont own a performance shop. Because you would fail.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by jonnymerk
can I haz free shipping of my car to ZZP?

seriously tho OP to expect a company to cover the shipping upfront in this situation is a bit blissfully ignorant. GL tho i know the feeling of bein down a motor on a DD.
In the end I agreed to pay shipping. I did not agree to pay 800 bucks for removal and replacement of the engine plus paying shipping.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:53 AM

Thanks. As I was saying earlier, there is a difference between arguing with someone that regularly posts anti-zzp and working with a customer that is disappointed with his zzp experience. I understand that Jeb is upset right now and seeing things a little out of focus. I wouldn't want to ruin the chance to work things out by fighting with him on the forum.
Matt you have been professional in this thread. However, the mod exsoccer, has not. He is acting like I made personal attacks towards him. If he doesn't have time to be a moderator, then maybe he should give up his mod responsibilities because obviously people like me, who have a legitimate discussion, waste his valuable time.

This whole ordeal is bad for all parties involved. Unfortunately I will not be shipping ZZP my car. There are several reasons. Money is one. Don't misunderstand me, I have the money to do it and pay for everything. I simply don't feel like I should. I am not paying for this based on principle. I would rather have another LNF shop do they work and pay them.

Please do not assume my judgment is clouded or I am being irrational. Things are in focus for me. I know where my priorities are.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple
I just wanna say my dp from zzp was great quality and shipped super fast. How can you argue with the results they have on their cars?
I understand that many many people have had positive experiences with them. But just because you had a good experience, does not mean everyone else will.

Quick Reply: My experience with ZZP