2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

And So It Begins - Another ZZP Engine Swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 11:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 04-30-2012, 11:38 PM

Well, I found the issue. It was dark last night and I was tired so I just assumed the MAF sensor went. The lower charge pipe had popped off so it wasn't reading anything. My dad wanted to help so I gave him the easy job and here he couldn't even do that, lol. He didn't get it tight enough around the throttle body. It runs amazing now and I can't wait to get a new o-ring for the bov so I won't have any boost leaks.

Btw, around how long does it take/around how many miles for the rings to seat in the LNFs? I have put around 50-60 miles on it so far and it seems to be getting better, but it was puffing a little bit of smoke out every now and then that smells like oil which I knew was normal for a new never ran engine. I have done a few quick wot pulls @ 15psi to seat the rings, not really ***** out or anything due to it being a new engine, but from 3.5 to around 5-6k. It does seem to be getting better and doing it less and less as I drive it, I'm just worried maybe my turbo seals/bearings got damaged by the coolant that contaminated the oil when the head gasket blew.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FasterIsBetter
Well, I found the issue. It was dark last night and I was tired so I just assumed the MAF sensor went. The lower charge pipe had popped off so it wasn't reading anything. My dad wanted to help so I gave him the easy job and here he couldn't even do that, lol. He didn't get it tight enough around the throttle body. It runs amazing now and I can't wait to get a new o-ring for the bov so I won't have any boost leaks.

Btw, around how long does it take/around how many miles for the rings to seat in the LNFs? I have put around 50-60 miles on it so far and it seems to be getting better, but it was puffing a little bit of smoke out every now and then that smells like oil which I knew was normal for a new never ran engine. I have done a few quick wot pulls @ 15psi to seat the rings, not really ***** out or anything due to it being a new engine, but from 3.5 to around 5-6k. It does seem to be getting better and doing it less and less as I drive it, I'm just worried maybe my turbo seals/bearings got damaged by the coolant that contaminated the oil when the head gasket blew.
If your last motor failed and dumped some oil in the exhaust, then it is going to smoke for a while. Just remember, don't run high boost early on, and let your car decellerate several times.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah mine smoked for a while but i was glad i had the catted downpipe on, switched to my catless and it helped a lot. I put about 500 miles on my car before getting into any major amount of boost keep it under 5 psi for the most part, i took it up to redline a few times and like matt said like the car decelerate. After the 500 mark changed the oil and slowly introduced it back to boost, in intervals of 5 psi (5, 10, 15).
Old 05-01-2012, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Matt M
If your last motor failed and dumped some oil in the exhaust, then it is going to smoke for a while. Just remember, don't run high boost early on, and let your car decellerate several times.
Nah, its a diff exhaust. Straight pipe side exit with a muffler. Cmillers old set up. Downpipe is the same but it never did smoke on the last engine, just had horrible internal noise. I'll engine brake more then. Its not going over 15 for a while.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:23 AM

Btw, Idk if its where Its a stroker but theres def an exhaust tone change. I just noticed most people noticed no lope or exhaust tone change with cams but I def noticed it has more of a gurgle down low and a slight lope when it idles down.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:23 PM

Here's some more photos from the build. Figured I'd post em up on here.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:46 PM

Found my misfire issue at idle, low rpm. Where the oil was introduced into the cylinders when the rings were seating, the plugs were a lil nasty. Cleaned them up and all is well! I'll probably order another set of new plugs.