2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Official Procharger Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Luv2Race
Im stuck on whether I want to go with this nice ass setup with the progcharger or go with a full swap turbo kit. I want to make some great power and I have heard the turbo kits that are being worked on sound promising with power and all and thats what im looking for 350whp+ any help or opinions would be nice.
The procharger is a more simple swap with good potential, and that's it's advantage over the turbo. The downside is the parasitic loss that comes with it and the fact that it's limited by engine rpm; this doesn't mean it's any less viable, it's just the nature of the compressor.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:54 PM

Whats the max boost this procharger can dish out. Cause I want to be in the 400+ area.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Smarty Art
Whats the max boost this procharger can dish out. Cause I want to be in the 400+ area.
You would just need to pay attention to the amount of HP it can support which is 650HP I believe. But, the smallest pulley appears to be 2.25" and the size above that which is 2.55" makes 22-25psi as listed above.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Speed Mafia
We are still deciding if we want to utilize the LS1 MAF setup and Atmospheric BOV or Recirculation setup those are in the air and what is going to give is the best performance and long term results.

Have any idea's let us know
As a little tip about the MAF, the stock MAF will work fine on a blow-through type setup. On a turbo charged redline we set it up like this and it handles ~310whp worth of airflow nicely. It will max at 12k hz and 310whp is showing just shy of 11k hz.

Obviously the LS1 will handle metering more air but with our stock one, just increase pipe diameter slightly and problem solved (sample size increase).
Old 06-22-2007, 08:18 PM

We are still deciding if we want to utilize the LS1 MAF setup and Atmospheric BOV or Recirculation setup those are in the air and what is going to give is the best performance and long term results.

Have any idea's let us know
Well, if the LS1 MAF can read higher than the stock one, and it can be calibrated via HPTuners, I would go that route. A nice adapter harness for a "plug and play" setup would probably be a big hit with the guys on here to keep the install easy without extra wiring. Just my thoughts though. Keep up the great work!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:21 PM

question now is...do i want a house? or do i want to scare the **** out of some local evo's? hmmmmm.....

very tough decision.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:38 PM

how long before everything is ready for sale. are we talking months or years?
Old 06-22-2007, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by drailSS
how long before everything is ready for sale. are we talking months or years?
well if things go right....we are talking weeks...but remember from the time of ordering the head unit it could take 2 weeks and then about 2-3 days of tuning and when numbers are done and full page dedicated to the kit and pics and dyno numbers...then we will have a solid production kit, i personally have Brackets and Misc parts for this so orders will be out the door as soon as the head unit are fabricated from ProCharger!

So no real wait time and again if we can get a large enough order that = an awesome price!

So i wish i could have a date specific or a price but as soon as we have a solid kit and putting down numbers you guys will be the first to know!

Chevy Tech where we at do you think with a time frame...etc
Old 06-23-2007, 01:31 PM

Im pushing for 2 weeks for the kit installed with the mockup and everthing. and then a short time after that for the blower and tuning.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:50 PM

speedmafia. sent ya a pm. plz reply, im really curious to know if that lil idea of mines is even feasable....
Old 06-23-2007, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by BravoPuma6
speedmafia. sent ya a pm. plz reply, im really curious to know if that lil idea of mines is even feasable....
Pm'd back....ENJOY! AND
Old 06-24-2007, 04:35 AM

Question Deja Vu

Kevin,
You know I'm interested, and I actually have the money, but............................
Not even a prototype kit finish, the only pics available are of somebody holding the procharger in place, and you're already talking about a deposit.
I understand getting excited about this thing but you should really make it work and show people real results, ON THE COBALT.
For all the kids about to jump on this, I don't want to hear about this thing working on anything else and how it shouldn't be a problem to fabricate a few parts and POOF magic. When JBJ has something actually mounted and is ready to start the tuning process then we MIGHT have reason to get anxious. Anyone remember the Hahn Twincharge or Tag Twinscrew? Each time I talked to Hahn they said it was being fine tuned and should only be about another week. That was over six months ago. And the Twinscrew, you don't even want me to start on that one.
I'm not saying this project is going to follow the path of the others but we need true, reliable, Dyno produced numbers, and drivable performance, again, ON THE COBALT.

Now I expect some of you that have read this to dazzle me with your ignorance and attack this post, but that's understandable. Those people will always exist. Some just don't want to accept reality.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:00 AM

I think most people learned their lesson on this site with deposits. I don't see anyone putting a deposit down until its proven.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jumpin Fool
Kevin,
You know I'm interested, and I actually have the money, but............................
Not even a prototype kit finish, the only pics available are of somebody holding the procharger in place, and you're already talking about a deposit.
I understand getting excited about this thing but you should really make it work and show people real results, ON THE COBALT.
For all the kids about to jump on this, I don't want to hear about this thing working on anything else and how it shouldn't be a problem to fabricate a few parts and POOF magic. When JBJ has something actually mounted and is ready to start the tuning process then we MIGHT have reason to get anxious. Anyone remember the Hahn Twincharge or Tag Twinscrew? Each time I talked to Hahn they said it was being fine tuned and should only be about another week. That was over six months ago. And the Twinscrew, you don't even want me to start on that one.
I'm not saying this project is going to follow the path of the others but we need true, reliable, Dyno produced numbers, and drivable performance, again, ON THE COBALT.

Now I expect some of you that have read this to dazzle me with your ignorance and attack this post, but that's understandable. Those people will always exist. Some just don't want to accept reality.

I Think this is right on the Money with any1 that has been here for more than a year! We all love to see new Products, But every1 Knows some1 on here that was a Ginny Pig & got screwed!
Old 06-24-2007, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by WSFrazier
I think most people learned their lesson on this site with deposits. I don't see anyone putting a deposit down until its proven.
Thats why i will not except a dime till we have to prototype finished but i would like to get a list going so we know where we are with this product...

So trust me i have had offers to take money and i will not! So i am on the same boat with you guys but i am feeling things out and making sure we have enough gear heads willing to make the power we know it will make.

So thanks for the concerns and sorry to the guys we did take the deposit but we are still out about 1 week....

Originally Posted by Jumpin Fool
Kevin,

Dude i am so with you! no worries and i dont do business like that! So that is why we are waiting just a week out we will have for sure the bracket mounted and belt hooked up and will be starting on piping and intake side so thanks for the concerns and trust me i feel the same damn way man...i dont pull Sh@t like that and take peoples money and hold...i dont need money that bad we are in this for the fun and in it for the power not for the money as you will see and know the price is very reasonable.

Last edited by Speed Mafia; 06-24-2007 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-24-2007, 03:17 PM

Thats why i will not except a dime till we have to prototype finished but i would like to get a list going so we know where we are with this product...

So trust me i have had offers to take money and i will not! So i am on the same boat with you guys but i am feeling things out and making sure we have enough gear heads willing to make the power we know it will make.

So thanks for the concerns and sorry to the guys we did take the deposit but we are still out about 1 week....

Dude i am so with you! no worries and i dont do business like that! So that is why we are waiting just a week out we will have for sure the bracket mounted and belt hooked up and will be starting on piping and intake side so thanks for the concerns and trust me i feel the same damn way man...i dont pull Sh@t like that and take peoples money and hold...i dont need money that bad we are in this for the fun and in it for the power not for the money as you will see and know the price is very reasonable.
Excellent, I'm glad you are in this for fun and to make some power; that's what we need is someone who is really interested in advancing the Cobalt and Redline so we can have some real fun against some real cars.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey851
Excellent, I'm glad you are in this for fun and to make some power; that's what we need is someone who is really interested in advancing the Cobalt and Redline so we can have some real fun against some real cars.
Thats why its my car on the chopping block. If I didnt own the prototype car it would be a different story. But Im with you all the way. All I want to see is JBJ/SMP Power in every cobalt that kills vettes, evo`s ,and Sti`s. I want more videos on the web of cobalts showing people what the tail lights really look like

Thats why Speed Mafia and JBJ are in this. The deposite will be only after I have started and ran the car with the mockup. Also the deposite will keep the price down for everyone.
and thats all.

Old 06-24-2007, 06:32 PM

again, SMP != hahn, tag, tnt auto. SMP delivers.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by chevytech007
Thats why its my car on the chopping block. If I didnt own the prototype car it would be a different story. But Im with you all the way. All I want to see is JBJ/SMP Power in every cobalt that kills vettes, evo`s ,and Sti`s. I want more videos on the web of cobalts showing people what the tail lights really look like

Thats why Speed Mafia and JBJ are in this. The deposite will be only after I have started and ran the car with the mockup. Also the deposite will keep the price down for everyone.
and thats all.

Man dont lie you know you love having yoru car on the chopping block testing it by racing Evo's and STI's and Vettes....lol!
Old 06-24-2007, 09:15 PM

Man dont lie you know you love having yoru car on the chopping block testing it by racing Evo's and STI's and Vettes....lol!
OK, But it looks sad now.

besides I could kill those evos before the procharger. Just wait till afterwards
Old 06-25-2007, 01:46 AM

ok so ill b ready for this kit when i get back lol ill ccall you probly around tuesday i leave thursday.... so i will deff get ahold of you before then! im excited!! lol
Old 06-25-2007, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by 0redline6
ok so ill b ready for this kit when i get back lol ill ccall you probly around tuesday i leave thursday.... so i will deff get ahold of you before then! im excited!! lol
I see you want to procharged #2

And I did some searching to find out that if you convert the c2 procharger to lbs/min like a turbocharger then its 75.9 lbs/min.

So I searched on the web to see some compressor maps. I found that even the larger turbochargers have a hard time flowing with the procharger. with a max pressure ratio of 2.64 (24psi) The only turbo keeping up is a gt4088r @ 75 lbs ish! Just some food for thought. Only problem is I dont have a compressor map for the C1 or C2 so I only know that max outputs.

If you take in the fact that it takes 30hp ish to run the procharger we are still going to be able to make some really good numbers

Man, I get more excited the more I look at it.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:59 AM

Man, I get more excited the more I look at it.
+9999999999
Old 06-25-2007, 10:30 AM

IIf you take in the fact that it takes 30hp ish to run the procharger we are still going to be able to make some really good numbers
IF THAT! i dont even think it takes that much to drive it...i could say if pushing max boost it takes allot to pressurize that much air so i could see it having to take 30Fly Wheel HP, at the max, But again you would be pushing 24psi...at 1000cfm....so for milder applications like 10psi i would say no more then 5 fly wheel hp...what really helps the blower is the setup gear ratio of 4.70:1.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:29 PM

have a real quick question. what would be the difference if you gut gutted the supercharger and put the c-1 on and run the piping that way. this way you could run a "intercooler" piping from the gutted supercharger and the procharger and have the procharger with a real front mount. or just run the pipe from the procharger to the thottle body on the supercharger. either way it just seems it would cost less to use what you already have?

Quick Reply: Official Procharger Build Thread