Forced Induction Turbos/Superchargers

Going ZZP Twincharged- 2nd Buyer

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Area47
if the end user changes the boost level. yes this is a problem. it is no different than running 40psi on a turbo car with a 3 bar map sensor.
yes it will run like ass between 28-40psi. if the car is tuned for 40psi on that set up and is happy at that. run with it. the time spent between 28psi and 40psi is very very small in a large frame turbo car on the track.

the larger the maf housing is, the more resolution you lose down low. this is not a win win situation. band aiding the problem with fooling the computer isn't the answer. we don't have a working solution, and using a glorified "map clamp" isn't the answer.

i didn't give the exact answer, this is what the whole ordeal is about. it is no great mystery how it works. between those cell's the ecm interpolates between the numbers.

then again. what do i know.
Area has proven himself time and time again... he shouldn't be suspect to this, he is slandered and called out on numerous occasions, and yet he takes the infractions. He shouldn't have to prove himself to you, but yet he does. He has done more for the LSJ commmunity (with help from others... you know who you are), he even takes the time out to help me... I am no expert, not even worth being on the same field as Area, Witt, Alpha, 06black, and 06blackg85ss. But each and everyone of them will and have helped me out from time to time! Why because that is what they are here to do... NO they don't give you the 100% answer everytime, why because that is how you learn by doing it yourself.

I'm done here... just ranting... I dont' think it's right, that just because Zoooomie give .net so much money makes him untouchable, and when he is WRONG he should admit he's WRONG but does not!

/rant
Old 03-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
i am not going into the great detail of it. i never have. i never said matt was wrong, he is just going into greater detail about it. as i have stated before. im not here to spoon feed people. i was not spoon fed. i was given an idea and i went my own way with it. this is how i learned in the lsj world, and how to exceed the norms.

there is nothing different being done. we all have the same set of boundries to deal with. the maf being one of them.

you increase the size of the maf housing, you lower the affective hz on the high side and lose resolution down low. simply put. the maf hz drops down from hitting the wall of it.

the same way it works in a 1g dsm on the stock mas air. they hit a wall really fast when air starts moving. on the bottom of the maf there is a screw covered in silicone. back this screw out. it lets more air in that is not metered. this also allows the end user to "move" more air so to speak without hitting fuel cut, or boost cut. the down side to this. you have to know whats going on with the afr, knock and other things before you start going to town with the boost and your new found fun. this simply put is a way to do with the a larger maf housing on the lsj. you are moving more air around the maf itself instead of through it. in a fucked up nutshell.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Area47
if the end user changes the boost level. yes this is a problem. it is no different than running 40psi on a turbo car with a 3 bar map sensor.
yes it will run like ass between 28-40psi. if the car is tuned for 40psi on that set up and is happy at that. run with it. the time spent between 28psi and 40psi is very very small in a large frame turbo car on the track.

the larger the maf housing is, the more resolution you lose down low. this is not a win win situation. band aiding the problem with fooling the computer isn't the answer. we don't have a working solution, and using a glorified "map clamp" isn't the answer.

i didn't give the exact answer, this is what the whole ordeal is about. it is no great mystery how it works. between those cell's the ecm interpolates between the numbers.

then again. what do i know.
But you keep bringing up "between those cells" when the problem is AFTER the last cell. It does not extrapolate, so why keep hinting that it does?

As you said, "run with it", you are suggesting to keep the boost level the same. Our solution will allow you to change the boost level, which is an obvious advantage.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Closed pending Moderation discussion about the conduct of some members and how it is to be addressed...