General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Warranty Denied...all read

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
That's a really great quote, however is Mr. Porsche talking about normal street driving or spirited driving? I can easily, though not legally, drive the **** out of my car on the streets.

No like at Le-Mans... I think the 911's that he is talking about are a bit diferent than the cars we drive.

I just like the quote and felt that it was on topic seeing how we are talking about the street and the dragstrip being the same.

I'd like to point out that the first 60 Feet of a dragstrip is almost pure rubber and has a wonderful grip that you will not find on any street on the planet. That grip puts added and unnatural load on the driveshafts, tranny and clutch. Have you ever wondered why people start slipping their clutch after a day at the Drag but can drive for hundreds of thousands of miles on the street?
Old 09-28-2006, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Brian MP5T
No like at Le-Mans... I think the 911's that he is talking about are a bit diferent than the cars we drive.

I just like the quote and felt that it was on topic seeing how we are talking about the street and the dragstrip being the same.

I'd like to point out that the first 60 Feet of a dragstrip is almost pure rubber and has a wonderful grip that you will not find on any street on the planet. That grip puts added and unnatural load on the driveshafts, tranny and clutch. Have you ever wondered why people start slipping their clutch after a day at the Drag but can drive for hundreds of thousands of miles on the street?
I can still can put a hurting on my car on the streets if I felt inclined to do so. And yes, the 911's they run at Le-Mans are different from the cars we drive.

It's all asphault(sp?) to me.

If the first 60 feet of a drag strip are as grippy as you say I sure didn't experience it at the track. I got better traction turning onto the highway leaving it than I ever did in either of the two lanes I was in. Maybe it's the case at other tracks.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:50 PM

No Dude, You've got it all wrong. I'm a realist. I'm like a Bloodhound for Bullshit.

I don't go around complaining. I read the posts and tell you exactly what I think about the situation Blunty. I have never Sugar Coated anything I have ever said to anyone. I think you are now simply "Massaging" the facts and backtracking to save face.

Peace "Out"

brian, i could really care less what people thought about me. im not backtracking anything. when i dropped my car off at my dealer, there was 4 cobalts getting either tranny's or axles done. when my friend went in there to get his car back because he was denied, he saw 2 new ones getting work done. there are NUMEROUS balt owners getting yanked and its not fair. i dont understand how u can make a blunt statement saying thats its my fault the tranny went because i was at the track. it couldve happened on the street. it couldve happened under normal driving. for all i know, it couldve happened 1 day later heading to work. the point is, i dont know if it was my fault, i dont know its the tranny just locked up because something broke because of a defective part. do you know why i dont know...? because GM doesnt know because GM doesnt care to look into the problem. its fine if you wanna be blunt and not sugarcoat anything. just make sure you know all the facts before u start accusing that it was my fault.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by inhale
brian, i could really care less what people thought about me. im not backtracking anything. when i dropped my car off at my dealer, there was 4 cobalts getting either tranny's or axles done.....
Change Dealers... It's worth $200.00 to have it towed.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:54 PM

Once it goes to GM they have the case on their Interweb. The next dealer would also answer to the same GM service rep.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:54 PM

already spoke to GM customer service, the GM service manager and they both say the same thing. being that the GM Rep came to look at my car, it doesnt matter what dealership i take it to. my VIN is red flagged and any gm shop is not allowed to perform the work on my car. if it was that simple i wouldve. plus i have triple a so there is no fee for towing.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:55 PM

yo brian whoever you are. dont come onto our forums and think you can talk **** to us. first of all u drive a mazda, not a cobalt. 2nd of all any cobalt can beat the **** out of ur lil mazda. my grandma in here toyota camry could kill you. dont assume stuff about people on this..."oh u drop the clutch at 4 grand and kill your tranny." seriously just stay out of this...get a life..and stay out of these cobalt forums...the site name is not mazdass.net..so please dont talk **** on our site.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by iLLmaTic3s
yo brian whoever you are. dont come onto our forums and think you can talk **** to us. first of all u drive a mazda, not a cobalt. 2nd of all any cobalt can beat the **** out of ur lil mazda. my grandma in here toyota camry could kill you. dont assume stuff about people on this..."oh u drop the clutch at 4 grand and kill your tranny." seriously just stay out of this...get a life..and stay out of these cobalt forums...the site name is not mazdass.net..so please dont talk **** on our site.
You don't have to have a Cobalt to contribute to this site, nor is what one says automatically turned to gold by owning one.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:02 PM

You obviously have no Idea Who I am or what I drive..
Old 09-28-2006, 08:03 PM

He's been around quite a while and like everyone else in life he's going to have a different opinion on some things. Don't bash him because he drives a Mazda. He does contribute some useful stuff. That post is out of line and off topic and ricerish as hell.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:09 PM

ok yeah i know its cool to join the site. but dont insult us those. yes maybe at times u have had good input on things. its sucks that all these cobalts are havin these problems. those tranny's and engines support up to 400-500hp mods. they should not break down like that. just dont assume things..im not a big fan of that. but what GM is doing is unfair. haning tires is driver abuse..sounds quite odd. its just totally unfair. so if i pissed u off brian, my bad bro. its just sucks over here w/ all these cars.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:13 PM

ok yeah i know its cool to join the site. but dont insult us those. yes maybe at times u have had good input on things. its sucks that all these cobalts are havin these problems. those tranny's and engines support up to 400-500hp mods. they should not break down like that. just dont assume things..im not a big fan of that. but what GM is doing is unfair. haning tires is driver abuse..sounds quite odd. its just totally unfair. so if i pissed u off brian, my bad bro. its just sucks over here w/ all these cars.

You didn't **** me off.

I have a better understanding of your problem and I agree that this is being handled poorly.

GM's Service < GM's Product Line
Old 09-28-2006, 08:22 PM

yeah what can u do...gm is being so stupid by screwing people over...
Old 09-28-2006, 09:09 PM

My dealer is deal chevy and there helping me mod my car with out voiding the warrenty and there doing it in writing that if some thing breaks they will fix it no questions asked.

nice people pluse I bought two cobalts at once from them.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:29 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
wow look what I missed the few hours I was gone to work on my car.... well my **** is all back together pending my rad coming in tomorrow from gm... but yeah... the point was not warranty on abuse... it was the point that nothing was ever checked or looked at... they did the same thing with my car... I just got lucky and ended up with a broken axle (that I just replaced tonight) and a cracked rad (unrelated incident) ,, the point is there are a lot more people out here with the same **** happening on stock cars I"ve seen at least 6 locally in the dealerships and when I inquired about it... broken axles clutch or tranny.... and that was just this week... I spoke with gm about the 100 or so tristate area cobalts that are broken... and its true,, they are denying warranty work on about 95 % of them only thing they are covering is blown clutches due to slave cylinder failure,....
but come on guys... this negative bashing bullshit has really got to stop... help a brother out... and in the words of my favorite quote "Cant we all just get along".... I just hope you guys can go through the same **** and face a 6k tranny job.... I really think you;d be on here putting downt the same ****....
but anyway... I'll fix his **** and he'll be back... and it's not gonna cost close to the gm figure...
Old 09-28-2006, 09:43 PM

paul your the man...hope u knew that..lol. get at me soon. do u know ifkenny made that intake...well if he did its goin in next week...cuz he is away so i think we cant work on mikes car and fix all this bullshit from gm
Old 09-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by That Cobalt LT Guy
My dealer is deal chevy and there helping me mod my car with out voiding the warrenty and there doing it in writing that if some thing breaks they will fix it no questions asked.

nice people pluse I bought two cobalts at once from them.

Deal or Del? I bought my car from Del in Paoli and they were just an aesome bunch. the service guy was extremely helpful and quick about getting my car in and fixed (mirror and rough idle) Shame I moved to where the problems are at.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:41 AM

let me know if he's getting his car back... I was gonna order a radiator from gm today cause my car is pretty much done./// should have it back on the road tonight.... if I can get that rad... leaving work early to go over there, so if you need me after 1 just give me a call
Old 09-29-2006, 07:59 AM

yeah if kenny is there...can u see if that intake is made so we cud pop in my car..im not sure if we are gonna get mikes car in there yet. a lady from the BBB is investigatin this issue right now..so..otherwise hows ur car..its suruvivin from all this drama..lol
Old 09-29-2006, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Evilfrog
GM didnt design the tranning to last up to people revving the engine up to 4 grand and side stepping the clutch. Which happens on the track. Not to much on the street. And im sure it does happen on the street. Im also sure it will grenade a transmission in a honda. Im also sure Honda wouldnt replace said transmission.

As far as that case...it sucks to be him. And he should fight it. But the guy with the 2.6 pully and a tune wasnt making any power that the transmission was designed for. And that is one of the reason dealerships might be less likely to replace transmissions in cars that arent abused.
thing is every one and there mother knows that a cobalt reved over even say 2000 and side steps the clutch is gonna spin till the world freezes back over so know one would keep doing it to get any kinda decent track time. Ah i wasting my time who knows whats going on but i do truly believe that the reasons for all the messed trannies is a split between noobs, wheel hop, and TQ. Since half the members here dont have high enoungh TQ numbers to break much its more of the first two.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:28 AM

well I was there the day it broke and I can tell you there was no clutch drop no wheel hop no tire spin.... everyone was taking it easy after I broke in the water box 5 min after getting there.... I watched his run and was lined up 1 car back next to him... He left lightly off the line at basically idle....
Old 09-29-2006, 09:29 AM

also if I can find a rad today... car will be out tonight... axles and suspension are back together my supercharger is back on my car... just need to reinstall the following:
adj tensioner, gm STGII belt, my 60lb inj, radiator, front bumper, retune, and rear tranny mount and ingalls if I have the time... shouldn't take me too long
Old 09-29-2006, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
also if I can find a rad today... car will be out tonight... axles and suspension are back together my supercharger is back on my car... just need to reinstall the following:
adj tensioner, gm STGII belt, my 60lb inj, radiator, front bumper, retune, and rear tranny mount and ingalls if I have the time... shouldn't take me too long
do the tune and injectors while there. everything else you can throw on easy some where else if need be.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:39 AM

I'll be done with everything by the time you get there
Old 09-29-2006, 09:43 AM
Banned

You obviously have no Idea Who I am or what I drive..
True but who cares! Right? (Just kidding)

Quick Reply: Warranty Denied...all read