Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cobalt>evo>sti
Old 01-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BPacak
cobalt>evo>sti
Thank you
Now go tell CR that buahahaha jk you would get flamed for eternity, thats why I stay off that site, too many honda & dsm fan boys.
For what I am into I would rather have a LNF over a sti or evo, I like being different & the fact that every turn you make you see a spoiled silver spoon w/one makes me proud to have a LNF. My cobalt is my dd in good weather, even if I owned a sti/evo it would be parked to keep in prestine condition during these lovely winter months we NE ohians get to enjoy every year for damn near 6 months.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:29 PM

I'd prefer an STi. Easier to DD, and on top of that I seen an STi owner pull over 1g turns n RE11s. Please and thank you.

And if it were an EVO, they're just not great as a DD. And if it happened to be an Evo, it'd have to be a 4g63. But good luck trying to find an Evo that hasn't been beat to ****.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Lifter
But good luck trying to find an Evo that hasn't been beat to ****.
and that is the reason i bought a cobalt. and yeah CR hates on cobalts like its their job lol.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Premium Member

and that is the reason i bought a cobalt. and yeah CR hates on cobalts like its their job lol.
Sti's & Evo's are out of my price range, I like the fact I was able to afford my car brand new,not beatin & un molested. Yeah CR despises cobalts of all models oh well, just like they tried tellin me stock vs stock on a roll a lnf would get walked by an evo & an sti ROFL!
The fact that the car is american makes feel even better about owning one, manufactured right here in ohio so my money went towards fellow hard working ohians not some slope supporting a family of 15
Old 01-18-2011, 05:45 PM

You guys are draining me lol
Old 01-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

yeah that too, way to expensive. i got mine for 18,500 with 5k miles it was mint and it was some old guy that traded it in for a new mustang so i know it wasnt beat on. and that was in july 09 so it was a damn good price at the time. yeah im trying to pick up some charge pipes and a mpx exhaust before spring, then get a tune in spring and show them that a cobalt isnt all that bad. already have a k&n sri and zzp catless dp. maybe pick up a mpx intercooler if i have the cash.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Premium Member

yeah that too, way to expensive. i got mine for 18,500 with 5k miles it was mint and it was some old guy that traded it in for a new mustang so i know it wasnt beat on. and that was in july 09 so it was a damn good price at the time. yeah im trying to pick up some charge pipes and a mpx exhaust before spring, then get a tune in spring and show them that a cobalt isnt all that bad. already have a k&n sri and zzp catless dp. maybe pick up a mpx intercooler if i have the cash.
Sounds like your headed in the right direction, I got some things in mind also come income tax time
I don't even waste my time on there, once I get over 400whp I will start goin on there more often but if you dont have a 40K+ car or a 10 second car your a nobody & you don't deserve the right to post on the form it seems, unless you own a honda or a dsm just because of the capabilities they are known to reach.
Mine was a 2008 Pat O'Brien special for 16,500 fully loaded, 91miles on it w/a voided paint warranty. I bought mine the end of march 2009, the few mods I have already is in my signature. I know too many guys including my step dad that works in auto body shops & out of their own private paint booths/garages to care about my paint. We will have to meet up sometime this summer w/some of the local cobalt guys that I know around here, get a NE ohio gathering goin on occasionally would be awesome! The car club I am in isn't gonna be doing much this summer because many of the main guys are dealin w/ summer classes to get their degrees faster so I was gonna try to hang out w/some fellow/local cobalt owners
Old 01-18-2011, 06:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KnightSS/TC
Sounds like your headed in the right direction, I got some things in mind also come income tax time
I don't even waste my time on there, once I get over 400whp I will start goin on there more often but if you dont have a 40K+ car or a 10 second car your a nobody & you don't deserve the right to post on the form it seems, unless you own a honda or a dsm just because of the capabilities they are known to reach.
Mine was a 2008 Pat O'Brien special for 16,500 fully loaded, 91miles on it w/a voided paint warranty. I bought mine the end of march 2009, the few mods I have already is in my signature. I know too many guys including my step dad that works in auto body shops & out of their own private paint booths/garages to care about my paint. We will have to meet up sometime this summer w/some of the local cobalt guys that I know around here, get a NE ohio gathering goin on occasionally would be awesome! The car club I am in isn't gonna be doing much this summer because many of the main guys are dealin w/ summer classes to get their degrees faster so I was gonna try to hang out w/some fellow/local cobalt owners
Only thing about that website is there is only like one car that would be in that 40,000 dollar range and may three 10 second cars lol. The rest sound like there a bunch of gays. That site is horrible.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:06 PM

If you don't mind me asking why an STi?
Seems many cobalt owners specially lsj guys are tradin in or sellin their cobalt for a sti or an evo. An evo I could understand but an STi? T
heres so much more out there for a evo then an STi, I take it you have considered a lnf? I know of 3 places in NE ohio that has them on their lots & 1 of them is a white 2009 unicorn
Only reason I say anything about an STi is 3 ppl in my area have them & untill they are turbo swapped they get walked on by the ss/tc. Iono just sayin, not tryin to stir up your reasons for wanting one just curious.
Evo's may be faster, but STi's run more than 3 days out of the year, haha.

No but really, I've loved the STi ever since the first time I saw/heard one. The "boxer sound" is 90% of the reason I'm choosing the STi over the Evo.

I did consider a LNF, but ruled it out mainly because I want AWD, but I've had a bad run with my SS/SC and want to get away from the Cobalt in general. Honestly, my car is fine now, I've fixed everything that was wrong with it mechanically/suspension wise when I bought it. Now it just needs some bodywork and new tires and it's good to go, but I'm not keeping it because I'm done with it.

I expect to get walked all over by LSJ's, LNF's, SRT-4's, Evo's, and whatever else. STi's are pigs. I love the way they sound and the way they look though, so I'll be happy with it overall.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dirty25RS
Yes. I own both. And if I had to part with one it'd be the evo hands down.

Evos are cheap speed machines like their predecessor the DSM. And I've owned one of them as well.

The build quality is worse, the interior is worse. The only things in an evo that are better than an sti are the engine and the rear swaybar.

Stis and evos are both not street racing / quarter mile cars by design. They are a handling man's car. So I could care less how either one acts above 100mph. If ur in the market for this kinda car you'd be looking more at skidpad numbers and RHT slalom times.

U want a daily driver? STi
Why? It works on a daily basis and the interior isn't made of action figure plastic
Its built like farm equipment

U want a dedicated racecar? Evo
Why? The engine is better and if u can afford a dedicated racecar you can afford all the maintenance this car requires.
Its built like a cell phone
Funny, but true. The STi will be my DD, the interior in the last Evo I was in (03 VIII, iirc) was garbage. My friend's WRX on the other hand is really nice. The STi's seat are also far more comfortable than the Evo's.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by cmiller8006
Only thing about that website is there is only like one car that would be in that 40,000 dollar range and may three 10 second cars lol. The rest sound like there a bunch of gays. That site is horrible.
there is alot of nice cars they just dont post at all. gtr few porsches, beast supra, and a fast colt haha.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Kyle_06_SS
Evo's may be faster, but STi's run more than 3 days out of the year, haha.

No but really, I've loved the STi ever since the first time I saw/heard one. The "boxer sound" is 90% of the reason I'm choosing the STi over the Evo.

I did consider a LNF, but ruled it out mainly because I want AWD, but I've had a bad run with my SS/SC and want to get away from the Cobalt in general. Honestly, my car is fine now, I've fixed everything that was wrong with it mechanically/suspension wise when I bought it. Now it just needs some bodywork and new tires and it's good to go, but I'm not keeping it because I'm done with it.

I expect to get walked all over by LSJ's, LNF's, SRT-4's, Evo's, and whatever else. STi's are pigs. I love the way they sound and the way they look though, so I'll be happy with it overall.
This is all I needed to hear thank you SSir.

Originally Posted by cmiller8006
Glad you agree w/me lol, ashtabularacing is my local forum & its not much better. Lot of old school guys that dont post, few do. & a shitload of honda fan boys. Theres some nice cars from performance to show but those are every 1 out of 20 cars. I just know the majority of the ppl on that forum so I tend to ***** post on there. I don't post much on here till lately because I don't know many guys on here other then the local guys here that I convinced to get into cobalts w/me. So hopefully this summer I will get to meet more CSS members.

there is alot of nice cars they just dont post at all. gtr few porsches, beast supra, and a fast colt haha.
LMAO! 1 fast colt even though a lot seem to think they are gods gift to the straight line dsm fan boys, those things are hideous imo & I have not the slightest bit of interest in them. I would rather see a honda done up & boosted then a colt but thats just me, you say that **** on CR & off w/you head. Oh yeah don't crack towel head jokes that was my mistake & they seemed to get a lil hot over it but hey they can call white folks every name in the book & think its ok but as soon as you say somthing along the lines of "towels anyone" hell have no fury like a man sweating underneath his turban out of pure rage lol.

Last edited by KnightSS/TC; 01-18-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:41 PM

There's a lot you guys dont know about Evo's and STi's.

And having been a long time owner/tuner of both, I wish you'd take my advice.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:54 PM

Isnt the gtr and porsche owned by the same guy? Like the beast supra from youtube or that Vlad guys car? And the colt only cost like 10g's lol. Theres nothing there that impresses me. A 500whp evo impresses me over a 800hp gtr. I expect a gtr to win every race do to cost.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

i actually think he does has a Porsche too haha but i know there is a few different ones. and yeah vlads, he has one hell of a build but still being a supra hes not gonna too fast at the track.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Premium Member

Is his the black supra? If so I seen him at QS&L in valley view once along w/ a black z06 & a couple krotch rockets. I didn't care to talk to any of them or become a nut swinger because of what they have or have done.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

yeah its black. yeah i dont plan on meeting up with any of them haha other than if they want to do some run in the summer. i only know a few people on that site.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Premium Member

yeah its black. yeah i dont plan on meeting up with any of them haha other than if they want to do some run in the summer. i only know a few people on that site.
Only guys I know personally on CR is the ones that are also on ashtabularacing.com
Are you the one that met Tony(dark blue) & maybe jason aka twitch(Silver) 2008 lnf's @ a superfly meet last summer/fall?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:40 PM

I am over on cr but never post.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:42 PM

Yea you have to be able to drive lol.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Premium Member

Cmiller- Just curious on how you got a rear bumper w/o an exhaust cut out? If I remember correctly your running a side exit & your rear bumper was flush w/no cutouts all the way across right?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:52 PM

Cmiller- Just curious on how you got a rear bumper w/o an exhaust cut out? If I remember correctly your running a side exit & your rear bumper was flush w/no cutouts all the way across right?
I fiberglassed it in.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Premium Member

I took a quick look @ it & thought you got it from factory & requested that they dont do a cut out for exhaust tip, nice job! Most guys that do side exits on any car that I have seen in person leave the cutout in the bumper & IMO it looks tacky. G;ad to see you took that extra step to keep it looking clean.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:07 PM

I took a quick look @ it & thought you got it from factory & requested that they dont do a cut out for exhaust tip, nice job! Most guys that do side exits on any car that I have seen in person leave the cutout in the bumper & IMO it looks tacky. G;ad to see you took that extra step to keep it looking clean.
Yea it turned out pretty good. I am going to redue it this winter. I want to try and take a tc grill and put in the cut outs to even up both sides.

Quick Reply: NE Ohio Thread FTW