Over The Top Performance Over The Top Performance is a supporting vendor.
Contacts: fast98 ; lsjwannabe

So disappointing... should not have ordered from OTTP

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 211 Likes on 170 Posts
pm sent
Old 02-08-2018, 09:14 PM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
pm sent
Date: 2/19/2007 | Time: 3:59:41 PM

The following users liked this post:
07MetallicSC (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 12:25 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
Date: 2/19/2007 | Time: 3:59:41 PM

damn! 13 minutes! thats some customer service
07MetallicSC (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 07:58 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
I'm pretty sure I bought my first mods from TTR as well. At least my original maganflow exhaust system. I though maybe my Injen CAI as well but not sure on that as I remember I was originally trying to get a K&N CAI but they were out of stock at the time. That was also back before certain parts were sold as compatible with both the SS and base models and hardly anyone offered base model performance parts.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

TTR definitely has a recommendation from me. Always were good to me.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:36 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
TTR definitely has a recommendation from me. Always were good to me.
same here, still running the engine and tranny mounts
Old 02-10-2018, 08:06 AM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
Powell has helped me out, and I have several parts on my car from him, but he can be pretty impatient. I had zzp's original non rotated mounts and they weren't good for anything more than just vibrations and stiffness. I know they have now changed to the rotated design, don't know why they didn't do that first. Powell's mount is really good and it's helped a lot.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:16 AM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
Honestly the way a lot of guys who own these cars now, act, I wouldn't make parts for this platform. Too many now are sold cheap, and the people who buy them are broke, and want something for nothing when it comes to paying for things. Was much better 7-8 years ago. I guess it just has to happen, but it's pretty sad to those who have the money for quality stuff, and actually do take care of their stuff.
Currently mine is hibernating in the garage, but the reality is it's not worth near what I value it at.
07MetallicSC (02-10-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 02:44 PM
Banned

Received 96 Likes on 91 Posts
I am virtually restoring mine with a transition to a customized SS. Starting out as a SPORT made it easier. Interior is now SS down to the 160mph Speedo. Door panels are a mix of SS and Sport. Interior was gutted, sound deadened and new OEM pad, carpet and floow mats installed. It won't have any badging to keep a sleeper look. SS wheels from a TC model. The under hood will be the suprise!

Bought it new for my son so I know what it has been through. I measured the timing chain and balance shaft chain last night with a new one. 125,000 miles and both only stretched 1/8"

Last edited by Henry3959; 02-10-2018 at 02:52 PM.
07MetallicSC (02-10-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 08:19 PM

Received 171 Likes on 142 Posts
Originally Posted by 63 Nova SS
Honestly the way a lot of guys who own these cars now, act, I wouldn't make parts for this platform. Too many now are sold cheap, and the people who buy them are broke, and want something for nothing when it comes to paying for things. Was much better 7-8 years ago. I guess it just has to happen, but it's pretty sad to those who have the money for quality stuff, and actually do take care of their stuff.
Currently mine is hibernating in the garage, but the reality is it's not worth near what I value it at.
This. Powell and ZZP are the only vendors I trust and order from regularly. I want to buy another relatively low mile stock-ish LNF this year as my daily driver. Just because I know and love these cars.
On topic, I would never order from OTTP just because of all the bad press he gets and the fact that at least some of his parts are cheap Powell knock offs.
The following 2 users liked this post by colodude18:
07MetallicSC (02-10-2018), Henry3959 (02-10-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

He is banned from selling as a vendor on the Chevy Colorado Forums
Henry3959 (02-10-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 12:12 AM
Banned

Help me out here.

Why on earth would you make a device called an insulator, designed to insulate heat from conducting from the cylinder head into the injector out of aluminum which is a conductor of heat unless you have no idea of the original purpose of the device..... and then charge people for it

Old 02-11-2018, 08:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by colodude18
This. Powell and ZZP are the only vendors I trust and order from regularly. I want to buy another relatively low mile stock-ish LNF this year as my daily driver. Just because I know and love these cars.
On topic, I would never order from OTTP just because of all the bad press he gets and the fact that at least some of his parts are cheap Powell knock offs.
I don't make Powell knockoffs. Other vendors are free to make the same parts. Powell makes about 8 I make about 100. If by cheap you mean lower priced than yes, because I invest in tooling and make the parts myself.

He is banned from selling as a vendor on the Chevy Colorado Forums
Once again because of problems with the owner and the same thing that happens here. Little kids can't read and get upset. No one over there seemed to understand that a header says 2-3 weeks to ship. I don't even feel like explaining more to you, you will just get upset and delete the thread again.

Originally Posted by HGT
Help me out here.

Why on earth would you make a device called an insulator, designed to insulate heat from conducting from the cylinder head into the injector out of aluminum which is a conductor of heat unless you have no idea of the original purpose of the device..... and then charge people for it

Nice try but injectors go right into the cylinder head on other ecotec applications. Along with 1000's of other cars.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:08 PM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
My ID1300s in my subaru came with aluminum insulators. same with my ID1000s.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Josh@ottperformance
Nice try but injectors go right into the cylinder head on other ecotec applications. Along with 1000's of other cars.
Yes they do, on return fuel systems. The PFI ecotec is a non return design. The purpose of the INSULATOR is to aid in resisting heat soaking of the fuel. There are many TSB's on other vehicles for heat soaking and the best they can do is replace the o-rings.

I will guarantee you your aluminum devices (can't call them an INSULATOR anymore) are transferring cylinder head heat into the injectors. Owners running ethanol now risk the chance of their fuel boiling in the injector which creates big drivability issues.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by HGT
Yes they do, on return fuel systems. The PFI ecotec is a non return design. The purpose of the INSULATOR is to aid in resisting heat soaking of the fuel. There are many TSB's on other vehicles for heat soaking and the best they can do is replace the o-rings.

I will guarantee you your aluminum devices (can't call them an INSULATOR anymore) are transferring cylinder head heat into the injectors. Owners running ethanol now risk the chance of their fuel boiling in the injector which creates big drivability issues.
Couple of things. Return style systems generally heat fuel more. This is because the returning fuel has been heated by the engine and raises the fuel temp in tank.

The fuel rail is so close to the cylinder head and intake, heat is already being transferred by convection. Also the fuel rail is bolted right to the cylinder head so it already has a direct point of conduction.

Last but not least e85 has a higher boiling and flash point than gasoline. You would know this if you ever tuned cold start on a vehicle running e85. Also the system is under 58 psi of pressure, pressure raises the boiling point. At that pressure E85 wouldn't boil till about 251 Degrees fahrenheit if my math is correct. Feel free to check it
Old 02-11-2018, 02:17 PM
Banned

Couple of things. Return style systems generally heat fuel more. This is because the returning fuel has been heated by the engine and raises the fuel temp in tank.

The fuel rail is so close to the cylinder head and intake, heat is already being transferred by convection. Also the fuel rail is bolted right to the cylinder head so it already has a direct point of conduction.

Last but not least e85 has a higher boiling and flash point than gasoline. You would know this if you ever tuned cold start on a vehicle running e85. Also the system is under 58 psi of pressure, pressure raises the boiling point. At that pressure E85 wouldn't boil till about 251 Degrees fahrenheit if my math is correct. Feel free to check it
We are discussing heat soaking of the fuel in the injector. Return systems by far keep a much cooler fuel supply at the injector. This was the whole purpose of going to a return system by manufacturers. If it wasn't for the emission standards it would stay that way.

Vapor lock is mitigated because the constant cycle of fuel back into the tank cools the gasoline.
Engine tuning is easier because the fuel temperatures in a return-style system are typically more consistent.
Fuel pressure is more stable at the injectors because you can place the regulator closer to the delivery point.

Regarding boiling points, this is a closed system. Alcohol boils at 173F. The boiling point of regular 87 unleaded at atmospheric pressure in a closed system is around 181F depending on additives.

Yes, the pressure raises the boiling point but from the regulator to the pintle you have a pressure drop during operation.

The point is, GM put heat insulators there for a reason. Your aluminum gizmos and defeating that purpose.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
PM us, I can get you a discount.
Aaron... thank you for the quick reply and quote. For now I am going to give this a try. I took my factory mount apart and replaced the nasty brown fluid with a 2 part polyurethane to stiffen up the mount. It has a channel it pushes fluid through almost like a shock making it soft. It is now rubber and Polyurethane filling the open pocket.

It was otherwise in great shape with no tears in the rubber so a little machining and powder coat I now have a muck stiffer mount that still looks OEM.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by HGT
We are discussing heat soaking of the fuel in the injector. Return systems by far keep a much cooler fuel supply at the injector. This was the whole purpose of going to a return system by manufacturers. If it wasn't for the emission standards it would stay that way.

Vapor lock is mitigated because the constant cycle of fuel back into the tank cools the gasoline.
Engine tuning is easier because the fuel temperatures in a return-style system are typically more consistent.
Fuel pressure is more stable at the injectors because you can place the regulator closer to the delivery point.

Regarding boiling points, this is a closed system. Alcohol boils at 173F. The boiling point of regular 87 unleaded at atmospheric pressure in a closed system is around 181F depending on additives.

Yes, the pressure raises the boiling point but from the regulator to the pintle you have a pressure drop during operation.

The point is, GM put heat insulators there for a reason. Your aluminum gizmos and defeating that purpose.
The reason for a return-less system is less fuel heating in the tank, the extra heat released more vapors. It's easier for emissions if there are less vapors.

Gasoline boiling point varies depending on RVP and the additives. Most sources will list a boiling point range of a few hundred degrees. Pump gas is considered boiling by fireman at 102F, in my experience it happens around 120F. The highest 10% evap rate I have seen on a distillation chart is 155F. Some of the additives boil off at 30F which is the reason for a sealed container and system.

The engine would have to be overheating severely to boil E85 at that pressure....I would guess over 300F.

Everything in the area of the injector is going to normalize within a few degrees once the vehicle is up to temp. It wouldn't matter if the insulator was made of plastic, it might get up to temp slower but it will get there.

You are grasping at straws trying to make this product look bad and bring attention to this thread. The fact is that your product shipped and you had an email with tracking for over a day before you posted this.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:40 AM
Banned

The fact is that your product shipped and you had an email with tracking for over a day before you posted this.
The fact is: Your web site was down and not taking orders so I had to call in and give you my CC info over a non secure site. In fact I don't see any PCI compliancy or secure server ID.

The fact is you lied about the time I placed the order:

It was ordered mid day 1-31-18
The order was placed at 9:44am your time

The fact is you did not reply to my email(s)

The fact is you call 4:36 the end of your day and do not make any attempt to call back, ever.

The fact is: Aluminum is a conductor of heat rather than an insulator. Maybe you should call the part an injector conductor

The fact is I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM YOU AGAIN!

The fact is: I received my engineering degree from GMI. Where did you receive yours?
Old 02-12-2018, 09:49 AM

I will answer one last question. The reason 4:36 was the end of my day is because I was helping my 8 month pregnant wife with her dying dog who passed later that evening.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:49 AM

Received 132 Likes on 109 Posts
The fact is that you are the most annoying and self-absorbed person on this forum. You need to relax and find something better do with your time instead of starting a witch hunt every couple weeks for companies you buy parts from. Everything has been resolved. Relax
user 72239 (02-12-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 09:51 AM
Banned

I will answer one last question. The reason 4:36 was the end of my day is because I was helping my 8 month pregnant wife with her dying dog who passed later that evening.
I'm sorry to hear about your wife's dog. It is never easy to lose a family pet.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by double clutch
You need to relax and find something better do with your time instead of starting a witch hunt every couple weeks for companies you buy parts from.
I have been on this forum a year. That would be 26 companies..... Name 3 please...
Old 02-12-2018, 10:15 AM

Received 132 Likes on 109 Posts
2 in the past month isnt enough?

Quick Reply: So disappointing... should not have ordered from OTTP