War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Stock LS1 vs Infiniboosted SS/TC

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THe 2010 STI's are not making those numbers with those mods. A good friend of mine has a 2009 STI, and He was happy to get 318/WHP 322 Ftlbs with more mods than this guy.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by drewbroo
THe 2010 STI's are not making those numbers with those mods. A good friend of mine has a 2009 STI, and He was happy to get 318/WHP 322 Ftlbs with more mods than this guy.
the 2010 wrx has the same turbo as the sti and different gearing .. yes it might not make up that much but i'm just saying
Old 03-28-2010, 12:32 AM

alright go on iwsit.com. theres a couple dyno sheets to prove what im saying. im pushing 18 psi right now on my stage 2. LOL 290 awhp and 320 awtrq if you dont believe me heres a site to check out with proof http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1634779. and if youre quite ignorant, which it seems like you are, COBB makes the off the shelf tunes and puts them on their accessport aka im running the same setup as the one on the dyno. for anyone that doesnt believe me ill be happy to race you. and youre in a hhr ss fwd van with only stage 1 gm kit. right now ill crush you bc youre poopy under the curve gm stage 1 tune and all your bolt ons even from a roll and ill rape you harder than ben roethesberger could from a dig. please, tell me what makes you so confident. i dont see how people started coming after me since i even cleared it up that i was messing with vtls2goat bc hes my roomate; now everyone feels they need to beat me or prove they can. well ill beat you in the snow, rain, and ill go to the track and do it too; no need for me to swap to drags or anything. and ill take you from a roll.

hhrssouth i see you werent talking about your hhr ss and youre clearly hiding something when you said awd van. im assuming one of those boxy early 90's or late 80's caravans or something? thats cool. please post some pics of it, i wanna see how clean it is. and if we get to pull out all of our stuff and you feel like going on your power trip ill just bring my bike out if we are gonna play like that, bc i know your boxy 93 gas 20 psi wont touch it. unless it can run real low 10's or high 9's.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:40 AM
Premium Member

I am pretty sure with just 290WHP your couldn't get me from a dig either..... (DR's) And you did say and I quote

Originally Posted by restonSS
can you handle a car with 360whp and over 440 wtrq? lol by all means im down. yes thats my car. and i have less than 1500 miles on it. and i can drive it dd and its a 2010. and its stock outside and sounds like stock. id love to see you beat me bc if you did ill high five you and you more than deserve the win.
290WHP/320 Ftlbs is a far cry from 360/440..... have you even been to a dyno before?
Old 03-28-2010, 11:01 AM
Banned

A 290whp WRX should be a mid-high 12 second car. I only see like 1 LNF running those times, and he's on 15'' slicks.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Former Vendor

^Tru! Mine with the stock turbo was ~240whp in a lighter chassis and I was running 12.99 at 106-107.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Premium Member

Theres tons of LNF's in the 12's I ran a 12.7@114.7 at bradenton
Old 03-28-2010, 03:53 PM

^ you ran a 12.7 on drags right? congrats. if you wanna level the playing field ill run on drags (just being fair right?) and get a 1.5 to 1.6 60 foot. there have been a couple of STOCK 2009 and 2010 wrx's to run 12.9 and a bunch at 13.0 and 13.1 STOCK. STOCK they dyno about 235 whp and 220 wtrq. no i have not dynoed my specific car but a car with the same exact friggen setup and tune dynoed 290 whp and 320 wtrq and i just proved that. so you do the math. aka YOU CANT TOUCH ME IN THE 1/4 MILE. if i have to run on street tires then so do you. if you run on drags then so can I. and yes, i am very far away from 360 whp and 440 wtrq. i said thats about what ill have (being conservative) with my meth tune and header. I have my meth injection kit in my apartment and am waiting for my header to get here (bought it about 4 days ago). sorry ive only had my car for 2 weeks (not even exaggerating, i only have 948 miles on it right now) so modding it and the parts getting here is taking a minute. how many LNF's are in the 12's STOCK (includes stock tires)? ohhh, 0 haha i forgot. if youd like i can take pictures of the car with me in it smiling and giving you kisses and of all my mods.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:58 PM

alright go on iwsit.com. theres a couple dyno sheets to prove what im saying. im pushing 18 psi right now on my stage 2. LOL 290 awhp and 320 awtrq if you dont believe me heres a site to check out with proof http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1634779. and if youre quite ignorant, which it seems like you are, COBB makes the off the shelf tunes and puts them on their accessport aka im running the same setup as the one on the dyno. for anyone that doesnt believe me ill be happy to race you. and youre in a hhr ss fwd van with only stage 1 gm kit. right now ill crush you bc youre poopy under the curve gm stage 1 tune and all your bolt ons even from a roll and ill rape you harder than ben roethesberger could from a dig. please, tell me what makes you so confident. i dont see how people started coming after me since i even cleared it up that i was messing with vtls2goat bc hes my roomate; now everyone feels they need to beat me or prove they can. well ill beat you in the snow, rain, and ill go to the track and do it too; no need for me to swap to drags or anything. and ill take you from a roll.

hhrssouth i see you werent talking about your hhr ss and youre clearly hiding something when you said awd van. im assuming one of those boxy early 90's or late 80's caravans or something? thats cool. please post some pics of it, i wanna see how clean it is. and if we get to pull out all of our stuff and you feel like going on your power trip ill just bring my bike out if we are gonna play like that, bc i know your boxy 93 gas 20 psi wont touch it. unless it can run real low 10's or high 9's.

Hell no (although I've seen video of a couple at the strip that were fast), 96 Eagle Summit Van AWD 5-spd, its a 3 dr, it uses a Mitsubishi 2.4 engine and same trans and AWD system as a 2g AWD DSM. I took that engine, forged it, dropped the compression to 8.5:1 and bolting on some DSM turbo parts along with a TDO6-20g. The van is small, shorter then my HHR SS.

So if you have ever raced a DSM with a 2.4 stroker motor with a big turbo, then you get the idea of how fast it will be, keep in mind that little van weighs less then a DSM

So no I wasn't hiding anything, basically took the factory engine and trans built it up and bolted on some turbo stuff
Old 03-28-2010, 04:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ you ran a 12.7 on drags right? congrats. if you wanna level the playing field ill run on drags (just being fair right?) and get a 1.5 to 1.6 60 foot. there have been a couple of STOCK 2009 and 2010 wrx's to run 12.9 and a bunch at 13.0 and 13.1 STOCK. STOCK they dyno about 235 whp and 220 wtrq. no i have not dynoed my specific car but a car with the same exact friggen setup and tune dynoed 290 whp and 320 wtrq and i just proved that. so you do the math. aka YOU CANT TOUCH ME IN THE 1/4 MILE. if i have to run on street tires then so do you. if you run on drags then so can I. and yes, i am very far away from 360 whp and 440 wtrq. i said thats about what ill have (being conservative) with my meth tune and header. I have my meth injection kit in my apartment and am waiting for my header to get here (bought it about 4 days ago). sorry ive only had my car for 2 weeks (not even exaggerating, i only have 948 miles on it right now) so modding it and the parts getting here is taking a minute. how many LNF's are in the 12's STOCK (includes stock tires)? ohhh, 0 haha i forgot. if youd like i can take pictures of the car with me in it smiling and giving you kisses and of all my mods.

I would let you run drag slicks. That's fine, you won't cut any better on them then streets, you don't have enough power. I bet I cut a 1.6x 60 foot (just a guess, haven't done it yet). When you actually get some times of your own, not other people's times we can compare since we live so far away. Untill then just keep the times and numbers out if you don't have any for youself.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:25 PM

hhrssouth: alright thats fine then; you have a fully built 2.4 liter w/ a 20g. first off a 20g isnt a big turbo by any means (maybe for you car it is) and i imagine your spool time is 3k+. if i wanted to take the money from my bike i could do a build similar to yours, but i chose to buy a bike and do everything to it. so we chose different routes because we like different things. im not hiding anything either; your toy is a bult boxy van that runs pretty decent times apparently (i dont know what exactly) and my toy is a bike. obv im biased to my bike over your "van", just like im biased to my DD (wrx) than yours. If youre going to stop comparing DD's and we can take out our toys then yeah, ill beat you. my dd will beat your dd and my toy will be your toy. both of my things will beat your comparative things in the quarter mile and around the track. im not calling you out. if i run across a vette im not gonna say im better than it. it seems that everyone is ganging up on me and ragging on me when 1. I didnt originally call anyone out; someone called me out first. and 2. im quoting numbers AND GIVING PROOF and i still get the bs flag. I find it comical that once i get out of a cobalt and into something better everyone comes out and needs to beat me. bc remember, i did have a cobalt before this (look at sig) but i never knocked better cars if in fact they were better. im not saying you personally hhrssouth; but at least 65% of members on this forum are close minded "my cobalt is the best ever" people. i havent been on here much but when i was i did see other cobalts fighting eachother. so really, im not being a jerk or calling anyone out, but if anyone is within 3 hours of me so we both drive 1.5 hours id be more than happy to meet at a drag strip and run our cars so i can post pics and vids and also we can go do some highway pulls to just to show everyone whats what.

Originally Posted by cmiller8006
I would let you run drag slicks. That's fine, you won't cut any better on them then streets, you don't have enough power. I bet I cut a 1.6x 60 foot (just a guess, haven't done it yet). When you actually get some times of your own, not other people's times we can compare since we live so far away. Untill then just keep the times and numbers out if you don't have any for youself.
so you tell me to keep times and numbers out of it when youre guessing youll run a 1.6 60 foot in a fwd car? LOL sheesh you make me laugh. so then why are we even arguing if we have to keep times and numbers out of it? i dont have a 1/4 track within 2 hours of me and am a full time student and have only had the car for 2 weeks. its not difficult to launch for me; all i do is bring it to 5k, drop it and i mean literally just drop it and then i skyrocket. so first youre arguing about my car not making the numbers and now youre going to go after my driving abilities? mmm okk just keep on going then. i honestly dont care what you say or think because i know what i and my car can do (NOT YOU) and thats what youre arguing with me about. i already know what an ss/tc can do (i butt raped one in my ss/sc, the kid is my friend haha) and it doesnt wow me at all. by all means, keep arguing though bc youre the one with the wrx and youre the one thats all open minded and knowledgeable, not me.

Last edited by restonSS; 03-28-2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-28-2010, 05:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so you tell me to keep times and numbers out of it when youre guessing youll run a 1.6 60 foot in a fwd car? LOL sheesh you make me laugh. so then why are we even arguing if we have to keep times and numbers out of it? i dont have a 1/4 track within 2 hours of me and am a full time student and have only had the car for 2 weeks. its not difficult to launch for me; all i do is bring it to 5k, drop it and i mean literally just drop it and then i skyrocket. so first youre arguing about my car not making the numbers and now youre going to go after my driving abilities? mmm okk just keep on going then. i honestly dont care what you say or think because i know what i and my car can do (NOT YOU) and thats what youre arguing with me about. i already know what an ss/tc can do (i butt raped one in my ss/sc, the kid is my friend haha) and it doesnt wow me at all. by all means, keep arguing though bc youre the one with the wrx and youre the one thats all open minded and knowledgeable, not me.[/QUOTE]

I did say I havent done it yet, was just saying I could do it to, thats all. I am also a full time student and work part time. Funny cause all I do is hit the 2 step at 4500 and dump it to. I also didnt say anything about your driving ability.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Premium Member

thats not on drags, that was on my stock Conti's with drag bags

I can Name a few in the 12's on stock tires and turbo's BYT, 1BadBlueberry, Me, Cmiller did it on street tires pull up the 1/4 mile list there's more, and god knows how many LSJ's on street tires.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:53 PM

ok, so can i go ahead and pull up 1/4 mile times of all the wrx's on stock turbo and stock tires? i dont even need to say anything else. because that question alone should be more than enough to make my point clear.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:57 PM

its this simple, a trifecta tuned LNF is going to beat a stock LS1... from a dig, a roll whatever

the ONLY race the Ls1 might win is through the 1/8th, depends on how well the LNF can drive... anything besides that and the LNF should have MORE whp, MORE torque, and about 400lbs LESS weight... no doubt it'll never out 60' a LS1.... but go ahead, pull a 1.9 60' in a stock LS1, and then watch yourself get ran down by a Cobalt

oh and side note on the stock Continentals I ran a 8.564 through the 1/8th... stock LS1s usually don't run that at our track, well driven ones do... but my car is NOT an 1/8th mile car, and i ran that with the exhaust and sc tune only... the SC tune is no where near as aggressive as a Trifecta tuned car

before anyone mentions I am a "fan boy"... I was a V8 guy long before I was a Cobalt guy, i'll just leave it at that... and LS1s win the mod game hands down... not arguing that, but a 300whp car that weighs 3400lbs is not going to beat a 300-320whp car that weighs 2900lbs
Old 03-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Premium Member

you really like paper racing don't you, you have no dyno time or track time..... Stock for stock The SS out traps the WRX. AWD is nice, and easy to launch but there are some Fast FWD Cars out there too. Don't undereastimate the LNF's they have only been out a couple of years, give it some time and you will see some in the 10's.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:38 PM

you really like paper racing don't you, you have no dyno time or track time..... Stock for stock The SS out traps the WRX. AWD is nice, and easy to launch but there are some Fast FWD Cars out there too. Don't undereastimate the LNF's they have only been out a couple of years, give it some time and you will see some in the 10's.
first off you said stock turbo stock tires. so i can promise you ill never ever see a street legal lnf cobalt ss running 10's. and great you can out trap me. i murder you on the quarter mile. completely stock lnf best quarter is what like a 13.4 or something? best ive seen in a stock wrx is 12.8. sooo yeah; on the street the wrx poops on you 0-60 ( I say that because its within the speed limits). yes there are some fast fwd cars duh, i never said there werent. but i AM saying mod for mod you wont touch a wrx. I have a freakin downpipe and basic off the shelf tune from cobb and THEY dynoed 290 awhp and 320 awtrq. there are guys with custom tunes with downpipe only getting 310 awhp and 340 awtrq. andddd i may add that the curve isnt like mount everest either. its relatively flat. do what can a ss/tc do with a downpipe only and custom tune? prob pretty similar peak #'s to me, only my under the curve is way better and i mean wayyy better and i also will poo on you in the launch. like i cant see how youre still arguing. you have full bolt ons and youre only making what 340 whp and 370trq? with a crappy curve. If i can do full bolts ons ill make just as much if not more ALL WHEEL HORSEPOWER and over 420 ALL WHEEL TORQUE. whats that spell? the wrx is better mod for mod. i have a dp only and a tune and ill beat you 9 times out of 10 (lets say for kicks i miss a shift in 1 race) in the quarter mile. i dont have to ask you to drive to the nearest highway.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
holly christ this thread has gotten retarded.. how about you start a new thread then "poo" all over that one
Old 03-28-2010, 10:47 PM

all you cobalt lnf nutswingers are the ones that started to attack me. go look and read the whole thread to see how it started. im not an ass at all; just quoting real proven stuff and still getting called out for it when the person calling me out is doing the same thing. guess what? all the lnf's (bc its suprisingly only lnfs attacking me) are a good solid 2x,xxx$ ECONOMY car that is realatively quick and fun. but thats all it is. its not a race car. so stop challenging me because im stating the obvious. go ask GM. they will tell you the corvette is their race car and the cobalt ss is their souped up economy car to compete with other souped up economy cars.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:16 AM
Premium Member

I believe this all got started when you got called out for lying about your "360 WHP / 440 Ft lb" BukKake mobile

And if you ask subaru, the STI is their race car IIRC

Its funny because you are making fun of us for driving a "souped up economy car," and you drive an Imprezza...... Kettle/pot/black

Get over yourself, from all the web racing you speak of it just sounds like you are immature ***** that hangs out with the subie guys, and never races anyone, but talks about how quick your 60 ft is.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:43 AM

I believe this all got started when you got called out for lying about your "360 WHP / 440 Ft lb" BukKake mobile

And if you ask subaru, the STI is their race car IIRC

Its funny because you are making fun of us for driving a "souped up economy car," and you drive an Imprezza...... Kettle/pot/black

Get over yourself, from all the web racing you speak of it just sounds like you are immature ***** that hangs out with the subie guys, and never races anyone, but talks about how quick your 60 ft is.
immature ***** thats always with subie guys? mmm yeah; thats why my roomate drives fully bolted and tuned GTO, I drive obviously my car, and our other roomate drives a 420 awhp audi S4. i can take pics with all of us in front of our cars if youd like. none of those sound like subarus. i usually hang with anyone because i like different cars and like learning. im not a little lnf fanboy with a turbo the size of my testacle claiming it takes a whole lot of **** it doesnt in reality. and i never once said i had those numbers right then and there, i said i will HAVE roughly those numbers. broski, ive had the car fro just over 2 weeks now. let the parts come in and let me install them jesus. i race a lot actually and am down even if i know im giong to lose. i actually raced a supercharged v6 tirburan and that made 290 whp + and beat him pretty badly from a 45 and 55 roll (to humor his fwd). i had about 4 or 5 cars by 130 mph (top of my 4th). drewbroo, if youre so cool and friendly and im the ass, PLEASE find someone on css.net for me to race thats relatively close aka get one of your "internet buddies" to race me, ill meet them halfway of wherever they are so we can settle it.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Premium Member

immature ***** thats always with subie guys? mmm yeah; thats why my roomate drives fully bolted and tuned GTO, I drive obviously my car, and our other roomate drives a 420 awhp audi S4. i can take pics with all of us in front of our cars if youd like. none of those sound like subarus. i usually hang with anyone because i like different cars and like learning. im not a little lnf fanboy with a turbo the size of my testacle claiming it takes a whole lot of **** it doesnt in reality. and i never once said i had those numbers right then and there, i said i will HAVE roughly those numbers. broski, ive had the car fro just over 2 weeks now. let the parts come in and let me install them jesus. i race a lot actually and am down even if i know im giong to lose. i actually raced a supercharged v6 tirburan and that made 290 whp + and beat him pretty badly from a 45 and 55 roll (to humor his fwd). i had about 4 or 5 cars by 130 mph (top of my 4th). drewbroo, if youre so cool and friendly and im the ass, PLEASE find someone on css.net for me to race thats relatively close aka get one of your "internet buddies" to race me, ill meet them halfway of wherever they are so we can settle it.
And the K-04 is about the same size as your turbo, you are only insulting yourself.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:23 AM

mmm its close but mines stillll bigger; its also realllll funny how i can make more awhp and wayyyyy more awtrq from the stock turbo. so ive got a lot more drivetrain loss and at only 17psi im making (dyno proven) 290 awhp and 320 awtrq on an off the shelf tune. once my header gets here, forget meth bc you guys dont run it either, ill be making similar horsepower and over 400 awtrq. so SOMETHING in my car is far better than yours whether is the turbo motor, etc. something a lot better. and like others have said, i dont run my turbo 15 feet to the right of the compressor map.

and how come every time i invite you to find an ss/tc to race me you compeltely ignore it? i mean its you who thinks youre so much better than me, so you find me a ss/tc nearby. i mean youve got so many friends. bring them on!
Old 03-29-2010, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
I saw pookies car go dead even with my friends Camaro that ran 13.3 @ 105.5. I'm wondering why.
I'm also opening up the debate as to what an infiniboosted, full bolt ons, upgraded intercooler Cobalt should do vs a stock LS1 Camaro.

Additionally, I'm wondering which tune actually makes the most power and doesn't blow pistons. Is it the tuner/tunes fault, or perhaps is it the fact that people like to run the tiny k04 about 15 yards off the right side of the compressor map?
This!
Old 03-29-2010, 11:39 AM

^ thank you. its good to see that some ss/tc's are compentant and actually car intelligent.

Quick Reply: Stock LS1 vs Infiniboosted SS/TC