War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Stock LS1 vs Infiniboosted SS/TC

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by restonSS
mmm its close but mines stillll bigger; its also realllll funny how i can make more awhp and wayyyyy more awtrq from the stock turbo. so ive got a lot more drivetrain loss and at only 17psi im making (dyno proven) 290 awhp and 320 awtrq on an off the shelf tune. once my header gets here, forget meth bc you guys dont run it either, ill be making similar horsepower and over 400 awtrq. so SOMETHING in my car is far better than yours whether is the turbo motor, etc. something a lot better. and like others have said, i dont run my turbo 15 feet to the right of the compressor map.

and how come every time i invite you to find an ss/tc to race me you compeltely ignore it? i mean its you who thinks youre so much better than me, so you find me a ss/tc nearby. i mean youve got so many friends. bring them on!
Your turbo isn't bigger its the same thing in the legacy GT's....... IHI VF52....

It actually flows less air than the BW K04....

My engine is only a 2.0L and can make more power than yours, its pretty sad if you ask me. Your Bukakke Pancake motor will pop with anything over 380WHP anyways.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:07 PM

^ and the limits for the stock TC motor is what 383 whp before going kaboom? I don't think your limits are much more then his if at all really...

Seriously though, what is the limits of the stock TC motor?

Tyler
Old 03-29-2010, 12:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Uhhh...try again lol.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Premium Member

actually its over 500WHP as proven by ZZP in both the LSJ and LNF motors.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:17 PM

Wasn't it already proven that doing rolls isn't real racing?Also a stock camaro,would get beaten by a modded ss/tc.If the camaro was fully modded with bolt ons,the ss/tc has no chance at all.The guy should do a motor swap putting in a ls2 or better in the camaro.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:22 PM

i do not have the fastest car around. the times in my sig are like they are from a badly wore out stock clutch. and i do not like getting on here and argueing, but you guy's are going nowhere with this talk. here we have a guy who once had a cobalt ss, and now he has a wrx. and who thinks he dyno's in the mid to high 300's and low 400's trq. i no a guy in okc who has a 05 wrx with more money put in it than you will make in a yr of money. this thing is incredibally fast. the last time he took it to the track he was touching 8's. but i just want to point out that the cars he hangs around with are cobalt ss/tc's.

there are some in okc just about as fast as he is. and i said just about as fast. there are subaru's that are a little faster than the cobalts. then there are the pos dodge srt4's. there are alot of vettes, a viper and this one is supporting 1800rwhp, and some low 11, high 10 sec gto's, fox body mustangs, cobra's. i can keep going on. and i cannot leave out the little honda civic that runs a 7.40 sec qtr in the record book. one thing is that out of all these cars is that we all get along together. there are a few that think like most on here do. that there car is faster than everyone elses. and will go by and rev there **** off. personally i like the cobaltss/tc. it is a very fast car for the price. and can be made very fast. but one thing is that no matter how fast your car is, there is someone out there faster.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by 04goat
i do not have the fastest car around. the times in my sig are like they are from a badly wore out stock clutch. and i do not like getting on here and argueing, but you guy's are going nowhere with this talk. here we have a guy who once had a cobalt ss, and now he has a wrx. and who thinks he dyno's in the mid to high 300's and low 400's trq. i no a guy in okc who has a 05 wrx with more money put in it than you will make in a yr of money. this thing is incredibally fast. the last time he took it to the track he was touching 8's. but i just want to point out that the cars he hangs around with are cobalt ss/tc's.

there are some in okc just about as fast as he is. and i said just about as fast. there are subaru's that are a little faster than the cobalts. then there are the pos dodge srt4's. there are alot of vettes, a viper and this one is supporting 1800rwhp, and some low 11, high 10 sec gto's, fox body mustangs, cobra's. i can keep going on. and i cannot leave out the little honda civic that runs a 7.40 sec qtr in the record book. one thing is that out of all these cars is that we all get along together. there are a few that think like most on here do. that there car is faster than everyone elses. and will go by and rev there **** off. personally i like the cobaltss/tc. it is a very fast car for the price. and can be made very fast. but one thing is that no matter how fast your car is, there is someone out there faster.

You have a good point sir
Old 03-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by drewbroo
ZZP has proven nothing.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
ZZP has proven nothing.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:56 PM

^ yeah zzp has daily driven those cars like normal people do. you just made yourself sound like a dufas bc you picked a car with a ported head and NOT daily driven at those levels for extended periods of time to prove its worth. and how does your MOTOR make more than mine? if we take both of our motors out of the car so you can cancel out drivetrain loss ill crush you. if i make similar numbers to you at the wheels then my motor is making roughly 10% more because of drivetrian loss. and where does it say that our motors pop at 380whp? please tell me. there are more wrx's running around (2008,2009,2010) with more than 350 whp and trq than there are cobalts because you guys cant break any fueling problems (with the exceptions of a handful of people) show me what average ss/tc driver makes please. not what 1 or 2 shops have done.

Originally Posted by burzumaske20
Wasn't it already proven that doing rolls isn't real racing?Also a stock camaro,would get beaten by a modded ss/tc.If the camaro was fully modded with bolt ons,the ss/tc has no chance at all.The guy should do a motor swap putting in a ls2 or better in the camaro.
apparently doing rolls is how ss/tc's make it fair. since im awd and stock for stock beat a ss/tc in the quarter by roughly .5 seconds consistently im still slower because by the half mile mark the ss/tc will catch up.

Last edited by restonSS; 03-29-2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-29-2010, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by drewbroo
Is that a normal range, or more like the top end that one of two guys have done before it went bye bye? Because there are guys with Stock lower end LS1's that have hit 700+ rwhp but they didn't last too long after, same with the LS2 hitting 800+ but that isn't the range for those motors, more like 600+ before upgrades because they aren't forged from the factory. Then again seeing as they are forged I can see it holding 500 for a little while since forged V8's are holding 700+ like in the Cobra's (let's not get started on the old forged V10 vipers...).

Tyler
Old 03-29-2010, 01:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Neither have gone bye bye and there are a good number of people with 400-450 on here with no issues.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:50 PM

^ yeah zzp has daily driven those cars like normal people do. you just made yourself sound like a dufas bc you picked a car with a ported head and NOT daily driven at those levels for extended periods of time to prove its worth. and how does your MOTOR make more than mine? if we take both of our motors out of the car so you can cancel out drivetrain loss ill crush you. if i make similar numbers to you at the wheels then my motor is making roughly 10% more because of drivetrian loss. and where does it say that our motors pop at 380whp? please tell me. there are more wrx's running around (2008,2009,2010) with more than 350 whp and trq than there are cobalts because you guys cant break any fueling problems (with the exceptions of a handful of people) show me what average ss/tc driver makes please. not what 1 or 2 shops have done.

apparently doing rolls is how ss/tc's make it fair. since im awd and stock for stock beat a ss/tc in the quarter by roughly .5 seconds consistently im still slower because by the half mile mark the ss/tc will catch up.
Dunno a guy just bought the new ZZP turbo upgrade kit for the LNF and put down like 436whp/436wtq on a mustang dyno with dyno sheet to prove it, thats on stock internals. That was the smaller turbo upgrade they offer by the way because the guy that had the upgrade done likes to do auto cross

Terminator is putting down 360 whp (might be higher now) with bolt ons and tune only.

A comparable Cobalt SS/TC to your WRX in whp/wtq will beat you in the 1/4 mile, the Cobalt is lighter and has less drive train loss. Sure you will beat them out of the hole to the 1/8 mile mark but you will get reeled in and beat after that to the 1/4. From a roll, you lose, AWD not gonna help you there.

With all that said I do love AWD better, its easier to launch plus the other benefits and having a DD monster. But facts are facts man FWD is faster then AWD in the 1/4 all things being equal, even from a dig.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:01 PM

^ um that last part is a big incorrect...

Tyler
Old 03-29-2010, 03:16 PM

Lolrollracing.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
Dunno a guy just bought the new ZZP turbo upgrade kit for the LNF and put down like 436whp/436wtq on a mustang dyno with dyno sheet to prove it, thats on stock internals. That was the smaller turbo upgrade they offer by the way because the guy that had the upgrade done likes to do auto cross

Terminator is putting down 360 whp (might be higher now) with bolt ons and tune only.

A comparable Cobalt SS/TC to your WRX in whp/wtq will beat you in the 1/4 mile, the Cobalt is lighter and has less drive train loss. Sure you will beat them out of the hole to the 1/8 mile mark but you will get reeled in and beat after that to the 1/4. From a roll, you lose, AWD not gonna help you there.

With all that said I do love AWD better, its easier to launch plus the other benefits and having a DD monster. But facts are facts man FWD is faster then AWD in the 1/4 all things being equal, even from a dig.
you are RETARDED. how many cobalts from when they first introduced that ss in 2005 are in the 11', 10's and 9's? probably 0 that can be street driven. now, since 2005 how many wrx's are in the 9's, 10's and 11's? a lot, it takes a turbo upgrade and if you want meth.
and you sound even dumber when you say a comparable ss/tc with similar WHEEL HORSEPOWER and TORQUE bc if we are even close then the 250 lbs lighter you are then me is not gonna save you haha. and from a roll really? soooo if you have a 500whp cobalt (since theres SO MANY OF THEM RUNNING AROUND LOL) and i have a 500 whp subaru, you wont win, by the time you stop spinning id be busses ahead of you and would hit top speed before you ever caught up (if you even would). now, lets bring it up to 700 whp since there so many fwd cars doing that too, if we both raced and had 700 whp it would be even uglier. please enlighten me hhrssouth: if your theories are right, then how come STOCK i make less torque and the same crank horsepower than you, i have that awd drivetrain loss, but still run the quarter .5 seconds faster than a stock ss/tc? is it because you pull me so hard in the back half? lol
Old 03-29-2010, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by amxguy1970
^ um that last part is a big incorrect...

Tyler
Oh really, go take a look at any DSM site with a FWD vs. a AWD turbo car with the same mods, WHP and see who wins in the 1/4. The cars are exact same body style, the only thing different is the drive train and weight (due to the drive train). I'm not incorrect, you are sir.

You need MORE whp/wtq on a awd to keep up with a fwd in the 1/4 mile due to drive train loss and weight.

you are RETARDED. how many cobalts from when they first introduced that ss in 2005 are in the 11', 10's and 9's? probably 0 that can be street driven. now, since 2005 how many wrx's are in the 9's, 10's and 11's? a lot, it takes a turbo upgrade and if you want meth.
and you sound even dumber when you say a comparable ss/tc with similar WHEEL HORSEPOWER and TORQUE bc if we are even close then the 250 lbs lighter you are then me is not gonna save you haha. and from a roll really? soooo if you have a 500whp cobalt (since theres SO MANY OF THEM RUNNING AROUND LOL) and i have a 500 whp subaru, you wont win, by the time you stop spinning id be busses ahead of you and would hit top speed before you ever caught up (if you even would). now, lets bring it up to 700 whp since there so many fwd cars doing that too, if we both raced and had 700 whp it would be even uglier. please enlighten me hhrssouth: if your theories are right, then how come STOCK i make less torque and the same crank horsepower than you, i have that awd drivetrain loss, but still run the quarter .5 seconds faster than a stock ss/tc? is it because you pull me so hard in the back half? lol
Thus where your logic is flawed, yeah the fwd will spin briefly, then grab traction and due to the lighter weight of the car, pass you on the back stretch. Do you really think people building 500 fwhp cars have no idea how to get them to hook up? I mean really?

Lets see why your stock #'s are better from the factory, umm, you have awd (you could have the shittiest tires int he world and hook up), the cobalt ss/tc gets shitty tires from the factory, thus no hook up from a dig. As soon as you put on a sticker tire on the fwd, now it changes everything doesn't it? Use some common sense for crying out loud when you argue with people.

Last edited by HHRSSouth; 03-29-2010 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
ok we get it, seriously we get.. Cobalts suck and Subies rule.. can we please move on from this whole thing because quite frankly.. WHO CARES?!?!?
Old 03-29-2010, 05:19 PM

Oh really, go take a look at any DSM site with a FWD vs. a AWD turbo car with the same mods, WHP and see who wins in the 1/4. The cars are exact same body style, the only thing different is the drive train and weight (due to the drive train). I'm not incorrect, you are sir.

You need MORE whp/wtq on a awd to keep up with a fwd in the 1/4 mile due to drive train loss and weight.

Thus where your logic is flawed, yeah the fwd will spin briefly, then grab traction and due to the lighter weight of the car, pass you on the back stretch. Do you really think people building 500 fwhp cars have no idea how to get them to hook up? I mean really?

Lets see why your stock #'s are better from the factory, umm, you have awd (you could have the shittiest tires int he world and hook up), the cobalt ss/tc gets shitty tires from the factory, thus no hook up from a dig. As soon as you put on a sticker tire on the fwd, now it changes everything doesn't it? Use some common sense for crying out loud when you argue with people.
PLEASE tell me how many STREETABLE fwd cars are in the 8's and 9's compared to rwd and awd STREETABLE cars. i think even fellow cobalt owners can agree that rwd adn awd is better for 1/4 mile.

and i dont care how much a stickier STREET tire you put on a stock ss/tc, a stock wrx will still win. please tell me how many ss/tc's with freakin drags have hit a sub 13 quarter mile with everything else stock.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:20 PM

Slow Sho's next thread title:

"Stock Enzo vs. GMS1 SS/TC"

Who's gonna win?

PLEASE tell me how many STREETABLE fwd cars are in the 8's and 9's compared to rwd and awd STREETABLE cars. i think even fellow cobalt owners can agree that rwd adn awd is better for 1/4 mile.
FWD has no place on the drag strip.

Last edited by Illini_06SS; 03-29-2010 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-29-2010, 05:20 PM

LOL for thinking FWD is better at drag racing. Do you also think it is faster then RWD because the power travels alot further too? Where is the face palm smiley???

http://www.dsmtimes.org/times.php?He...ype=AWD&Page=1

http://www.dsmtimes.org/times.php?He...ype=FWD&Page=1

A quick serach and not only does the AWD DSM that runs the same time as the FWD DSM trap higher (8.23 @ 179 for the AWD and 8.38 @ 167 for the FWD) but then the AWD DSM is still another .5 faster then the fastest FWD. This is an arguement I honestly can not believe you are making. Say this with me nice and slowly, TRACTION wins races at a drag strip, and an AWD car will have twice as much as any FWD, period. I am not even a DSM person either, but this applies to any car that is all wheel drive. The only thing better is what? Take a guess!

The last time I heard someone try and argue that he got laughed out of class by the teacher when I took autotech back in HS years ago, argue that one einstein...

Better yet, take a pole with this question (But facts are facts man FWD is faster then AWD in the 1/4 all things being equal, even from a dig)

Tyler

Although your last part is somewhat correct, but really only in the power aspect. A few things that can change that are gearing, power band, shift points, ect...
Old 03-29-2010, 05:25 PM

god, im done. all you guys (except for a few) are right. fwd cars are wayyy better for drag racing, wayyy better for dirt racing, wayyyy better at launching with drags and wayyyy better for roll racing. i wonder why car companies even made awd and rwd cars. their engineers must be retarded.

Originally Posted by Illini_06SS
Slow Sho's next thread title:

"Stock Enzo vs. GMS1 SS/TC"

Who's gonna win?

FWD has no place on the drag strip.
i never said fwd has no place at the drag strip. hhrssouth said fwd is BETTER for drag racing then rwd or awd. im simply refuting that. anyone is welcome to the track, fwd is just the worst of the 3 drivetrains to drag with. i knew that when i had my ss/sc.

Last edited by restonSS; 03-29-2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-29-2010, 05:25 PM

Of course not, RWD is where its at.
I said FWD in the 1/4 mile is better then AWD all things equal.
I think you people keep missing that last part for the sake of arguing.

1/8th mile is where AWD really shines, no time to catch up.

Whoa there restonSS, I never said anything about rwd or any other racing other then AWD vs. FWD in the 1/4.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Banned

Whoa there restonSS, I never said anything about rwd or any other racing other then AWD vs. FWD in the 1/4.
Just stop, please. Your lack of understanding reality is really showing here...
Old 03-29-2010, 05:35 PM

ok, awd vs fwd, amx just proved you wrong in that matter and also included proof to show you. so youre still wrong if you think awd is better than fwd for 1/4 racing. ill ask my question again and hopefully youll answer this time. How many street legal fwd cars run a sub 10 second quarter mile and how many street legal awd car run a sub 10 second quarter mile? the difference is astronomical in awd favor. now youre just making yourself look silly.

Quick Reply: Stock LS1 vs Infiniboosted SS/TC