2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

ZZP Builds The Best LNF Mod Ever!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 02:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxPsi
i understand the more power you have the faster you go, but for ME i would rather have a balanced out car that handles great than a fwd monster that roasts tires and have to use drs all the time.

but then again, this was my street/daily driver toy. i have an ls1 to make power on and use drs all the time lol
Its different for everyone. I daily my car to. I dont have to use dr's all the time, its just like a high hp rwd, if your racing your not going to roll from a 40 anyway. I am also different because ohio doesnt really have any twisty roads lol so straight line it is.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont know why everyone insists on the turbo being over $2500... Your buying a turbo. Have you looked at the price of turbos? There are cheap and expensive ones but a turbo this small shouldnt be much higher than $1,300-$1,500. You can buy a precision turbo right now through one of thier suppliers for about $650 and it will spool in the same amount of time, and make the same numbers or higher. Yes you will need a manifold, WG, BOV, and a few other small parts but it would be good for 600hp compared to something maxed out at the 500hp mark. People dont understand the fact that almost any turbo that is bigger than our stock one is going to make fairly large gains in power "to a extent" since it is just sooo small. I do Love the fact that you can bolt this straight up and be done thought! But you have to remember the numbers that ZZP posted are with the stage cams installed as well. So at 25psi your making about 470hp on a just bolt ons LNF. That still pushing the turbo, not as bad as the stock one, but still quite a bit of boost to be running on a "big" turbo upgrade. Now i would take all this back if i saw the compressor maps and all then saw that its just getting into efficiency @25psi but im pretty sure the 509hp pull is pushing the limit of that turbo as well. Im not bashing ZZP at all i love all the new stuff they come out with and plan on buying a few items myself for my car, possibly this turbo if the price is in the range i stated, but we can only wait for more info from them.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Matt M
On another note, who put down 400whp on the BNR? Is there a thread? I'd like to read about it. Thanks.
IIRC vvv put down 420ish?? I don't remember for sure though...I'm sure he'll chime in.

Originally Posted by turbo_chevy_cobalt
Zzp you guys killing me here I might wait another year before I do my build to see what else u guys come up with. Great job guys.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this great news.. i know alot of folks on here will be spending there refunds check when this comes out..

FYI: Treadstone/ ZZP weren't the only tuners to use/fab the EFR TC for the LNF..
Old 03-14-2011, 02:21 PM

I just wanna know when we can expect this to hit the market, that's all

I like the fact it's a direct bolt on, can't go wrong there
Old 03-14-2011, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by cmiller8006
Its different for everyone. I daily my car to. I dont have to use dr's all the time, its just like a high hp rwd, if your racing your not going to roll from a 40 anyway. I am also different because ohio doesnt really have any twisty roads lol so straight line it is.
Originally Posted by silverbullet08
I dont know why everyone insists on the turbo being over $2500... Your buying a turbo. Have you looked at the price of turbos? There are cheap and expensive ones but a turbo this small shouldnt be much higher than $1,300-$1,500. You can buy a precision turbo right now through one of thier suppliers for about $650 and it will spool in the same amount of time, and make the same numbers or higher. Yes you will need a manifold, WG, BOV, and a few other small parts but it would be good for 600hp compared to something maxed out at the 500hp mark. People dont understand the fact that almost any turbo that is bigger than our stock one is going to make fairly large gains in power "to a extent" since it is just sooo small. I do Love the fact that you can bolt this straight up and be done thought! But you have to remember the numbers that ZZP posted are with the stage cams installed as well. So at 25psi your making about 470hp on a just bolt ons LNF. That still pushing the turbo, not as bad as the stock one, but still quite a bit of boost to be running on a "big" turbo upgrade. Now i would take all this back if i saw the compressor maps and all then saw that its just getting into efficiency @25psi but im pretty sure the 509hp pull is pushing the limit of that turbo as well. Im not bashing ZZP at all i love all the new stuff they come out with and plan on buying a few items myself for my car, possibly this turbo if the price is in the range i stated, but we can only wait for more info from them.
But these new BW's are dual ball bearing, billet wheel, lightweight turbine wheel, and alot of other sweet stuff. They have the ability to have a speed sesor to measure shaft speeds, built in electronic boost control. All that is worth money to me. I got a deal on my pte turbo but it is 1500 bucks for the model I got. If you can get this bolt on turbo and hook up the lines and be able to make 450 or more hp it is way worth it, I would pay 2500 for it. You dont have to buy a mani, gate, bov, dump tube, I have 1200.00 in just those pieces alone. I think this is just a sweet all around deal from ZZP. But like you said we can only wait and see.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo'dSS
theyre availible. i could buy one at a local shop here, (Full race). theyre a lil higher in cost but worth it imo. and with the stock manifold being a twinscroll manifold i would think this bolt on replacement would be also.
I just went to full race's website and they don't show any B1 frame twin scroll turbos on their website. they only show B2 frame's in stock with twin scroll. my friend has been waiting for two months for a single scroll turbo which is on backorder. These turbo's have been difficult to get. I called Treadstone and they didn't have any 6758's in stock single or twin scroll.

Only Matt can tell us if the modified turbine is twin scroll. My guess is no. Hope he answers. If it is a yes I'd love to see how it's done. The stock mani has an S shaped wall between the two chambers, whereas the EFR is a straight wall. Adapting to this could be difficult, but definitely possible.

Matt please answer!
Old 03-14-2011, 03:44 PM

This turbo looks awesome, but i dont get the difference between their s252 turbo kit for 2700$ that can put down 450-500whp.. or you can just buy this turbo by itself with supporting mods for maybe cheaper?

if they're doing this then they're pretty much putting their s252 turbo kit behind cause there would be no point to it anymore.. please correct me if i'm wrong. whatt are the major differences in this s254 turbo and the s252 KIT. besides the hardware obviously...
Old 03-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
This turbo is single scroll.

This turbo was not maxed on the 509whp pull. Not even close.

No, you can not buy any $650 600hp turbo and get the same spool as this turbo. This turbo has spool close to stock with 150+ whp increase potential.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by silverbullet08
650 for a precision turbo is the the bare bones non ball bearing turbo that will not have similar spool time my 5857 dual ball bearing turbo with a billet wheel the best you can find is 1500 and they can support up to 605 or so they say
Old 03-14-2011, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by kennysabarese
I just went to full race's website and they don't show any B1 frame twin scroll turbos on their website. they only show B2 frame's in stock with twin scroll. my friend has been waiting for two months for a single scroll turbo which is on backorder. These turbo's have been difficult to get. I called Treadstone and they didn't have any 6758's in stock single or twin scroll.

Only Matt can tell us if the modified turbine is twin scroll. My guess is no. Hope he answers. If it is a yes I'd love to see how it's done. The stock mani has an S shaped wall between the two chambers, whereas the EFR is a straight wall. Adapting to this could be difficult, but definitely possible.

Matt please answer!
It is not that hard to port out the twin scroll on the stock manifold. I've done it. Just make sure you have patience, a die grinder, and a variety of carbide burrs. You can run a twin scroll manifold with a non twin scroll turbo but it is not as efficient. My spool up improved by about
~500-700 RPMs on my precision 50 trim after porting. It was VERY laggy before i ported it out.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Fastgti69
This turbo looks awesome, but i dont get the difference between their s252 turbo kit for 2700$ that can put down 450-500whp.. or you can just buy this turbo by itself with supporting mods for maybe cheaper?

if they're doing this then they're pretty much putting their s252 turbo kit behind cause there would be no point to it anymore.. please correct me if i'm wrong. whatt are the major differences in this s254 turbo and the s252 KIT. besides the hardware obviously...
The 252 kit was easier and less expensive to bring to market. It can also be upgraded to a 256 or 262 down the road. This turbo will be more expensive and time consuming to bring to market and it will be more of a one-time mod for people that like to bolt something on and run it for a long time.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:54 PM

No, you can not buy any $650 600hp turbo and get the same spool as this turbo. This turbo has spool close to stock with 150+ whp increase potential.
Matt if you ever get a chance try porting out the twin scroll on the stock manifold and see what happens. I bet your numbers increase
Old 03-14-2011, 03:55 PM

Idk the difference between single and twin scroll I do know the stock one is a twin scroll but would this turbo you have in a twin scroll make much more gains?
Old 03-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by slowbalt84
You can run a twin scroll manifold with a non twin scroll turbo but it is not as efficient. My spool up improved by about
~500-700 RPMs on my precision 50 trim after porting. It was VERY laggy before i ported it out.
This was taken into consideration in the design of the exhaust housing inlet. Changing this particular turbo over to twin-scroll would only be worth a very small spool difference. Porting the manifold probably wouldn't do much of anything.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by slowbalt84
It is not that hard to port out the twin scroll on the stock manifold. I've done it. Just make sure you have patience, a die grinder, and a variety of carbide burrs. You can run a twin scroll manifold with a non twin scroll turbo but it is not as efficient. My spool up improved by about

I didn't realize there could be a downside to having a twin scroll mani mated to a single scroll turbo. Good to know.

What do you think about modifying the Twin Scroll EFR to line up nicely with the stock twin scroll LNF manifold. I think that would be very difficult due to the shape of the stock mani.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:11 PM

Its prolly minimal considering there are stock turbo guys hitting 360whp and zzp has made almost 400 on the stocker.
Yeah, maxing out the stock turbo is real fun. Im sure stock internals LOVE that. Especially the piston rings. And how long do you think the stock turbo can handle that kind of abuse? Plus those numbers are with meth or E. We can achieve the same numbers safely and preserving the life of the turbo with the BNR offerings, without meth injection. To ppl like me, thats important man. Im not trying to stir trouble. Was just pointing out that BNR and ZZPs EFR shouldnt be compared, and you shouldnt belittle someone elses work.

@Matt: You or Zoomer posted in the BNR thread or some other thread that you guys tried the big wheel upgrade, back when BTF was doing this, and that it wasnt worth it because when you ported it to make the larger wheels fit the walls could become too thin and crack allowing coolant to leak into the turbo. I took that comment to mean that you guys tried it and considered it to be not worth it.

Aaaanyways, keep an eye on the BNR thread, you will see one of the 2871 guys post numbers along those lines.
Like I said, good work ZZP. I hope this turbo is out soon for all the people that are anxiously awaiting it now that you made it public.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

so ive been playing on staying on the stock turbo for awhile, then i saw this thread haha.

Last edited by BPacak; 03-14-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by BPacak
so ive been playing on staying on the stock turbo for awhile, then i saw this thread haha.
me to. this is BIG.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by cubaniche
Yeah, maxing out the stock turbo is real fun. Im sure stock internals LOVE that. Especially the piston rings. And how long do you think the stock turbo can handle that kind of abuse? Plus those numbers are with meth or E. We can achieve the same numbers safely and preserving the life of the turbo with the BNR offerings, without meth injection. To ppl like me, thats important man. Im not trying to stir trouble. Was just pointing out that BNR and ZZPs EFR shouldnt be compared, and you shouldnt belittle someone elses work.
I put 20,000 miles on my stocker and ran it as far as it would go everyday and when I took it off and sold it, it had less shaft play than my 252 I put on. I can see where you wouldnt want to compare the bnr and the efr but at the same time there both a bolt on replacement. The ZZP efr can make full boost by I think Matt said 3500 rpms which is really good IMO, I bet the bnr 2871 has trouble doing that, or is within a couple hundred. I searched and couldnt find any dyno sheets of the bnr turbo, do you know where any are?
Old 03-14-2011, 05:03 PM

I put 20,000 miles on my stocker and ran it as far as it would go everyday and when I took it off and sold it, it had less shaft play than my 252 I put on. I can see where you wouldnt want to compare the bnr and the efr but at the same time there both a bolt on replacement. The ZZP efr can make full boost by I think Matt said 3500 rpms which is really good IMO, I bet the bnr 2871 has trouble doing that, or is within a couple hundred. I searched and couldnt find any dyno sheets of the bnr turbo, do you know where any are?
not to mention i has your turbo on my 2.4 and so far it's doing well.. there were 2 cracks in the twin scroll housing but that was it

bnr's 2871 supposedly spools a couple hundred rpms later then stock

no one has posted sheets yet
Old 03-14-2011, 05:03 PM

Come down to my area, I'll show you some twisties!
Old 03-14-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by elecblue06
not to mention i has your turbo on my 2.4 and so far it's doing well.. there were 2 cracks in the twin scroll housing but that was it

bnr's 2871 supposedly spools a couple hundred rpms later then stock

no one has posted sheets yet
Those cracks are the norm.

Originally Posted by hunter19707
Come down to my area, I'll show you some twisties!
I guess there is twisties down that way lol.

Last edited by cmiller8006; 03-14-2011 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-14-2011, 05:14 PM

Those cracks are the norm.

I guess there is twisties down that way lol.
oh i know they're normal on the turbo i was saying there were nothing wrong with the turbo outside of the norm and you ran 11s on it lol
Old 03-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Nothin Stock

damn lol

Quick Reply: ZZP Builds The Best LNF Mod Ever!