Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kissrocker52
So I now can join the rest of you guys lol got my tint ticket today lol
haha just one, i been nailed like 8times in the last year or so
starting to get expensive, but i love my privacy
Old 11-17-2010, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Red John
SportContact2's in snow are downright dangerous. I'm surprised you haven't hit anything.
pro styles bro
Old 11-17-2010, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by 7U5T1N
Uhh, thanks lol. In that case I was born weird.

In other news, I really need a remote car starter. I managed to lock my self out of the house this morning while I went out to start my car. I locked the door out of habit as I stepped out, however I managed to forget my house keys in my other pants... Not only that my cell phone was still being charged. Luckily I had my wallet on me so I could legally drive to work and so my day was ruined lol I had no breakfast, not lunch packed. Thankfully I went out fully dressed. That or I need my car keys on the same key chain as my house keys!

I'm getting used to the winter driving thing, there have been a few instances where my wheel spun unintentionally, always on ice. And twice my ABS brakes kicked in due to harder than expected braking. Other than that driving my car in the winter is at times fun! Especially when I pass SUVs and trucks that must not have winters or good all seasons. HA! Take that lol

OH! Is there another yellow cobalt SS with spoiler in town? I was behind one for quite some time on southbound Crowchild a few hours ago... Then we got separated by not one but two Hyundai Tuscons... I was saddened by this. Yellow is a great color for these cars I couldn't tell how shiny the tailpipe was so I couldn't be sure if it was who I thought it was
theres a yellow one that lives in my building tc some fat broad
Old 11-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Banned

oh or its paige
Old 11-18-2010, 12:18 AM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Red John
SportContact2's in snow are downright dangerous. I'm surprised you haven't hit anything.
bah... it's all about having common sense;
I bought my car late this past February, and drove it in some snow... not much, but some none the less...

I know many people here don't like them, but for a good summer w/great wet handling, I love them... I'll probably actually buy another set when time comes.

In other news, I really need a remote car starter. I managed to lock my self out of the house this morning while I went out to start my car. I locked the door out of habit as I stepped out, however I managed to forget my house keys in my other pants... Not only that my cell phone was still being charged. Luckily I had my wallet on me so I could legally drive to work and so my day was ruined lol I had no breakfast, not lunch packed. Thankfully I went out fully dressed. That or I need my car keys on the same key chain as my house keys!
that sucks.

I used to have all my keys on one ring, then two, and now I have the two rings plus the fob (at least for winter)...

You must have been pretty sleepy to have done that! - considering hte traffic this morning, hopefully you were at least on time for work!!

OH! Is there another yellow cobalt SS with spoiler in town? I was behind one for quite some time on southbound Crowchild a few hours ago... Then we got separated by not one but two Hyundai Tuscons... I was saddened by this. Yellow is a great color for these cars I couldn't tell how shiny the tailpipe was so I couldn't be sure if it was who I thought it was
Not me, even on a really bad day, I never break 30 minutes to get to work;
as the crow flies, I live about three km's from work - location was a factor when this house was chosen five years ago...

If it was an SS/TC, I've seen at least two others in town;
  • one was a Jack Carter car that they got in December 2008 (and didn't end up selling till probably October 2009; I cannot recall if that one had the high rise or not - I went to talk to them about it at least three times, but they would never budge off full MSRP, so every time I walked)
  • There's one with a low rise that Shaganappi only sold this past spring - it was a low-rise spoiler car.
  • I have seen one with a high-rise (twice?) at the intersection of Blackfoot & Southland - but that might be the JC car...
But then again the high rise was a factory option from 2005-mid 2009, and came std in 2005, then was optional for the SS/SC's in 2006-2007, as well as the 2008 through mid 2009 SS/TC's;
Rally Yellow was dropped from the option list shortly after the high-rise.

I have never seen another Rally Yellow/high-rise/'Reconfigurable Performance Display' Cobalt SS.

I occasionally see a Ultra Silver Metallic SS/TC on the way to work;
he turns of eastbound Glenmore on to 30th Street...
(if you're lurking here please speak up!!)
Old 11-18-2010, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by soundjunky
I bought my car late this past February, and drove it in some snow... not much, but some none the less...

I know many people here don't like them, but for a good summer w/great wet handling, I love them... I'll probably actually buy another set when time comes.

that sucks.

I used to have all my keys on one ring, then two, and now I have the two rings plus the fob (at least for winter)...

You must have been pretty sleepy to have done that! - considering hte traffic this morning, hopefully you were at least on time for work!!

as the crow flies, I live about three km's from work - location was a factor when this house was chosen five years ago...

• one was a Jack Carter car that they got in December 2008 (and didn't end up selling till probably October 2009; I cannot recall if that one had the high rise or not - I went to talk to them about it at least three times, but they would never budge off full MSRP, so every time I walked)
  • There's one with a low rise that Shaganappi only sold this past spring - it was a low-rise spoiler car.
  • I have seen one with a high-rise (twice?) at the intersection of Blackfoot & Southland - but that might be the JC car...
But then again the high rise was a factory option from 2005-mid 2009, and came std in 2005, then was optional for the SS/SC's in 2006-2007, as well as the 2008 through mid 2009 SS/TC's;

I have never seen another Rally Yellow/high-rise/'Reconfigurable Performance Display' Cobalt SS.

yeah that one at the dealer had a highrise, its the one they had for me to look at bf i bought the first one. they wouldnt sell the yellow one as some big shot there was cruisin it
Old 11-18-2010, 01:08 AM

that sucks.

yeah the sport contact 2 are great tires and def do the job, however since i retuned and left stock land, i need like a racing radial or some sort as the contact2 isnt cuttin it, they have treated me very well up to this point.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:15 AM

The yellow SS I saw was from Shagannapi.

We should set up something where we can report cobalt sightings! lol is that even feasible?

`J
Old 11-18-2010, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by victoryredturbalt
yeah that one at the dealer had a highrise, its the one they had for me to look at bf i bought the first one. they wouldnt sell the yellow one as some big shot there was cruisin it
oh?

I only saw that one show up around December 2008 - so that should have been a 2009 model year car;
Untill I spoke to one guy in Ontario, then later saw yours, I actually didn't think 2008 SS's were even offered to Canadians...

yeah the sport contact 2 are great tires and def do the job, however since i retuned and left stock land, i need like a racing radial or some sort as the contact2 isnt cuttin it, they have treated me very well up to this point.
I have read lots, and lots of reviews it seems that some "better" tires are really noisy on the highway (see sig picture below), and all the rest are scary to out right dangerous on wet conditions...

I'd rather have a good mannered street tire for dd/highway use, then have a separate set of stickies for the track...

oh wait!!!

- I already do!

The yellow SS I saw was from Shagannapi.

We should set up something where we can report cobalt sightings! lol is that even feasible?

`J
meh, I tried this early on, but it didn't catch...

I pulled my **** license surround shortly after the service manager ROYALLY pissed me off over $26 (@ full retail) worth of parts... f-him...
unless I have due cause, I'm going to JC.
(besides it's just easier that way)
/tangent...

Old 11-18-2010, 03:00 AM

oh?

I only saw that one show up around December 2008 - so that should have been a 2009 model year car;
Untill I spoke to one guy in Ontario, then later saw yours, I actually didn't think 2008 SS's were even offered to Canadians...

I have read lots, and lots of reviews it seems that some "better" tires are really noisy on the highway (see sig picture below), and all the rest are scary to out right dangerous on wet conditions...

I'd rather have a good mannered street tire for dd/highway use, then have a separate set of stickies for the track...

oh wait!!!

- I already do!

meh, I tried this early on, but it didn't catch...

I pulled my **** license surround shortly after the service manager ROYALLY pissed me off over $26 (@ full retail) worth of parts... f-him...
unless I have due cause, I'm going to JC.
(besides it's just easier that way)
/tangent...

i showed up with my plate at **** end of july 2008, and it had a border already 9from my last vehicle), haha pierre was pissed that he couldnt put his **** one that he had on there already. early july 2008 is when i saw that yellow tc highrise there, its the one they showed me as i had to wait for mine from the plant,then the train, etc waiting for my tc was agonizing. also posted a pic with my partial vin showing its year.
Personally i wont advertise for a company on my property, especially without some sort of incentive. All those decals they put on cars and trucks, first day it would b gone, just like those little GM badges on either side. Its overkill what dealers do. Just my opinion

Last edited by victoryredturbalt; 11-18-2010 at 03:35 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:28 AM

pls someone send a search party for my nuts they have vanished!!!!!!!!!!! damn its cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 10:56 AM

... just like those little GM badges on either side. Its overkill what dealers do. Just my opinion
ummm you didn't see it in the works?

those GM badges have absolutely nothing to do with dealer advertisements, instead they were one in a series of steps to stream line the GM brands, which was predated by Oldsmobile's unceremonious dropping, then latter followed by Pontiac being dropped...
(oh yeah Saturn & Hummer were killed of too, but who cares about that )

Actually GM's streamlining has been in the works for some time;
I suspect that GM turned down offers for the Pontiac brand (the only one which was never for sale btw) because right after GM killed Oldsmobile, they quietly merged Pontiac & GMC into one company...

At one point in time people were speculating that all GM 'brands' would be dropped all together...

Didn't you notice that GM's vehicles used to always have badges spelling out their division's name in addition to the divisions' logo, and the vehicle's model??
- Please tell me where the "Chevrolet" (as in spelt out) badge is on your car...

yeah Mark, it plain sucks big-hairy-man-sack out there...
Old 11-18-2010, 11:17 AM

incase anyone cares imho, THIS is a good deal;

cost of these - ( cost of wheels + cost of mounting and balancing ) = comparable cost of tires by themselves.

x = 550 - (*200+130)
x = 550 - 330
x = $270

(* - assumes wheels for $50/each)

posting up incase anyone could use these!
Old 11-18-2010, 11:41 AM

ummm you didn't see it in the works?

those GM badges have absolutely nothing to do with dealer advertisements, instead they were one in a series of steps to stream line the GM brands, which was predated by Oldsmobile's unceremonious dropping, then latter followed by Pontiac being dropped...
(oh yeah Saturn & Hummer were killed of too, but who cares about that )

Actually GM's streamlining has been in the works for some time;
I suspect that GM turned down offers for the Pontiac brand (the only one which was never for sale btw) because right after GM killed Oldsmobile, they quietly merged Pontiac & GMC into one company...

At one point in time people were speculating that all GM 'brands' would be dropped all together...

Didn't you notice that GM's vehicles used to always have badges spelling out their division's name in addition to the divisions' logo, and the vehicle's model??
- Please tell me where the "Chevrolet" (as in spelt out) badge is on your car...

yeah Mark, it plain sucks big-hairy-man-sack out there...
lol i know the diff between dealer decals and factory decals, i was just makin the point that there is overkill by the time it reaches the customer. i was saying i removed my gm decals. I suppose there is no 'chevrolet" but u could say the front and rear chev signs prob accomplish that.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:25 PM

lol i know the diff between dealer decals and factory decals, ...
Oh, i knew what you meant...

I suppose there is no 'chevrolet" but u could say the front and rear chev signs prob accomplish that.
yes you could, but they have always had both the badge, and the name...

they just replaced the name with those little GM badges...

so in the end the car has the same amount of badges;

model specific badging + division emblem + division name OR GM crest + dealer applied

I would have removed any if shaganappi put them on my car, the very next day... thankfully they only had the license surround... that was easy to take off!
Old 11-18-2010, 12:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can ask them to not put the dealer decals on or have them taken off if they are already on before delivery.

Also judging from the lack of accident posts I'm assuming no one has been in an accident
Old 11-18-2010, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by outtamymind
Also judging from the lack of accident posts I'm assuming no one has been in an accident
am I missing something?

was it normal to have someone post up by now about an accident?

the closest I had was last night some *****-store in a BMW-suv hard core cut me off/wouldn't let me in...

I say it again, *****-store

that's about all the white knuckle driving I need thank you very much.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:57 PM

i hear the weather is pretty shitty
Old 11-18-2010, 01:02 PM

Shitty is an understatement

And no just curious and making sure everyone is staying safe. And ya I've had a few close calls because people are retarded.

So far my car is handling just perfectly and I've been out driving around all over the place. The roads aren't great but if you drive to the conditions your fine
Old 11-18-2010, 01:38 PM

hello, nuts where are you???? feel sorry for saskdelta's, he is heading though the pass.... i honestly cant believe how crappy some of the drivers are.... it amazes me how some of them even got thier license!!!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:52 PM

Ya I have had a few close calls but drive to the roads and everyone would be fine some people are plain stupid. When it snows
Old 11-18-2010, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Projekt
i hear the weather is pretty shitty
I'm with Steve on this one...

I actually called my dad (in Winnipeg) on monday night... apparently we both had about hte same forcasts for the week...

for a quick glance at the weather network (LINK), it looks like you'r snow was delayed...

If you don't already have them, get your winter tires on - your forcast of 10cm, probably will not leave any school-aged disappointed...

edit:

just found this stroy;

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/17112010/...e-streets.html

Last edited by soundjunky; 11-18-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:13 PM

Shitty is an understatement

And no just curious and making sure everyone is staying safe. And ya I've had a few close calls because people are retarded.

So far my car is handling just perfectly and I've been out driving around all over the place. The roads aren't great but if you drive to the conditions your fine
doin good on my summer's haha, tomorrow morning i put the winters on hmmmmm prob should pull them outta the rear of the storage room. man oh man. Just watch too, it will b sunny next wekk melt the roads ........
n e way keep up the safeness peeps!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 02:15 PM

wanna send me a text when your driving around so i know to stay away from that area hahahaha
Old 11-18-2010, 02:21 PM

wanna send me a text when your driving around so i know to stay away from that area hahahaha
haha no prob, but im hibernating until tomorrow's install time, your all safe till then!

Quick Reply: Calgary - random talk thread