Old 10-20-2008, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Area47
::goes through logs::

LOL 26PSI!!!!!111111ONEONEONE

yea. they can't handle boost.

cast pistons? no. way ******* wrong.
head gasket? not likely.

what causes a head gasket to blow? anyone wanna take a stab at this?
OK....I'll say HEAT!
disclaimer (I'm just a driver)
Old 10-20-2008, 06:17 PM

EGT.
Killer of our engines.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:34 PM

i read all 9 pages

kinda like a movie...I must know the conclusion.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:39 PM

whats funny is how many people are ACTUALLY surprised that yet another LSJ blew...

sorry for ya, but you should have seen it comin.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Raven SS
because the majority of the best tuners in the country for lsj's come in here saying what it is and u fight tooth and nail saying it wasnt him...
+1

I've been waiting for this day for a long time.

Truth of the matter is that no one can complain about his tuning because what are you going to complain about? The reason you hired someone to tune your car is because you don't know how to, so as long as you make more power your happy.

The average owner of a car in general doesn't know a anything about their car and just because you drive a "sports" car doesn't change that. You see more HP and you say "ZOMG this dude is the bestest EVAAAA!!!" without any knowledge of what he did or what is going on inside your engine.

Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice...
Old 10-20-2008, 07:08 PM

^
Well said!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
+1

I've been waiting for this day for a long time.

Truth of the matter is that no one can complain about his tuning because what are you going to complain about? The reason you hired someone to tune your car is because you don't know how to, so as long as you make more power your happy.

The average owner of a car in general doesn't know a anything about their car and just because you drive a "sports" car doesn't change that. You see more HP and you say "ZOMG this dude is the bestest EVAAAA!!!" without any knowledge of what he did or what is going on inside your engine.

Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice...
...moar powa doesnt mean better tune...i mean **** ive tuned the **** outta a car for dyno numbers than backed it down to a street safe tune...

the thing that points it out to me is that another shop tuned it and had no problems...it gets tuned and gets more power and then 2 weeks later pops...im not the smartest dude but not monitoring vital things like egt and k/r...sure it didnt knock on the dyno but was the room at the same conditions u see on the street? same temp? same humidity? i highly doubt it...if u fart infront of a lsj and it goes up the intake the car is gonna do some fucked up ****
Old 10-20-2008, 07:41 PM

...moar powa doesnt mean better tune...i mean **** ive tuned the **** outta a car for dyno numbers than backed it down to a street safe tune...

the thing that points it out to me is that another shop tuned it and had no problems...it gets tuned and gets more power and then 2 weeks later pops...im not the smartest dude but not monitoring vital things like egt and k/r...sure it didnt knock on the dyno but was the room at the same conditions u see on the street? same temp? same humidity? i highly doubt it...if u fart infront of a lsj and it goes up the intake the car is gonna do some fucked up ****
he didnt really drive his car with the other tune he blew his tranny so no one knows. he will have his car looked at soon
Old 10-20-2008, 07:47 PM

time to go hahn lvl 5

lol so true...

Last edited by hungryhip-ccp; 10-20-2008 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-20-2008, 08:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You guys are really pointing fingers for no reason. I did not write the tune that was on the car. Derrick had it tuned at the performance shop that installed the TVS. He came to our dyno day to get his car dyno'd and to see if there was a little more power to be made out of it.

I lowered the fan temps, pulled a little fuel out because he was running enough fuel to blow black clouds out of his tailpipe when he got there, and I raised the timing.

Derrick and I talked before I ever touched his car, and what we decided on was just modifying the existing tune that was on there because he liked it as it was, but thought it could have more *****. I tuned it and got a good amount more power out of it, and could have gotten more if I wanted to, but we agreed to stop where we left it.

I don't see why so many people are sitting here blaming me. Why? Because I was the last person to touch his car? Come on now. You're talking about me making very minor changes, and then it's my fault.

From the sounds of it he had a detonation. He stated that the car wouldnt rev any higher and he kept his foot in the gas through a blinking check engine light. So you know it was most likely misfiring causing the blinking CEL, and because he held into it it finally detonated. Not exactly hard to figure it out.

AFRs were 11.6-11.7 and the timing was ~22*.

thing that points it out to me is that another shop tuned it and had no problems...it gets tuned and gets more power and then 2 weeks later pops...im not the smartest dude but not monitoring vital things like egt and k/r...sure it didnt knock on the dyno but was the room at the same conditions u see on the street? same temp? same humidity? i highly doubt it...if u fart infront of a lsj and it goes up the intake the car is gonna do some fucked up ****
Didn't he only have it on the car for about 2 weeks before I helped him with his tune? You can't say it HAD NO PROBLEMS before it got to me.

Originally Posted by Mnatvyc1223
whats funny is how many people are ACTUALLY surprised that yet another LSJ blew...

sorry for ya, but you should have seen it comin.
No ****. They are sitting here thinking that there is some kind of conspiracy.

And sadly some people that we should have respect for are in here thinking they are using this as a platform to make themselves look better, just because they weren't involved.

Last edited by Psykostevo; 10-20-2008 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
i'll be more than happy to run that turbo car of yours hungry.

Originally Posted by Omega_5
Truth!
I've seen a few tunes that gave me nightmares, but the driver/owner claims to love!
Ditto

lsj+heat+kr=kaboom its simple math people dont blame the tuner its the drivers fault for not monitoring

1. KR
2. EGT
Old 10-20-2008, 08:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yOU arnt a good tuner until you blow some engines up.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:13 PM

i'll be more than happy to run that turbo car of yours hungry.
make the drive... i would love to walk you and post it on the forum... or should i say bus lengths on you or better yet city blocks... all the tunning in the world cant make up for you blowing the motor trying to race me on one of your "high strung tunes"
Old 10-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Psykostevo
And sadly some people that we should have respect for are in here thinking they are using this as a platform to make themselves look better, just because they weren't involved.
steve. i would suggest stopping right there before you get your ***** busted.

Originally Posted by hungryhip-ccp
make the drive... i would love to walk you and post it on the forum...
judging by the video you posted. you're going to need a lot more than what you have now to do it.

Last edited by Area47; 10-20-2008 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-20-2008, 08:15 PM

Then why do you guys continually interject when you dont know what happened? You know as well as I do that anything can happen with these cars. If I saw something wrong I would have changed it, but I didn't. I looked over the tune that was on there before even making changes, and did multiple baseline pulls on a load bearing dyno before even making any changes.

You along with others still point the finger at me, what am I supposed to say? Give you guys a pat on the back and say that I purposely put something in his tune to make it blow up and you are right? I hope this thread makes you sleep better at night if that's how you want to treat it.

I know you hate my ego, and you feel that this gives you some reason to cut me down a notch.

Don't ask for my help one day, and then stab me in the back the next.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:17 PM

HOW about you just post the tune , since you said you made minor tweeks you must have it saved.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:24 PM

ok, mister 3 word sentances you wanna elaborate cause if you think i was racing or "driving hard" in that video then im lol and yes i have traction mods and drag radials lol i like my tranny in one piece

judging by the video you posted. you're going to need a lot more than what you have now to do it.
your not gonna drive out here so dont even try and talk ****... put up or shut up...

how about this one... on low boost...15psi

not break boosting requested by the roush owner 55-135 both starting in 3rd

beat one of those on film then we'll talk... right now your just wasting my time

Last edited by hungryhip-ccp; 10-20-2008 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-20-2008, 08:26 PM

strong words in this thread
Old 10-20-2008, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Darkmanx
HOW about you just post the tune , since you said you made minor tweeks you must have it saved.
okay JWhitten should have the before and after tunes on his computer. He can post them up.

Originally Posted by hungryhip-ccp
beat one of those on film then we'll talk... right now your just wasting my time
I can beat one LOL.

Last edited by Psykostevo; 10-20-2008 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-20-2008, 08:34 PM

okay JWhitten should have the before and after tunes on his computer. He can post them up.

I can beat one LOL.
That should clear up all the bs.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:34 PM

u ran an 11.7 afr with 20 degrees timing on a tvs lsj with no cooling solution?
Old 10-20-2008, 08:36 PM

u ran an 11.7 afr with 20 degrees timing on a tvs lsj with no cooling solution?
The 11.7 was using a tailpipe sniffer that reads less then actual. And he has heat exchanger, and I can't remember if he had dual pass or not. He had decent IAT2 temps, even after like 8 back to back pulls on the dyno, so he didn't seem to have any cooling issues.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:37 PM

I can beat one LOL.
i see, your sig... i know how to choose my battles lol

Quick Reply: RIP TVS Cobalt